Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 336, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Socrates, do you have any experience with this player list?
This is my third game back after a 6 year absence. (Secret: this wasn't my first account, though)

I can't remember if I ever played with Nacho or Albert back in the day, but I do recognize their names and I read a lot of games I didn't play in back in those days.

That said, my first game back was with Nacho, so I do have experience with him.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 349, Clumsy Phoenix wrote: Why was this never followed up on? This question was asked and (unless I'm missing a post), never answered nor re-asked.
Oh, I noticed, and I was hoping he would say something, but his next post (unless
I
missed a post) is just now, jumping on you.

I would still like him to answer, though I honestly don't expect much.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Socrates »

MariaR reminds me of UncertainKitten. My intuition is that Scum!Maria would only condescend to me the way she did if she knew I was on the wrong trail, so I'd be surprised if she was scum WITH Not Chara.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Socrates »

Similarly, I'm town-reading Alisae, but scum!him would never respond to my case on NC the way he did if it was on a scumbuddy.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 345, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:@Majiffy: Who are your other scumreads besides Almost50?
Too early to say, I think.

Got a couple townreads, that's about it.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Socrates »

My eyes instinctively glaze over at Tywin's posts. I need to correct that.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 297, KuroiXHF wrote:Notes: - Who here wants to collect all seven dragonballs!?
I would, but only if I could wish for a plasma TV or iPhone 7 plus. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:48 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

"Goku, I swear to God. I will ride your ass on this one."
"Oh my..."
"DAMN IT, TAKEI!"

Vote Count 1.06
Clumsy Phoenix
(3/7)
- Tywin Lannister, MariaR, Alisae
Almost50
(2/7)
- Majiffy, Vifam
MariaR
(2/7)
- ɀefiend, Clumsy Phoenix
Not Chara
(2/7)
- Socrates, Imperium
Albert B. Rampage
(1/7)
- Desperado
Clumsy Phoenix
(1/7)
- Albert B. Rampage
Majiffy
(1/7)
- Not Chara
Not Voting:
Almost50

Notes:
- Sha la het sha la...[/color]

(expired on 2017-04-04 12:55:00) until the end of Day One.
With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:48 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 356, Socrates wrote:My eyes instinctively glaze over at Tywin's posts. I need to correct that.
Even the short ones?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:02 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 357, Almost50 wrote:
In post 297, KuroiXHF wrote:Notes: - Who here wants to collect all seven dragonballs!?
I would, but only if I could wish for a plasma TV or iPhone 7 plus. :P
I was originally going to follow up on my joke about wishing for your death/resurrection/death again, but realized it's pretty stale after the first post. That being said, I'd have to hammer everyone to get them since I doubt I'll ever be passed to, so I'm pretty much going to ignore the whole ball thing entirely unless scum seem to have them and the early Lylo situation potentially pops up.

Side note: I like the Ali/Clumsy exchange. It changed my mind on Ali. He's not a solid TR. Scum Ali wouldn't have wasted the chance to shade me there. I'm pretty confident in that, far more than I was with the original SR. Ali wasting chances to shade anyone wouldn't happen unless town.

Still have Clumsy as strongest SR. Socrates comes in a slightly more distant second, but only due to gut rather than having something legitimate. If clumsy flips scum though, I'll be going hard after Socrates.

ABRampage is town IMO. If scum, he'd not push so hard on any wagon so early, and the 'threatening' anyone that leaves the wagon without good cause doesn't look like it comes from scum. Unless someone knows his meta enough to say he'd do that as scum, I put him firmly in a town slot. NC/Almost are far harder for me to read based on how they play, because they know how to look town as scum, and they're both good at making townies TR them by not shading the wrong people and/or switching stances of SRs into TRs fairly smoothly, something that scum don't usually do well. Due to that, they're more null than anything, but I have both as slight TRs for now, because I'm not lynching either this early, and I also dislike the wagons that formed on them without actual cases. There's been a lot of naked votes that don't sit well with me, but I'll know more on it after some flips.

So yeah, I'm sticking to Clumsy hydra. I don't buy the 'I'm always SR immediately' thing from the other head. If that's the case as town, then don't be scummy? You both could've posted earlier too, and if the other head is the one that knew they'd get SR, why didn't the Clumsy head post first? Using an excuse for possibly being SR in your very first post doesn't work for me. I also dislike Clumsy trying to shade me using flimsy reasoning, because it's basically OMGUS and I'm just one person in a 15 page game. It's fine to SR me, but use something better than 'he claims to not know flavor twice! He even said some of his flavor to fool everyone!' kinda thing. I'm sure I've said something else that can be twisted into being scummy somehow, so maybe put some more effort into it. You've basically tried recruiting Ali on me in hopes it would stick, they rebuffed the offer, so you became dead in the water. If you legit SR me, you'd probably not need to recruit a townie to help you vote or push me. You'd just make a case and stick with it.

Tl;dr: Clumsy needs a rope IMO.

P-edit: Socrates: if I was scum, that would be a good thing, but since I'm not, it's bad. I can try to keep posts short, but at least pretend to read the non-wall posts.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 am

This is a good reason why wall posts are bad. I have typos and can't fix them easily. Anyway, Ali is now** a strong TR, not Ali is not a strong TR. etc etc
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

I believe I explained in my first post that I hadn't gotten a hold of Clumsy in a bit and didn't want to lurk this game, we've had a problem with that in past when hydraing because we like to wait to speak with one another before posting. I can link our past games if anyone cares to see them and confirm that I am telling the truth wrt my posting and us lurking due to wanting to converse before posting.

Personally I think ABR hardpushing what he thinks is just kinda an ABR thing, fits him as a person from what I've seen. That said, anyone who has played with him has better meta knowledge than I do, so I figure I'll defer there first. Not sure if Clumsy has or hasn't.

Tywin, Alisae, and Socrates, have any of you given your thoughts on Desperado yet?
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

-Shaziro
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Majiffy »

Wall posts aren't bad you just need to learn to be a bit more concise with them.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:36 am

In post 364, Majiffy wrote:Wall posts aren't bad you just need to learn to be a bit more concise with them.
Haha the sad thing is that college taught me to write the way I do. It's a byproduct of needing a way to easily write essays that fit the arbitrary page/word count requirements. I also have a bachelors in English, so as you can imagine, my skill in writing convoluted BS skyrocketed.

I'll try to be more concise in the future.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Not Chara »

Tywin, while you're here: i'm curious, where have you seen my scum meta to know to make that judgement? my memory is bad, so i might simply be forgetting. was it Kuroi's WWE game?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 365, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 364, Majiffy wrote:Wall posts aren't bad you just need to learn to be a bit more concise with them.
Haha the sad thing is that college taught me to write the way I do. It's a byproduct of needing a way to easily write essays that fit the arbitrary page/word count requirements. I also have a bachelors in English, so as you can imagine, my skill in writing convoluted BS skyrocketed.

I'll try to be more concise in the future.
I understand. I had to write a 40 page thesis that I ended up clocking in around 20.

||
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:50 am

In post 362, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I believe I explained in my first post that I hadn't gotten a hold of Clumsy in a bit and didn't want to lurk this game, we've had a problem with that in past when hydraing because we like to wait to speak with one another before posting. I can link our past games if anyone cares to see them and confirm that I am telling the truth wrt my posting and us lurking due to wanting to converse before posting.

Personally I think ABR hardpushing what he thinks is just kinda an ABR thing, fits him as a person from what I've seen. That said, anyone who has played with him has better meta knowledge than I do, so I figure I'll defer there first. Not sure if Clumsy has or hasn't.

Tywin, Alisae, and Socrates, have any of you given your thoughts on Desperado yet?
Here's my hangup with your reasoning: you're knowingly using your own meta as a way to excuse scummy behavior. This is classic scum stuff. It's probably more in a NAI realm since lots of people do it, but scum can and do manipulate their past meta to excuse their behavior in other games. Granted, this can mean Ali is doing the same to make me TR him, and Almost/NC surely do it too, but it never sits well with me when it's used an excuse for why someone acts scummy. Ali isn't bringing up the past as a way to say 'I'm not scum even though I act scummy' here, but you are. That's the main difference.

Ali/NC/Almost were in my last game (I was scum), and a scum buddy did the exact same thing. He claimed his meta is why he was so scummy/making terrible plays if town/etc to explain things away. It actually probably helped throw the game with how clumsy (no pun intended) it was, but we didn't have a choice since he wouldn't listen when we said to not do it.

My point is that anytime someone uses 'I always act scummy, look at my past games, I'll give you links!' as an excuse for why they're currently scummy in another game, it always pings me. Always.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 am

In post 366, Not Chara wrote:Tywin, while you're here: i'm curious, where have you seen my scum meta to know to make that judgement? my memory is bad, so i might simply be forgetting. was it Kuroi's WWE game?
Yes, the WWE game. I had you firmly as town, not only because of balance reasons (I couldn't see any way that both managers would be scum without the game being extremely unbalanced), but because you were logical in a townie way, weren't pushing the wrong players, buddied the right ones when necessary, and a few other things that avoided any red flags. It was a pretty good showing as scum tbh. I was impressed.

So after that, I stopped using my normal methods of reading town/scum on you, because you know how to avoid pinging me in those ways. Almost is pretty much the same in that regard, although he also has a tendency to look scummy as town too. Due to that, I can't trust gut reads on either of you.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Alisae »

Guys maybe that's why we don't out personal tells on people.
GTKAS
| here.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

Most meta is garbage.

||
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

You either missed my question about Desperado or dodged it, please answer that. As for excusing scummy behavior, my problem is that I really don't see what I did that could be really read as scummy aside from going ahead and saying I might be scumread just for posting without Clumsy, and the fact that we got prodded.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Alisae »

Nah I saw it, I was just on my Ipad because I'm currently sick, and I was in bed when I posted.
tbh I haven't really payed much attention to him.
Gonna ISO him.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 373, Alisae wrote:Nah I saw it, I was just on my Ipad because I'm currently sick, and I was in bed when I posted.
tbh I haven't really payed much attention to him.
Gonna ISO him.
I meant Tywin, as he gave a more detailed response to me so I figured he would've seen it where you might not have. Let me know when you've got ideas on Desp, I'm talking to Clumsy about him.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Alisae »

Alright I got you.
tbh I don't really care about him right now?
Seems boring to me tbh.
Like he's only talking about the mechanic and I'm not really getting anything out of it.

Desperado can you talk more about your ABR read?
Do you have any other reads?
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”