Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 213, Socrates wrote:Imperium, how do you feel about Almost popping up to say some stuff to Vifram on the very page people were talking about wagoning him without any acknowledgement ? Unless I missed a post.
I didn't think anything of it in that regards. Why was he supposed to mention it before talking to Vifam?

I thought the post to vifam was a bit weird, but there are several awkward posters this game and it reads like a rather awkward stern warning, which is whatever, but I don't know why he had to acknowledge others talking about him.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 423, Almost50 wrote:Char gave me a Town "lean" not a Town "read". Why? Because they're wary of me appearing Town when I'm Scum having seen it first hand (not just as a separate slot, but as my own hydra partner). They went on to explain that I -according to them- have almost similar play as either alignment.

Scum!Chara would have probably just gave me a pass as a TR (i.e. tried to buddy/pocket me) rather than a Town lean with an explanation that almost negates it altogether.

There's also the fact that I was the first player they tried to figure out (along with Desperado, which they even read based on how they assessed my post, which also means they went on to ISO me first in a genuine attempt to figure me out, so their read on me had a genuine motivation to figure my alignment as early as possible.)

I'm sorry I'm expressing my thoughts in too many words, but I'm trying to express the exact feelings that lead me to TR NC.
I understand where you're coming from with this townread, mostly just disputing the strength of it at this point in time.

I think that it makes sense that Not Chara as town is more likely to slot you in as a weak townread as a strong one (for Not Chara would have a more cautious approach as town that it simply wouldn't be able to fake as scum). I think that it makes sense that Not Chara as town would attempt to read you first because it has familiarity with you.

I am not sure how much of this Not Chara would know to fake as scum, however. For example, I don't think it's a huge jump for Not Chara as scum to know that it shouldn't hard townread a strong scum player that they have experience with right out the gate, and I don't think it's a huge jump for them to work to approach you first over others since you two do have a hydra together. I do have concerns with how the Socrates read played out; I don't think that walking back on it when Not Chara did is natural, and I find the substance itself to be weak and more indicative of a scum mindset than a town one.

Did you have any opinions on it?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Imperium »

Almost - Is your town read on zefiend because he made the proposition to pass the balls only if we have more than one?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 427, Imperium wrote:I am not sure how much of this Not Chara would know to fake as scum, however. For example, I don't think it's a huge jump for Not Chara as scum to know that it shouldn't hard townread a strong scum player that they have experience with right out the gate, and I don't think it's a huge jump for them to work to approach you first over others since you two do have a hydra together. I do have concerns with how the Socrates read played out; I don't think that walking back on it when Not Chara did is natural, and I find the substance itself to be weak and more indicative of a scum mindset than a town one.

Did you have any opinions on it?
Not really. No. You see, I -too- was waiting to evaluate how Chara made their entrance and their few early posts to decide on them. As soon as I got a Strong Town Lean (i.e. excluded them from my today's lynch pool) I stopped worrying about that slot. I am more concerned now about deciding whom to actually push for the lynch and being right about it.

Once we see a flip or two I can go back and reassess my initial reads. Reassessing w/o seeing a flip or a STRONG reason to change my read isn't going to help me much, and -like I said- I saw nothing out of the ordinary in Chara's play so far. That's the way they think and that looks like how they would have posted in the hydra PT with me if we were not playing separately.

Besides, there are always night investigations to prove me right/wrong. :wink:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Imperium »

Okay so we got our role pms Tuesday morning the game opened early Tuesday afternoon. Unless scum have day talk, and all scum have shown up, hard town reading people for misunderstanding the mechanics can get us into trouble. I don't know if Kuroi is a fan of day talk, so if anybody has that knowledge that would save me some research. Also, I guess they almost have to have it in order to transfer balls during the day?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 428, Imperium wrote:Almost - Is your town read on zefiend because he made the proposition to pass the balls only if we have more than one?
Yes. It's an even better plan than mine because mine would make us partially lose control, while if each of us (those who end up having them) held on to one and ONLY one ball, scum will have a hard time guessing whom to shoot to get the ones that got passed. And besides, who is to say that we will all adhere to this "hold on to one and pass the other" plan? I might as well still pass them all if I had them, but to different people, and scum will lose track of them.

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

notice to players: I'm not going to be online tomorrow. I will catch up Sunday.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Imperium »

Heading out. Will pick up from page 12 tomorrow and give my thoughts then.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

1- I think we had the scum PT open in Note Book. In fact, I'm almost sure we did, because we submitted action during the day , so yes.. Kuroi allows Scum chat by day.

2- In WWE I wasn't in the scum chat, so I'm not sure if it was the same. I had a special role, so wasn't allowed to communicate with the rest of the team outside of the main thread.

3- Passing balls could be done via PM, and seeing as scum already know each other they don't have to do deliberate much before they do, but -again; judging by Note Book- I'd expect them to have the day chat open at all times.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 418, Imperium wrote:This looks town!
i couldn't disagree more
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Desperado »

like if i could only have one reason to vote abr it would be how quickly he went from pressure vote to narrative building, which is the only purpose that post served
;)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You're scum too Desperado
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Desperado »

yup you already said that once
;)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 418, Imperium wrote:Liked the rest of the post, don't understand what you're saying with this point.
Saying that get scumread frequently is them trying too hard to pretend to be town...?
tbh, looking back at it, I really do not know what I was trying to accomplish with that.
GTKAS
| here.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

I had this whole thing written about Desperado and then double checked the vote count and realized I had confused Tywin's vote on clumsy as being from Desperado. Ugh :facepalm:

His scumread on me is still nonsense, though.

Question to players that would know: Is NotChara typically a low volume poster?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 439, Alisae wrote:
In post 418, Imperium wrote:Liked the rest of the post, don't understand what you're saying with this point.
Saying that get scumread frequently is them trying too hard to pretend to be town...?
tbh, looking back at it, I really do not know what I was trying to accomplish with that.
Are you still happy with your vote on them?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 440, Socrates wrote:Question to players that would know: Is NotChara typically a low volume poster?
As of late, YES. Unpredictable schedule I suppose or something like that.

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 426, Imperium wrote:
In post 213, Socrates wrote:Imperium, how do you feel about Almost popping up to say some stuff to Vifram on the very page people were talking about wagoning him without any acknowledgement ? Unless I missed a post.
I didn't think anything of it in that regards. Why was he supposed to mention it before talking to Vifam?

I thought the post to vifam was a bit weird, but there are several awkward posters this game and it reads like a rather awkward stern warning, which is whatever, but I don't know why he had to acknowledge others talking about him.
It's not about before or after, it's that he just flatly ignored people talking about voting him while posting about other things. It struck me as weird. It might be his style to not bother addressing that kind of stuff, though.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 442, Almost50 wrote:
In post 440, Socrates wrote:Question to players that would know: Is NotChara typically a low volume poster?
As of late, YES. Unpredictable schedule I suppose or something like that.
Kay. I really want to get more out of them, but I don't want to jump to the conclusion that they are avoiding the thread.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 441, Socrates wrote:
In post 439, Alisae wrote:
Are you still happy with your vote on them?
There was other stuff I pointed out in that post plus my interactions with them so I'm happy with it, but I could always join you back on NC.
GTKAS
| here.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 440, Socrates wrote:His scumread on me is still nonsense, though.
wrong answer
;)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 360, Tywin Lannister wrote:
P-edit: Socrates: if I was scum, that would be a good thing, but since I'm not, it's bad. I can try to keep posts short, but at least pretend to read the non-wall posts.
I know. It's my fault, not yours. Our reads have seemingly no overlap, yet I don't see much of a scum motivation to your posting, so my focus keeps drifting elsewhere. and if I didn't make conscious note of it, I would just keep ignoring you.

For example, Sharizo's pity party entrance is indeed lame, as Alisae put it, but it's the kind of thing I see from bad townies more than I see from scum, and Alisae more or less confirmed that it wasn't totally out of character for them.

This doesn't add up to a town read, mind you, and I see other townies fall for that red herring enough that I don't really question you jumping on him for it.

(If anything, that behavior does deserve a good slap because no player of any alignment has any business being so defeatist.)
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Talking with the Shaz head, I liked Socrates' case about Not Chara. Shaz head agrees, so we're going to follow there.

VOTE: Not Chara
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 446, Desperado wrote:
In post 440, Socrates wrote:His scumread on me is still nonsense, though.
wrong answer
Our assessment of Almost differed purely on how difficult we felt it would be to fake.

Not agreeing with my case on NC isn't a good reason to scum read me.

Your last point is some links without any grounding whatsoever.

A nonsense read.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Desperado »

unvote
vote: socrates
;)