Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 547, MariaR wrote:Now now move along you were wrong last game we played and you're prob scum or wrong I have more important people to talk too
lmao you can't even go four posts without hedging on me
;)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 549, Desperado wrote:
In post 546, MariaR wrote:People are most likely to hate on what they don't understand don't worry it's okay to fall into that category
Pedit: Who said anything about it being meta
:neutral:

Pretty sure I townread you I'm fakegods game btw
I'm pretty sure you had me as nullish but correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't you say why you sr me cause in my eyes that was a very random out of no where vote
Pedit: What's hedging? O_o
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 539, MariaR wrote:(Input self meta on how I love being scum and hate being town wifom here)
Oh, no need to shy away from this, it's the crux of my concern here.

What is it that you enjoy about playing scum?
Because I put myself in the shoes of a hypothetical Scum!Maria, and I see someone with nothing to do.

You've got all these townies with their back and forths and their sorting reads and it's all so droll, but they are all just walking around in circles sniffing each others asses and haven't even really looked your way. But you have no reason to challenge the status quo, so you find yourself just sitting there.

Bored.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 553, Socrates wrote:
In post 539, MariaR wrote:(Input self meta on how I love being scum and hate being town wifom here)
Oh, no need to shy away from this, it's the crux of my concern here.

What is it that you enjoy about playing scum?
Because I put myself in the shoes of a hypothetical Scum!Maria, and I see someone with nothing to do.

You've got all these townies with their back and forths and their sorting reads and it's all so droll, but they are all just walking around in circles sniffing each others asses and haven't even really looked your way. But you have no reason to challenge the status quo, so you find yourself just sitting there.

Bored.
HAHAHAHAHA no.
I love scum I love the sense of being able to trick people and use the game to my advantage and twist words so they look bad or make it so everyone tr's me in that since it's my job to stay out of trouble by whatever means needed it's so much FUN
town I have to read walls try to understand people and try and see who's the bad people here...zzzz boring
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by MariaR »

Although I really do like finding that one really towny player and buddying them so we can be bff's as town ^_^
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

GHOST NAPPA!

"Nail, there is an albino Namekian standing right beside you. Kill it like the rest."

Vote Count 1.08
Majiffy
(3/7)
- Not Chara, ɀefiend, Tywin Lannister
Almost50
(2/7)
- Majiffy, Vifam
Clumsy Phoenix
(2/7)
- Albert B. Rampage, Alisae
Desperado
(1/7)
- MariaR
MariaR
(1/7)
- Socrates
Not Chara
(1/7)
- Clumsy Phoenix
Socrates
(1/7)
- Desperdo
Vifam
(1/7)
- Imperium
Not Voting:
Almost50

Notes:
- Actually had an opportunity to do this. Yay![/color]

(expired on 2017-04-04 12:55:00) until the end of Day One.
With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Socrates »

But what do you do when the town is ignoring you? Do you like to go "tee hee I'm going see how far I can push it before these stupid fucks catch on!"?

A lot of your posting feels like a cry for attention, to be honest.

As far as twisting words, it's good to note that you are self conscious about the act. Many scum tell themselves that their rhetoric is rock solid and that they are making perfectly sound observations that happen to be wrong. I look at the way you just interacted with Desperado and go "yep, that fits."
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 556, KuroiXHF wrote:GHOST NAPPA!

"Nail, there is an albino Namekian standing right beside you. Kill it like the rest."

Vote Count 1.08
Majiffy
(3/7)
- Not Chara, ɀefiend, Tywin Lannister
Almost50
(2/7)
- Majiffy, Vifam
Clumsy Phoenix
(2/7)
- Albert B. Rampage, Alisae
MariaR
(2/7)
- Socrates, Desperado
Desperado
(1/7)
- MariaR
Not Chara
(1/7)
- Clumsy Phoenix
Vifam
(1/7)
- Imperium
Not Voting:
Almost50

Notes:
- Actually had an opportunity to do this. Yay![/color]

(expired on 2017-04-04 12:55:00) until the end of Day One.
With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Fixed.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 557, Socrates wrote:But what do you do when the town is ignoring you? Do you like to go "tee hee I'm going see how far I can push it before these stupid fucks catch on!"?

A lot of your posting feels like a cry for attention, to be honest.

As far as twisting words, it's good to note that you are self conscious about the act. Many scum tell themselves that their rhetoric is rock solid and that they are making perfectly sound observations that happen to be wrong. I look at the way you just interacted with Desperado and go "yep, that fits."
I make town see me or I agree and work an angle that's best for me
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 552, MariaR wrote:I'm pretty sure you had me as nullish but correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't you say why you sr me cause in my eyes that was a very random out of no where vote
did you think i was joking when we had our conversation re: dragonballs or what?

hedging is you saying i'm either scum or wrong (town)
;)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 560, Desperado wrote:
In post 552, MariaR wrote:I'm pretty sure you had me as nullish but correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't you say why you sr me cause in my eyes that was a very random out of no where vote
did you think i was joking when we had our conversation re: dragonballs or what?

I did not think you were joking you just said I was wrong and that you disagree not that my actions were scummy for it
and okay I see then yes I'm hedging but leaning scum
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Imperium »

Ended up needing to talk to family tonight forever and I'm about to crash so postponing giving my actual thoughts but real quick:

Notchara - no I didn't care that you didn't town read us for the read, it wasn't about that. Desperado also didn't ping me per se by having the same read and explaining it. It could come from him town. I do not have a read on desperado, which isn't terribly concerning but nacho doesn't either, which is concerning. He has liked soulless things he's done but not enough for an actual town read.

It interested me in the sense of, this is something I want fleshed out for what it could mean purposes, if that makes sense.

Shaziro - nacho modded gossip girl and I played chuck bass the one that kinda tunneled you for a good portion of day one.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Imperium »

Actually I'm probably not falling asleep right away so I'm going to ramble. I'm also tipsy and on my phone so forgive my misspellings.

I'm surprised that a good number of people have such a good pile of town reads because nacho and I only have two that we feel really good about: tywin and not chara.

We have other leans and things we've liked about other people, namely and for the most part clumsy, almost, and abr (I believe this is correct, there was some drinking involved earlier, but actually abr is the only one I don't think we discussed or said yeah that's a town lean together. That could just be me.)

Almost everybody else we both agree has some good posts, like some things generically but have not moved out of the I feel comfortable in them not being scum basket yet. I'd like to have more people out of that basket, but it seems like ever since I came off my million game scum streak last year, which spanned five sites mind you!, it's taken me longer to move people into a decent town read category, but nacho is there too so I guess I'm not too stunted.

Anyway that's where I'm at right now, and hopefully starting tomorrow we'll be able to make progress sorting that basket, but for now you get ramble me. You're welcome!

Tywin - I really like and appreciate that you need more to solve the game. Your urgency is part of what has both of us town reading you. You are right that what I said this morning was mean. I'm sorry. Not that it forgives it but I read that right after waking up too early in the morning on the weekend. Hat coupled with how I'm feeling about the way people are treating each other in mafia set me off, but that doesn't excuse me being mean.

What you might be looking at as fluff is me sorting the game in my own way. I do pretty well, get quite decent reads and am generally town read by most players, so I don't feel the need to change my style. There are things to work on, yes and I do and am working on things I can improve on. But my style and how I approach the game isn't one of those. I'm indecisive as hell and overthink things a lot and I like to get things right, so that is what you're going to see from me. If you don't know me a lot of it can look fluffy or maybe like I'm not scumhunting, but if you read for my thought process you'll see I'm putting out what I think. if you want to actually talk to me and figure out the game, I'm happy to.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Imperium »

Maria are you and abr close?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

I agree. Being town is boring. Being scum is way more fun.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:44 pm

In post 555, MariaR wrote:Although I really do like finding that one really towny player and buddying them so we can be bff's as town ^_^
Oh save it. We all like doing this as scum too. Anyways, at least you're posting now. I'm staying on majiff
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

guys does anyone wanna be my buddy?
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm

In post 560, Desperado wrote:

Oh and Imperium: no worries. I don't get offended easily, at least not playing Mafia. Everyone says things in the game that they wouldn't outside of it. It's part of the game IMO. If I thought I could get a scum player to out themselves somehow by being insulting, I'd do it. Wouldn't mean that I actually disliked them as a person or a player. It's just how the game goes sometimes.

My main point about the fluff wasn't to be condescending about your playstyle, but more my wariness of it, since I've seen scum go the same route. Not knowing your meta means I don't know where you're coming from when you go certain routes, and in my paranoid perspective, I can see scum motives for plenty of things that may not always be true. Does that make sense?
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

Tywin I know my posts get lost in all the walls but I'm already voting Majiffy and for the exact general reason you have. I also gave a specific example of him dodging a pretty big talking point.

I was busy all spring break and last week so I'm not into the whole wall-posting mode yet, but I'm certainly capable of it.

My initial takeaway from Imperium and NC exchange is TvT motivations.

Desperado is still pinging me but I saw this type of play in TBD Mafia and it took a while for me to nail him as Town, so we shall see.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 pm

In post 567, Alisae wrote:guys does anyone wanna be my buddy?
Sure. Let's be Mason hydras with two votes. You vote with me and we can lynch the scums. If you're scum, then just bus all your buddies for some sweet TCred.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

Sounds good to me!
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 pm

In post 569, ɀefiend wrote:Tywin I know my posts get lost in all the walls but I'm already voting Majiffy and for the exact general reason you have. I also gave a specific example of him dodging a pretty big talking point.

I was busy all spring break and last week so I'm not into the whole wall-posting mode yet, but I'm certainly capable of it.

My initial takeaway from Imperium and NC exchange is TvT motivations.

Desperado is still pinging me but I saw this type of play in TBD Mafia and it took a while for me to nail him as Town, so we shall see.
I realized that after the latest vote count. I've been losing track of a lot of players this game due to so many walls going up (I'm also guilty of this). But I don't SR you for anything I've seen/remember. I just don't remember many players mentioning you, so I added your name to the list of nulls that either need sorting by me or need comments on from others. When people don't interacting with specific players, it makes me wonder if they're scum buddies who are avoiding each other like the plague. Scum don't usually go after each other D1, so I'm hoping to either make them interact or see why they won't. Majiff hasn't interacted with anyone besides voting Almost, apparently because he thinks Almost's posts are 'all trash.' He's avoided the rest, although maybe he'll explain on Monday why. Mariah started posting now, so that leaves Vifam as the other lurker left. Those two need to either post and get sorted or get lynched. Everyone else has made a stance for/against at least a few players. Clumsy I need to ISO, because I still can't remember much from them past the scummy opening.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 569, ɀefiend wrote:Desperado is still pinging me but I saw this type of play in TBD Mafia and it took a while for me to nail him as Town, so we shall see.
you were a lot more open with your suspicion in tbd

why are "pings" all we're getting here?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Desperado »

@ tywin might have missed it but have you addressed alisae being your best townread but also prepping to scumread people sheeping socrates' nonexistent NC case
;)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'm willing to vote Majiffy. For one thing he is already in my lynch pool, and for another he is being voted by 3 of my strong TRs. I still don't feel the urge yo do it right now though, so I'm giving him time to come back and try to say something AI. If I had to vote him right it'd be mainly because I can't get any vibes from him at all.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”