[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by nancy »

Cool, I caught scum on page 6. 146 is what a guilty conscience looks like, btw.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by TesXX »

nancy wrote:Cool, I caught scum on page 6. 146 is what a guilty conscience looks like, btw.
No, I made 146 because 142 didn't make sense.
Thanks for answering my question by the way.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 134, nancy wrote:Whatever. It's obvious I'm VT anyway from this whole stupid thing.
Explain why you felt it necessary to state anything other than "I am not BP."
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by nancy »

Explain why you think I give a shit about your pedantry.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Your VT claim is not consistent for someone who is concerned with teaching new players how to play.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by nancy »

It was already obvious anyway so what do you want from me? Cool I made shit tier plays are you happy? This whole BP/not-BP strat is garbage and look, the game is stalled as a result. Congrats.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 151, TesXX wrote:
nancy wrote:Cool, I caught scum on page 6. 146 is what a guilty conscience looks like, btw.
I assume you're being ironic? I believe I've answered the question in previous posts, but your post also answers the question. (Think about why for a minute if you're not sure how that is.) But to elaborate on how I caught you, the post betrays your guilty conscience. The question doesn't come from a Town mindset as I understand it and doesn't lead anywhere except back unto itself. The way that you phrased it combined with the way that it comes out of nowhere (I didn't even explicitly call you scum, for instance) tell me that you have an active sense of guilt (which only scum can have) and were trying overly hard to pose the question in the way that a townie might pose it. The end result just comes off stilted and awkward.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 78, Pine wrote:Red sauce is simmering. I take store-bought jars of sauce and add ingredients to them until the flavor is entirely changed. This time, I added sauteed onion, garlic, thyme, hand-crushed rosemary, oregano, and Parmesan cheese to it, among other things I'm likely forgetting. I don't have an open bottle of red wine (I'm a riesling fellow) so I'm giving that a pass tonight.
I just had a tomato-base pasta sauce with diced garden vegetables, sundried tomato and baby spinach, topped with Parmesan. Uh-mazing. I don't drink though, hehe. I was always a chardonnay dyke, when I did. If you like Riesling try the Waipara West (NZ), if you find a seller that imports. Thank me later.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 136, Chronicle wrote:
In post 127, StealthyNoodle wrote:This person has been staring at that noose for hours, not uttering a single word.

UNVOTE: nancy
VOTE: bjc0303
Ew
Care to elaborate on the ew?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 158, nancy wrote:Care to elaborate on the ew?
Pretending to be proactive and generating content, but really that's a useless vote.

I also disliked it when you voted bjc.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by nancy »

If you're at the stage in the game where you don't have anyone you're scumreading heavily or don't have any wagons you want to actively push at that time, it's generally a fine idea to push on people who are absent or lurking in an effort to get them to contribute to the game. With that in mind, do you have any problems with the post? What did you dislike about my vote on bjc?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 160, nancy wrote:If you're at the stage in the game where you don't have anyone you're scumreading heavily or don't have any wagons you want to actively push at that time, it's generally a fine idea to push on people who are absent or lurking in an effort to get them to contribute to the game. With that in mind, do you have any problems with the post? What did you dislike about my vote on bjc?
My point still stands. Why push someone who hasn't even posted in this game yet when there are so many others to interact with? You don't even have to push a wagon, but interactions with anyone else would generate some sort of contact or reaction.

Engaging with someone who hasn't even made an entry seems counter productive. There is nothing to gain, you can't even ask him a question when you don't know any of his stances. Any vote or wagon on him just seems empty and baseless.

And I disliked your bjc for the exact same reasons.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

March 27, 2017 - 8:55 AM (GMT)

Day 1

I'm really, really sorry if I've made a mistake with the votecount. I have such a splitting headache
that I can barely tell bold text apart.

StealthyNoodle (L-3)
: Chronicle, Pine
Srceenplay (L-3)
: TesXX, Loopdan
Loopdan (L-4)
: Srceenplay
TesXX (L-4)
: nancy
bjc0303 (L-4)
: StealthyNoodle

Not voting:
bjc0303, WhyMafia

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 actions:

April 9, 2017 - 3:00 PM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2017-04-09 15:00:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.

Vote Count 1.02
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 161, Chronicle wrote:
In post 160, nancy wrote:If you're at the stage in the game where you don't have anyone you're scumreading heavily or don't have any wagons you want to actively push at that time, it's generally a fine idea to push on people who are absent or lurking in an effort to get them to contribute to the game. With that in mind, do you have any problems with the post? What did you dislike about my vote on bjc?
My point still stands. Why push someone who hasn't even posted in this game yet when there are so many others to interact with? You don't even have to push a wagon, but interactions with anyone else would generate some sort of contact or reaction.

Engaging with someone who hasn't even made an entry seems counter productive. There is nothing to gain, you can't even ask him a question when you don't know any of his stances. Any vote or wagon on him just seems empty and baseless.

And I disliked your bjc for the exact same reasons.
It's productive for the very reason that the intent (and it's up to you to parse whether or not the vote was truly made with this intent or was just an easy vote) is to bring that person into the game. You can interact with people in thread without voting them, but you can't interact with someone who isn't in the thread at all. It's kind of an on-principle thing. If it's only one vote it won't be particularly effective, but it's the principle of "get in here and help us catch scum or you die" that matters, and if a wagon forms and that slot is in fact lurking rather than absent, they are forced to engage in the thread where they otherwise could've continued to lurk. Does that make sense?
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 159, Chronicle wrote:
In post 158, nancy wrote:Care to elaborate on the ew?
Pretending to be proactive and generating content, but really that's a useless vote.
In his current state, he's only making it easier for scum. He might or might not be scum himself, but being inactive isn't the way to prove your innocence.
In post 161, Chronicle wrote:Engaging with someone who hasn't even made an entry seems counter productive. There is nothing to gain, you can't even ask him a question when you don't know any of his stances.
So you'd rather trust someone who won't respond to your questions then, than someone who does? You're just proving my point here, mate.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:11 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 162, MiniDeathStar wrote:I have such a splitting headache
that I can barely tell bold text apart.
Blows. Get well soon!
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Srceenplay »

VOTE: Whymafia
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:55 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 156, nancy wrote:
In post 151, TesXX wrote:
I assume you're being ironic? I believe I've answered the question in previous posts, but your post also answers the question. (Think about why for a minute if you're not sure how that is.) But to elaborate on how I caught you, the post betrays your guilty conscience. The question doesn't come from a Town mindset as I understand it and doesn't lead anywhere except back unto itself. The way that you phrased it combined with the way that it comes out of nowhere (I didn't even explicitly call you scum, for instance) tell me that you have an active sense of guilt (which only scum can have) and were trying overly hard to pose the question in the way that a townie might pose it. The end result just comes off stilted and awkward.
Alright.
So if I'm scum, make a post with how a town player would answer it.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 163, nancy wrote:It's productive for the very reason that the intent (and it's up to you to parse whether or not the vote was truly made with this intent or was just an easy vote) is to bring that person into the game. You can interact with people in thread without voting them, but you can't interact with someone who isn't in the thread at all. It's kind of an on-principle thing. If it's only one vote it won't be particularly effective, but it's the principle of "get in here and help us catch scum or you die" that matters, and if a wagon forms and that slot is in fact lurking rather than absent, they are forced to engage in the thread where they otherwise could've continued to lurk. Does that make sense?
Does a wagon really force them to come into this thread? If he's been avoiding this game, sure.

He hasn't come online since this game started. It's a lazy push. I understand the rationale behind voting a lurker to encourage content, but surely you can see this vote will not accomplish that.
In post 164, StealthyNoodle wrote:In his current state, he's only making it easier for scum. He might or might not be scum himself, but being inactive isn't the way to prove your innocence.
Voting him won't work like a prod would, and will not magically get him back.

In post 164, StealthyNoodle wrote:So you'd rather trust someone who won't respond to your questions then, than someone who does? You're just proving my point here, mate.
Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said I would trust someone who wouldn't respond to my questions. I said trying to engage someone who hasn't even entered the game will not help us progress the game.

If you are town, stop being lazy with your vote. A bjc is useless when he was last online 12 hours before this game started.

Or if you're scum just trying to look proactive in finding scum, go ahead.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:58 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 166, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: Whymafia
Why?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 am

Post by nancy »

In post 167, TesXX wrote:So if I'm scum, make a post with how a town player would answer it.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking of me. What is the connection between you being scum and how a Town slot would answer? Answer what? Could you try rephrasing maybe?

In post 168, Chronicle wrote:Does a wagon really force them to come into this thread? If he's been avoiding this game, sure.

He hasn't come online since this game started. It's a lazy push. I understand the rationale behind voting a lurker to encourage content, but surely you can see this vote will not accomplish that.
Well, what I've trying to push you towards looking at not strictly whether the you like the vote, but whether you like the
. I got hints of you reading into that in 159, but I wanted to see whether you just thought that voting lurkers on policy was bad or whether you were reading into Noodle's motivation and finding it lacking.

It looks like you have done this somewhat after all, which is great. But I'd also encourage you to question Noodle on it rather than just come to the conclusion that it's a bad post. Noodle may very well not have realized that bjc hadn't come online since the game started (I certainly didn't), for instance, or may just not have thought it through very well, or may have been following a thought process that hadn't occurred to you, or something else entirely. The only way to know for sure (granted, he could always be scum and lie, so you can't
really
know for sure) is to question him.

Start a dialogue, create content. You think his push is lazy, but what does that mean about his alignment? Both Town and scum can be lazy, and both Town and scum can make good or bad posts. So what you really have to figure out here is how Noodle's post indicates one alignment or the other.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 168, Chronicle wrote: He hasn't come online since this game started. It's a lazy push.
In post 168, Chronicle wrote: A bjc is useless when he was last online 12 hours before this game started.
Why the heck would he go online just to lurk? It would simply weaken his position as scum. Your reasoning makes no sense.
In post 168, Chronicle wrote: trying to engage someone who hasn't even entered the game will not help us progress the game.
He entered the game at the moment he accepted his role. He might be flaking, he might be lurking. And hopefully he'll show up to speak his mind about that sooner or later.
In post 168, Chronicle wrote: If you are town, stop being lazy with your vote.
Stop shoving people around. Again, if I feel like someone's more fit for the vote, I'll gladly change my mind.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 170, nancy wrote:Well, what I've trying to push you towards looking at not strictly whether the you like the vote, but whether you like the post. I got hints of you reading into that in 159, but I wanted to see whether you just thought that voting lurkers on policy was bad or whether you were reading into Noodle's motivation and finding it lacking.

It looks like you have done this somewhat after all, which is great. But I'd also encourage you to question Noodle on it rather than just come to the conclusion that it's a bad post. (I certainly didn't), for instance, or may just not have thought it through very well, or may have been following a thought process that hadn't occurred to you, or something else entirely. The only way to know for sure (granted, he could always be scum and lie, so you can't really know for sure) is to question him.

Start a dialogue, create content. You think his push is lazy, but what does that mean about his alignment? Both Town and scum can be lazy, and both Town and scum can make good or bad posts. So what you really have to figure out here is how Noodle's post indicates one alignment or the other.
Insight. And thanks.
In post 170, nancy wrote: Noodle may very well not have realized that bjc hadn't come online since the game started
I knew.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 171, StealthyNoodle wrote:Why the heck would he go online just to lurk? It would simply weaken his position as scum. Your reasoning makes no sense.
Same if he were town? Him not posting in this thread is therefore not alignment indicative, as you have previously implied.
In post 171, StealthyNoodle wrote:He entered the game at the moment he accepted his role. He might be flaking, he might be lurking. And hopefully he'll show up to speak his mind about that sooner or later.
Convenient how you just snipped out the whole part about putting words in my mouth while replying to me.
In post 171, StealthyNoodle wrote:Stop shoving people around. Again, if I feel like someone's more fit for the vote, I'll gladly change my mind.
Your vote is wasted on a slot that hasn't even logged in since the game started, and you voting him will not pop him an email telling him to check in on this game and post his thoughts.

And when he does finally catch up, he will post his thoughts accordingly. Your one vote doesn't do anything. It will not spur any sort of reaction, it does not give him any sort of incentive to pay more attention to this game, because he is not ignoring this game. Because he hasn't even logged in yet.

Your vote does not do anything. His inactivity thus far is not alignment indicative.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 170, nancy wrote:Well, what I've trying to push you towards looking at not strictly whether the you like the vote, but whether you like the post. I got hints of you reading into that in 159, but I wanted to see whether you just thought that voting lurkers on policy was bad or whether you were reading into Noodle's motivation and finding it lacking.
What's the difference between the vote and the post? I dislike both of them. I have nothing against voting lurkers if your case is that they are scum coasting, but Noodle's vote on bjc just read as pointless and empty, one I'd from newbscum. An easy push on a lurker to appear active in looking for scum.

quote="In post 170, nancy"]It looks like you have done this somewhat after all, which is great. But I'd also encourage you to question Noodle on it rather than just come to the conclusion that it's a bad post. Noodle may very well not have realized that bjc hadn't come online since the game started (I certainly didn't), for instance, or may just not have thought it through very well, or may have been following a thought process that hadn't occurred to you, or something else entirely. The only way to know for sure (granted, he could always be scum and lie, so you can't really know for sure) is to question him.[/quote]
I highly doubt there was a substantial thought process behind that vote. bjc hasn't even posted anything yet.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”