boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1619, hapahauli wrote:
In post 1585, boring wrote:I've read the last five pages or so. If Trivium isn't scum, that's gonna suck because he's not going to be any help. I don't know yet why Darklyn was a favorite for lynch, but I could live with voting Contradiction from his intro until I find out.

Gerryoat is seems different. More active/adversarial than last game I played with him.

VOTE: Contradiction
VOTE: boring

This vote is dripping with scumminess. Will elaborate tomorrow.
Please do.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1618, Trivium wrote:you haven't even taken an actual stance on me other than me being the crazy
I'm sorry for lack of clarity. I think you're more likely scum-motivated than town. You're not my first choice at the moment, but you're competing for second.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Trivium »

In post 1629, boring wrote:
In post 1618, Trivium wrote:you haven't even taken an actual stance on me other than me being the crazy
I'm sorry for lack of clarity. I think you're more likely scum-motivated than town. You're not my first choice at the moment, but you're competing for second.
Well, the fact that you haven't posted any kind of legitimate reasoning for that read makes it more likely you're town, so I guess I have all I really need out of you. (Though I don't get why you as town would want somebody else to elaborate on their scumread of you) again, projectmatt anyone? Is he getting replaced? I really want to see more from that slot.
That's so meta
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1630, Trivium wrote:
In post 1629, boring wrote:
Well, the fact that you haven't posted any kind of legitimate reasoning for that read makes it more likely you're town, so I guess I have all I really need out of you. (Though I don't get why you as town would want somebody else to elaborate on their scumread of you) again, projectmatt anyone? Is he getting replaced? I really want to see more from that slot.
I want to see the reasoning behind the scumread. Without an investigative result or a flip, I don't know anyone's alignment but my own. With an anchor in myself, I can judge other players' reasons for their reads on my slot better than I can judge reads on others. (Not that I don't like to probe for meaning in reads on others, too, if for nothing else but reference after a flip)

My reason for leaning scum on you is multifold (and in no particular order). 1) In my experience, people using the reasoning style you display will usually prefer to have someone to bounce ideas around with. In reading the thread, I've seen no attempts on your part to collaborate. It suggests you don't want to do much solving. 2) You flipped from voting me, to voting someone else, and scumreading me by proxy, to town reading me. You did this far too quickly for comfort. 3) You seem to prefer to antagonize thin air. It looks more like someone searching for lynchbait than someone hunting scum.

I realize these are mostly intuitive reasons, but again, you're only vying for #2 right now. Contradiction remains #1, as the BP claim is a pretty solid goto for scum. I'll provide updates as reads progress (I haven't even attempted to read everyone yet.. but this thread is/was in desperate need of activity, so I started with what stood out the most).
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1588, boring wrote:The way I see it, there are two primary possibilities, in roughly equal measure, if taken out of the context of the slot.

1) he's scum. He's banking on the soft claim to avert a wagon elsewhere. Once "safe", he'll ignore his own soft until it becomes convenient. Since his counterwagonite is the most likely person to reference it later, he can play the stalwart and accuse them of fishing. More than anything, he gets to enjoy a breather because there are plenty other lunchables hanging out who haven't claimed anything.

2) he's town, and he's placing his own convenience above the win condition. He was going to have to put in some decent effort to hop out of the collective scum pool. Rather than do that work, he chose the lazy way out.
"Two possibilities. One he's town. Other he's maf" LOL are you serious dude
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1601, boring wrote:
In post 1597, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1585, boring wrote:I've read the last five pages or so. If Trivium isn't scum, that's gonna suck because he's not going to be any help. I don't know yet why Darklyn was a favorite for lynch, but I could live with voting Contradiction from his intro until I find out.

Gerryoat is seems different. More active/adversarial than last game I played with him.

which game lol
That backstabbers one.. I think I was in another with you too, and you were pretty chill... maybe I just stalked that one.
My involvement in a game is NAI. It's just how interested I am in the game. I can act the natural as mafia
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1608, Trivium wrote:
In post 1607, boring wrote:
In post 1604, Trivium wrote:Maybe the fact that I'm town, boring.
Also did you just set up your scum buddy?
I think you did.
If you're town, repeating it over and over is the absolutely least productive way to identify yourself as town. I try to be transparent, so people know where I stand (unless I have motive not to, in which case, I'll say so). You can call it what you want.

Do something useful. Tell me, who is my scum buddy, and how did I set them up?
Gerry is scum, therefore anyone I see interacting with gerry and saying he has qualities generally considered in the meta to be town is also scum. I personally identify these qualities as scum, because I believe there must be about one scum in the general "active crowd" per game, and gerry is the most likely to be that player. That along with the fact that he hasn't replaced out.
This dude just said I'm scum cause I'm active and haven't replaces out. Vig this guy, he could just be bad town and needs to be eradicated from this game
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1617, Trivium wrote:
In post 113, gerryoat wrote:Projectmatt push is garbage, btw. transcend you can't really scumread him that hard already right?
I play with both of them on epicmafia. Which is why I said that to him
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1619, hapahauli wrote:

VOTE: boring

This vote is dripping with scumminess. Will elaborate tomorrow.
Dude wtf, no picture or rhyming?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Bp claim is mostly always the easy scum claim. Boring's post at 1588 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a game. Lynching one would be good. Triv could be bad town cause only bad town can say some of the awful things he is
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1637, gerryoat wrote: Boring's post at 1588 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a game.
Wow. That's a big statement to make. I was only trying to air out my thought process. In a game with low activity and two dead townies, I thought it would be helpful.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

TheFuzzylogic99 Replaces usagichan effective immediately.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Hi am the town 1 shot Potato Salad :)

I will try to catch up as fast as possible.....
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1638, boring wrote:
In post 1637, gerryoat wrote: Boring's post at 1588 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a game.
Wow. That's a big statement to make. I was only trying to air out my thought process. In a game with low activity and two dead townies, I thought it would be helpful.
You literally said he was either town or mafia lol
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1641, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1638, boring wrote:
You literally said he was either town or mafia lol
I was attempting to explore the possible motives for his decision as either town or scum. If all I wanted to say was "he's either town or scum", then that's all I would have said.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by gerryoat »

yes but if you dumb down your entire analysis, it's obvious that he's either town or mafia. regardless of the scenarios
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1643, gerryoat wrote:yes but if you dumb down your entire analysis, it's obvious that he's either town or mafia. regardless of the scenarios
Everything comes down to that, if you dumb it down far enough. I think you might have missed the entire point, but I guess that can't be helped.

In post 1553, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: Trivium

Please get this out of this game, he's too forced. if he's town he needs mentoring
Do you really think he's the most likely scum, or is this a bit of a policy vote?
Juri
Juri
Townie
Juri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Post by Juri »

In post 1605, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1576, Juri wrote:
In post 1575, Contradiction wrote:
In post 1563, Dunnstral wrote:Yea; let's kill dark
I'm not getting lynched today.
Why did you vote them here?
Every journey's gotta start with a step. I wanted to put some extra pressure on him and see what happened. I think in general it is helpful to be willing to participate in pressuring players. Turns out it's been informative, although maybe in a bad way for us.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:38 am

Post by momo »

Alright people, I gotta say that I think Contradiction is manipulating his meta for his own use right now. I do not believe him. Hence, my vote will remain on him
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:36 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1644, boring wrote:
In post 1643, gerryoat wrote:yes but if you dumb down your entire analysis, it's obvious that he's either town or mafia. regardless of the scenarios
Everything comes down to that, if you dumb it down far enough. I think you might have missed the entire point, but I guess that can't be helped.

In post 1553, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: Trivium

Please get this out of this game, he's too forced. if he's town he needs mentoring
Do you really think he's the most likely scum, or is this a bit of a policy vote?
In post 1637, gerryoat wrote:Bp claim is mostly always the easy scum claim. Boring's post at 1588 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a game. Lynching one would be good. Triv could be bad town cause only bad town can say some of the awful things he is
I clearly said what I thought in the SAME post you clearly read. Boring why are you asking questions you know the answer to
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 am

Post by gerryoat »

I'm ok with lynching contradiction or boring. What's votes at
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:10 am

Post by projectmatt »

Okay, I promise that I'll post content tomorrow night, even if it might be slightly later. I apologize for being absent - this has been one of the busiest weeks of my life and I should have taken a V/LA. I'm still in this!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”