Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14496, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I know that replace out doesn't make sense at all but it is just explaining Nero's theory.
When the explanation doesn't make sense it isn't an explanation.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

If I was scum here I wouldn't even be posting right now. I enjoy when town fight and don't try to play peacemaker and heated situations like this.

Hell I was just scum in a game with RC and nancy in where Gerry and RC got into a 10+ page shouting match. Sat and watched the whole thing while commenting on other games.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sometimes things don't have to make sense. What I proposed is a very likely reason for someone to sub out. Might not be for Drixx but again, meta is not reliable.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 14501, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:If I was scum here I wouldn't even be posting right now. I enjoy when town fight and don't try to play peacemaker in heated situations like this.

Hell I was just scum in a game with RC and nancy in where Gerry and RC got into a 10+ page shouting match. Sat and watched the whole thing while commenting on other games.
EBWOP.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14504 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 14421, MathBlade wrote:so the entire scum team has to be in Nero, Gorkington, LUV, Vecna, CK, and nancy
This is pretty close to where my PoE is. I would take out nancy and maybe substitute Caesar.

Calling either Vecna or LUV scum doesn't feel right, but my other TRs are even stronger at this point. Caesar's Forbidden Palace build claim and fail seems like a bad scum gambit, but if scum wanted to swipe the wonder away from town, having Caesar claim that would've been a good way to dissuade town from trying to build the Wonder.

Gork I feel fine calling scum, largely due to Gin's play. Gork's townier posts are still fakeable, unlike the play of many of my other townreads.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14505 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11029, nancy wrote:Like Notice I am actually willing at this point to just put you as Town because if the scumteam is SOMEHOW you MathBlade and whatever then we're fucked anyway and we're basically fucked as it is so banking on this is probably our best shot at winning.

Gorkington is Town because it makes no fucking sense for scum to come in today and suddenly bus one of their own after the kill getting docced or to let a lynch go through on him when they already have a vice grip on this game. Like basically as soon as we get one scumflip in this game the dominoes just fall.
Here you go nancy.

You said scum weren't bussing yesterday.

So either you are wrong and Gorkington can be scum or you are wrong now.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14502, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Sometimes things don't have to make sense. What I proposed is a very likely reason for someone to sub out. Might not be for Drixx but again, meta is not reliable.
Meta is not reliable unless a strong indicator exists in which that is a personality tell.

In other words used so damn sparingly like a cop check.

That level of emotion is rare so it is readable.

MariaR has a Town tell. DGB has a scum one. MoI I think may have a scum one all in their openings.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #14507 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Nahdia »

Lynch Vote 5.03

Nero Cain (4):
RadiantCowbells, Vecna, Alisae, Leonshade
nancy (3):
Nero Cain, CloudKicker, Lil Uzi Vert
Leonshade (1):
nancy

Not Voting (6):
MathBlade, Gorkington, Creature, Caesar Wills It, davesaz, NoticeMeSenpai

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch by majority.
Lynch deadline is in (expired on 2017-04-10 14:55:00), at which point we will default to no lynch.

Last edited by Nahdia on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14508 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4303, Nahdia wrote:
beeboy
(11): Cloudkicker, PeregrineV, Nancy, Gork,
Albert B. Rampage
Fro99er
, Creature, Akane and Nebby, Leonshade, Drixx,
Kid
ok Math. Could you walk me through this?

Like its prob safe to assume that PV and Creature are town so let me color them.

beeboy
(11): Cloudkicker,
PeregrineV
, Nancy, Gork,
Albert B. Rampage
Fro99er
Creature
, Akane and Nebby, Leonshade, RC,
kid
You think scum are cloudkicker and Nancy right? Glork? Why exactly are you saying that Ali, Leon and RC cannot be scum on this wagon?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14509 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14504, Leonshade wrote:
In post 14421, MathBlade wrote:so the entire scum team has to be in Nero, Gorkington, LUV, Vecna, CK, and nancy
This is pretty close to where my PoE is. I would take out nancy and maybe substitute Caesar.

Calling either Vecna or LUV scum doesn't feel right, but my other TRs are even stronger at this point. Caesar's Forbidden Palace build claim and fail seems like a bad scum gambit, but if scum wanted to swipe the wonder away from town, having Caesar claim that would've been a good way to dissuade town from trying to build the Wonder.

Gork I feel fine calling scum, largely due to Gin's play. Gork's townier posts are still fakeable, unlike the play of many of my other townreads.
No it wouldn't.

Caesar claiming it per everyone else wouldn't stop someone else since they would also get it and confTown themselves.

This logic is bad. Since everyone townreads PV see PV. Doesn't mean shit.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14510 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14508, Nero Cain wrote:
beeboy
(11): Cloudkicker, PeregrineV, Nancy, Gork,
Albert B. Rampage
Fro99er
, Creature, Akane and Nebby, Leonshade, Drixx,
Kid
ok Math. Could you walk me through this?

Like its prob safe to assume that PV and Creature are town so let me color them.

beeboy
(11): Cloudkicker,
PeregrineV
, Nancy, Gork,
Albert B. Rampage
Fro99er
Creature
, Akane and Nebby, Leonshade, RC,
kid
You think scum are cloudkicker and Nancy right? Glork? Why exactly are you saying that Ali, Leon and RC cannot be scum on this wagon?
Because that scum team would have hammered Yuri earlier. Town was begging for a Beeboy lynch. Having all the scum on the end doesn't match the narrative. An all town wagon on Beeboy without a scumclaim? That doesn't happen on d1.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14511 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 14509, MathBlade wrote:Since everyone townreads PV see PV. Doesn't mean shit.
So PV was the town vig kill, well why hasn't the town vig claimed?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14512 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:33 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Maybe that's what they want you to think? That it's so unlikely and that it doesn't fit the narrative
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14513 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14511, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 14509, MathBlade wrote:Since everyone townreads PV see PV. Doesn't mean shit.
So PV was the town vig kill, well why hasn't the town vig claimed?
This was asked and answered.

Scum shot their own.
Town vig if existing would have shot me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14514 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14512, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Maybe that's what they want you to think? That it's so unlikely and that it doesn't fit the narrative
No. All scum without daychat cannot make this work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14515 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Lol whatever

I'm already voting nancy so just vote her and we can finally get a scum lynch
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14516 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 14416, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 14413, Leonshade wrote:But outside the paranoia, I'm townreading him. And at this point it's really hard for me to imagine a scumteam that includes RC, but includes neither Nero nor CK. So even in the situation that RC is scum, I think he's doing what Ali claims and bussing his buddy on replacement. And if RC is town, I think he just has really good reads and I'm willing to trust him here. Nero and CK are the lynches I'm willing to go for today.
RC reads have been junk.
His proposed scum team was all town.
It had no thought to it as he was pushing me me/Dave team that was totally ignoring the fact that Dave was hard pushed by me the the day before. He was looking for lynchables not scum. I know none of this will phase you since you are scum but yea...
How are you so certain of this? Though I do feel the same about your suggested scumteam, it's me and my townreads.
In post 14430, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 14421, MathBlade wrote:so the entire scum team has to be in Nero, Gorkington, LUV,
Vecna
, CK, and
nancy
these are the only 2 decent reads. btw.
Why are you townreading Gork? Why are you so confident in that read that the alternative is not even "decent" in your eyes?
In post 14418, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 14399, Leonshade wrote:while the people you're claiming are my buddies could've hammered me
If they are your buddies they won't necessarily hammer you.
In post 14399, Leonshade wrote:As have most everyone else. As are multiple town players in every mafia game ever. How is this relevant?
I don't really feel like "town are going to be on the mislynches too so totally ignore me, Nancy and Ali being on 3 of them!" is any sort of valid defense.

If you are town my reads would change, just like your reads didn't change when Kid flipped town.
Re: hammer; If they're my buddies they wouldn't necessarily hammer me, but Maxous (conftown) and davesaz (probtown) had the opportunity to. So I was at risk of being lynched the entire time. Your scumteam theory requires there being zero-to-one scum on my wagon with almost the entire scumteam being on the KidAmn counterwagon at one point, it's pretty ridiculous.

The three of us being on a bunch of mislynches shouldn't change your read, since town do it as well, so how do you call that behavior scummy when town do it just as often? And if it doesn't change your read, why bring it up?

I did spend time thinking about my reads after KidAmn's flip. I came to the conclusion that I have to eliminate some of my townreads.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14517 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

If that was d2 or d3 maybe with daychat but a tailend hammer doesn't happen like that.

One or both of CK/nancy have to be scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14518 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

So vote then

All I know is you two are wrong on me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14519 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 14510, MathBlade wrote:Because that scum team would have hammered Yuri earlier.
In post 3075, Nahdia wrote:Yuri (9): Lil Uzi Vert, Alisae, Vecna, Nancy, beeboy, Fro99er, Math, Nero Cain, Leonshade
ummm....all of Nancy, Leon, Ali already were on the Yuri wagon.

Having all the scum on the end doesn't match the narrative.
Which is?

An all town wagon on Beeboy without a scumclaim? That doesn't happen on d1.
I agree...I'm also not suggesting that.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14520 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Math if you're scum here, you deserve a scummie.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14521 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14519, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 14510, MathBlade wrote:Because that scum team would have hammered Yuri earlier.
In post 3075, Nahdia wrote:Yuri (9): Lil Uzi Vert, Alisae, Vecna, Nancy, beeboy, Fro99er, Math, Nero Cain, Leonshade
ummm....all of Nancy, Leon, Ali already were on the Yuri wagon.

Having all the scum on the end doesn't match the narrative.
Which is?

An all town wagon on Beeboy without a scumclaim? That doesn't happen on d1.
I agree...I'm also not suggesting that.
Ignoring the top because that VC is out of context and phone posting.

And yes you are.

Those three votes came on very quickly from the end.
So in essence all town wagon.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14522 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 14444, nancy wrote:
In post 14400, Leonshade wrote:
In post 14396, nancy wrote:
In post 14392, Leonshade wrote:DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS TO THIS PLAN?[/size][/b]
Yes. Stop rolefishing.
Rolefishing ceases to be relevant when

A) We could lose the game today
B) Almost everyone has claimed

Why did you claim, if you object to rolefishing at this point?
If you were Town, I think you'd have a pretty good idea.
I am town. There's no situation here where I'd know more as town than scum.

Going "ROLEFISHING" at that is just adhering to blind, textbook stuff instead of taking context into account. Scum already know everything I've talked about and more, the only reason for me to "rolefish" here as scum would be to emulate my town play.
- Vecna
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14523 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 14520, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Math if you're scum here, you deserve a scummie.
I am Town but what I deserve a scummie for I am ineligible for.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14524 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm just going to wait for Dave's result. I think he's the only hope town have left.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”