Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Vote Count 1.17

rb (3):
aronagrundy (), ThinkBig (), Boonskiies ()

Transcend (2):
Darkshadow64540 (), TwoFace ()

Eddie Cane (2):
Something_Smart (), hapahauli ()

TwoFace (2):
rb (), eagerSnake ()

aronagrundy (1):
Transcend ()

Not Voting (3):
horrordude0215, I Am Innocent, Eddie Cane ()

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

D1 deadline is Monday, April 10th 2017, 6:00PM PST or in (expired on 2017-04-10 18:00:00).
[/area][/size]
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

"Firstly, he has a bunch of janky town-reads. Bad reads aren't necessarily alignment indicative, but the lack of paranoia he's showing doesn't feel very townie. "
first you say bad reads aren't alignment indicative. most people say confidence is townie, so why is me not acting paranoid scummy? should I be shading every person I read? I can throw out town reads as much as I want early d1, it's d1 this isn't the time for lock and key cases.

"Anyone can get run-up to l-1 early game... it's not exclusive to townies. Yet, Eddie is very against even considering the Transcend lynch, and posts #6-13 in his ISO all defend Transcend in some way."
I considered it. I don't think transcends behaviour is alignment indicative. he is a trolly player by nature and this is basically part for the course. half the games I'm in with transcend he's been lynched d1, and nearly always he's town. I said this as scum in Twoface's game and it is the truth: I don't lynch transcend d1 as a policy. risk vs reward dictates he's far more likely to flip town. also, I've seen him be a pr at l-1 and refuse to claim anything, or claim vt anything and flip pr. he despite trolling is not like momo for example because he is a competent player, so I'll never support lynching him d1 short of a flat out scum slip and I think it's a mistake

"This is probably correct. However it's the attitude that's scummy here. He's not interested in stopping suspicion on RB and Eager. He's just throws in a very dismissive comment and doesn't seem interested in elaborating on it at all. "
elaboration: I town read them. not strong enough to make a case. I'm not going to argue against a lynch on someone I am only 60% sure is town. I think lynching RB due to his sheer amount of content is stupid, especially since I feel a lot of his attention is due to his attitude. eager gives me a town vibe in attitude, weaker than RB. oh, and you agree with my reads so...

"This read is the worst of the bunch. Reading Arona town because "gut" is both useless and stretches believability.

I think one or two bad town reads are individually excusable. All of them combined point to something mafia-motivated."
so you are telling me you have never had a gut read before?_? that's actually cute. explain how they "point to something mafia-motivated " btw cus thst sounds like random shit slinging.

"He's just not taking scumhunting seriously. Look in his filter, and compare the effort he puts into justifying setup speculation and town reads. By contrast, his scumhunting is shit, and he's voting TB (who is obv-town as all hell)."
so why is tb 'obvtown as all hell' exactly?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

anything else u want me to reply to my scummy froend
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:49 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 572, TwoFace wrote:
In post 569, hapahauli wrote:Because your logic might not be as sound as you think it is?
why do people always want to do that? just cause we caught scum easily, doesn't mean you have to downplay my logic. I mean even if it isn't as sound as I think it is, chalk it up to scum caught for the wrong reasons.

bottom line is they are scum and anyone who thinks either of them are town, better just save their breath cause you won't be able to convince me to change it without some damn good evidence or a damn good case on somebody else.
I just don't "get" the reasoning on Transcend. Why does a soft-claim make someone mafia? Again, you're hinting at a lot of other reasons here (out of game) that don't really help me.

Also with the RB stuff, I see townies being super hypocritical all the time, and I don't understand why it's confirmed mafia as opposed to confirmed dumb.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 553, hapahauli wrote:
In post 547, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 543, hapahauli wrote:How is it false? It's what I see happen repeatedly in games on this site. People go after the loud, controversial targets for lynches, and mafia lets town eat itself alive.
It implies that the answer can't be both. With the amount of idiots screaming at each other this game has had, one of them is almost certainly scum. Though I am in agreement that the right place to look for scum right now is in the people in the background.
You're making the same fallacy. Why can't a bunch of idiots screaming at each other be all town? Anyway, I'm more interested in below...
More so than focusing on one fight, I'm thinking of the people who have been very involved in the discussion (some of them were debatably not screaming but they've still been in the spotlight): <rb, ThinkBig, TwoFace, Boonskiies, eagerSnake, Transcend, me>. And I think that among them, tabling PR discussion removes eager and Transcend (and me) and so statistically there's probably scum in the other four. I never said they can't be all town, but I think that's just unlikely.

Anyway it's moot for now, since we shouldn't be lynching any of those players today anyway.
Why are you even attacking my reasoning if you are suspicious of EddieCane as well? To be voting him in this spot, you should realize that most of what I'm saying is valid.
Why are those two things inconsistent? I think Eddie is scum, but not for the reasons you listed.
What are your reasons?
Useless setup discussion, pointless posts like and that strike me as him trying to appear carefree except they're just awkward.

And I just get pings from a lot of what he is doing, like defending Transcend and being unable to explain his reads.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 574, eagerSnake wrote:Well what have u done that was so townie
used my awesome scum hunting prowess and hand delivered 2 scum to everyone to lynch for starters.

1. Transcend went from faking a post restriction to soft claiming some bs pr to retracting that and cc'ing the miller and then retracting that also.
2. rb made a weird assumption based on tb agreeing with somebody else, rb told me that that scum isn't going to be interested in people's motives or reasoning yet I provided a prime example of rb not caring about tb's motive or reasoning and just jumped in and attacked him. If he were town, a simple question would have gone a long way but rb didn't want to do that. He seemed to just want to attack an easy target, and trust me tb is an easy target (no offense tb)

I also went out and did what you were too lazy to do and actually research the possibility of a miller without a cop or a backup without the main role. like if you are town and seriously outted your role because you were too lazy to do some research first, you deserve far worse than what i have already said to you.

now if you are town, put on your big boy pants and get over that i bruised your sensitive ego and vote one of transcend or rb as they are caught scum.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:58 am

Post by hapahauli »

first you say bad reads aren't alignment indicative. most people say confidence is townie, so why is me not acting paranoid scummy? should I be shading every person I read? I can throw out town reads as much as I want early d1, it's d1 this isn't the time for lock and key cases.
Confidence with reasoning is townie. Confidence without reasoning points to extra information.
I considered it. I don't think transcends behaviour is alignment indicative. he is a trolly player by nature and this is basically part for the course. half the games I'm in with transcend he's been lynched d1, and nearly always he's town. I said this as scum in Twoface's game and it is the truth: I don't lynch transcend d1 as a policy. risk vs reward dictates he's far more likely to flip town. also, I've seen him be a pr at l-1 and refuse to claim anything, or claim vt anything and flip pr. he despite trolling is not like momo for example because he is a competent player, so I'll never support lynching him d1 short of a flat out scum slip and I think it's a mistake
elaboration: I town read them. not strong enough to make a case. I'm not going to argue against a lynch on someone I am only 60% sure is town. I think lynching RB due to his sheer amount of content is stupid, especially since I feel a lot of his attention is due to his attitude. eager gives me a town vibe in attitude, weaker than RB. oh, and you agree with my reads so...
so you are telling me you have never had a gut read before?_? that's actually cute. explain how they "point to something mafia-motivated " btw cus thst sounds like random shit slinging.
I'll group these all here, because they miss the point. My issue is not with individual reads. It's all of them combined. Having all these reads combined with the justification that you have provided simply isn't believable.

It is this, combined with the lack of effort you have shown in pushing your scumreads that makes you suspect.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:59 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 579, Something_Smart wrote: Useless setup discussion, pointless posts like and that strike me as him trying to appear carefree except they're just awkward.

And I just get pings from a lot of what he is doing, like defending Transcend and being unable to explain his reads.
I mean that's basically what I'm getting at.

Putting a ton of effort into useless town-reads and setup speculation as opposed to pushing scumreads and finding mafia.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:00 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 578, hapahauli wrote:
In post 569, hapahauli wrote:Because your logic might not be as sound as you think it is?
why do people always want to do that? just cause we caught scum easily, doesn't mean you have to downplay my logic. I mean even if it isn't as sound as I think it is, chalk it up to scum caught for the wrong reasons.

bottom line is they are scum and anyone who thinks either of them are town, better just save their breath cause you won't be able to convince me to change it without some damn good evidence or a damn good case on somebody else.
I just don't "get" the reasoning on Transcend. Why does a soft-claim make someone mafia? Again, you're hinting at a lot of other reasons here (out of game) that don't really help me.

Also with the RB stuff, I see townies being super hypocritical all the time, and I don't understand why it's confirmed mafia as opposed to confirmed dumb.
:facepalm:

I really hope you aren't town. I can't take losing yet another game because people can't see scum right in front of their face.

this game is giving me a headache now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:00 am

In post 582, hapahauli wrote:
In post 579, Something_Smart wrote: Useless setup discussion, pointless posts like and that strike me as him trying to appear carefree except they're just awkward.

Putting a ton of effort into useless town-reads and setup speculation as opposed to pushing scumreads and finding mafia.
Yeah but I don't scumread him because I disagree with his reads (and for the record, that's something scum do more often than town in my experience).
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 583, TwoFace wrote:
In post 578, hapahauli wrote:

:facepalm:

I really hope you aren't town. I can't take losing yet another game because people can't see scum right in front of their face.

this game is giving me a headache now
Atleast try to help me understand this bruh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 am

Anyway I'm still not sure how I feel about hapa but I want to see how Eddie reacts to pressure so I reiterate:

More Eddie votes please.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:04 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 584, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 582, hapahauli wrote:

Yeah but I don't scumread him because I disagree with his reads (and for the record, that's something scum do more often than town in my experience).
I don't disagree with most of his reads. It's only the arona and TB reads I really disagree with. Also, I really don't care that he's individually reading Arona town and TB mafia.

It's that he was reading TB mafia and wasn't pushing it at all. It's that he was reading Arona town combiend with all his other town-reads that make it seem like he has extra information.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 am

Post by ThinkBig »

{TF, Boonskiies, Smart}
{Hapahauli, Snake}
{Darkshadow, horrordude, I am innocent, arona}
{Eddie Cane}
{rb, Transcend}
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

hmm

should I hard claim rn for fun

first person to reply I'll oblige, "yes" or "no,
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:07 am

No.
In post 532, hapahauli wrote:
I think one or two bad town reads are individually excusable. All of them combined point to something mafia-motivated.
Sounds like you disagree with more than two.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:07 am

Post by ThinkBig »

No
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

tb why is hapahauli town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

also if im lol hammered vig/lynch the hammered ;)
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:12 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 585, hapahauli wrote:Atleast try to help me understand this bruh.
your first mistake is thinking that the soft claim is why I think he is mafia. I was pretty sure he was mafia before the soft claim even happened. I was pretty sure he was mafia when I voted him the first time. When he made the mistake later by cc'ing the miller claim and then tried to play it off like he didn't, despite actually posting that he was
In post 443, Transcend wrote:I Think That He Cannot Be My Role Given That I'm Miller
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 590, Something_Smart wrote:No.
In post 532, hapahauli wrote:
I think one or two bad town reads are individually excusable. All of them combined point to something mafia-motivated.
Sounds like you disagree with more than two.
"Bad town reads" = unjustified town reads
NOT reads I disagree with.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 593, Eddie Cane wrote:also if im lol hammered vig/lynch the hammered ;)
wish you didn't say that, now I really want to be the one to hammer you :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am

In post 593, Eddie Cane wrote:also if im lol hammered vig/lynch the hammered ;)
Dude you're at L-5

Also TwoFace do you think Transcend seriously meant to CC miller (and then changed his mind)? After claiming that his role was both confirmable and investigative?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I have something very important to say before I get lynched

but

my reason for saying that is certain people in this game (transcend) like to lolhammer randomly.....
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:16 am

Post by hapahauli »

There are two votes on you and you're grandstanding already.

If my case is as bad and "scummy" as you say, why are you even scared that you'll be lynched?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”