Newbie 1779 | Spring | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1373, oldwino wrote:
@ Mod/PP
- I can't tell from the D1 opening if there was any opportunity for pregame chatting between scum. Looks to me like the you didn't allow time for that, but I don't know if scum can chat while you were waiting for the required number of players to confirm. Can and will you clarify if scum had an opportunity for pregame chat and coaching? Thanks.
The Mafia PT is unlocked from the time Role PMs are sent out until the time Day 1 starts. It is also unlocked during each night phase.
<(") | (")>
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 am

Post by oldwino »

That means scum had pre-game PT available from 8:15 Tues night until 7:05 Wed morning, 11 hours. So an experienced scum could have prepped Dog or any other scum buddy to make the 'townslip.' They surely could and would have done other planning during that time as well. So Mastina, Grey, or RC could have prepped Dog or any other scum buddy to make this or other 'townslips.'

Hey experienced players, how common is it for scum to plan 'townslips' pregame? Is it something you have done in other games or something you've thought of doing? Is it anyone's meta? Or would this be really unique ploy?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Alisae »

It's not. There's a lot that you think is going on in the scum PT but tbh it's not as much as you think it is.
GTKAS
| here.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:14 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1374, ThinkBig wrote:
@ Mod/PP
- I can't tell from the D1 opening if there was any opportunity for pregame chatting between scum. Looks to me like the you didn't allow time for that, but I don't know if scum can chat while you were waiting for the required number of players to confirm. Can and will you clarify if scum had an opportunity for pregame chat and coaching? Thanks.
Town slip.

Though in my experience, there is usually a small window of time to chat pre game. Not sure if they did have a chance or not in this game.
This isn't necessarily a town slip at all. Oldwino!scum could very well be copying my own town slip from Day 1, hoping to gain similar town reads from everyone else.

I'm not saying I think that's actually what's happening, but you can't confidently call this a town slip in my opinion.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1360, Blawb wrote:Still staying on DogWatch, sorry guys. We all mostly agree that DW is scummy; the only argument here is that we might be mistaking scuminess for newb-ness. I don't like that argument, because I still think that DW's main focus is appearing town - more so than helping the town. Even newer players would have the tone of wanting to Lynch someone / help the town, but I'm really not seeing that in DW.
You are almost certainly tonight's kill. Do you think this is the best use of your time?

Flip me and lose a townie. And you'll learn almost nothing from it.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1354, oldwino wrote:
In post 1346, Icy wrote:I really don't see a strong case on TB/Grey, can one or all of you state you case, please.
I'm not even 90% sure Grey/TB is scum, but I've been highly suspicious of the slot from early in the game and TB hasn't done anything to lessen that suspicion. His lack of meaningful posts seems like hiding to me.
Personally, I wasn't scum-reading the slot when Grey had it (I find him extremely difficult to read period), but I get the same vibe from TB as you do.

If not at least one of TB and mastina are scum, I'll eat my socks. They may not necessarily be scum together, but I feel strongly that at least one of them is.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Alisae »

Alright we have less then 2 days left, we should lynch TB.
We need to cooperate since deadline is almost here.
GTKAS
| here.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 am

Post by DogWatch »

We need two of Chris, Icy, or Blawb. Come on.

Seriously doubt you'll see mastina vote TB, and my hunch is because she'd have to bus.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 1378, DogWatch wrote:
In post 1374, ThinkBig wrote:
@ Mod/PP
Town slip.

Though in my experience, there is usually a small window of time to chat pre game. Not sure if they did have a chance or not in this game.
This isn't necessarily a town slip at all. Oldwino!scum could very well be copying my own town slip from Day 1, hoping to gain similar town reads from everyone else.

I'm not saying I think that's actually what's happening, but you can't confidently call this a town slip in my opinion.
I didn't mean it to be a townslip from me, although now I see how it could be seen that way.
I was trying to confirm how much time, if any, the scum team would have had to chat before the rest of us got into the game. Yes, that post and this post of mine are LAMIST - but I had to ask the question so we knew, all of us knew, if and how much time scum had to talk pregame.

I'm happy lynching TB (Grey), and as I've said several times, OK too lynching Mastina or Alisae. I'm asking myself, what do we learn from each of their flips, no matter which way they go? That gets complicated, of course. I have no time to do that today but expect to have time tomorrow, but lynching any of these three today is OK with me, I just won't be around to change my vote if needed until 8-9 tonight or 8-9 AM tomorrow. Still plenty of time, though.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:56 am

Post by DogWatch »

TB simply posting "town slip" beneath it just looks fake to me somehow, like something that would come from a scum perspective. Which brings me to a question for the more experienced: are town slips more commonly noticed by town or by scum?
Blawb
Blawb
Goon
Blawb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Blawb »

The fact that the only two cleared townies (myself and Icy from lack of CC) are off the wagon should say something. My money is on oldwino and DogWatch, which could very well be a scum pair from what I've read. I'm willing to Lynch either of them, but mastina and TB are off the table.

Mastina, because I really do believe that she is a townie. I know it sounds idiotic of me to say I have a good read on her, but I will defend her on her play in this game so far. TB looks like a vote that seems to be the "safest" but not the best. You will not get any help from me on his wagon today (and I probably won't be alive tomorrow, so...).
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:19 am

Post by DogWatch »

OK, whatever.

Chris and Icy, can we count on your votes?
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:45 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

Mastina remains my preferred lynch today, but TB is a decent candidate this close to deadline. I've spent most of today reading through the slot's ISO on my phone at work, and I'm willing to back Ali on his read of Grey, my own suspicions, and TB's lack of content. Intent to put TB at L-1.

Before we push through any lynch today though, we'll probably either see Icy or Blawb die tonight so I want to get full reads and thoughts from those slots today please.
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Icy »

Obviously my preferred lynch today is Mastina. I believe Thinkbig will flip town. Not only that but it's possible Mastina has been lining up his flip for town credit the whole game. Thinkbigs lack of participation is questionable, other than that I just don't see it.

Alisae is town because RC was town.

Chris is town. I don't even remember who was in the slot before Pieg, but he was town, Pieg was town, Lemon was town until he left the game (that was a bit questionable) but his posts read town to me.

That leaves me with a Mastina partner of Dog, or OW.

Either could be her Scum buddy. This is my third game, and the first two were won by scum teams consisting of a newb player who played exactly like Dog has this game. Both got town credit for townslips from the veteran players. Given that, my gut still tells me Dog is town and the other scum is OW. He has been driving the train for TB sense the start of the day. He does post LAMIST often, and (in my view) at least subconsciously hinted both his top reads would flip town. He has also held on to the RC/Grey scum team well past it's expiration. Town OW would not be pushing that scum team.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:05 am

Post by DogWatch »

well I'm definitely not against a mastina lynch

talk to me more about mastina/oldwino.... i have been quietly toying with that idea but couldn't articulate it
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:56 am

Post by DogWatch »

On the other hand, if oldwino is scum with mastina, he's been bussing her pretty hard since the beginning of the game, often listing her as his biggest scum read. I think he had her voted most of Day 1 too. I don't really see this as something scum would do, even newb scum.

On the third hand, maybe newb scum WOULD do that, and during the night phase mastina told him to knock it off, and therefore he starts reading TB as scum.

I dunno, it's all pretty wifom.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 am

Post by oldwino »

I could have easily and innocently enough jumped on Smith's wagon if I were scum. Don't know what else I can say or do to convince y'all I am town.
Mastina was my #1 read until she basically disappeared at the end of D1. I thought scum would hang around to ensure a town lynch and only RC and Grey did that. Grey seemed, and TB seems, the scummier of the two to me. I've cited my reasons several times.
And to repeat again, I'll help lynch Mastina, happier to lynch TB/Grey, either of my two scummiest reads, or RC/Alisae as my 3rd scummiest read if that's what it takes to get a lynch before the dead line.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Icy »

Do you really think Mastina was in ANY danger of being lynched on day one, because I truly don't.

Who fits as Thinkbigs partner...Mastina??? There is no way she sticks her neck out that far in support of her scum partner. Mastina also told us Lemons exit was scummy (maybe it was) but, eight people left this game, one was scummy? If that isn't opportunistic I don't know what is.

Last night was a critical point for TB. I expected Chris could have moved his vote and Mastina would hammer. I actually expected the game to be in night phase when I logged on this morning. Town Mastina has sure been quiet while one of her strongest town leads walks the Mafia green mile.

She still wants us to believe the scum team is Alisae/Chris. Look back in the game. RC voted Dark . Pieg voted Dark (who Mastina pointed out was a alt vet) . Those two votes sat side by side till Dark claimed, and that's the scum team!!!!

Need I go on, if Mastina is town this game I'll write her name on a piece of paper, fold it up, and eat it.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:53 am

Post by Icy »

In post 1391, oldwino wrote:I could have easily and innocently enough jumped on Smith's wagon if I were scum. Don't know what else I can say or do to convince y'all I am town.
Mastina was my #1 read until she basically disappeared at the end of D1. I thought scum would hang around to ensure a town lynch and only RC and Grey did that. Grey seemed, and TB seems, the scummier of the two to me. I've cited my reasons several times.
And to repeat again, I'll help lynch Mastina, happier to lynch TB/Grey, either of my two scummiest reads, or RC/Alisae as my 3rd scummiest read if that's what it takes to get a lynch before the dead line.
But you see she didn't disappear at the end of D1 as a matter of fact she already posted that she came online right as grey hammered.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1392, Icy wrote:Town Mastina has sure been quiet while one of her strongest town leads walks the Mafia green mile.
Mastina explicitly stated she wouldn't help OR hinder the TB wagon. If TB is her strongest town read, I wouldn't expect this kind of apathy.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 am

Post by DogWatch »

Going back to my original vote. Oldwino, jump back on with me.

VOTE: mastina
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:38 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

In post 1394, DogWatch wrote:
In post 1392, Icy wrote:Town Mastina has sure been quiet while one of her strongest town leads walks the Mafia green mile.
Mastina explicitly stated she wouldn't help OR hinder the TB wagon. If TB is her strongest town read, I wouldn't expect this kind of apathy.
I think she did say she would be back at deadline, not sure if v/la or anything though. She also said she'd hammer TB iirc... I'm trying not to tunnel but everything that's coming out of her lately I just don't like.

@Blawb: In her other games you read, was this how she played when a strong townread of her was pushed hard? Does this fit her as one alignment more than another in your opinion?

NOTE: I'll be at work at deadline (at work now, just sneaking a quick read) so not sure how active I can be then. Not v/la, but also busy from Saturday until Tuesday and so just wanted to let y'all know about it in case I'm only able to dip in and out sporadically.
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:08 am

Post by oldwino »

@Mod, VC please.

I am pretty sure if I vote Mastina that puts her at L1. Want to make sure, don't want to accidentally quickhammer.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:21 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 1393, Icy wrote:
In post 1391, oldwino wrote:I could have easily and innocently enough jumped on Smith's wagon if I were scum. Don't know what else I can say or do to convince y'all I am town.
But you see she didn't disappear at the end of D1 as a matter of fact she already posted that she came online right as grey hammered.
If she did log back on near the deadline, why wait that long and why not post? Lurking at the deadline? If so, just to make sure Smith got hammered - maybe she was waiting on the sidelines to hammer if no one else did.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<(") | (")>

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”