Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:49 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Vote Count 1.21

Transcend (5):
Darkshadow64540 (), TwoFace (), ThinkBig (), hapahauli (), Boonskiies ()

rb (1):
aronagrundy ()

TwoFace (1):
rb ()

aronagrundy (1):
Transcend ()

Eddie Cane (1):
Something_Smart ()

hapahauli (1):
Eddie Cane ()

Not Voting (3):
horrordude0215, I Am Innocent, eagerSnake ()

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

D1 deadline is Monday, April 10th 2017, 6:00PM PST or in (expired on 2017-04-10 18:00:00).
[/area][/size]
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 674, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 673, TwoFace wrote:
In post 664, Boonskiies wrote:I mean, it's not uncommon for even the best of players to come off as dumb. All town should come off as dumb at some point, based on perspective and confbias of their own role.
So eventually that'll happen to me? Ugh
Like in every game you play. :lol:
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 am

Post by TwoFace »

That has me curious how many games my d1 reads were accurate. I know twice I was nk'd night 1 for having 2/3 of the scum teams nailed.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:57 am

Post by hapahauli »

Yeah I guess that's rude of me to pry. Regardless, I don't think I'm doing a good job of communicating why I think Eddie is mafia, so I'll go ahead and re-write things.

1) His early game has very little scumhunting, compared to the amount of effort he puts into justifying town-reads and setup speculation. He puts down votes with very little justification on SS and ThinkBig, while spending a lot of time talking about why he thinks certain players are town (Transcend), and whether or not claims are believable. This is consistent with mafia wanting to look like they're contributing without actually contributing anything to the scumhunt.

2) His defense is emotionally inconsistent. When a townie OMGUS's someone, it's generally very violent and emotionally confrontational. Very "FUCK YOU, YOU'RE MAFIA" type of mindset. I expect a lot of emotion, anger, straightforwardness, etc. EddieCane's defense just isn't consistent with this mentality.

He appeals to pity and plays the victim:
In post 598, Eddie Cane wrote:I
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70754
my only scum game on this alt. meta is bad and ur obviously gonna come back with that so idc, but u tried to read me and darkshadow off of how someone else played as scum...?
"Here's my meta, but it's totally useless, but you're going to obviously twist it in your favor waaaaaah"
darkshadow off of how someone else played as scum...?
In post 593, Eddie Cane wrote:also if im lol hammered vig/lynch the hammered ;)
In post 598, Eddie Cane wrote:I have something very important to say before I get lynched

but

my reason for saying that is certain people in this game (transcend) like to lolhammer randomly.....
...and the above two quotes are him preparing to get lynched, despite having 2 votes on him. As I said earlier, why prepare for this stuff with only 2 votes on you, and if you think a guy is pushing a terrible case on you?
In post 563, Eddie Cane wrote:I'm not confident enough in my srs to push them. I don't sheep cases often, I make them, and I have no good one to make now. but here, watch this
I've tunneled a lot of people in my time playing mafia, and stuff like this always comes from scum.
1) He's more interested in "making a show" of defending himself than actually defending himself. He's telling everyone "hey, watch this, I'm going to post something amazing", as opposed to just posting something. Again, not consistent with a townie OMGUSing the hell out of someone.
2) He states "I have no good cases to make now", yet from here, basically makes up his mind to tunnel me with a wall of text "discrediting" my case. Not at all consistent at all with OMGUS-emotions.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 642, hapahauli wrote:eager and SS, can you both confirm that you'll hammer Transcend if he doesn't full-claim?
Definitely
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Eddie u were also scum in oddrole maf II right
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

yea
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I only sent tha one scum game here because hapahauli was scum metaing based on how another player played, so I pointed out that's not how I play scum.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

actually, that's every completed game on this alt. Oddrole and 2fs
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

HEY IF YOU ALL COULD STOP POSTING FOR 5 SECONDS SO I CAN ACTUALLY GET CAUGHT UP THAT'D BE FUCKING GREAT.

I'll just be going through the thread, providing commentary and giving my thoughts on things I go. This usually resorts to walls of text, but you all just made me read 28 pages soooooo... not fucking sorry.

- SS opens up with a miller claim. Game's getting interesting already, but the claim itself is NAI. Claiming in your first post is how you're supposed to play it.
- I'm not thrilled with 31 by Boon. Something about emphasizing how much WIFOM comes into play seems disingenuous.
- TB's 48 is also problematic for me. Saying that there's no reason not to believe a Miller claim just because it was claimed in the first post (which is what you're supposed to do) is terrible. If a town Miller doesn't claim until after the investigation, it looks fake simply because they should have claimed it in the beginning and avoided the wasted investigation altogether. Looks like scum buddying up to town to me.
In post 48, ThinkBig wrote:23 - Votes ThinkBig instead for believing the claim UNVOTE: aronagrundy
VOTE: rb
This is also a horrible reason to vote for someone, because rb clearly explained his vote in 26. OMGUS?
In post 55, TwoFace wrote:I'd rather pretend the claim never happened and judge him based how he actually plays. If he looks like scum, I'll lynch him. If he doesn't, I won't.
This is how you're supposed to play a Miller claim from town.
In post 61, Transcend wrote:HEAL: ThinkBig

HEAL: rb
In post 63, rb wrote:Transcend is scum
Huh? I've seen enough of Transcend's games to know he usually pulls shit like this. How is something like that AI?
In post 73, Darkshadow64540 wrote:For reference transcend has checked into the thread and posted THREE seperate times now and has posted nothing but unexplained votes, that is suspect as hell to me.
That's Transcend.
In post 130, Transcend wrote:VOTE: TwoFace
Okay, now I take it all back. Get your shit together.
In post 146, Eddie Cane wrote:the fact transcend is l-1 already means he's probably town
This is crap, and you know it.

Transcend claims while at L-2 because........ yeah, I've got nothing. You can claim confirmable all you want, but it doesn't mean anything until you're actually confirmed. I've seen games when someone claims confirmable to get out of a D1 lynch and then "zomgIwasblocked" D2.

Eager's 235 sucks because (backup) watcher =/= no miller. Hell, we could be looking at a troll setup... miller with no cops, backups without the primary role, etc. But setup speculation Day 1 kind of sucks, so let's not do it.
In post 299, rb wrote:TB "believed the claim" on page 1. This is before we knew anything about a "power rich environment"

Now in this post on page 12, he says the reason he believes the claim is that it looks like a "power rich environment".

If he was town, how did he know it was a power rich environment - LESS THAN 25 POSTS INTO THE GAME.

Lynch with extreme prejudice
This is a misrep. TB first said that he believed the claim on Page 1 because he didn't have any reason not to, which is terrible reasoning, but he said nothing about a power rich environment. We've had some more information show up about potential setup info, which means it's totally reasonable for someone who was already leaning towards believing the claim to now be more solidified in his read.
In post 324, rb wrote:
In post 320, Boonskiies wrote:because I go into every game and try to outguess the mod before the game starts.

do you think Smart is scum trying to coast on a Day 1 miller claim? What would you have preferred he do as a miller?
but how do you know he's miller?
This is just bad. Boon is asking what he would do
as
a miller. He's already stated he believes the claim, but nobody is saying anything about knowing anything at this point.
In post 357, rb wrote:We have a backup watcher, which means there's probably a watcher. Then the other one is probably Transcend
In post 273, Transcend wrote:My role is not watcher, i just said that I'm confirmable. Watcher is NOT confirmable
Try again.

- Transcend in 466 declares himself King after declaring himself confirmable earlier in the day. Wow, I've
never
seen scum try to do those things before! :roll:
In post 506, Transcend wrote:actually if twoface doesn't cut his shit i'm just gonna replace out and let someone who can handle his insufferable-ness commandeer my slot
Ironic.
In post 529, hapahauli wrote:
RB, EagerSnake, and TB are obv-town.
They're contributing, have their try-hard pants on, and are the driving force behind the game.
Transcend is also probably town
, since he's making a ton of sense so far and is pushing a lot of pro-town objectives.
What. The. Hell?

No. No. No. No. No. Transcend has made 0 sense all game, and leading town doesn't mean obvtown. Come on hap, you're better than this.
In post 538, hapahauli wrote:Who's more likely to be mafia? The two idiots screaming at each other in thread, or the guys in the background letting it happen?
This thread exploded overnight. There have been 18 pages since I replaced in on page 9 less than 24 hours ago. It would make total sense that scum bould be leading town here.
In post 546, Eddie Cane wrote:JSYK I think it's p dumb to lynch someone who claimed confirmable u_u
Ummmm.... The last game we were in, you were voting someone on D1 that claimed confirmable.
In post 593, Eddie Cane wrote:also if im lol hammered vig/lynch the hammered ;)
You have 2 votes on you? :facepalm:
In post 630, hapahauli wrote:Like in what world does a townie go "Player X is confirmed mafia, but let's lynch Player Y instead"?
+1 to this though

COOL I'M FINALLY FUCKING CAUGHT UP. I REALLY LIKE RB/TRANSCEND SCUM LIKE MANY OF Y'ALL (BEST TOWN PERFORMANCE SCUMMY ANYONE?), SO MY MAIN FOCUS AT THE MOMENT IS ON THE 3RD MEMBER. I ONLY REALLY FOCUS ON SCUMREADS, DON'T ASK ME TO OUT MY NULL/TOWNREADS BECAUSE I WON'T BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA.

Eddie - For someone with 57 posts in this game, you've got absolutely nothing to show for it. You FoS'd ThinkBig after 194, and then gave no reason for your suspicions... and current excuse for not voting is because you don't sheep cases. While that is admirable from a town perspective, from a scum perspective it looks like you don't want to actually commit to anything.

Arona - You've got even less content than Eddie, but I'm really hoping you're going to blow me out of the water with your next post considering 16 pages have passed since you were on last.

I Am Innocent - This game's moving at a fast pace, but it would be nice if you joined us for it.

VOTE: Transcend This is L-1.

You don't get to claim confirmable, post some BS reads list, and troll the rest of the game. I've seen scumhunting out of your other games, but I see absolutely none of it here.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

"Ummmm.... The last game we were in, you were voting someone on D1 that claimed confirmable. "
cus he said he was only confirmable at l-2 and I had a strong scum read on him

and more importantly, I was scum that game
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:55 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Vote Count 1.22

Transcend (6):
Darkshadow64540 (), TwoFace (), ThinkBig (), hapahauli (), Boonskiies (), horrordude0215 ()

rb (1):
aronagrundy ()

TwoFace (1):
rb ()

aronagrundy (1):
Transcend ()

Eddie Cane (1):
Something_Smart ()

hapahauli (1):
Eddie Cane ()

Not Voting (2):
I Am Innocent, eagerSnake ()

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

D1 deadline is Monday, April 10th 2017, 6:00PM PST or in (expired on 2017-04-10 18:00:00).
[/area][/size]
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Eddie, have you forgotten how to use quotes? It's kind of really annoying not being able to link to the posts you're quoting.

I was referring to the fact that you voted CloudKicker after he had claimed that bizarre confirmable role. But you were scum that game, so point rescinded.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Eddie, hammer transcend for me please.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Man, these days bring me back to the times when I was addicted to that rush of hammering. Was known for popping out of nowhere and hammering...I hammered my biggest Day 1 town read once that way!! and they flipped scum...-.-
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Nonononono not hammering until we hear from Transcend.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

it was a long post and I was replying to a small part of it, cutting the rest out on mobile is effort
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 pm

Transcend claims in his next post or I'm hammering. No more stalling.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

someone should unvote before ss hammers and I'm forced to vig him
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 691, hapahauli wrote:Nonononono not hammering until we hear from Transcend.
Ugh, he had the chance plenty of times. He was already at L-1 this game at one point, (he claimed after the L-1 went to the L2), and he was just testing the water with that partial claim. Then, he went on and did even more naked votes before anything. He has had plenty of time to full claim. He is not town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by hapahauli »

In post 695, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 691, hapahauli wrote:Nonononono not hammering until we hear from Transcend.
Ugh, he had the chance plenty of times. He was already at L-1 this game at one point, (he claimed after the L-1 went to the L2), and he was just testing the water with that partial claim. Then, he went on and did even more naked votes before anything. He has had plenty of time to full claim. He is not town.
He's probably not town. But AFAIK there are 3rd parties in normal games.

I also want to hear from people who haven't commented on Transcend yet, or haven't been involved in the madness of the last 23 pages.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 pm

this game is confirmed 10:3, no 3rd parties
(what made you think he might be 3rd party anyway?)
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 697, Something_Smart wrote:this game is confirmed 10:3, no 3rd parties
(what made you think he might be 3rd party anyway?)

where does it say this?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

oh. found it.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”