ThinkMomo
(1): PenguinPower
Tea and Biscuits
(1): Empking
Wraith
(1): Tea and Biscuits

Not Voting
(3): Pine, Infinity 324 , Prism

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day one ends Monday, April 10th at 6pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-04-10 18:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Sorry about lack of cool history facts!
This has been modded 100% on mobile thus far!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by The Wood Cutters »

I guess I'm seeing it as you just making a post to post. If you can't say anything of value at the time then save it for when you can clearly lay out all your concerns.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Prism »

I laid out a significant number of things in that post regardless, including a small bit on you, immediately after your other head grilled me for opting for your very given strategy.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't get how you can read "I would be very surprised to see TWC flip town even if I can't ground the feeling now", together with preliminary realms where the feelings reside, and think of this as a valueless post.

I also weighed in on Infinity and Almost50 in the same post, explaining why I feel the way I do about them.

Nothing in that was "valueless", period. It explained what I could now with the promise of more next time I'm at a computer with time to really think.

And before you say, "You're posting plenty now, why don't you have time?" there's a huge difference between analyzing posts and establishing deeper thoughts and responding to base level nonsense.
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

I felt weird about TWC until whicheverheaditwas talked to me about Wraith over the last few pages. Having trouble explaining it but the way they interacted with me felt super town.

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 315, Prism wrote:From an objective standpoint I shouldn't have made those-as I'm confident you'll scumread them-but you'll have to excuse a bit of selfindulgence.
This continued "nacho will scumread this" posting kind of bothers me

What did you think of my early townread of you prism?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 319, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Also I'm not scumreading dreal anymore. I started doubting the scumread pretty quickly but wanted to keep pushing him to see if anything useful would come out of it. He's producing some content now that looks like I could potentially get a read from when I have a clearer head so I'm not really interested in tunneling there anymore.
This is very likely town
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 346, Prism wrote:UNVOTE: for now.

Like, my feelings on TWC are vague and I've got to run at a pretty inopportune time, but how I'm feeling reading that page 11+random select posts, I would,
at this immediate moment
, be
really
surprised if that slot flips town, even if I don't know why.
Sorry I thought you missed my question

Is nacho's scumgame this good? When I played with him as scum before he was more nitpicky and less...genuine-looking
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Prism, another reason why I townread twc is that so many of nacho's thoughts matched up with mine (although more in depth), and I don't know why he would pick out me to shadow. I think he would come up with more different reads as scum.

bothers me. The part about nancy feels fake.

Note: knowing that someone has a good scumgame will definitely affect my read on them.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Börk Börk »

I think I'm going to have to replace out; I'm really sorry. I'm down on motivation to do just about anything, and I don't want to ruin this game for both the mod and everyone else playing by lurking and messing about. I figured the quicker I replace out, the sooner someone better can take my slot instead. Once again, sorry!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Prism »

Wraith's reaction to the miller claim was really good, even if I disagree with it:
In post 130, Wraith wrote:
In post 90, Infinity 324 wrote:4 pages while I was asleep 0_0

I'm a miller
Miller? In a Mini?

...Really?
#285's stream of consciousness contains a lot that I agree with or at least understand. Notably, I think their treatment of Infinity reads town, reinforced in #340. The drealm stuff is pretty null in my book, in the sense that I think scumWraith is likely to defend him anyway, but the rest is solid.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 357, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 319, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Also I'm not scumreading dreal anymore. I started doubting the scumread pretty quickly but wanted to keep pushing him to see if anything useful would come out of it. He's producing some content now that looks like I could potentially get a read from when I have a clearer head so I'm not really interested in tunneling there anymore.
This is very likely town
I disagree. At least three people have come to the defense of drealm as being lynchbait. The pretext here is awful to boot. They were pushing drealm for content, and now they've gotten it so they'll back off the scumread.

Two things:

1. Drealm not giving content was
never
an issue.
2. They didn't even
read
the content that is making them back off.

They said they started doubting the scumread early, but just go through their ISO and Ctrl+F "Dreal". You find posts like these, which while they
do
come early, they
aren't
something that goes away because dreal types a lot. Their read strengthened on Dreal as they went, but now it's mysteriously always in doubt.
In post 64, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 29, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 26, Tea and Biscuits wrote:I'm not gonna lie dreal I'm legit scumreading you already here

-- Postie
but is that because you're townreading my tone and then compensating for fear of being wrong based on In Memory?
In post 51, drealmerz7 wrote:why is 29 terrible? I wanted to know if you were town-reading me by tone (as you did in In Memory) and then switching your read based on your inaccuracy at doing that in that game- seems pretty reasonable to me?
This kind of shitty discredit does not come from town.
Vote dreal.

-- Postie
In post 73, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 67, drealmerz7 wrote:I wasn't trying to dismiss it, that was a guess, I asked you a question with it, you could have simply said "no that'd be stupid" and then given your thoughts, instead we're here, and you're still not explaining the read (believe me, I understand not being able to describe why I have a SR, it's nothing damning), that's all I'm trying to do, is understand

it was perhaps my mistake suggesting an explanation for you instead of just letting you explain, but, that was where my mind went, and so I shared it
This post feels appeasey as fuck.

-- Postie
In post 74, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 71, The Wood Cutters wrote:The comparison to the linked game so far seems a horrible one, both in game type and differences in posting. I personally don't plan on signing. I'll post more betterer when I'm home.
Yeah, like I said, it wasn't anything solid; just something that made me want to vote him in early-game. It's his reactions to my scumread of him that are making me want to lynch him now.

-- Postie
In post 78, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 67, drealmerz7 wrote:believe me, I understand
In post 67, drealmerz7 wrote:that's all I'm trying to do, is understand
The phrasing just... ugh. Doesn't feel like a natural response in this situation sorry.

-- Postie
Most damningly, Postie
scumread drealm's reactions
and called them solid:
In post 79, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 77, drealmerz7 wrote:so when exactly did the read become solid?
Post and everything after it.

-- Postie
These are all relatively early in the game but they were the last things said by Postie about Dreal, and they seem to contradict a lot of what they're saying now. Their read seemed to get more solid as Drealm talked more, not in doubt, but
even if this was played up, the given context of the swap makes no sense.
Going from pushing for a reaction, to scumreading those reactions, to seemingly townreading/nullifying a scumread the fact that dreal typed a wall or two that
Postie didn't even read
makes little sense.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 355, Tea and Biscuits wrote:I felt weird about TWC until whicheverheaditwas talked to me about Wraith over the last few pages. Having trouble explaining it but the way they interacted with me felt super town.

-- Postie
I got the exact opposite reaction to this, the original reason I had a scumlean on you (before I went back in reaction to Infinity just now) was two pronged:

1) Your interaction with TWC read subjectively more as two scum to me
2) I didn't like SuperJack's confusion about the makeup of the game/size of the scumteam in that the underlying message is he's not scum, even if it's a valid question as town.

I think these are extremely weak/more just my own perspective than the above post though, which is what I really want more on, because that post on Drealm makes 0 sense to me.

VOTE: Tea and Biscuits
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'll let postie respond to that, but I think the narrative of "I doubted my scumread much earlier but pushed it anyway for reactions" makes sense with what I know of postie and fits with her posts imo

We'll talk more once postie explains herself
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 358, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 346, Prism wrote:UNVOTE: for now.

Like, my feelings on TWC are vague and I've got to run at a pretty inopportune time, but how I'm feeling reading that page 11+random select posts, I would,
at this immediate moment
, be
really
surprised if that slot flips town, even if I don't know why.
Sorry I thought you missed my question

Is nacho's scumgame this good? When I played with him as scum before he was more nitpicky and less...genuine-looking
In post 359, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism, another reason why I townread twc is that so many of nacho's thoughts matched up with mine (although more in depth), and I don't know why he would pick out me to shadow. I think he would come up with more different reads as scum.

bothers me. The part about nancy feels fake.

Note: knowing that someone has a good scumgame will definitely affect my read on them.
I've only seen Scumcho once and it was a bit of a snoozefest that I was barely paying attention during.

I don't want to go back and see exactly what the similarities/differences in your thoughts are because that's a lot of work for little payout, but I am 99% sure that any shadowing would be coincidental rather than purposeful. Scumcho is going to make sense, whether he's town is a completely different matter.

P-Edit: The problem is that
even if she overplayed the scumread, Drealm did nothing to change it to begin with
-because Postie didn't read the walls. Postie pushed him for content, but he was giving plenty already, and what he was giving they
didn't like
. It makes no sense to read the first 15 posts, scumread them and the player, then get 5 posts that
you don't read
, and then say that overall you're null on the player.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Prism »

Re: The nancy stuff I mean it's echoing what I said before. If she wants to win she's got to work with people instead of picking lose/lose scenarios and getting offended over people doubting her.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Like, with regards to Postie, there seem to be two possibilities that include them as town here:

1) They lied in all of those posts and scumread none of it to begin with
2) They townread him for giving more content itself, when he
was doing that before and they didn't like it

Neither of these make sense to me, so perhaps they can submit a third that does.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:12 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I shall begin searching for a replacement for Börk Börk

Also, Pine and PenguinPower are being prodded.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am

In post 361, Prism wrote:Wraith's reaction to the miller claim was really good, even if I disagree with it:
In post 130, Wraith wrote:
In post 90, Infinity 324 wrote:4 pages while I was asleep 0_0

I'm a miller
Miller? In a Mini?

...Really?
There's no reason to assume a Miller is particularly unlikely in a Mini, and the "...Really?" makes the post sound fake as fuck.
I don't understand what you're seeing?
In post 362, Prism wrote:[snip]
In post 367, Prism wrote:Like, with regards to Postie, there seem to be two possibilities that include them as town here:

1) They lied in all of those posts and scumread none of it to begin with
2) They townread him for giving more content itself, when he
was doing that before and they didn't like it

Neither of these make sense to me, so perhaps they can submit a third that does.
I scumread him, and then began doubting my scumread (which then turned into a nullread somewhere along the line) but put those feelings to one side and just kept tunneling as a means of trying to sort him. Then our interactions just kinda naturally came to an end, and he was commenting on lots of other things in a way that seemed seriousish and less trolly and therefore readable, so I made a note to read through that stuff later and moved on.
Does that make any more sense?
In post 361, Prism wrote:1) Your interaction with TWC read subjectively more as two scum to me
Could you explain this because it seems like an absurd conclusion to me. I think the way we kept speaking past each other and getting frustrated but still somehow managing to cooperate and find points to agree on makes it very very likely to be TvT.
In post 361, Prism wrote:2) I didn't like SuperJack's confusion about the makeup of the game/size of the scumteam in that the underlying message is he's not scum, even if it's a valid question as town.
SuperJack is new to this site. This is NAI unless you think he's lying about being a newbie.

-- Postie
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 am

@Infinty
- Why haven't you voted anyone yet? Who are you scumreading?
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 am

-- Postie

Also note Wraith's lack of any kind of meaningful attempt to sort anyone when he returned to the thread, beyond "T&B are scum because I expressed suspicion of them and now they're scumreading me".
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I voted almost, then unvote after the explanation

I don't have anything worth voting. Maybe empking but I want to wait for something more from him.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:59 am