Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

And your stance on Wraith? Not particularly a fan of how you haven't commented on anything I've brought up so far. I'm scumreading you based on associatives with him after all, so you'd think you might have something to say about that at least.

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I didn't like that he didn't engage much earlier on, but his wall shared a lot of my thoughts and looked relatively genuine. So lean town.

Although he's different from when I played with him as town before, so many have to look into it more.

I don't see why I would talk about an association I know is false.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am

If you know it's false, why aren't you trying to explain to me why I'm wrong?

-- Postie
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Because I don't know or think wraith will flip scum, so I don't care. Even if I had an argument against it, which I probably don't.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nacho, what do you think about wraith being different from OotS?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 am

Okay, fair. Let me hone in on that Wraith read then. What looks genuine? Why is him sharing thoughts with you towny?

-- Postie
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'll go over his wall again tomorrow, but iirc he picked up on things that I also thought but didn't state in thread and it's more likely for town to have the same thought process as town than scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Empking »

Ooots?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Order of the stick mafia
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

What do you think about almost's explanation
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Empking »

In post 384, Infinity 324 wrote:What do you think about almost's explanation
I don't really buy it. Its not impossble, but its stll aswful and the whole situation gives me a scum read on her.

Almost didn't 'Town Claim' -> 'lol I gambitted', she 'town claim' -> 'awful excuse involving role cops' -> 'lol, i gambited'. The town-gambit explanation looks more like an excuse - and if people didn't buy and still pushed it then she'd come up with another - for a scum gambit.

That paragraph probable come across as more certain than I really feel.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:12 am

In post 381, Infinity 324 wrote:it's more likely for town to have the same thought process as town than scum
False. At least, not in what they say in the thread.

-- Postie
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Prism »

In post 369, Tea and Biscuits wrote: I scumread him, and then began doubting my scumread (which then turned into a nullread somewhere along the line) but put those feelings to one side and just kept tunneling as a means of trying to sort him. Then our interactions just kinda naturally came to an end, and he was commenting on lots of other things in a way that seemed seriousish and less trolly and therefore readable, so I made a note to read through that stuff later and moved on.
Does that make any more sense?
This makes
no sense
given your statements. Your statements weren't just pressuring, here they are:
In post 64, Tea and Biscuits wrote:This kind of shitty discredit does not come from town.
Vote dreal.

-- Postie
In post 73, Tea and Biscuits wrote:This post feels appeasey as fuck.

-- Postie
In post 74, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Yeah, like I said, it wasn't anything solid; just something that made me want to vote him in early-game. It's his reactions to my scumread of him that are making me want to lynch him now.

-- Postie
In post 78, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 67, drealmerz7 wrote:believe me, I understand
In post 67, drealmerz7 wrote:that's all I'm trying to do, is understand
The phrasing just... ugh. Doesn't feel like a natural response in this situation sorry.

-- Postie
These first few are more than just pressuring but
actual scumreads
. Phrases like "These statements don't come from town" is not just applying pressure. Your last two statements on Drealm especially were awful and
directly contradict your explanation
:
In post 79, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 77, drealmerz7 wrote:so when exactly did the read become solid?
Post and everything after it.

-- Postie
In post 81, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Crazy tunnels are how I read people.
If you're town I'll probably see it eventually. Right now I don't.

-- Postie
I bolded exactly what is wrong with that last one. By your timeline, this is the point at which you've come out of scumreading him. Nothing in this statement reflects that, instead portraying the opposite, that crazy tunnels are your thing, but
what you've seen you hate
and don't see coming from town.

Your given timeline has a scumread, to doubting the scumread, to finally a null read.
Exactly 0 of this is reflected in your posts
, instead portraying just the opposite of a solidifying scumread. Statements like "These statements don't come from town. Vote Dreal" is more than trying to get content out of dreal, and again
dreal was already giving plenty of content from the get go
, and what he did you demonstrably didn't like.

Not only are you mischaracterizing your own interactions with dreal, you're claiming you straight up lied about how you felt about him. I'm calling bullshit.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Prism »

I'm going to waste time on these even though I shouldn't.
My earlier post is much more important, this one is practically worthless in comparison.
In post 369, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 361, Prism wrote:1) Your interaction with TWC read subjectively more as two scum to me
Could you explain this because it seems like an absurd conclusion to me. I think the way we kept speaking past each other and getting frustrated but still somehow managing to cooperate and find points to agree on makes it very very likely to be TvT.
In post 361, Prism wrote:2) I didn't like SuperJack's confusion about the makeup of the game/size of the scumteam in that the underlying message is he's not scum, even if it's a valid question as town.
SuperJack is new to this site. This is NAI unless you think he's lying about being a newbie.

-- Postie
For the second I literally said in post you quoted "It's a valid question as town."

These are both things that were just my subjective gut feeling, that they were
not what I wanted to focus on
because of it, and I explicitly said as much:
Prism wrote:I think these are extremely weak/more just my own perspective than the above post though, which is what I really want more on, because that post on Drealm makes 0 sense to me.
The fact that you included them anyway and dedicated just as much space to them, knowing ahead of time that I had already admitted they weren't objectively credible and were only my intuitive feeling, really rubs me the wrong way here.

This goes double when your explanation about your feelings about Drealm are more than inconsistent but a
straightforward lie.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Prism »

tl;dr: Postie has repeatedly lied about their timeline/feelings on Drealm. I'm not talking about town forgetfulness or run of the mill mental inconsistency. What she's describing is impossible to mistake as town, and she's straightforwardly lying.

Her statements she's making on Drealm directly contradict her treatment and earlier statements on Drealm, and her given timeline is entirely false. I realize the quote walls are a lot to get through but they're worth it. They match up 0 with her description.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Prism »

In post 364, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll let postie respond to that, but I think the narrative of "I doubted my scumread much earlier but pushed it anyway for reactions" makes sense with what I know of postie and fits with her posts imo

We'll talk more once postie explains herself
In post 374, Infinity 324 wrote:Slight lean scum but too early to tell
Stop with what you're assuming she said and take some time to
actually
read over what she said.

Explaining the new scumread on me would be helpful because as far as I know you've only mentioned the interactions with nancy. I don't think telling her to stop picking lose/lose is alignment indicative either way since if she's town I need her as much as she needs me, regardless of what I am.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Prism »

TWC still desperately needs my attention but right now they're a raw fish sitting in the freezer and Postie's already thrown themselves onto the grill.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

This conversation going on between Prism and T&B (mostly Postie I presume) is good and healthy, and I have no intention what-so-ever in interfering before both sides are satisfied (or start yelling at each other with empty posts).

However, I fear many other slots are getting free passes and not getting attention at all. Like, can somebody tell me what PenguinPower, Pine have done in this game (Each has only posted once). Can anybody give a read on EmpKing or Nancy? I'm not even mentioning Bork as they're getting replaced, but still that's 5 slots who haven't done much and are totally unreadable (to me at least).

I only have TRs on TWC, T&B, Prism (but don't let that stop you from trying to figure each other out. I don't claim to know either of you to have a confident read on them anyway). I also have Town Lean on Infinity, but that's about all I have for now. I can possibly say it's my fault for not trying harder to figure out Thinkmomo, Dreal or Wraith, but I still need the other 5 slots to get engaged and maybe I will find something to ask of them or of the 3 I still have at null despite them having posted some.

I'm also waiting on NC to weigh in more. If you want details on our individual reads, we both agree TWC is Town and Chara called out the "You're assuming we're Town" even before Nach/Gin said it. We both had the utmost interest in figuring out this slot first and are satisfied with the result.

Chara TRs Prism more than T&B, based on the ongoing argument/duel between them. I had granted T&B a TR before I did Prism, so we have those in reverse, but we basically agree it's likely a TvT for now.

The Town lean on Infinity is mine. I don't think Chara commented on that slot yet. Other than that, we both have no other reads, which is problematic as I certainly can't decide where I would even want to vote next.

Too many words, I know .. in sum: someone who is not currently engaged should join forced with me applying pressure on the totally non-existent slots. Choose one of Pine or PP for starters and we can work our way from there.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Prism »

How you get TvT out of this confuses me, in that the only explanations I can see for getting that conclusion are that you're either the allseeing Oracle of Delphi or aren't reading what I'm saying for what it actually contains at all.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Prism »

I agree that other spots are getting passes, and I really want more from both Pine and PP and want to engage with TWC, but there's a big reason I'm doing what I'm doing, and handwaving it off as TvT tells me that you either aren't understanding what I'm saying (Which might be my fault for not being concise/efficient) or aren't reading it to begin with.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 393, Prism wrote:How you get TvT out of this confuses me, in that the only explanations I can see for getting that conclusion are that you're either the allseeing Oracle of Delphi or aren't reading what I'm saying for what it actually contains at all.
I admit I tend ti skim over wall posts for starters, but it's not what YOU say that concerns me when I'm trying to read another slot. It's what THEY say that matters the most.

Like you could be mod-confirmed for all I care, but that doesn't mean everything you say will be spot on. I myself tend to go astray building cases that turn to be total fiction. No offense, but what you say only helps me get a read on you, unless -of course- you say you have a guilty already.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 395, Almost50 wrote:
In post 393, Prism wrote:How you get TvT out of this confuses me, in that the only explanations I can see for getting that conclusion are that you're either the allseeing Oracle of Delphi or aren't reading what I'm saying for what it actually contains at all.
I admit I tend ti skim over wall posts for starters, but it's not what YOU say that concerns me when I'm trying to read another slot. It's what THEY say that matters the most.

Like you could be mod-confirmed for all I care, but that doesn't mean everything you say will be spot on. I myself tend to go astray building cases that turn to be total fiction. No offense, but what you say only helps me get a read on you, unless -of course- you say you have a guilty already.
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 394, Prism wrote:I agree that other spots are getting passes, and I really want more from both Pine and PP and want to engage with TWC, but there's a big reason I'm doing what I'm doing, and handwaving it off as TvT tells me that you either aren't understanding what I'm saying (Which might be my fault for not being concise/efficient) or aren't reading it to begin with.
Mate, I'm not handwaving anything. On contrary, I encourage you to go on. Maybe you can prove me wrong on my initial read of them. I will reread everything and pay more attention when I can get a better look at the whole players list.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by The Wood Cutters »

VOTE: Prism

Enough of the bullshit. You say it's vague and you'll explain and you've gone on to explain everyone elses shit.

You have bloody time so fucking spill it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Prism »

Re: Almost50: If you don't read what I say, you won't know what to look for. Other players' minds are the biggest asset you have ingame.
In post 398, The Wood Cutters wrote:VOTE: Prism

Enough of the bullshit. You say it's vague and you'll explain and you've gone on to explain everyone elses shit.

You have bloody time so fucking spill it.
I've got my fish right now and it's not you.

The pretext this time isn't a lack of time but one of focus. Don't act like you don't know the difference.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”