Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1092, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1084, Socrates wrote:It should go without saying that ball ownership should be counterclaimed with impunity.
Counterclaimed?? Are the balls in the show of certain functions each? Or are they related to certain characters?? Because from what I read (trying to familiarize myself with the flavour) they had so many users I don't even think anyone would fake claim having x-star ball to begin with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, I love this fat Guru guy Kuroi keeps using in the VCs, and from what little I've seen he is weird and ordering Nail around like the latter is his slave or something.

I also want those who are familiar with the flavour to weigh in regarding that claim. Does it sound legit? Is that character a main character (as in must be included) or does sound more like a safe fake-claim (Kuroi does provide those, btw).
Dragon balls are individually identifiable by their star number. It's in the opening rule post. Clumsy claimed to have the six star ball. If someone else has the six-star ball, they should counter immediately.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Imperium »

Vote: Maria

Definitely don't mind doing this for now, though.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1101, Socrates wrote:
In post 1092, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1084, Socrates wrote:It should go without saying that ball ownership should be counterclaimed with impunity.
Counterclaimed?? Are the balls in the show of certain functions each? Or are they related to certain characters?? Because from what I read (trying to familiarize myself with the flavour) they had so many users I don't even think anyone would fake claim having x-star ball to begin with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, I love this fat Guru guy Kuroi keeps using in the VCs, and from what little I've seen he is weird and ordering Nail around like the latter is his slave or something.

I also want those who are familiar with the flavour to weigh in regarding that claim. Does it sound legit? Is that character a main character (as in must be included) or does sound more like a safe fake-claim (Kuroi does provide those, btw).
Dragon balls are individually identifiable by their star number. It's in the opening rule post. Clumsy claimed to have the six star ball. If someone else has the six-star ball, they should counter immediately.
My point is/was: If they're Scum and have the 6-star ball there's no need for them to fake claim THAT. Having a ball on it's own isn't a Town feature .. or is it?? If it IS, then with no CC they're Town. If it isn't then there's no way we can tell their alignment just from having this particular ball, so it's safe for them to claim it anyway.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Imperium »

No CC =/= town, but there's a possibility that Clumsy is fakeclaiming in order to draw out an additional dragonball.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1102, Imperium wrote:

Now who's the one who can't read
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 291, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Granted, I was mostly waiting on Clumsyhead more than anything, because I tend to get scumread when I post without using him as a filter.
I think that this is a post more likely to be made by town than by scum; it's the transparency that is a little wonky coming from town but looks absolutely bizarre coming from scum. In other words, if Clumsy and Shaziro's approach to surviving as scum was "Shaziro waits to talk with Clumsy so he doesn't look so horrible when he posts", then I'm not sure that they'd out their scum strategy in their entrance post or be as comfortable as they are about waiting to post so they don't look scummy.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 1105, MariaR wrote:

What did I fail to read?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 324, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:
In post 323, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Anybody who gets off this wagon, now that it has consolidated, will be viewed with extreme suspicion after Clumsy flips.
Remember this if we flip.
Shaziro, why did you find this post significant?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 1107, Imperium wrote:

What did I fail to read?
Still waiting for a response to this question.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 334, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I was actually going to make a post about the second one, but realized a flaw in my logic.
Clumsy, what were you going to say here and what was the flaw in your logic?

(As an aside, I like this post - I do think that Tywin occasionally has a tone that comes across as fake and his many words over not knowing the DBZ flavor certainly plays into that, and I think the nuance in having a reason for pushing him but letting it go from expressing it is nicely faked if he's scum here.)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1107, Imperium wrote:

What did I fail to read?
Me. Talk to me on your sr on me from all I can see is you have no reasons at all to sr me :neutral:
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Imperium »

Why did you say "now who's the one who can't read"?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1112, Imperium wrote:Why did you say "now who's the one who can't read"?
I couldn't read you last game and now you can't me.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 448, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Talking with the Shaz head, I liked Socrates' case about Not Chara. Shaz head agrees, so we're going to follow there.

VOTE: Not Chara
I thought the progression here (which I didn't pick up on before) was actually a pretty genuine one to lead up to voting Not Chara - Alisae talked about voting NC because of Socrates's case, Clumsy evaluates it and likes it, they don't end up voting NC until three days later after they've talked. It's a nice lack of urgency for someone who was getting wagoned hard; if they were scum, I'd expect that they would be looking to push Not Chara as a counterwagon (talk to Alisae about the read more, actually vote them) but the way they approached it very much seemed like they were talking over things and trying to make the best vote.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 1108, Imperium wrote:
In post 324, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:
In post 323, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Anybody who gets off this wagon, now that it has consolidated, will be viewed with extreme suspicion after Clumsy flips.
Remember this if we flip.
Shaziro, why did you find this post significant?
Because it is pretty blatantly demanding that we get power lynched by saying that you will be called scummy for hopping off the wagon. It is a bullying tactic to try and make us get lynched without resistance. I know I'm town, so I know it is bullying people into a mislynch. If we flip it will be made clear that we are town, and as such the person who tried to bully people into not leaving a mislynch should be looked on with the suspicion.

Clumsy is working a double shift tonight but will be back tonight before bed. If he tells me there is a change of plan I will notify y'all.

-Shaziro
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 938, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:When I was reading through this, I was having a lot of the same thoughts, especially the "If she said it was just a first page joke, I would have shrugged and let it go". I don't know a whole lot about tells in this game, but Socrates has been playing for much longer than I have, and I town read him, so I'm taking his word on that tell. It makes sense to me, and this actually reminded me of a scum game I played in. RC had a role which let other people give him their votes, and I joked that we should all just give him our votes and let him try to win the game. I was immediately jumped on because it came out insinuating that I knew he was town. Now, I would have made the same joke either way as town or scum, but since I WAS scum, I had to keep up appearances. So I buckled down on it and argued for Town!RC. This felt similar to that, buckling down when under pressure early.
This explanation for sheeping felt fairly genuine to me, and the expansion on what was alluded to earlier (that the most compelling point of the case to him was that Socrates said that he would have let it go if it just stayed a joke but the defense felt meh) is again a very nice touch if they are scum here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

hey guyz
GTKAS
| here.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

UNVOTE:

I think I want to wait until Nacho's done here. Let's not risk a lol!Hammer (although I those who are infamous for it are not present in this game).

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1118, Almost50 wrote:UNVOTE:

I think I want to wait until Nacho's done here. Let's not risk a lol!Hammer (although I those who are infamous for it are not present in this game).
It was L-2 now L-3. Not voting is a capital sin that leads to apathy and loss.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 942, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I read through that whole wall and my eyes only glazed over once or twice! You've made a few shit assumptions here, and I'm assuming that's because you're scum trying to push a narrative.
I like the confidence and conviction in this read; Socrates I noticed liked it too but managed to dismiss it by rationalizing it by Clumsy finding someone to spar with who had weak rhetoric, but I don't think that makes sense. If Clumsy is scum here, nothing changes with the discovery of Tywin; the wagon on them is still much stronger and, even if stars align and they manage to get Tywin lynched, they're still dead tomorrow - finding a player you can beat up as scum is nice, but it's typically not enough impetus for a change in attitude. Finding scum is different; as town, finding scum Day 1 means that even if you get lynched today, there's a roadmap to follow after you're gone and even if scum manage to lynch you today, you will still win if they fall down after you die.

I think that the way Clumsy argues that Tywin is trying to get out of taking responsibility for their town flip looks very, very town and I think that their recent arguments against him and a touch of the recent argument against ABR is pretty compelling evidence for them having the attitude of "I found scum!" as opposed to "I found a weak player!".

A couple examples of the above:
In post 964, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:This is a great way of setting up being able to wash your hands of this lynch after it flips town.
In post 974, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:P-edit: To those that are actually town, don't let those pushing this wagon through slide off with "they looked really scummy!" if we get lynched today.
I think that this makes a lot of sense from a VT who thinks they're probably going to get lynched because they basically always get lynched.
I also think that a VT claim here looks townier than not; with the amount of suspicion they've already gotten thus far they're obviously not avoiding the lynch, the only thing that they're doing by not claiming a power role and trying to out a strong power role for the scumteam is fucking their scumbuds over if scum.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1119, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

By my count it was L-1 and now L-2: Vifam, Not Chara, Tywin Lannister, Socrates, Albert B. Rampage,

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:10 pm

In post 956, MariaR wrote:I'm been lynched as town more times than I can count and I've never been lynched day 1 as scum and I am really trying to understand what I do as scum that makes me immune but as town I'm in ml city
Pedit: Hi hydra thing what's your read on me
Nacho, thoughts on this post please? ^
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:10 pm

In post 1121, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1119, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

By my count it was L-1 and now L-2: Vifam, Not Chara, Tywin Lannister, Socrates, Albert B. Rampage,
I unvoted actually.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Yes he did.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

"Karma is if you do something good, something good will happen to you. But if you do something bad, something bad will happen to you."
"So if I'm good enough, then I can have my family back?"
"...Are you still on about that?"

Vote Count 1.11
Clumsy Phoenix
(4/7)
- Vifam, Not Chara, Tywin Lannister, Socrates
Majiffy
(1/7)
- ɀefiend
Almost50
(1/7)
- Majiffy
Desperado
(1/7)
- Alisae
MariaR
(2/7)
- Desperado, Imperium
Socrates
(1/7)
- MariaR
Tywin Lannister
(1/7)
- Clusmy Phoenix
Not Voting:
Albert B. Rampage, Almost50

Notes:
- I'd like to take this time to tell everyone that on Wednesday, I'm taking a scheduled vacation to Utah and I'll be without the ability to do vote counts and stuff like this. My back-up mod, TheRealGin-N-Tonic and perhaps even reviewer, GuyInFreezer, will help during this time. I'll help when I can by answering questions and such.

Although I'll leave at the earliest by Night One. I'll definitely be here by the end of Day One.

(expired on 2017-04-04 12:55:00) until the end of Day One.
With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”