Mini 1898 - Inception Mafia - The Hub (GAME OVER)

Neko Tail
Neko Tail
Townie
Neko Tail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by Neko Tail »

In post 32, Not Chara wrote:thank you. :>
so to word it another way, it's impossible to leave a dream without relying on another player to kick you out?

and rewording your first answer: in a situation in the main thread where there has not been a main thread lynch yet, and there are dreams occurring in the game, no one in the main thread can be lynched until every dream is gone?
There may or may not be abilities affecting this, but by standard rules, you need to be kicked to leave a dream. This can be done by a player, or by a forced kick due to not enough players being in the dream anymore.

For your second question: you are correct.
In post 35, Leonshade wrote:Mod: Can you confirm or deny that only Afflictions determine all abilities, even for mafia players?
Players have only received an alignment, and they will randomly receive an affliction when this phase ends. I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of anything else.
In post 46, Not Chara wrote:actually i think that needs clarification, you might be right.
can you only see the dream spawned from the thread you're in, or can you see all of its subdreams too?
You can also see all subdreams.
In post 47, McMenno wrote:
@mod does the deadline reset only on a mainthread lynch, or also on a dream lynch?
Deadline never resets. Time up, game over.
Of course, this has to be taken with a grain of salt. If we are late for doing an important action, we will compensate the lost time again. We may also halt the deadline or the entire game in case of a replacement (which is why we'd rather have none).
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Post by Not Chara »

that's true.
but don't forget scum regain perception at twice the rate of town. and you have to dream pretty deep to take a big chunk out of their perception. plus, it's impossible to control how deep the dreaming players go once they've left the thread you're in. they can't read the thread above, so the players can't listen to input.

a point i do want to make is we
have
to send scum into dreams. we only have one main thread lynch. the only other way to kill scum is to shove them into a dream, then have then be lynched in that dream so they go to limbo. (and then, hopefully, lynched in limbo so they actually flip, though we can win without that.)
so thinking of it like that... we need to send both scummy players and strong town players into dreams to ensure the scum go to limbo.
basically, it's going to be really, really fun. (in theory)
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Mm

I'm thinking we should try to get 3 players in limbo ASAP so they can lynch. Flips will help a lot.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 50, Neko Tail wrote:Deadline never resets. Time up, game over.
oh. hm.
so, initiating a kick late game, if we're relying on a deep dream to stretch the deadline, could cost us the game.

this changes things. time is a precious commodity. at maximum, the deadline for the entire game is 2 months and 10 days, and that's assuming we have a fourth-level dream to stretch it. realistically, the deadline would be more like a month and 17 days (third-level dream).

so, we should decide on what to do when the game starts during the pregame, ideally.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@mod: How exactly does time stretching work? Is the remaining time on the deadline preserved when there's a kick, or does it return to the original 2 weeks - whatever time we've used?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2, Neko Tail wrote:Deadline is universal and runs at the speed of the deepest dream. If the dreaming party at the deepest level comes back from that dream, the deadline will be divided by 1.5 for each dream level difference.
time stretches, time shrinks.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

So it's neither one, basically we get extended time only when there are dreams going on. Interesting.

I'm thinking perception may not be a huge factor. We probably won't want to kick multiple times unless we think there are a lot of scum on level 3.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Leonshade »

If Afflictions aren't confirmed to be the only power scum have, I'm more in favor of caution when it comes to claiming.
In post 51, Not Chara wrote:that's true.
but don't forget scum regain perception at twice the rate of town. and you have to dream pretty deep to take a big chunk out of their perception. plus, it's impossible to control how deep the dreaming players go once they've left the thread you're in. they can't read the thread above, so the players can't listen to input.

a point i do want to make is we
have
to send scum into dreams. we only have one main thread lynch. the only other way to kill scum is to shove them into a dream, then have then be lynched in that dream so they go to limbo. (and then, hopefully, lynched in limbo so they actually flip, though we can win without that.)
so thinking of it like that... we need to send both scummy players and strong town players into dreams to ensure the scum go to limbo.
basically, it's going to be really, really fun. (in theory)
I had read the perception thing competely wrong, I thought a scum lynch nets extra perception. Sunday morning was not the best time to start figuring this setup out.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Or we hit level 4 multiple times.

Are there any other situations where we should kick?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 52, Infinity 324 wrote:Mm

I'm thinking we should try to get 3 players in limbo ASAP so they can lynch. Flips will help a lot.
Aaand I missed that players in limbo can lynch. That also changes a lot.

So that's why we might want to bring people back from limbo, we have to send town there to lynch people so we can get our flips.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

...what if we just sent everyone into limbo except 2 universal townreads?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Limbo still counts as death, so no.
- Vecna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 61, Leonshade wrote:Limbo still counts as death, so no.
Yeah, and?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 62, Infinity 324 wrote:
Yeah, and?
So we send too many townies to limbo, it's game over.
- Vecna
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Post by Not Chara »

we can use kicks in the beginning of the game. less as it goes.
also oh god i have to go to bed i can already tell this game will cause my death
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 63, Leonshade wrote:
In post 62, Infinity 324 wrote:
Yeah, and?
So we send too many townies to limbo, it's game over.
If we send all the scum there, it doesn't matter.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i don't think sending everyone to limbo is even possible. try running a simulation with the dreaming rules, it doesn't work. you need 5 players to even create a new dream, and you can't send to limbo from the main thread.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Post by Leonshade »

I mean that would be the most hilarious way to win a game ever, just sending the scumteam to limbo in one fell swoop. But even if we figured out a way to do it, it would be easy for scum to make it backfire.

Suggestion makes me think Inf is town, that seems like the kind of off-the-cuff lateral thinking that you can only do when you're genuinely looking for a solution to a problem. Like I don't think a scum player would easily come up with that idea, and I don't think scum!Inf would be spending his time trying to come up with creative suggestions he can throw out.
- Vecna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Can you kick from dream threads?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Either way, I'm thinking we want to kill/limbo as many people as possible as quickly as possible. Policy or otherwise.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Policy-limboing inactive players seems especially helpful since they don't flip anyway and since the game requires so much activity.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Limboing people haphazardly can still backfire, bringing people back isn't easy. And it denies us their PRs, as well as their contribution to the game thread.
- Vecna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Maybe, but the way I see it we get a certain amount of lynches (which is a lot) but limited deadline time, and the only way we can make use of all those lynches is by using them quickly. Of course we'll have people claim before we limbo them. As for contribution to the game thread, the type of people we will limbo either won't be contributing very much or (unfortunately) will probably be ignore since everyone scumreads them.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Neko Tail
Neko Tail
Townie
Neko Tail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by Neko Tail »

In post 54, Infinity 324 wrote:
@mod: How exactly does time stretching work? Is the remaining time on the deadline preserved when there's a kick, or does it return to the original 2 weeks - whatever time we've used?
How we will work: when a dream starts on a level on which there currently is no dream, the remaining deadlines is converted to hours and multiplied by 1.5; when that dream stops and there are no other dreams at that level or higher anymore, the remaining deadline is converted to hours and divided by 1.5 again.

Using 1 hour in the main thread is thus equal to using 1.5 hours when there is a level 1 dream.
In post 68, Infinity 324 wrote:
Can you kick from dream threads?
Yes, but then all sub-dreams will be kicked back to that dream thread, and not all the way to the main thread.

I have also seen some confusion:
Mafia does NOT earn extra perception on a lynch; extra perception is earned by everyone when a member of the mafia is lynched.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

If we're ok with not bringing anyone back:

We can create a bunch of dreams before we lynch/limbo. First level has 7, next has 4, next has 3. (This means we can't limbo anyone in level 4 anyway so the only reason to go there is to bring someone back, probably). We limbo in level 3, kick the other 2. Limbo in level 2, kick the other 2. Then there are 5 people in level 1 so we can create another level 2 and limbo there, then kick the other 2 back to level 1. Then we can do that again since there are 4 in level 1. Then limbo in level 1. That's already 5 limbos so far. Kick the final 2 back to the main thread, and start over.

We miss the ability to bring people back and possibly a bunch of PRs by doing this, but the ability to get a ton of lynches is very tempting to me. Or am I missing something?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”