[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 am

Post by nancy »

In post 446, TesXX wrote:
CogMachine wrote: Curious. What about nancy is scummy?
I explained some in , and while she did make a case against Noodle in but I don't think it's enough evidence to say "objectively obvscum".
What do you think is scum indicative about being emphatic on your stances? If it's because you think I'm wrong, what do you think is scum indicative about having wrong reads?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:27 am

Post by nancy »

In post 391, Chronicle wrote:
In post 346, nancy wrote:
In post 334, Chronicle wrote:And with her stances on pine and noodle(disagree with both of them) as well as her recent reaction, it kinda reads as scum getting defensive.
I don't get defensive as scum :P but which parts read as scum getting defensive?
Defensive isn't a very good word to represent what I see it as in retrospect

Jumpy?
Missed this post. What do you think is scum indicative about being jumpy? Describe what scum being jumpy looks like to you, and why Town can't be jumpy? I don't agree with your characterization, btw, but I'm curious about what you're seeing in my posts.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:33 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 450, nancy wrote:what do you think is scum indicative about having wrong reads?
Wrong reads I don't think are always scum indicative, but I don't like it when people accuse people of being "objectively obvscum".
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:38 am

Post by nancy »

Let me just assume you're Town here for a moment (your scum game should be mimicking your Town game anyway, so this advice would apply regardless of alignment). It's great that you've identified something you don't like, but you're not yet getting to the heart of the issue. How does X make someone scum? Why can X not occur when that person is Town? I've been saying this a lot this game, because it's very important when scumhunting to go beyond surface level and look for motivation. If you don't do this, you're just begging to be pocketed in every game you play. When you're reasoning through your reads, you have to go deeper than just like or dislike and try to put yourself in the perspective of whomever you're trying to read, then try to discern whether or not their behavior indicates one alignment over the other. Gut reactions like "I don't like this" are good, but they need to be explored and fleshed out. Following your feelings blindly will almost always lead you astray.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 453, nancy wrote:Let me just assume you're Town here for a moment (your scum game should be mimicking your Town game anyway, so this advice would apply regardless of alignment). It's great that you've identified something you don't like, but you're not yet getting to the heart of the issue. How does X make someone scum? Why can X not occur when that person is Town? I've been saying this a lot this game, because it's very important when scumhunting to go beyond surface level and look for motivation. If you don't do this, you're just begging to be pocketed in every game you play. When you're reasoning through your reads, you have to go deeper than just like or dislike and try to put yourself in the perspective of whomever you're trying to read, then try to discern whether or not their behavior indicates one alignment over the other. Gut reactions like "I don't like this" are good, but they need to be explored and fleshed out. Following your feelings blindly will almost always lead you astray.
Maybe it's just more of something that bothers me than something I should actually be scumreading people for.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by TesXX »

VOTE: Srceenplay
Hammered!
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 455, TesXX wrote:VOTE: Srceenplay
Hammered!
um what
it takes 5 to hammer
He's at L-2
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 455, TesXX wrote:VOTE: Srceenplay
Hammered!

April Fools' Nubs
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 454, TesXX wrote:Maybe it's just more of something that bothers me than something I should actually be scumreading people for.
I'm not even necessarily saying you
shouldn't
think it's scum indicative, I'm saying you should really dig in and explore it to figure out whether it is or not. Talk about it more if you need to, to get a better feel on it. That's what I'm trying to get out of you.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:55 am

Post by WhyMafia »

@nancy
Lots have happened since you last gave any definite reads. Can you re-affirm who you believe is suspicious/town to you?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:12 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 404, TesXX wrote:
Pine wrote:-I do not endorse Tracker-claiming: The whole point of BP-claiming is that it limits scum fakeclaiming opportunities without a drawback for Town. Having a Tracker claim is BEGGING for scum to roleblock or kill a major investigative role. Heavy suspicion of TesXX for suggesting this.
A tracker and a Mafia Roleblocker CANNOT co exist.
If there is a Tracker and no bulletproof
there is a doctor to protect the Tracker.
Also I believe Loopdan mentioned tracker claiming in .
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:29 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 395, Chronicle wrote: Has he been asking relevant questions? Has he been pushing the gamestate?
Might sound silly, but the fact that he makes a post(222), doesn't get a response within the next 3 hours, and proceeds to this:
In post 223, WhyMafia wrote:*Waves*
Anyone alive?
makes me believe he's pushing the game state and want feedback for his ideas/statements. As scum, he would probably gain more from just waiting instead? And it wouldn't look suspicious either.
In post 243, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 242, TesXX wrote: But he only made nine posts. What patterns did you see in his posts that made you TR him?
He made four game related posts. I also fail to see how one could tell if it's a town read after so little info, even if prior friends
In this post he "corrected" TesXX' response to nancy, by stating that Pine only made 4 posts that were game-related, which means he actually went back to check. Unless he and Pine are scumbuddies, I see it as potential scumhunting.
In post 299, WhyMafia wrote:Not only that, we gain far less info from a pine lynch
In post 411, WhyMafia wrote:He wanted to kill Pine of all people.
Well, he's very protective of Pine. Heh.
In post 206, WhyMafia wrote:Why are you so sure pine is town?
In post 222, WhyMafia wrote:I personally think pine is worth looking into -
Concidering he pushed him earlier on.
In post 395, Chronicle wrote:His questions always seem aimless and empty, and his posts are forgettable and have never stood out.
Well, I guess. But I don't see any great reads on him being scum either.
In post 394, Chronicle wrote:Not sure if I really agree on that Noodle read, I like noodle for town.
And thanks.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Chronicle »

Can't really find the motivation to look at recent posts, so I'll push that back a bit. For some reason I'm reading it but nothing is processing.
In post 451, nancy wrote:Missed this post. What do you think is scum indicative about being jumpy? Describe what scum being jumpy looks like to you, and why Town can't be jumpy? I don't agree with your characterization, btw, but I'm curious about what you're seeing in my posts.
But just to address this quickly, after getting some pressure your sudden big reaction seems out of nowhere(310, 314, 316 mainly). Read to me as being driven into a corner, because of how it contrasts to your play the rest of the day(which read as town: calm, responsive etc).

That, along with the whole wincon argument.

But I'm tired now, and honestly I don't like where my vote is right now. I only got off the WhyMafia wagon because it lacked support, and your wagon just sprung up + I wanted to see where the wincon argument went. Now with Srceenplay and his confusing mess of "I voted cuz he's not around to defend but don't want an easy lynch" and some other shit, I need to sit back and rethink my reads.

UNVOTE:

Srceen, WhyMafia and Tes are my preferred lynches as of now. Noodle and Cog are out of the question.

And I still need to make up my mind about Loop, Pine and nancy, though the first 2 lean town.

Also nancy/pine, still don't see Noodle being scum
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:46 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 462, Chronicle wrote:Can't really find the motivation to look at recent posts, so I'll push that back a bit. For some reason I'm reading it but nothing is processing.
In post 451, nancy wrote:Missed this post. What do you think is scum indicative about being jumpy? Describe what scum being jumpy looks like to you, and why Town can't be jumpy? I don't agree with your characterization, btw, but I'm curious about what you're seeing in my posts.
But just to address this quickly, after getting some pressure your sudden big reaction seems out of nowhere(310, 314, 316 mainly). Read to me as being driven into a corner, because of how it contrasts to your play the rest of the day(which read as town: calm, responsive etc).

That, along with the whole wincon argument.

But I'm tired now, and honestly I don't like where my vote is right now. I only got off the WhyMafia wagon because it lacked support, and your wagon just sprung up + I wanted to see where the wincon argument went. Now with Srceenplay and his confusing mess of "I voted cuz he's not around to defend but don't want an easy lynch" and some other shit, I need to sit back and rethink my reads.

UNVOTE:

Srceen, WhyMafia and Tes are my preferred lynches as of now. Noodle and Cog are out of the question.

And I still need to make up my mind about Loop, Pine and nancy, though the first 2 lean town.

Also nancy/pine, still don't see Noodle being scum
Chronicle nobody joined your wagon of me because you gave a naked vote, and didn't elaborate.

Also
Regarding Stealthy's post, I was only defending Pine bc lynching someone based on someone who is inactive is ridiculous. I also defended the person Cog replaced (albeit less so bc I was busy when they were trying to lynch him)
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:55 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^Yep I don't really find it scummy. Your reason seems pretty valid. Still I don't see the "Pine
of all people
"-bit. Is it because he's IC?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:56 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 464, StealthyNoodle wrote:^Yep I don't really find it scummy. Your reason seems pretty valid. Still I don't see the "Pine
of all people
"-bit. Is it because he's IC?
Oh that was being dramatic sorry xd
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:51 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 462, Chronicle wrote:
In post 346, nancy wrote: I don't get defensive as scum :P but which parts read as scum getting defensive?
She explains her meta and the you notice play style changed a little. Self aware meta can be manipulated.
In post 319, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 314, nancy wrote:I'm actually reading you as Town and the theory you're pushing here is pretty blatantly dumb and in ingorance of how partner interactions even work. If you want to scumread Pine for chainsawing you're more than welcome to but you're silly if you're conf!biasing on that so hard to manufacture a townread on an objectively obvscum slot just because it agrees with your misguided ideas about win-con. The mod hasn't intervened. Guess what that means? I'm not breaking any rules. I'm just pushing a philosophy. You don't like teaching and want gear up the game to churn out wins for newbies, go for it.
I'd rather focus on teaching and if I have the chance to royally fuck over a newbie like I do right now with Noodle I'm not going to because it won't be fun for him or anyone else.
I'm not going to play hard because I care about teaching. This is the newbie queue. Keep the tryhard for the normal queue.
Ok. I agree that trying to break setup in a newbie game is shitty. I don't think it should be the norm.

If you have "the chance" to push someone you should. I think the best way to learn is to be pushed or even screw up. You saying you don't want to sounds scumy to me. Like you know you have something to push but you don't want to because you know it's a lie. Because if that's the case I can understand your thought about it not being fun. Because no one wants to be pushed and told they are something they aren't.
I don't remember if this was ever responded to but it's what bugged me. Bragging about being able to take someone down but not doing it.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Srceenplay »

VOTE: Nancy
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:11 am

Post by CogMachine »

Loopdan! Can you believe I even forgot you were in this game?

That's because you have these insubstantial, uncontroversial opinions. They're there, but they aren't backed by any evidence, so they're easy to ignore. In fact your only vote has been for pine

Tell me, now that he's active again, who do you want to lynch today?

Also how long do we have left in the day?
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:50 am

Post by CogMachine »

In fact just for fun I was looking at your old games Loopdan. Just curious you know. Wanted to see if you were just shy or something. You don't strike me as shy though.

Where's the Loopdan from Newbie 1767 that so fearlessly pushed his targets. Who had strong scum accusations because he was town? Not really seeing you pushing lynches this game. Certainly not the level of scumhunting we saw in that game. But that's ok, you were BP that game! Lets look at a game where you aren't: Newbie 1746. Oh look, more strong opinions. Pushing. Not sitting on the BP claim train and doing little else.

Well, lets take a peek somewhere else. Looks like you're capable of long posts with opinions in them. And able to actually point at posts you find suspicious. In games where you're town that is.

Haven't seen much of that today Loopdan. Not much at all. I'm very keen to hear your reads and what evidence they're based on.

Very keen indeed.
CogMachine
CogMachine
Townie
CogMachine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 am

Post by CogMachine »

I'm bored.

People should post so we can get to lynching mafia.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:43 am

Post by TesXX »

My vote is on Srceen until he gives a good explanation as to why he contradicted himself.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 471, TesXX wrote:My vote is on Srceen until he gives a good explanation as to why he contradicted himself.
I don't think there's any logic to his statements. Then again, one doesn't have to be scum to contradict oneself.
His first statement was not a good one to begin with. If he realized that later on, why should I need to defend it?
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

why should
he
need to defend it*
lol
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 471, TesXX wrote:My vote is on Srceen until he gives a good explanation as to why he contradicted himself.
I don't feel as if I contradicted myself.
I made a statement.
Was asked about it.
Said I don't believe it.

I was fishing for responses.
I did not get any that warrented me to push on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”