Newbie 1779 | Spring | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 3.01

Not Voting
: ChrisOrmie, Icy, Dogwatch, oldwino, ThinkBig, Alisae
With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-04-16 13:00:00)

Last edited by PenguinPower on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<(") | (")>
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 am

Post by ThinkBig »

It's MyLo. Please do not recklessly vote or the mafia might be able to quickhammer.

MyLo stands for Mislynch-and-Lose. If we mislynch today, we will lose the game. It is imperative that we do not recklessly vote.

No lynch might be the best option today.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Alisae »

VOTE: Thinkbig
reckless voting.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Alisae »

UNVOTE:
jk
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Alisae »

In all seriousness I still SR ThinkBig because of Grey's play.
GTKAS
| here.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:01 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1454, Alisae wrote:In all seriousness I still SR ThinkBig because of Grey's play.
Just because of Grey's play?

If you focused just on my play so far, how would you read me?
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:10 am

Post by oldwino »

I think one, if not both of you, are scum and have thought so since the initial RC/Grey feud - distancing, etc. then Grey and RC both replacing out after a night of feuding in the scum PT. Or, at least, one of you are scum paired with a newbie who is hanging back, hiding. But I am not ready to vote, still need to reread and ISO, look at vote trends etc. And this weekend, lots of RLI and I need to get caught up in two games. And still deal with some serious RLI today and into the next week. So you two just keep on posting and give me and other something to think about.

TB, I see nothing of value, nothing scum hunting, in the very few posts you have made. And although we needed a hammer at the end of D2, you had declared Mastina town so your hammer didn't help sort out scum, if not you. Tended to make me continue to think you are scum. But hey, it's been a weird weekend and I'm a little under the vodka right now. Might as well toss a die, which is the way I am thinking of playing my next game.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am

Post by oldwino »

Bwelow is my post from a few real days ago, before the last lynch. I hypothesized an Alisae lynch (but Mastina's lynch works with the same logic) who flipped town. My scenario parallels TB's post today about maybe a no lynch is better than a mislynch. What do others think? If we can 90% identify scum today, yes lynch scum. But if we are unsure, does a no lynch improve our odds of surviving another day and a better chance of lynching scum on D4? Since I don't trust TB (Grey), maybe this logic sucks but I wondered about it previously, when I was sure Grey/Tb was scum. Now, maybe TB is town since this seems like a town-friendly idea. But hey, I'm naive here.
In post 1093, oldwino wrote:I've tried to figure out the logic of how many mislynches, or no lynches, we can afford and still possibly win. But this is the first time I've tried to figure this out and I haven't seen any explanations of it anywhere else. SO, anyone and everyone, please comment on this logic. This is all predicated on Dark, Icy, and me being town, which from my POV is the only way I can look at it now, even though I mostly trust Dog to be town and know some of you don't trust me and scum will want to discredit me if this logic is correct.

D2 we lynch Alisae (or anyone, I think) who flips town. 7 left, 5 and 2.
N2 scum kills Dark (or Icy, doesn't matter). 6 left, 4 and 2

D3 if we mislynch, no matter whom, Grey most likely will be the vote, and he flips town, 5 will be left, 3 T and 2S. Game over because
N3 scum kills any other townie and there are only 4 left, 2T and 2S and no way for town to lynch on D4 so game over after the D3 mislynch.

BUT if we follow this scenario and instead of lynching anyone on D3, with 6 left, and vote NO LYNCH, which the 4 remaining townies can do, then we are still at 4 and 2 going into N4.
N4 scum kills a townie, 5 left, 3T and 2S.

On D5 we still have a chance to lynch scum and win. Right?

If so, if my logic is correct, I say we lynch Alisae today (or anyone except Icy, Dark, or me, really) and then vote No Lynch on D3. All 4 townies vote No Lynch, the two scum are exposed. Of course, I think, one scum could vote NL and one townie would be left not voting along with the other scum and we're guessing on D5, but isn't that better than two mislynches? Or is my logic wrong?

Of course if we are right about Alisae, we're in better shape. And if Icy didn't lose her BP on N1, we're in better shape. And if Dark tracks the scum killer and doesn't get killed himself N2, we're in better shape.

What do you all think?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

If anyone wants to interogate me about things you are so welcome to do so.

TB I scumread you because your vote on me yesterday was shit and I feel like town!TB would have argued that I was just hardcore tunneling you. Instead you OMGUS'd me. Not to mention everything that comes out of your mouth just seems really fake. Also I hate how you twisted what happened in Witch Trials, you completely misrepresented how that game went down.
GTKAS
| here.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Icy »

If I were to vote today it would be Alisae.

If we vote No Lynch does the scum team have to kill someone?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:49 am

Post by Icy »

In post 1457, oldwino wrote:Below is my post from a few real days ago, before the last lynch. I hypothesized an Alisae lynch (but Mastina's lynch works with the same logic) who flipped town. My scenario parallels TB's post today about maybe a no lynch is better than a mislynch. What do others think? If we can 90% identify scum today, yes lynch scum. But if we are unsure, does a no lynch improve our odds of surviving another day and a better chance of lynching scum on D4? Since I don't trust TB (Grey), maybe this logic sucks but I wondered about it previously, when I was sure Grey/Tb was scum. Now, maybe TB is town since this seems like a town-friendly idea. But hey, I'm naive here.
In a regular game maybe, but in this game the scum team could just take a shot at me and town is in the same boat tomorrow. Aren't they?
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

In post 1454, Alisae wrote:In all seriousness I still SR ThinkBig because of Grey's play.
If you remove Grey from the slot, how does your read change?
In post 1459, Icy wrote:If I were to vote today it would be Alisae.

If we vote No Lynch does the scum team have to kill someone?
They don't have to but I think it'd be easy for them to take out the last confTown and then we go into the next day still in MYLO anyway.
In post 1460, Icy wrote:
In post 1457, oldwino wrote:Below is my post from a few real days ago, before the last lynch. I hypothesized an Alisae lynch (but Mastina's lynch works with the same logic) who flipped town. My scenario parallels TB's post today about maybe a no lynch is better than a mislynch. What do others think? If we can 90% identify scum today, yes lynch scum. But if we are unsure, does a no lynch improve our odds of surviving another day and a better chance of lynching scum on D4? Since I don't trust TB (Grey), maybe this logic sucks but I wondered about it previously, when I was sure Grey/Tb was scum. Now, maybe TB is town since this seems like a town-friendly idea. But hey, I'm naive here.
In a regular game maybe, but in this game the scum team could just take a shot at me and town is in the same boat tomorrow. Aren't they?
Exactly. If we'd taken out 1 scum already then a no-lynch wouldn't be a bad plan imo, but now it doesn't really help.
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 am

Post by DogWatch »

I think scum divided their votes between Mastina and ThinkBig yesterday to ensure at least one of them would be off the wagon.

Here are the possible scum teams, removing the confirmed Icy and myself from the equation:

Chris - oldwino
Chris - ThinkBig
Chris - Alisae
ThinkBig - Alisae
ThinkBig - oldwino
Alisae - oldwino

I no longer feel confident that ThinkBig is scum. He seemed to be the favorite fall-back lynch of pretty much everyone yesterday. So I will cross out the teams that include him.

Chris - oldwino
Chris - Alisae
Alisae - oldwino

I have been strongly town reading oldwino all game. I reserve the idea that he might be a very good actor, but he's also a newbie and I just don't see that to be the case. That leaves one team.

Chris - Alisae
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:57 am

Post by DogWatch »

In light of mastina's flip, many of Chris's posts look like serious attempts to discredit her. I also think he was reluctant to read me as obvtown early on because he wanted to set me up as lynchbait later.

I see that Icy and oldwino are preferring an Alisae lynch at this point. I'll go either way. Talk to me.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1462, DogWatch wrote:I have been strongly town reading oldwino all game. I reserve the idea that he might be a very good actor, but he's also a newbie and I just don't see that to be the case. That leaves one team.

Chris - Alisae
This is the team that I agree with. I hate how Chris came in and derailed the Alisae wagon. IIRC, Alisae was at L-1 or very close to L-1 when Chris replaced in. He immediately voted for Mastina.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Icy »

I'm like 80% Chris, 20% Dog, but believe OW is likely town. He was only scum if Mastina was scum.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:52 am

Post by DogWatch »

TB, which would you rather lynch right now?

Icy, are you saying you're 80% on Chris being scum?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1466, DogWatch wrote:TB, which would you rather lynch right now?

Icy, are you saying you're 80% on Chris being scum?
If I had my preference, Alisae.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:56 am

Post by DogWatch »

OK, that means everyone remaining except Chris has been openly willing to vote Alisae.

I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote, since I have some RL things going on later today and may not be able to sign in again for a while. If this is truly the scum team, then it will take all four of us to vote in sync and I do NOT want a no-lynch.

VOTE: Alisae
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Icy »

In post 1466, DogWatch wrote:Icy, are you saying you're 80% on Chris being scum?
Yes
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Icy »

TB you still want to hold off voting?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:12 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1470, Icy wrote:TB you still want to hold off voting?
I will vote later tonight when I get home. I'm at school right now.

Pseudo-vote: Alisae
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 3.02

Alisae
(2): Dogwatch, ThinkBig

Not Voting
: ChrisOrmie, Icy, oldwino, Alisae
With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-04-16 13:00:00)

<(") | (")>
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:21 am

Post by ThinkBig »

@MOd: That's a pseudo vote, not an actual vote

Bolded with "vote" and a player's name. I'm counting it as a vote. You may unvote if you wish.
-PP
Last edited by PenguinPower on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

Love how people are now highly suspicious of me, despite most of you agreeing yesterday on Mastina's play being scummy. Her flip surprised the hell out of me but I won't apologise for lynching someone who misrepped both myself and Ali, and put together a lynchplan that worked better for Scum than Town AND was based off 3 (yes THREE different assumptions that had little evidence to back them up. She was scummy as hell and I really don't understand why, as an IC and highly respected player, she'd play that way in a newbie game. Go back and re-read what she said and my rebuttals before saying my play was scummy. :lol:

@DogWatch - The thing I don't like about your scum pairings is you excluded yourself - now that's fine from your POV, but it's better play to include yourself and then explain why they are ruled out for other reasons than just "I know I'm Town". I also strongly dislike your quick vote on Ali - we have 13 days left and if you are town it only takes one more vote there before scum can quickhammer for the win. If you're gone until the deadline then casting an early vote is okay, otherwise it's bad play.

Right now I'm leaning on either TB or Dog. Really not seeing Ali doing anything scummy, instead mostly good posts from RC and Ali on that slot. Why is this most people's favourite lynch early today?

PEDIT:
Icy wrote:
In post 1466, DogWatch wrote:Icy, are you saying you're 80% on Chris being scum?
Yes
Interesting. You said you've been fairly sure I was town all of yesterday, why the switch?

PEDIT2: OMG, if the mod does count that vote then Ali can get hammered right now if you are both town... there are 13 fucking days left, get a vote off and stop throwing!
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”