Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18825 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 18806, MathBlade wrote:I was just bad :(

Like ugh :/

Like LUV is right I suck at mafia and LUV I can never read.

@LUV work for you?
In post 18819, MathBlade wrote:
In post 18814, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Lol Notice didn't attempt to derp tell <
Drixx wouldn't replace out as scum or gambit like that <
Ceasar isn't scum lolol <
lUV is an amazing Mafia God who I can never ever ever read.
M@LUV there you go

Translation I am sorry
lol it's okay Math I forgive <3

I'm just glad I stepped away from the keyboard when I did.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #18826 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Nahdia »

yeah also town not lynching RC for holstering the vig shot was... odd. i dont really see any town reason to not fire it, but i guess it was more obvious from an overheard perspective. i suppose after 750 pages you start getting pretty exhausted.

on balance, I had complaints that this was both townsided and scumsided. I think it ended up being a pretty good balance, though certainly swingy. There were some strong investigative roles coming up (kremlin was a cop with cheese, pentagon coulda caught some scum, the role cops in particular were very powerful) and town did a huge disservice to themselves by not passing World's Fair I think, because really they just denied themselves the opportunity to get those even if scum might have gotten some. i think i overestimated town's ability to coordinate somewhat. also just, the failure to lynch scum early gave them more ability to deny stuff late.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 18820, MariaR wrote:Luv let's just forever tr each other k friend it'll make life easy on both of us
I'm salty gerry self voted on me before I came back
Deaaaal!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #18828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Creature »

The more scum gets punished for losing members, the swingier it is.
Sigh
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Nahdia »

anyway. this game was a lot of fun to mod but also pretty god damn tiring. i made a couple mod errors i'm not proud of (details in the spoiled dead thread, if you care), but ill learn from them. not to mention that like, every single votecount on d1 had errors. i got better after that though. you guys were just going really damn fast on day 1.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #18830 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 18826, Nahdia wrote:yeah also town not lynching RC for holstering the vig shot was... odd. i dont really see any town reason to not fire it, but i guess it was more obvious from an overheard perspective. i suppose after 750 pages you start getting pretty exhausted.

on balance, I had complaints that this was both townsided and scumsided. I think it ended up being a pretty good balance, though certainly swingy. There were some strong investigative roles coming up (kremlin was a cop with cheese, pentagon coulda caught some scum, the role cops in particular were very powerful) and town did a huge disservice to themselves by not passing World's Fair I think, because really they just denied themselves the opportunity to get those even if scum might have gotten some. i think i overestimated town's ability to coordinate somewhat. also just, the failure to lynch scum early gave them more ability to deny stuff late.
Because I played it well enough. There's more to the game than simple mechanics. I was always going to pull that off today.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18831 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Nahdia »

so im thinking for my next game. instead of civilizations building wonders, you'll be renowned explorers searching for lost treasures. cause explorers are cool.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18832 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Nahdia »

let's see if we can get to 1000 pages next game, folks.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #18833 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by MariaR »

dear god no
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #18834 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Creature »

Try to give some town power that is better utilized the more scum is alive.
Sigh
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #18835 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:21 pm

oh and the game absolutely was townsided >.>
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18836 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 18835, RadiantCowbells wrote:oh and the game absolutely was townsided >.>
there existed a lot of potential for scum to get boxed in but i figured there would be some level of disorganization in the town preventing that from happening.

which is what happened.

i really don't think it was very townsided if at all. the parity cop and other investigative wonders had lots of potential counterplay to it (ascetic, multiple roleblockers, a framer, a dayvig...).

-Zaphkael, 2020
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #18837 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm

We had a rough time with the amount of town power while town grabbed a bunch of useless PRs and we kept our whole team alive.

If scum played slightly worse or lost any members early this would have been a roflstomp
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #18838 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by mastina »

I have to disagree, RC.
The game was swingy, but balanced.
It wasn't scumsided with five scum, given what type of roles were in the game and what town could have gotten had they made smarter decisions.
It wasn't townsided with the wonders the town had at their disposal, because the game started as mountainous (which hurts town) and the scum can and did stop the town from getting some of the roles which would have helped them win. We shut down the town's plans for an autowin, for instance.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #18839 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

RC, town was dumb. Seriously. Please stop with the ego for just a moment and admit that against competent opposition you NEVER get to use your vig the way you want to. Ever.

And, the game wasn't balanced particulary hard in either sides favor. People picked bad wonders, misused their wonders, and didn't pass the proper resolutions.

People shoulda just played better, and the game, on a mechanical level, would have worked in a balanced fashion.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #18840 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

Cerb you're good at this game.
I'm not good at this game.
What could I have done better?
GTKAS
| here.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18841 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i enjoyed the irony of town voting "nay" to the World's Fair wonder "so scum dont have the opportunity to deny us more good wonders" and then proceeded to lynch only people who claimed to have no wonder.

-Zaphkael, 2020
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #18842 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Cerb gtfo I'm just better than you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #18843 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by mastina »

Oh and I realize I haven't yet given my mad props to Nahdia.
So.
Mad props to Nahdia. This game was well-balanced. The mechanics were absolutely brilliant and largely original. The game really fit the theme well. Plus, this had to be play-wise one of the hardest games ever to have possibly modded--I don't think there's any moderator who could have handled it better than you did. Be proud of what you've accomplished. <3
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #18844 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

Guyz don't fight, we can atleast agree that I'm trash tier.
GTKAS
| here.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18845 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Nahdia »

We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've dayvigged you.
mastina wrote:Oh and I realize I haven't yet given my mad props to Nahdia.
So.
Mad props to Nahdia. This game was well-balanced. The mechanics were absolutely brilliant and largely original. The game really fit the theme well. Plus, this had to be play-wise one of the hardest games ever to have possibly modded--I don't think there's any moderator who could have handled it better than you did. Be proud of what you've accomplished. <3
I appreciate the praise, though I can't accept it without admitting to a few errors. I guess I'll air them out here, may as well.

The largest error had to do with Stonehenge. The version that made it onto the table in the Ancient Era was actually a previous rendition. The modified rendition also revealed the target's wonder in addition to their alignment. That version was in the PM which MathBlade & Titus got, but when they pointed it out to me I ended up having to go with what was announced publicly. Whoops.

There was also me forgetting to make the first Mausoleum of Halicarnassus topic for a few hours (sorry Alisae). Also I forgot to include attempted builds in the flips for KidAmn and Maxous until I was reminded the next day, which resulted in scum not knowing for sure during the night that the Hanging Gardens was indeed definitely built (didn't end up mattering much because they sniped Maxous who had it built).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #18846 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

Nat it's fine it wasn't a big loss.
GTKAS
| here.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18847 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Also, the Classical Era opener had multiple spelling errors which Pine kindly pointed out to me. Whoops. After that happened, I had the spoiled dead thread proof read the rest of them. Good people, those dead folks.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18848 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 18826, Nahdia wrote:yeah also town not lynching RC for holstering the vig shot was... odd. i dont really see any town reason to not fire it, but i guess it was more obvious from an overheard perspective. i suppose after 750 pages you start getting pretty exhausted.

I think ever since the Titus hydra I just eat drank and breathed stupidity.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18849 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 18843, mastina wrote:Oh and I realize I haven't yet given my mad props to Nahdia.
So.
Agreed :D
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”