Almost Chara
(2): ThinkMomo , Drealmerz
Tea and Biscuits
(2): Empking , Commander Shepard
Wraith
(2): Tea and Biscuits , Infinity 324

Not Voting
(3): Pine, Prism , Shaddowez

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day one ends Monday, April 10th at 6pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-04-10 18:00:00)

Mod Notes:
I've given up on getting pagetops lol
At least there were no vote changes! :)

Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

In post 974, Prism wrote:Actually I take that back I really like Empking this game, I still have to ground that but it's apparent to me from my glance over that he's playing much differently than he did in Sakura Wars, where he played really poorly as scum. Whenever I read his posts I actually agree, whereas in Sakura Wars they left me scratching my head wondering why he'd go for that angle (as we were scum together)

Posts like #385 and #702 read very genuinely to me.
Link to Sakura Wars?
Also good point on those posts.

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Commander Shepard »

In post 959, Almost Chara wrote:Shepard. it was a grammar slip. not a Freudian slip. and you aren't
listening to that simple fact
, nor even entertaining it, which is why players are getting frustrated and not listening to you.

actual scumslips are accidentally revealing knowledge only scum would know. accidentally posting in the wrong thread. accidentally messing up a claim and revealing the lie. not mixing up two words that are typed so often and in such quantities in a mafia game that it's very easy to slip.
~Chara
This! This is what I was asking for.

Why can't people do this?

*sigh*

Gut still says you are scum and it still says that was a true post before the edit but this is something I can at least somewhat accept. Like why do people just have to say I suck because player X sucks and we think you are player X so your reads auto suck instead of just this?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Kinda sad it comes from a top tier scumread though.

VOTE: Unvote

Prism,Wraith, and Empking are my top townreads.

Prism you have my vote even if it is on me.

Where do you want it?

I still scumread AC and T&B but I won't be listened to sooooo
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by nancy »

Sorry I truly cannot play.

{CS}
{Infin, T&B}
{AC, Emp, TM}
{Wraith}
{}
{Pine, Prism}
{dreal, TWC}
{RC}

Mod replace me.

UNVOTE:
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

You will be missed nancy!

Searching for a replacement now.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by The Wood Cutters »

That was the most fucking town replace out I've seen.
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Oh noes. Thanks for leaving us a readslist though. I hope things are better for you in other games!

What Chara said there is sort-of what everyone's been trying to say but Chara just explained it really well. Glad you finally understand, Shepard. I'm sorry if it felt like people were dismissing you unreasonably.

-- Postie
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:50 pm

:( :( Bye nancy. You seem nice. I will miss you.

Meh. Moving on sounds good.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

did i explain it that well? i was just frustrated and ended up being more prickly than i wanted to be, rereading it now. apologies, Shepard.

i'm not entirely caught up on the pages from today, so i'll do that.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Teh hi
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nothing else to say except that prism's case on AC is continuing to feel like a stretch, and possibly a scummy one. He seems to be picking on weird stuff that is just not AI.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:35 am

I'm back. I'm on Page 11, so I imagine catch up will take quite a while, hence if you have anything for me, let me know.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 am

In post 285, Wraith wrote:* Again I'm super-skeptical of Infinity's Miller claim. It was totally unprompted, but that means nothing when it comes to Miller claims - it could just as easily be scum trying to preemptively justify an investigation result as it could be town preemptively attempting to dispel uncertainty. But his flavor claim (Edward V) makes absolutely no sense IMO. Richard III would make much more sense for a Miller. Miller also seems like a very unusual pick for a Mini, unless it's only part of the role.
You've stated twice now that a Miller is an unusual pick for a Mini which isn't the case and isn't actually something that I understand; can you explain your reasoning behind this? I don't understand why you added the bit about the claim being unprompted but that meaning absolutely nothing.

Your "his flavor claim makes no sense!" attack also makes absolutely no sense (your alternative for a "good" miller claim is a king that probably murdered his brother which is less miller material and more scum material whereas "not being crowned but still being a king" makes infinitely more sense for a miller claim but you haven't tried to address this in the least bit")

The majority of your content otherwise is "this post is horrible! i like this post!". My expectation would be that there would be a few things that you'd comment on and dive deeper than the most surface level possible.
In post 313, Prism wrote:I also made no attempt to pass them off as something more or, more importantly, something that people would agree with. My push on Chara I especially expected to be the only one to feel this way.
And this is where we disagreed. I'm not sure that there's anything more we can move forward with in regards to this particular point.
In post 313, Prism wrote:I think this is a puzzling mischaracterization, in the sense that it's one that you had no reason to make. Specifically, while I was this way during Sakura Wars, you've repeatedly seen that I think of my play in terms of utility first, artistry second, and have explicitly acknowledged that I do not mind dying at all, even preferring it that way, as scum.
You are probably misunderstanding the statement I made about your play there - scum players who dislike sticking their neck out are very much utility first, artistry second players (they are less likely to take risks that don't have a bright shiny reward sitting at the end of the tunnel whereas artistry first, utility second players are more willing to take high risk high reward moves), and being unwilling to stick your neck out has absolutely nothing to do with a willingness to die. What did you think I was saying here?
In post 313, Prism wrote:I expected you to be expectant of me, but elements of these interactions are a puzzle to me in the sense that a range of them are overblown, but only a certain fraction of them seem purposely so rather than all, and discerning which ones those are is difficult.
Is there a characterization of you that was inaccurate that you didn't cover in this spurt of posting?
The "I didn't expect people to believe my case" isn't something that's immediately obvious; you posted a sizeable wall, you went in depth, you sold the read.
The using activity as a point against you was a bad interpretation yes, but I don't think that it's a particularly unreasonable one unless you expect me to be aware of your schedule.
The "sticking your neck out" point is a point where you're either completely confused as to what I'm saying or I'm completely confused as to what you're rebuttal is saying.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 am

The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:23 am

In post 317, Tea and Biscuits wrote:It feels like you're trying to find something to nitpick for the sake of it, allowing you to criticise Infinity without having to commit to a real push on him.
So, I suppose I understand this argument. I don't understand the strength of it.
Wraith seems to be looking for something to nitpick for nitpicking's sake, allowing him to drift along in the game without having to commit to a real push period. I don't understand why Wraith not wanting to push Infinity means they're scumbuddies - it might also mean that he's reluctant to open himself up to criticism to that degree, it might also mean that he's testing the waters before making a sizeable post (before, Infinity was the only person he felt comfortable talking about, then I started attacking his criticism of the miller claim and then suddenly Infinity isn't a significant read at all).
In post 323, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Scum!Wraith can call out scum!Infinity for faking a miller claim.
If this was the case, I don't think his criticism of it would be so transparently horrible.
In post 334, Wraith wrote:How strange it is that T&B is shifting to attacking me immediately after I shifted against him, but his avenue of attack completely ignores my most recent posts where I changed my view on Infinity.
Except... this didn't happen.
A large part of Postie's push against you was based on you nitpicking against Infinity but having no intention of following through with an actual push, which your new viewpoint supports pretty solidly.
In post 356, Infinity 324 wrote:This continued "nacho will scumread this" posting kind of bothers me
The "Nacho will scumread this" posting is probably the posting I've liked the most, oddly enough.
In post 361, Prism wrote:Wraith's reaction to the miller claim was really good, even if I disagree with it:
Can you explain where you're coming from with this?
Why is Wraith's reaction to the miller claim any sort of good and why hasn't my attack on Wraith factored in your read on me at all?
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:30 am

So what does Miller do?
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 am

If a cop investigates a miller, they return a guilty result despite the fact that the miller is aligned with the Town.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:45 am

Is there anything that I can do to help you get a little more engaged in the game, Superjack?
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 am

<3 that's good. I should be back into it more. Just been feeling run down recently.

Is it just Sheriff it confuses? What about corner, or invest?
What about when it flips?
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:49 am

It doesn't confuse anything but cop, and when it flips, it flips as a Miller.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 am

In post 994, Tea and Biscuits wrote:<3 that's good. I should be back into it more. Just been feeling run down recently.

Is it just Sheriff it confuses? What about corner, or invest?
What about when it flips?
Sorry to hear about being run down, I've been feeling sort of similarly lately (not sure if it's based on not getting enough sleep/not eating enough or what but I started working the night shift at work and have been pretty solidly drained since my body just isn't used to it yet). Has Postie talked to you about her reads recently? If so, what do you think about them?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Don't know what those roles do but it just confuses normal cop (or sheriff). Flips as town miller.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:02 am

In post 379, Infinity 324 wrote:Nacho, what do you think about wraith being different from OotS?
Wraith being different from OotS and his usual towngames is one of the things that are standing out to me in particular. For one, the way he's approaching scumhunting this game (in particular his viewpoint on you) is different from how I've seen him approach the game in the past - there's been nothing in his posts that show him working through his paranoia, he just has a couple of vague and absolutely horrible reasons to doubt your claim and then he says he feels OK about you because "activity" (extremely shallow read), and the rest of the reads he gives are just opinions; there isn't anything that shows him doing anything but going through the motions and that's a far cry from the Wraith as town that I've seen before.

Now, a degree of this (in particular the going through the motions bit) could just be from burnout/loss of stamina, but the treatment of you still hasn't really been explained to my satisfaction and that treatment of you being something that's incredibly unnatural regardless of whether he's burnt out or not is why it's remained such a sticking point for me.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:10 am

Does that make sense or is it now completely useless?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”