Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2998, Accountant wrote:
In post 2994, Umlaut wrote:No
true
Scotsman can deny what is self-evident.
What was the point behind this post?
The content of your theory is that anyone "with eyes" can see the truth of your axioms, but you render this unfalsifiable by saying that if someone doesn't see their truth this suffices to show they are "without eyes." This is the No True Scotsman fallacy.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2999, Umlaut wrote:How is Achilles not already doing what you recommend?
Humans (or tortoises) will not do stuff like that just because you ask them. You have to go through a proper re-education process, put him in a center, apply social, physical and mental pressure and so on until he thinks the same way you do. It is very weak and lazy to just go "DO IT" and then act surprised that the person is not re-educated.

This isn't achilles' fault; he does not have the infrastructure or knowledge to do this. but it does explain why his re-education attempts are pathetic at best.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 3000, Umlaut wrote:The content of your theory is that anyone "with eyes" can see the truth of your axioms, but you render this unfalsifiable by saying that if someone doesn't see their truth this suffices to show they are "without eyes." This is the No True Scotsman fallacy.
Many parts of the correct path have been proven unrealistic or logically fallacious. Yet nobody has explained to me why this is bad.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:46 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 3002, Accountant wrote:
In post 3000, Umlaut wrote:The content of your theory is that anyone "with eyes" can see the truth of your axioms, but you render this unfalsifiable by saying that if someone doesn't see their truth this suffices to show they are "without eyes." This is the No True Scotsman fallacy.
Many parts of the correct path have been proven unrealistic or logically fallacious. Yet nobody has explained to me why this is bad.
utopia's are supposed to be perfect. If there is an error, it is no longer perfect, thus, you have to get rid of the errors.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

A claim can't be logically fallacious, only an argument can be logically fallacious.

An argument with a logical fallacy is not orderly, therefore you should already understand that it's bad. Have you failed to apply correct morality?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 3003, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:utopia's are supposed to be perfect. If there is an error, it is no longer perfect, thus, you have to get rid of the errors.
Can you explain why something being logically fallacious is necessarily an error?

Also, the fallacious argument isn't part of utopia, since the fallacious argument is an argument about a type of person that does not exist in utopia.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 3004, Umlaut wrote:An argument with a logical fallacy is not orderly, therefore you should already understand that it's bad. Have you failed to apply correct morality?
How is the argument asymmetrical?

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Shaziro »

How can the correct path be real if our eyes aren't real?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3007, Shaziro wrote:How can the correct path be real if our eyes aren't real?
Checkmate
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 3007, Shaziro wrote:How can the correct path be real if our eyes aren't real?
The premise of the question is incoherent. There's no such thing as being "real" when it comes to a concept.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 14880, Accountant wrote:Wait.
any act, speech, words, publication or other thing shall not be deemed to be seditious by reason only that it has a tendency —
(c) to persuade the citizens of Singapore or the residents in Singapore to attempt to procure by lawful means the alteration of any matter in Singapore;
Isn't this the case? I usually promote education and peaceful transfer of power over violent revolt, except in the most extreme cases.
It doesn't matter if you usually promote education and peaceful transfer of power, you also promote violent revolt if the former doesn't work, which immediately drops it back into illegal.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Shaziro »

It's the equivalent of "I usually don't shoplift, unless I really can't afford the thing after a while, in which case I just steal the one thing."
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

Unless the correct path says that shoplifting the thing is the only path to utopia*

And if it was illegal, why aren't I arrested yet?

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Just because something is illegal does not mean it is instantly enforced. It is illegal for people to kill other people, but people get away with murder all the time.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

When the police show up, just tell them that you can't be guilty because you haven't been arrested yet.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3013, Shaziro wrote:Just because something is illegal does not mean it is instantly enforced. It is illegal for people to kill other people, but people get away with murder all the time.
I would never murder someone, because it's illegal.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3015, Accountant wrote:
In post 3013, Shaziro wrote:Just because something is illegal does not mean it is instantly enforced. It is illegal for people to kill other people, but people get away with murder all the time.
This response has literally nothing to do with what Shaziro said
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Murder isn't illegal?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3016, Not_Mafia wrote:
Yes it does. Shaziro argues that my speech amounts to sedition, which is illegal. I argue that I would never do anything illegal, because I am righteous, and offer the fact that I have not been charged as doing something illegal in a court of law to support that fact.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3017, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Murder isn't illegal?
It is.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

No, it's not at all.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3020, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:No, it's not at all.
It is.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Prove it.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

"the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another."

literally says unlawful right there

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3018, Accountant wrote:
In post 3016, Not_Mafia wrote:
Yes it does. Shaziro argues that my speech amounts to sedition, which is illegal. I argue that I would never do anything illegal, because I am righteous, and offer the fact that I have not been charged as doing something illegal in a court of law to support that fact.
Not a counterargument to what he said

Return to “General Discussion”