[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by nancy »

Back from V/LA. Sorry I'm still pretty worn out (the reason I went on V/LA) so my contributions won't be up to where I'd like them to be but I'm around again. Just ftr this will likely be last solo game on MS, at least for a long time. Kind of fitting for Pine to be here for it, since he was IC in my newbie game when I first came to site.

In post 529, WhyMafia wrote:I am honesty confused at this point
Nobody was talking so I made a joke
Hammer me
When my flip is revealed, I think it will be pretty obvious who is scum
This is a really terrible attitude if you're Town WM and doesn't help anybody. If you're scum then sure, play the apathy card and pretend not to care about getting lynched. It's transparently poor play by either alignment and if you actually cared about finding scum you wouldn't be asking to be lynched while sitting back doing nothing, you'd be hunting on your wagon. Please eradicate this from your playbook.

In post 582, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 557, TesXX wrote:In case you're wondering, the "go ahead and lynch me" gambit probably doesn't work as well as you think it does.
Oh! I'm being perfectly honest. Lynching me gives info does it not? After all, what kind of scum would defend a bad member of town?
No. Just no. Info lynches are NEVER good. Info lynches are the plague. Do. Not. Ever. Lynch. For. Info. It is comprehensively BAD play and should be vehemently opposed by anyone with Town's best interests at heart. Town lynches scum. Period end of story. "Less expensive" lynches are also a big fat no. You should be focused on lynching scum, not lynching someone for information or because they rolled VT.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 600, nancy wrote:Back from V/LA. Sorry I'm still pretty worn out (the reason I went on V/LA) so my contributions won't be up to where I'd like them to be but I'm around again. Just ftr this will likely be last solo game on MS, at least for a long time. Kind of fitting for Pine to be here for it, since he was IC in my newbie game when I first came to site.

In post 529, WhyMafia wrote:I am honesty confused at this point
Nobody was talking so I made a joke
Hammer me
When my flip is revealed, I think it will be pretty obvious who is scum
This is a really terrible attitude if you're Town WM and doesn't help anybody. If you're scum then sure, play the apathy card and pretend not to care about getting lynched. It's transparently poor play by either alignment and if you actually cared about finding scum you wouldn't be asking to be lynched while sitting back doing nothing, you'd be hunting on your wagon. Please eradicate this from your playbook.

In post 582, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 557, TesXX wrote:In case you're wondering, the "go ahead and lynch me" gambit probably doesn't work as well as you think it does.
Oh! I'm being perfectly honest. Lynching me gives info does it not? After all, what kind of scum would defend a bad member of town?
No. Just no. Info lynches are NEVER good. Info lynches are the plague. Do. Not. Ever. Lynch. For. Info. It is comprehensively BAD play and should be vehemently opposed by anyone with Town's best interests at heart. Town lynches scum. Period end of story. "Less expensive" lynches are also a big fat no. You should be focused on lynching scum, not lynching someone for information or because they rolled VT.
Oh
Well
Erm
This places me in a conomdrum. When you have time, can you place your opinion on me, chronicle, and screen?
Thanks for the tips though guys xd
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 590, CogMachine wrote:Looks like the nancy wagon has dissipated.

I'm concerned that there's only one real wagon, thats usually a pointer that mafia aren't on the chopping block.
This is a kinda true, but not at all a good reason to dislike a wagon. Consensus wagons can and do happen on scum and you need to look at the bigger picture to really decide whether or not you like the current state of wagons or not. Take the WM wagon for instance. WM let off a bunch of anti-town AtE when getting wagoned and there are a few vanity wagons, with you and src both resisting it and now src pushing off it. You can never get a good picture just by seeing only one large wagon and deciding that therefore scum are happy with the situation, i.e., it's a mislynch, you have to look at thread activity and how people are treating the wagon and interacting with other slots while the wagon is happening. If WM were to flip scum, there would be some clear partner interactions to be taken note of here in finding their scumpartner.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 601, WhyMafia wrote:Oh
Well
Erm
This places me in a conomdrum. When you have time, can you place your opinion on me, chronicle, and screen?
Thanks for the tips though guys xd
I think that your push on Chronicle is gross and it makes me want to vote you but I do at least get the feeling that you believe in it, which is good. I think src joining your wagon when he's scumreading you is even more gross. I think Chronicle is the towniest slot in this game and I have no idea why it's getting wagoned but I'm also not at all going to try to stop it. The only way I can see Chronicle being scum is with Pine, which isn't something I'm going to start conf!biasing on Day 1.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 601, WhyMafia wrote:This places me in a conomdrum.
What conundrum are you referring to?

@src talk to me about 595 please. Why do you not care about being on a wagon with WM? Why are you wagoning Chronicle? You appear to be scumreading both WM and Chronicle, yet abandon the larger WM wagon to join WM in forming a new Chronicle wagon. Why? What are your reads?

VOTE: srceenplay
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 603, nancy wrote:The only way I can see Chronicle being scum is with Pine
Why?

Also still waiting on your explanation of your pine TR.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 604, nancy wrote:

@src talk to me about 595 please. Why do you not care about being on a wagon with WM? Why are you wagoning Chronicle? You appear to be scumreading both WM and Chronicle, yet abandon the larger WM wagon to join WM in forming a new Chronicle wagon. Why? What are your reads?

Agreed on that's gross
I'm actually incredulous that he's being that obvious

Can you explain your chronicle read?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

Bc I seem like I'm scum
I realize how bad this looks now, but I kinda used a tos strat :/
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^I'm pretty certain you're not scum
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 605, Loopdan wrote:
In post 603, nancy wrote:The only way I can see Chronicle being scum is with Pine
Why?

Because I'm TRing Chronicle and yet there are some pretty convincing associatives. As for Pine, I already explained my TR there as it stood before. As it turns out, I'm /still/ TRing Pine, because if you don't Townread the slot that produces I don't know what to say to you. May I ask why you're pressing me for explanation when I have produced something like ten times as much content as you this game?

In post 607, WhyMafia wrote:Bc I seem like I'm scum
Er what do you mean you seem like you're scum? You mean you think you look objectively like scum? What strat are you referring to?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:24 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 606, WhyMafia wrote:

Agreed on that's gross
I'm actually incredulous that he's being that obvious

Can you explain your chronicle read?
I have Cronicle as a null town. When the point about him not do to much came up it made me think why is he a null-town. If anything he should just be null. I thought maybe he is just trying to sneak by. So, let's see what happens.

As for voting the same as WM. Why not? I scum read him ya, but I don't know for sure. I was founding to give the benifit of the doubt and try to look someplace as not as obvious. Then he post like this and solidify the read again. Maybe he's like a Momo??
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 584, WhyMafia wrote:@Chronicle what post number did you give reasoning
what the fuck I just brought it up in , but my brief Noodle read came way back in

what

the

fuck
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:49 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 585, WhyMafia wrote:Reaction fishing .. what a common excuse

So .. what made you want to "reaction fish" me. After all, "I never run away from explaining my thoughts"
Lol what makes you think you're special, I naked voted a lot of people.

And if you think I'm not explaining something enough, just tell me.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:49 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 588, StealthyNoodle wrote:I agree that Chronicle has been really sure of me being town. He doesn't seem to be concerned at all, that I might be going behind everyone's back, dodging votes(except for nancy's and Pine's which really lack any explanation for now). Why are you so sure I'm town Chronicle, and who do you find most likely to be scum atm?

Sorry for not posting detailed reads yet. I'll get to it.
WhyMafia, obviously
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Chronicle »

Also you're not really going behind everybody's backs, as you've said. Pine and nancy have scumreads on you, and I think Srceenplay too? I'm just waiting for their cases, but I'm pretty confident in you being town.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 598, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 596, StealthyNoodle wrote:Well ignore this part, I see now that you already explained yourself a couple of times on that matter.
oh
I was blind?
Can you give me post numbers?
yes, you are blind.

and also scum.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:54 am

Post by Chronicle »

Why?

And that read on Noodle.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:59 am

Post by nancy »

Chronicle what kind of experience do you have with forum mafia?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:00 am

Post by Chronicle »

In post 617, nancy wrote:Chronicle what kind of experience do you have with forum mafia?
None. I've played IRL and chatmafia though. Sup?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 am

Post by nancy »

In post 610, Srceenplay wrote:I have Cronicle as a null town. When the point about him not do to much came up it made me think why is he a null-town. If anything he should just be null. I thought maybe he is just trying to sneak by. So, let's see what happens.
Chronicle has produced quite a bit of content. Why do you have a null read on the slot? What do you mean by trying to sneak by?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Chronicle »

Nancy you have WM as town?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:03 am

Post by nancy »

In post 618, Chronicle wrote:
In post 617, nancy wrote:Chronicle what kind of experience do you have with forum mafia?
None. I've played IRL and chatmafia though. Sup?
Because my TR on you is essentially founded on the assumption that you have little to no experience with mafia and wouldn't be able to mimic Town play to the extent that you would have to be here to be scum.

pedit townlean.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:04 am

Post by nancy »

In post 616, Chronicle wrote:And that read on Noodle.
I'm not scumreading Noodle anymore.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Chronicle »

That doesn't help me with understanding why you scumread him in the first place, or why you no longer scumread him
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 609, nancy wrote:
Why?

Because I'm TRing Chronicle and yet there are some pretty convincing associatives. As for Pine, I already explained my TR there as it stood before. As it turns out, I'm /still/ TRing Pine, because if you don't Townread the slot that produces I don't know what to say to you. May I ask why you're pressing me for explanation when I have produced something like ten times as much content as you this game?

In post 607, WhyMafia wrote:Bc I seem like I'm scum
Er what do you mean you seem like you're scum? You mean you think you look objectively like scum? What strat are you referring to?
The one where I ask to be lynched. It's meant to show I am perfectly fine with being lynched (something scum wouldn't be on d1). I realized that tos is not equivalent to forum mafia :p

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”