Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:04 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 647, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 644, Keyser Söze wrote:but I think if he has made no post by the 11th, a replacement is needed. Then his replacement has adequate time to catch-up with the game.
I can do this if people wants to. I need opinions :)
Agree
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Ircher »

Scum have daytalk. It's in the rules.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

"Outting the serums has nothing to do with scum hunting but lets just do it guys"

Of course one could argue that she wouldn't blatantly rolefish like that but why would a town her press so hard for something that doesn't aid in scum hunting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 669, Keyser Söze wrote:You didn't list the player you had the biggest scum-case on (WhemeStar).
so? You thought my case on him was bad and that he was a mislynch. Shouldn't you be glad that I'm rethinking?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:08 am

Post by zakk »

In post 629, Ramcius wrote:i find amusing people asking for other factions powers, but not revealing their own

Also, zakk, you say mafia might try get in faction they are not in atm, if any, to learn their power, so you instead telling we should just give this info to them for free? Revealing today makes no sense, we can wait till D2 and reveal then, if we decide that it's important to know that info for everybody
In all likelihood, scum *already have* this info. Read the bolded in my post discussing this. Revealing now will give us just the same amount of info they probaably already have. Trust me if I was scum I would not be putting this disparity of potentially public, undeniably useful information on blast. I'd tell my scumbuddies to shut up about it until at least D2, when the info would no longer be actionable.

Indeed, if this info is NOT shared by Day 1, then it's almost moot, because we can't change anything after that. The whole point of revealing it now is so that we can strategize, with the same level of information that the scum has.

And the reason I haven't revealed my own faction's ability yet is because I'm not a loose cannon or a dick. I have good ideas, but I still try to get majority consent first. Again, the fact that people are generally suspicious of this idea is good, and it should be a towntell for both me AND you, because if it was a scum idea you could bet your ass that I'd have discussed this with my buddies and had it set up so that at least one of them could marginally back me up on the idea. I already did present this idea in passing in my the Abnegation topic.
In post 633, Nero Cain wrote:Zakk how does know each groups serums help you find scum at all?
It's mostly a non sequitur. I clearly stated the benefits it would have. We would get up to speed with info that scum already has, which strengthens town group knowledge considerably, while leaving scum with no (or only slightly) more info than before.

Scum has day talk. They can plan based on this info. We can't, because we don't HAVE this info. I'm just saying we should share the wealth.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 676, Ircher wrote:Scum have daytalk. It's in the rules.
Oh lovely this proves my point even more
In post 677, Nero Cain wrote:"Outting the serums has nothing to do with scum hunting but lets just do it guys"

Of course one could argue that she wouldn't blatantly rolefish like that but why would a town her press so hard for something that doesn't aid in scum hunting?
Let me dumb this down for you.
-Let's say all scum are in 3 out of 5 hoods they now know 3 out of 5 serums Town knows 1 out of 5 serums
-Tonight scum can move to the last 2 hoods and they now know 5 out of 5 serums Town can move and at most know 2 out of 5 serums.
-If we out the serums now we can plan what to do with them
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:09 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

“Human reason can excuse any evil; that is why it's so important that we don't rely on it.”

VOTE COUNT
VOTE COUNT 1.12

[5] momo:
Not_Mafia, zakk, Srceenplay, PenguinPower, WhemeStar,
[3] Not_Mafia:
Aristophanes, Ramcius, momo,
[3] zakk:
Creature, Mewtaph,
[2] Elena Fisher:
Nero Cain, Ircher,
[2] Radiant Moonlight:
BTD6_maker, Transcend,
[1] WhemeStar:
alban,
[1] Ircher:
Elena Fisher,
[1] Keyser Söze:
Radiant Moonlight,

NOT VOTING:
rb, shos, Keyser Söze,

MOD NOTES:
momo is the leading wagon. rb is V/LA for the next 2 days. His V/LA will end in April 8. BTD6_maker is V/LA until April 14th. Titus head V/LA until monday.

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Day One will end in
(expired on 2017-04-19 00:05:00)
Last edited by keyenpeydee on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:10 am

Post by Radiant Moonlight »

In post 625, zakk wrote:
In post 595, momo wrote:Can those from other factions list their ability.....
In post 596, Ircher wrote:No, that gives scum more info.

It's like asking everyone to massclaim.
Trump WRONG.gif

It's likely that there's scum in most (if not all) of the factions already. Since they already know most/all of what's going on, they know exactly what they don't know, and will know who needs to change to what faction tonight, to get control of what power, most likely.

If they don't know all the powers, they can either switch one to the powers they don't know tonight, to know what they are up against (a gamble, but well worth it imo) OR they can take stock of what they know, and try to stack the faction with the power they find most useful, and gain a majority there.

Therefore, if we ALL know the powers that the factions have, then we are slightly closer to removing the benefit that the scum have, in terms of information and prior planning.

Each of us only know 1 faction power.
The scum team potentially know all five.

Let's *share* our info, and help to make ourselves a slightly-less-uninformed majority, by sharing knowledge and balancing the scales somewhat.
There is no certainty of that. Announcing the information day 1 allows scum to plan. While I know there is likely scum in our hood, there's no requirement for the likely scenario to be used. If scum know all the capabilities, they can reposition themselves.

We should just keep our mouths shut and stay where we are barring a huge reason to shift.

~Titus
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2, keyenpeydee wrote:The choosing ceremony will be held at the start of Night One and
lasts until the end of Night One.
If I'm reading this correctly, players are not in their new factions until d2. So if scum aren't in every hood then they don't know what all the serums are. I don't see a reason why that information should be revealed.

Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

Unless everyone is staying in their own hood and not moving we have 0 reason to not out them today/ tomorrow
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 683, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2, keyenpeydee wrote:The choosing ceremony will be held at the start of Night One and
lasts until the end of Night One.
If I'm reading this correctly, players are not in their new factions until d2. So if scum aren't in every hood then they don't know what all the serums are. I don't see a reason why that information should be revealed.
Because they will know by the end of night one where town won't so why give scum that advantage
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Ircher »

You are assuming scum move -- what if they would prefer to not move? What if there is less than 5 scums? @Elena
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 am

Post by zakk »

In post 648, Elena Fisher wrote:Outting the faction powers is a fine idea because scum most likely have one in each to start and if they don't they can just move there to see what the power is
This is what I said in my factional topic, but Mewtaph was quick to point out that the mod topics say that the birth factions were *randomized* at first, which heavily implies that they might not have a mole in every single faction, yet, obviously, it's a very fair bet that they have moles in at least 3 or 4, probability-wise.

Though I find it odd that you agree with this, given your suspicions of me.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 am

In post 639, Nero Cain wrote:He's active sitewide and the mod is not listing him as V/la.
Active site wide but not here is a little *side eye*
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 664, Elena Fisher wrote:We have
Hood 1*
Hood 2**
Hood 3**
Hood 4
Hood 5
Let's say it's 5 scum and * shows how many scum in each hood scum know 3 of the serums while town only know 1 each (each player) N1 scum move to hood 4 and 5 and now know all 5 serums and can plan on what to do with each while town at most knows 2
first, there is no guarantee scums will get in factions they want, second, how scums would take control of serums? I know just my factions serum, and 1 scum can't just overtake serum, third, why out serums today? Why we can't tomorrow, after mafia had to take actions to learn them and are locked in new factions, if had to move? And lastly, how knowing serums will help you or anyone else? Would you take commands from non-faction people how to use your faction serum?
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:13 am

Post by zakk »

In post 650, Ramcius wrote:
In post 645, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 642, Keyser Söze wrote:A lynch on rb would give us no information
I don't agree with this 100%. Like the idea of lynching for max "information" seems stupid to me. One should be trying to lynch scum not what wagon will/won't give them "information". RBs v/la ends tomorrow. I expect to start seeing things from him.
so how you know rb is scum? If you going lynch randomly, you should pick someone with associations to work with after flip, not someone with 0 posts
Completely agree with ram. Nero is just being dumb.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 688, Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 639, Nero Cain wrote:He's active sitewide and the mod is not listing him as V/la.
Active site wide but not here is a little *side eye*
THANK YOU!

Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 686, Ircher wrote:You are assuming scum move -- what if they would prefer to not move? What if there is less than 5 scums? @Elena
5 scum seems logical with 20 people unless scum are super op Also why wouldn't scum move to collect new info it seems stupid if they don't
In post 687, zakk wrote:
In post 648, Elena Fisher wrote:Outting the faction powers is a fine idea because scum most likely have one in each to start and if they don't they can just move there to see what the power is
This is what I said in my factional topic, but Mewtaph was quick to point out that the mod topics say that the birth factions were *randomized* at first, which heavily implies that they might not have a mole in every single faction, yet, obviously, it's a very fair bet that they have moles in at least 3 or 4, probability-wise.

Though I find it odd that you agree with this, given your suspicions of me.
Why do you find it odd that we agree people can agree with scumreads on topics it doesn't mean everything someone says is wrong.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

outting our serums now lets scum know all the serums, not outting them possibly denies scum that information until d2.

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 678, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 669, Keyser Söze wrote:You didn't list the player you had the biggest scum-case on (WhemeStar).
so? You thought my case on him was bad and that he was a mislynch. Shouldn't you be glad that I'm rethinking?
The end read is meaningless. It is how you got there, that is what makes the difference. Now I need to evaluate if I think you actually believed what you were saying. I.e was the scum read real or manufactured? What made you change from 'WhemeStar is scum' to 'WhemeStar is bad town'... if I recognise a natural progression that is good news for you.
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 am

In post 654, Nero Cain wrote:
scum were distributed randomly so there's like no no reason to thing that there's scum in each hood. Outting what serums are in each doesn't hurt town, atleast I don't see why, but I still don't see how it aids in scumhunting.
If we suppose a random distribution, scum knowing our ability would actually be a scumclaim unless in our hood.

If someone hates their players in their hood, they can request a change and town can dictate swaps.

Then, powers do not get outed and players are happy.
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 689, Ramcius wrote:
In post 664, Elena Fisher wrote:We have
Hood 1*
Hood 2**
Hood 3**
Hood 4
Hood 5
Let's say it's 5 scum and * shows how many scum in each hood scum know 3 of the serums while town only know 1 each (each player) N1 scum move to hood 4 and 5 and now know all 5 serums and can plan on what to do with each while town at most knows 2
first, there is no guarantee scums will get in factions they want, second, how scums would take control of serums? I know just my factions serum, and 1 scum can't just overtake serum, third, why out serums today? Why we can't tomorrow, after mafia had to take actions to learn them and are locked in new factions, if had to move? And lastly, how knowing serums will help you or anyone else? Would you take commands from non-faction people how to use your faction serum?
1) I would assume scum would plan to auto take the faction they need for said serum they don't take control they just plan how to use it to their advantage, We could out them tomorrow or today today means more planning for both sides it's a double edged sword knowing the serums lets us find out the best course of action and make a plan for it it's not like scum would disobey the action cause that would throw sus on them.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Serums can only be used once?
Why not just use them now and it's a moot point?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

That's not a bad idea.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”