Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Posturing? And is this the way my brain works? Really? I ask for you to give a case on ABR and you respond like this. Since you refuse, I'm pretty certain it means you're scum. Basic things in Mafia like giving a case on a ST should be easy to do for town. Only scum seem to ever fail in doing so. This is simple stuff.

Regardless, you're scum. Have my vote. Do whatever you'd like, but since it isn't going to be a discussion from you, it doesn't matter. Not Chara can't save you forever.

VOTE: Desperado
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:57 pm

SR*
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Odd how all the scummy players use the same tactics. At least Majiffy did it well.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yes

YES.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:34 pm

SUFFER ME NOW, DESPERADO
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Socrates »

Tomorrow is moving day! To celebrate a full day of packing, we went to our favorite restaurant, where we happened to mention to the manager that we were leaving, so of COURSE he breaks out the special family tequila.

I have never been this drunk in my life. And I won't be available the majority of tomorrow for reasons that, if you cannot successfully infer, you are an idiot.

I have not read the thread. If you have pending questions, then that's a shame. I will catch up Saturday.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:12 pm

The greatest fools are ofttimes more clever than the men who laugh at them.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

I'm sorry I came across as insulting your intelligence day 1 Tywin, that not my intent. I do believe you need to work on your rhetorical skills, but you admitted to that yourself, so i wan't expecting you to get so angry about it. And then I got pissy about your response. That was childish of me.

I want mafia to be a respectful game, but I often fail to live up to my own standards. It's frustrating to recognize one's own hypocrisy.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

Socrates is inspiring
GTKAS
| here.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:47 pm

In post 1782, Socrates wrote:I want mafia to be a respectful game
Can't wait until you catch up and see not chara's insolence then!

Make Mafia Respectful Again.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Socrates »

If not chara is scum then goddamn i will feel so fucking validated about my first vote that it will be dangerous to my ego.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1766, Desperado wrote:he also believes I haven't done anything all game to build reads

how am I supposed to react to that other than exasperated annoyance?
i don't know, i've made an attempt at least. you could do something like help me case ABR, collect the posts you've made previously... literally anything other than do nothing but respond to Tywin in a way that doesn't help the game at all?
In post 1774, Desperado wrote:1) in what way do i appear worried about your vote or what you think
because nearly all of your posts have been complaining at Tywin. instead of saying he should know things he obviously missed/ignored, quote yourself and shove it in his face. do something. all i see is you being pissed off. you were doing things before.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Alisae, why did you have to quote like five wallposts from Tywin without a spoiler? your ISO is hell to search now.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Post by Not Chara »

anyway. all i found on Desperado for you was that he looked like he was coasting on day 1. i think i remember asking you to elaborate on that at some point, but i can't find it right now. what has the read so strong for you? you didn't sound very convinced at the tail-end of day 1, you just said he 'feels like he was coasting'.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 am

In post 1782, Socrates wrote:I'm sorry I came across as insulting your intelligence day 1 Tywin, that not my intent. I do believe you need to work on your rhetorical skills, but you admitted to that yourself, so i wan't expecting you to get so angry about it. And then I got pissy about your response. That was childish of me.

I want mafia to be a respectful game, but I often fail to live up to my own standards. It's frustrating to recognize one's own hypocrisy.
Hey, don't worry about it. I honestly never take what's said in any game seriously. I just view it all as part of the game. I say plenty of things I don't actually mean while playing too, but it's not personal. It's just another way of playing. Plus, Mafia gets heated in every game lol. That's just how it plays out.

So yeah, don't worry about it. If said post-game, maybe I'd take it more seriously, but not during.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1787, Not Chara wrote:Alisae, why did you have to quote like five wallposts from Tywin without a spoiler? your ISO is hell to search now.
I'm sorry, I wanted to make a joke.
I guess I made a really bad joke if it hurts you when you look through my ISO ;~;
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:59 am

In post 1788, Not Chara wrote:anyway. all i found on Desperado for you was that he looked like he was coasting on day 1. i think i remember asking you to elaborate on that at some point, but i can't find it right now. what has the read so strong for you? you didn't sound very convinced at the tail-end of day 1, you just said he 'feels like he was coasting'.
I know I'm not Alisae, but honestly NC, doesn't he feel that way? A few posts up, you even pointed out some of what he's done D2. D1 was without pressure, so it was less magnified, but it still wasn't what most would consider scum hunting, sorting, etc. The difference between you and him is pretty extreme, and while some is just based on playstyle, some really isn't. I think everyone can at least agree that Desperado hasn't been trying his best to find scum and build a case on them. Isnt that a sign of coasting, or is the semantics of it more important? My general feel has always been that he's coasting and generally not doing much. Yes, he could point out a post or two that I missed, but he hasn't, and not even doing that is a coasting sign. Let's just say that if he is town, he isn't putting in much effort to help town win.

The problem is that he's active enough to where it isn't lurking, but his posts don't involve looking for scum, questioning reads, trying to get more accurate reads, etc. He voted Maria and was wrong, so wouldn't that make him update his reads? Now he votes ABR (before you) while giving no case at all. It was a naked vote. Any town with a real SR can give their case, regardless of it being good or bad. Refusing IMO always points to scum. It takes no effort to post thoughts on any player here. He doesn't need to pull out a spreadsheet and go over every post. All he had to do was say 'I don't like X, I don't like Y, they're scum because of X,y,z.' Not doing so in my view always means the player doesn't actually believe their SR and is faking it.

Anyway, why defend the guy so much? What did you see in the ISO that made him such a strong TR?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 am

Alisae, instead of making bad jokes, why not play the game? You can do both you know.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Alisae »

My vote is on scumz.
If you want to talk to me about something.
Talk to me about something.
GTKAS
| here.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1791, Tywin Lannister wrote:Now he votes ABR (before you) while giving no case at all. It was a naked vote. Any town with a real SR can give their case, regardless of it being good or bad. Refusing IMO always points to scum. It takes no effort to post thoughts on any player here. He doesn't need to pull out a spreadsheet and go over every post. All he had to do was say 'I don't like X, I don't like Y, they're scum because of X,y,z.' Not doing so in my view always means the player doesn't actually believe their SR and is faking it.

Anyway, why defend the guy so much? What did you see in the ISO that made him such a strong TR?
first point: this is the second time i've said this Tywin, so please read it this time. Desperado did answer you. he said he was voting ABR for the reasons he was already scumreading ABR for day 1. i ISOed Desperado, and found that this was true. specifically he doesn't believe the way ABR is crafting narratives (i'm calling this manipulation but they're essentially synonyms). so this point is utterly moot.

second point: i wouldn't defend him this much if you didn't bring him up every time i tried to talk about ABR. i defend him every time because you keep calling my read into question and
asking me about it
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1791, Tywin Lannister wrote:I think everyone can at least agree that Desperado hasn't been trying his best to find scum and build a case on them. Isnt that a sign of coasting, or is the semantics of it more important? My general feel has always been that he's coasting and generally not doing much. Yes, he could point out a post or two that I missed, but he hasn't, and not even doing that is a coasting sign. Let's just say that if he is town, he isn't putting in much effort to help town win.
i won't argue with you there, Desperado hasn't been super engaged this game, and he hasn't been trying his best to put in the effort. that by itself is not a reason for a scumread, Tywin. it could certainly be part of a case if there were other things.
but i don't read players based on how much they care about the game. if i lynched every townie who wasn't trying to win with all of their might, scum would win every game just by trying at it a little.
Desperado's thought process looks like town to me, and no i'm tired of repeating myself on that one so if you ask why, i'm going to ask you to ISO me.

Alisae: it's not a big problem, haha. it's just that Tywin is difficult to ISO with the search feature because of the volume of words, so when you quoted all those posts it bloated your ISO where it was easier to search before.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:05 am

We could lynch Desp for his lack of charisma, but I rather lynch him because he's scum.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Not Chara »

thrilling case.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1731, Not Chara wrote:
In post 1513, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Jesus Christ, that's Jason Bourne! Nice majiffy kill!

Ok here's the deal. Desperado is caught scum. Tried to posture Tywin and Majiffy as town vs town after I called him out on it, basically parroting my earlier read. Desp is scummy as fuck, everyone follow me!

VOTE: Desp
ABR, can you quote where you called out Desperado for having Tywin and Majiffy and town, parroting your read?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:12 am

Why don't you ask Desperado to quote you it? I am done trying to convince you. I already answered too many of your questions with no return on investment. I was too nice to you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”