[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Chronicle »

but if you would to try, tell me why noodle is scum
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by nancy »

They've not gone nowhere, actually. Noodle finally responded to some of my questions and I've drawn a scummy as fuck vote from you.

pedit did you read the past few pages or not?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 751, nancy wrote:scummy as fuck vote from you.
lol

yeah i did
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by nancy »

Then why are you asking redundant questions? I've spent the literally past few pages pushing Noodle to try and sort him despite his most adamant resistance at being sorted and I pretty clearly stated why his behavior wasn't indicative of a Town mentality there.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Chronicle »

i haven't asked any questions?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Chronicle »

oh i see what you mean, about noodle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 721, StealthyNoodle wrote:I won't get lynched.
In post 725, StealthyNoodle wrote:I feel certain I won't get lynched.
This is why I said you were behaving like caught scum, ftr Noodle. The only way you soft PR like this is if you are scum because if you were actually a PR you would be trying to get the wagon off you so that you didn't have to claim, not sitting back and refusing to engage with people at risk of getting run up to L-1.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 750, Chronicle wrote:but if you would to try, tell me why noodle is scum
you're saying this question is redundant?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 756, nancy wrote:This is why I said you were behaving like caught scum, ftr Noodle. The only way you soft PR like this is if you are scum because if you were actually a PR you would be trying to get the wagon off you so that you didn't have to claim, not sitting back and refusing to engage with people at risk of getting run up to L-1.
That doesn't read at all like caught scum
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by nancy »

Softing PR is a staple of the caught!scum diet and there is literally no reason for him to soft PR there if he is Town.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 757, Chronicle wrote:
In post 750, Chronicle wrote:but if you would to try, tell me why noodle is scum
Yes, given that I've spent the past few pages talking about this.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Chronicle »

but he doesn't have to be softing PR if he thinks he's playing obvtown
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 760, nancy wrote:
In post 757, Chronicle wrote:
Yes, given that I've spent the past few pages talking about this.
it was less of asking for reasons and more of summarising the last 3 pages kind of "tell me why he is scum"
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by nancy »

There is literally nothing about Noodle that reads as obvtown and he hasn't said once that he considers himself obvtown.

The summary is that he's scum because he refuses to back his shit up, he isn't questioning himself, and he doesn't care about being sorted. Town wants to help people sort them. Scum do not.

Like, his stances are a mess of contradictions and it's not as though I've come at him with anything other than reasonable questions about his motivation and thought processes and yet all he's responded with until his most recent post is more or less gtfo.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 763, nancy wrote:There is literally nothing about Noodle that reads as obvtown and he hasn't said once that he considers himself obvtown.

The summary is that he's scum because he refuses to back his shit up, he isn't questioning himself, and he doesn't care about being sorted. Town wants to help people sort them. Scum do not.

Like, his stances are a mess of contradictions and it's not as though I've come at him with anything other than reasonable questions about his motivation and thought processes and yet all he's responded with until his most recent post is more or less gtfo.
the few times he has said thanks to people who have commented that they townread him seems to me like he's pretty aware that he's playing just fine.

what has he failed to back up? his vote on you? 675? afaik you have been in his lynchpool since this game started, so why does it come as a surprise he votes you over pine, when pine has done nearly fuckall this game.

when has noodle had contradictions? i don't recall him calling someone town the whole game, and then suddenly call that person scum(ahem ahem).
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by nancy »

How does it make sense that he would vote someone who is doing things over someone who is not doing things?

He hasn't backed up pretty much anything except his TR on WM and his SR on Pine. His attacks on me have been effectively baseless.

Contradictions.. he says that he doesn't think claiming is a good idea then immediately claims anyway, says that he wants me to not hold back and when I come at him he says that he's not going to engage with me, he says that his scumread on me has weakened and pushes on Pine then votes me again and says that I've always been more suspicious, he can't even describe why he's scumreading me except saying that other people have been too or that I've been teaching, he says that I've been defensive then describes defensiveness as engaging in conversation????

Instead of just throwing shade for me hiding my read on Pine, why don't you try to engage in a way that might be remotely productive?

Why are you interested in defending Noodle?

(Still waiting on reasons why you're scumreading me..)
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 691, nancy wrote:No no no no this is the completely wrong mindset. I'm asking you questions to get more out of you, because you haven't explained things properly and people need explanations to be able to sort things for you. We can't follow your thought processes if you don't lay them out for us, and you'll never realize if there's anything wrong with your thought processes if you don't do the same. It's a great method to /interact/, to start a conversation and get people /involved/. Like, thinking that someone is suspicious for trying to delve into your reasoning is the absolute OPPOSITE of what should be happening. You 100% need to fix this approach if you're Town.

You /do/ need to elaborate on your post, because it /isn't/ understandable.

I don't want to guess for myself which unstable reads you're referring to. I want you to tell me, so that I know precisely what you are thinking, where those thoughts are coming from, and where they are going. If I simply read your posts and assume that I am following your thought processes then there is SO MUCH room for error and misinterpretation and that is EXACTLY what Town needs to avoid like the plague.

This post of yours is honestly really really bad. You're assuming the worst about my motivations at every single opportunity and you're showing that you don't care /one bit/ about engaging with me, instead you just want to push a self-serving narrative and portray my actions in a way that fits with that, which is the /complete opposite/ of /everything/ you should be doing as a Townie.
i keep flipping between the past few pages and i hate this post because of how much it misreps noodle. has he not explained his read on you prior to his most recent vote? yes he has, since a really fucking long time ago. has he been hiding any reads or failed to explain them? not that i can remember?

sure, granted your question on what he meant by "unstable reads" was valid, because that wasn't very clear, but everything else here just paints noodle's recent frustration in bad light, and if you say that "assuming the worst about (one's) motivations at every single opportunity" is the "complete opposite of everything you should be doing as a townie", then you seem to be living your very own scumtells right here, because all you have done a lot of downtalking noodle's reads () without really explaining why they are reads that would come from scum, as opposed to town having wrong reads.

pedit: why ask me? i'm not noodle. but if you want me to guess, if i were noodle and i thought pine's wall post was scummy, only to never receive a response from pine because he just never came back, i would rather let the replacement play and read him and just continue pushing whoever else i think is scum.

uhm, baseless meaning he has nothing to back up his scumreads, then no. baseless meaning you don't agree that his reasons for scumreading you are valid, then maybe.

lol, so this contradictions have nothing to do with his reads and all to do with his opinions on setup spec? then i'm not really interested. also, can you remind me when he says his scumread on you weakened?
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 765, nancy wrote:Why are you interested in defending Noodle?
in case it hasn't been clear enough
In post 394, Chronicle wrote:Not sure if I really agree on that Noodle read, I like noodle for town.
In post 407, Chronicle wrote:
In post 406, Chronicle wrote:
In post 398, Pine wrote:
In post 394, Chronicle wrote:Not sure if I really agree on that Noodle read, I like noodle for town.
You're welcome to disagree, but I'd like to hear your Towncase on Noodle.
Mostly formed through my interaction with him on nancy, and any interaction with him from that point onwards, but just going through his ISO briefly:
doesn't shy away from his very superficially-contradictory statement on the claiming BP strat
reads as actively looking at players
actually scumhunting
actually cares about interactions and responses
Fixed that.
In post 462, Chronicle wrote:Srceen, WhyMafia and Tes are my preferred lynches as of now. Noodle and Cog are out of the question.

And I still need to make up my mind about Loop, Pine and nancy, though the first 2 lean town.

Also nancy/pine, still don't see Noodle being scum
In post 550, Chronicle wrote:
In post 524, Srceenplay wrote:WhyMafia and StealtyNoodle are the scum team! GG!
Noodle is town.
i think noodle is town
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by nancy »

You don't think Noodle can defend himself? Saying that you think Noodle is Town isn't really answering my question. It's Day 1 and I don't believe anyone can be completely positive in their reads yet barring meta so the question remains, why are you going out of your way to defend him?

In post 766, Chronicle wrote:i keep flipping between the past few pages and i hate this post because of how much it misreps noodle. has he not explained his read on you prior to his most recent vote? yes he has, since a really fucking long time ago. has he been hiding any reads or failed to explain them? not that i can remember?
That post doesn't misrep Noodle at all. I have already shown why his old reasons for scumreading me are baseless and he has provided nothing new. His scumread of me is essentially blowing up a few basically NAI quibbles while categorically ignoring the remainder of my content.

In post 766, Chronicle wrote:sure, granted your question on what he meant by "unstable reads" was valid, because that wasn't very clear, but everything else here just paints noodle's recent frustration in bad light, and if you say that "assuming the worst about (one's) motivations at every single opportunity" is the "complete opposite of everything you should be doing as a townie", then you seem to be living your very own scumtells right here, because all you have done a lot of downtalking noodle's reads () without really explaining why they are reads that would come from scum, as opposed to town having wrong reads.
Where did I state that it was a scumtell? The entire post is practically /begging/ him to give me /anything/ to work with. I am literally assuming that he is Town in that post because it makes no sense to try so desperate to show someone what they're doing wrong and to get them to talk to you if you just think they are scum.

In post 766, Chronicle wrote:pedit: why ask me? i'm not noodle.
EXACTLY. So why are you designating yourself his defender? I'm asking you /because/ you stepped in to defend him.

In post 766, Chronicle wrote:uhm, baseless meaning he has nothing to back up his scumreads, then no. baseless meaning you don't agree that his reasons for scumreading you are valid, then maybe.
So you think that his reasons for scumreading me are valid?

In post 766, Chronicle wrote:lol, so this contradictions have nothing to do with his reads and all to do with his opinions on setup spec? then i'm not really interested. also, can you remind me when he says his scumread on you weakened?
Holy shit no. Reread the post. Reread the thread, I don't know. Reread something. Just no.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by nancy »

Am I the only one trying to solve this game lol

Aslan get your booty in here nows
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

N
ewbie
G
ame
#

Notice

BlackVoid
replaces CogMachine, effective as soon as he confirms his role.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Post by nancy »

YOU'RE NOT ASLAN
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by nancy »

;~;
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Sorry nancy! Can't afford to be picky with replacements right now.

Votecount incoming.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Post by nancy »

It's okayyyy :P

Hooray VCs, I like VCs they are yummy!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”