Mini #534 - Vegetable Mafia (Game Over!)

Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Crub »

My point exactly ... why are you trying to limit the towns choices based on your culinary experiences? I've had both roasted capsicum and cucumber as part of a roast dinner.

Basically you are second guessing the roles and then using your flawed assumptions to limit who you should consider as scum. I think at this point it's more than likely that scum did have safe claims, and the safe claims wouldn't be very safe if they didn't fit in with the other claims.

Also like destructor's fruit claim at least 1 of the people on your list is pretty much guaranteed town, which invalidates the entire premise.
Moo?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

I've never been sure of tdp's confirmedness. I have been suspicous that was some kind of double bluff with her and phate both being scum, so I wasn't too concerned to place her on my bad list.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by destructor »

Phate wrote:
destructor wrote:I'm totally willing to join the soupfly wagon for reasons stated (except the one I quoted below) and others I may reveal later.
"Who, him? Scum? Sure. Also, I'm going to leave the door open to claim cop later if need be."
What Crub said.

Here are the other reasons for my vote on WhoMe. I've felt his play has been opportunistic a few times this game. First I noted was Post 118.
WhoMe? wrote:
destructor wrote:Eh?
That was a mod error. I already explain my post.
vote destructor

was that what you were going to use? I wasn't on the mislynch, it was a mod error!
My issue with this was that he was equating me causing a mod-error to me being scum. Interestingly enough, the vote/wagon in questions was on ryan-scum. If ryan had been lynched due to the fake-vote, the game may well have had to stop altogether because of the mod error. This doesn't make me scum, or even scummy. It looked like WhoMe was looking for a reason to vote.

In Post 228 WhoMe placed another questionable vote on Phate for 'scum-guiding'. When I asked him what he meant, the irrationality of his argument was soon revealed and he unvoted. His vote was based on a reach, and again, it looked like he was just looking for an excuse to vote.

In Post 242 he puts his vote back on Phate, suggesting that the "every vanilla is a lettuce thing really was a huge misuse of a scum safe claim." But what does that mean anyway? I don't know about the rest of you, but it seemed fairly clear to me that Phate didn't know what a safe-claim even was at the time. Again, it looked like WhoMe was just looking for a reason to vote for Phate and seized the opportunity.

One point that caused me doubt was his vote on ryan in Post 467, but his silence throughout the period that ryan was being drilled makes it seem more likely that he was distancing or preparing to bus him. ryan's eventual self-vote suggests that he'd gotten the message from his scum-buddies.

Last point I want to bring up is flavour stuff. I mentioned that I felt like one of soupfly or WhoMe was scum. This was based on their name-claims. I was certain that one of the two was the last Mason. soup, because broccoli and cauliflower look similar, but WhoMe because cabbage is kinda white like cauliflower too. So I looked the three vegetables up to see which of the two were more closely related. It turns out that they're all different breeds of the same species: Brassica oleracea. I was surprised to find that Brussels Sprouts were also of the same species.

While this seems to negate the flavour reasoning, I am sceptical of the possibility that there are four vegetables of the same species in the town. I can imagine, though, that one may have been included as a safe-claim.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Oman (2) -- Bookitty, soupfly
destructor (1) -- Phate
WhoMe? (1) -- destructor
gorckat (1) -- WhoMe?

Not voting: Crub, Oman, thedragonsprincess, gorckat
9 alive, 5 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:27 am

Post by thedragonsprincess »

I seriously think that the 'categorizing' is being read way too much in to. It seams to me after re-reading whome's posts that he is looking for spots in this game that he can use to pin scum on other players, which has not been the case lately except for ryan. who would try to pin scum on non scum except a scum trying to play town?

vote whome
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 am

Post by WhoMe? »

thedragonsprincess wrote:I seriously think that the 'categorizing' is being read way too much in to. It seams to me after re-reading whome's posts that he is looking for spots in this game that he can use to pin scum on other players, which has not been the case lately except for ryan. who would try to pin scum on non scum except a scum trying to play town?

vote whome
Random vote aside, in this game i have voted ryan, phate, destructor & gorckat. Of these only ryan is deand and confirmed, the others are alive, so I am interested in knowing how you know they are non scum?

unvote vote thedragonsprincess
Show

3/7/2/0
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:46 am

Post by gorckat »

FoS: WhoMe?

Carrots compliment roasts in a lovely fashion (stateside, at least).

I didn't vote because you do make a good point on tdp. I need to see her response before moving either way. Both of you seem promising lynches at the moment.
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:38 am

Post by thedragonsprincess »

I never said that I know for a fact that they are all innocent. Phate I truly believe to be town due to his role assumption earlier in the game. The others I am neutral on for the moment. I simply meant that you have been pointing your finger at the others in this game without solid evidence
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

gorckat wrote:
FoS: WhoMe?

Carrots compliment roasts in a lovely fashion (stateside, at least).

I didn't vote because you do make a good point on tdp. I need to see her response before moving either way. Both of you seem promising lynches at the moment.
That's sort of my point. We have all now claimed. Clearly the scum amongst us are lying. The one scum we know the vegetable of is ryan, and he is indeed a vegetable that would go with a roast dinner, just not a green one. That is why I am surmising that the people on my list are lying about their veg.
Show

3/7/2/0
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:38 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: WhoMe?

1) I've never seen spinach roasted with beef, and its been shown that your palette and tastes don't line up with other players, and may not line up with the mod
2) There are three claims that don't roast well with beef according to your list, which means A) there'd have to be four scum and B) all three living scum claimed non-roasting veggies or C) if it is 3 mafia + SK, then they the SK also happened to claim non-roasting veggie

I think there's too many coincidences needed to make your split a possibility, and I think you're pushing it from the, shocker, safe side of the split. Its win-win for scum because it doesn't immediately bite you in the ass when you lynch wrong, and if you put one of your partners on the other side, then hitting them would get you an extra day to nab a townie.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:39 am

Post by gorckat »

Sorry for the typos- I'm trying to get out the door to work. I can clarify if any one can't make sense of that :P
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:08 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i myself never seen spinach roasted with beef, I have however seen roast beef with boiled spinach. My criteria isn't that the vegetable can be roasted, it's whether they would traditionally (in the UK) be served with a roast dinner.
Show

3/7/2/0
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 am

Post by WhoMe? »

didn't i see in a post that the mod is British? If so I would expect my idea of veg lines up fairly well as I also am British.
Show

3/7/2/0
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:20 am

Post by WhoMe? »

OK heres some backup from wikipedia check out their Roast_Dinner article
Other vegetable dishes served with roast dinner can include mashed swede or turnip, roast parsnip, boiled or steamed cabbage, broccoli, green beans and boiled carrots and peas. It is also common for prepared vegetable dishes — such as cauliflower cheese and stewed red cabbage — to be served alongside the more usual assortment of plainly-cooked seasonal vegetables
spinach can be filed under the plainly cooked seasonal vegetable bit lettuce can't, cucumber can't & Green Pepper's can't

By all means lynch me if you find me scummy, but please at least understand my theory first. And then when I come up town, take another look at it, my dodgy player list, and the list of people who lynched me.
Show

3/7/2/0
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Crub »

Heh. I also noticed red cabbage is mentioned there *eyebrow* ... spinach is not mentioned :( ...

Basically it comes to a point where you are going to have to accept that this tangent you are taking the town on is not going to be greatly supported because for one thing it's all based on a big GUESS.

There's a heap of way's you can try and split the claims but unless you've got more information than the rest of us I don't see how you can be sure enough to want to give away a lynch (and possibly another 2 NK's - which could put us in LYLO) in order to test your theory.
Moo?
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:49 am

Post by soupfly »

did i miss something? what is up with all this talk about roast dinner veggies? i just don't see how this is a relevant hypothesis...maybe i missed something.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Phate »

er, yeah. Didn't realise that he already claimed not-cop. That puts a damper on the destructor case.

unvote

So soupfly's out, destructor's on hold... who else is pushing the whole retarded lynching-based-on-which-veggie-we-got theory? The obvious choice is WhoMe, but I don't want to put him at L-1 just yet. So I'll stay voteless for now.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Oman »

Back.

Reading, posting.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Oman »

Please note: my actual rolename Is
Green Bean

I dislike Soupfly being the other mason, because he was my pick too :(

WhoMe is a pick, and my mind has changed on Crub to put him on the possiblescumlist too.

TDP did make a strangely interesting point, but I'd be more inclined to call in incoherrent over scummy.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:20 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Crub wrote:There's a heap of way's you can try and split the claims but unless you've got more information than the rest of us I don't see how you can be sure enough to want to give away a lynch (and possibly another 2 NK's - which could put us in LYLO) in order to test your theory.
Why did we have the popcorn if we weren't going to try and analyse the data afterwards. You don't like my theory? Fine, you come up with something then. I am sticking with my hypothesis until I have reason not to.
Show

3/7/2/0
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 am

Post by soupfly »

WhoMe? wrote:Fine, you come up with something then. I am sticking with my hypothesis until I have reason not to.
what exactly is your theory?

and what's with all this talk over roast dinners!?!?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:35 am

Post by gorckat »

View his posts alone (the combo boxes at the bottom of the page). He's got a big one that goes over the claims and ones that could be served with a roast beef and ones that aren't.

The problem is the large coincidence it would require- that there are either 4 scum or there are three scum and an SK and in both cases- they ALL claimed non-roasting veg.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:02 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i don't know for sure I am right, but all the confirmed veg so far (ie dead people) fit my pattern.
Show

3/7/2/0
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:18 am

Post by gorckat »

I pulled 5 quarters out of my pocket the other day- 3 were minted in 1995. Can I conclude that 60% of quarters were minted in that year?
Peter Cundall wrote:JANUARY

PLANT:, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, capsicums, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, eggplant, leek, lettuce, parsnip, pumpkin, silverbeet, late sweetcorn and tomato.
The claims also fit with things planted in January, per a quick Google.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:41 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i still want to lynch someone from

tdp
phate
gorckat