[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:19 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1120, StealthyNoodle wrote:Most his theories are his own. Prove me wrong by showing me a bunch that aren't instead.
Burden of proof is on you, not me. Show me anything Loopdan has said that displays more than a modicum of original thought. He's basically pushed no reads or theories all game that don't fall neatly within the realm of "coasting scumfucker".
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:19 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Can someone link me to past Pine-IC games? There's something I want to check but I'm skim-reading really fast before deadline so don't want to go looking for them.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:21 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1124, StealthyNoodle wrote:What do you mean you disagree with the categorization?
I mean I think that your interpretation of his ISO is super inaccurate.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1112, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1110, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: Drixx
One down
Your vote was already on Drixx ... why were you trying to hammer?
For future reference, you should not interfere when someone is running a gambit. When someone who is already voting a wagon pretends to hammer, it is usually to check for a reaction. You pointing it out immediately took away any chance of Srceenplay getting a reaction from me in a situation where I may have believed I was lynched.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1126, BlackVoid wrote:Can someone link me to past Pine-IC games? There's something I want to check but I'm skim-reading really fast before deadline so don't want to go looking for them.
viewtopic.php?t=70152&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

There's one at least. I don't think meta is going to that helpful here, though, because he seems to have consciously changed his approach to ICing and moreover has been totally inactive this game.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 1121, nancy wrote:You have done nothing actually pro-town all game
See your inability to see how I've been attempting to sort players is why I say you are confbiasing. I'll give you that your jump off SRing pine/Drixx doesn't indicate confbias. But I just can't see your thinking here.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:24 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1121, nancy wrote:The scumreads on me are ridiculous and I don't give a shit about them.
What world are you living in, nancy? One of the reason players suspect you, is because you're so mad defensive all the time. Attacking every hint of a read on you that isn't town.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1127, nancy wrote:I mean I think that your interpretation of his ISO is super inaccurate.
Which parts of it is inaccurate? Everything? How are they inaccurate?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 am

Post by nancy »

@Void
In post 415, Srceenplay wrote:TRing TesXX for very incorrect reasons (obsession with setup rather than reads is scummy, not Towny).
Ftr Src's early game feels Town-motivated as fuck but this post makes me really side-eye him. If he doesn't have a TR on Tes here then this comment looks exactly like the kind of comment you make in dead threads where you're spoiled and talking about people's reads.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Seeing as Drixx hasn't been hammered makes me feel more comfortable being scum.

Pedit
I'm not in a dead thread.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:28 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1130, Loopdan wrote:See your inability to see how I've been attempting to sort players is why I say you are confbiasing. I'll give you that your jump off SRing pine/Drixx doesn't indicate confbias. But I just can't see your thinking here.
My inability to see it has everything to do with you failing to explain anything in the slightest. Blaming other players for not being able to read you when you don't put any effort into helping them is shitty Town play.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:29 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1134, Srceenplay wrote:Seeing as Drixx hasn't been hammered makes me feel more comfortable being scum.

Pedit
I'm not in a dead thread.
That's not really what it indicates.

You're not in a dead thread, no. Which is why that post makes you look unnaturally informed of alignments.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1129, nancy wrote:
In post 1126, BlackVoid wrote:Can someone link me to past Pine-IC games? There's something I want to check but I'm skim-reading really fast before deadline so don't want to go looking for them.
viewtopic.php?t=70152&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

There's one at least. I don't think meta is going to that helpful here, though, because he seems to have consciously changed his approach to ICing and moreover has been totally inactive this game.
Basically, I wanted to see if he spent a lot of the early-game fluff-posting and offering IC advice because that's the impression I got from his early game here. - Pine is not sure whether the BP claiming is optimal or not but claims anyway. Slight scumpoints for trying to blend in with the town and not checking first to see whether it was optimal. feels a bit premature and fabricated. "Yup, scum are attacking nancy" is a weird thing for town to say this early. Scanning his town-IC-ISO, he has more content but he also does spend a lot of time fluffing so it's inconclusive. I didn't get the same pings from reading his ISO as I got here though regarding buddying.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1131, StealthyNoodle wrote:What world are you living in, nancy? One of the reason players suspect you, is because you're so mad defensive all the time. Attacking every hint of a read on you that isn't town.
Again, you're misreading my content. I've barely attacked anyone all game. Asking questions is not being defensive. When the questions have a clear trajectory it's one of the most pro-town things you can do in a game. You need to forget whatever you think you know about playing Town because if you leave the newbie queue with this mentality you are going to find yourself in a lot of trouble.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Ooooh. I get it now.
Lol. It's not true though.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:32 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1132, StealthyNoodle wrote:Which parts of it is inaccurate? Everything? How are they inaccurate?
Pretty much everything as far as I can tell. He hasn't backed up anything all game that I remember except a read on me and that was basically fake all the way through as I see it. Your assessment is inaccurate because you're literally looking at the epitome of a lurksack and somehow seeing pro-town play.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1139, Srceenplay wrote:Ooooh. I get it now.
Lol. It's not true though.
I'm inclined to agree. But I'm making a note of it.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:34 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1137, BlackVoid wrote:Basically, I wanted to see if he spent a lot of the early-game fluff-posting and offering IC advice because that's the impression I got from his early game here. 67 - Pine is not sure whether the BP claiming is optimal or not but claims anyway. Slight scumpoints for trying to blend in with the town and not checking first to see whether it was optimal. 81 feels a bit premature and fabricated. "Yup, scum are attacking nancy" is a weird thing for town to say this early. Scanning his town-IC-ISO, he has more content but he also does spend a lot of time fluffing so it's inconclusive. I didn't get the same pings from reading his ISO as I got here though regarding buddying.
Pine was one of the first proponents of the strat. He's thought through it quite a bit and his position is firmly established. His buddying with me is weird but it's also potentially explainable as just our friendship and I don't know that I believe that he'd buddy me that blatantly as scum when he knows that I don't respond well to buddying.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:35 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Loopdan is a fairly low poster and an unconventional player. Here is his ISO in a recent completed game with me. It might help.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am

Post by BlackVoid »

He spent the entirety of D1 naked voting, empty-quoting, and speaking in the third person.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1137, BlackVoid wrote:I didn't get the same pings from reading his ISO as I got here though regarding buddying.
We weren't friends at that point.

pedit yeah he can be a bit of a character.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1143, BlackVoid wrote:Loopdan is a fairly low poster and an unconventional player. Here is his ISO in a recent completed game with me. It might help.
I've read all of his Town games in newbies. His thought processes as Town are coherent and he is actively involved in games. None of that here. I only managed to find one of his scum games, though.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1145, nancy wrote:pedit yeah he can be a bit of a character.
Misread in preview, thought you were talking about Pine.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:43 am

Post by nancy »

Ftr Loopdan gave me a lot of scummy vibes early and I just assumed he was PR and didn't bother actively trying to sort the slot. When the Tracker claim came up I began to side-eye him a lot.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:46 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1138, nancy wrote:I've barely attacked anyone all game
I said you're
attacking the reads
, not the players. It's like you don't allow anyone to be suspicious of you. Feel free to correct me by pointing to one scumread of you that you didn't try to rip asunder.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”