[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1149, StealthyNoodle wrote:I said you're
attacking the reads
, not the players. It's like you don't allow anyone to be suspicious of you. Feel free to correct me by pointing to one scumread of you that you didn't try to rip asunder.
Rip asunder.... I like that. Again, I wouldn't call questioning attacking. There's nothing scum motivated about asking for elaboration on people scumreading you. Like I've already said, this is one of the biggest problems of the claim strat. Scumhunting by seeing how people engage with your slot is one of the best ways to go about it imo and one of my personal favorites. I don't question people's reads on other slots nearly as much because I think it's bad form when those slots should be doing it themselves and not having people butt in to do it for them.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by TesXX »

{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
{Loop} null I guess, I've been having trouble trying to get a read on him. I will include any opinions I've changed in the update. Somebody may have asked this but @Loop how come you wanted a Pine lynch in ?
{Srceen} nullscum. I dislike the change if thought process from to .
{StealthyNoodle} also nullscum. I'm not completely done looking through his slot, I haven't liked some of his cases against nancy and I don't like how he tried to pull the same thing as WhyMafia did in
{WhyMafia} scumlean. I'm not a fan of the "I'm fine with getting lynched therefore I am town" thing that he pulled and I disagree with his reasoning of why scum wouldn't do it. Unsure of why he had a switch in attitude toward Chronicle, unless I missed something.
{Drixx} also scumlean. Yeah, I looked back at Pine's wallpost(I may take another look at it eventually) and his wallpost did seem like he was actually
trying
to townread nancy, possibly because she'd be the easiest to not have to put effort into making fake reads for(since he could probably pull the meta crap). There's also what BV said in about a possible Drixx + WM team which I agree with if WM were to flip red.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by nancy »

Thanks for the reads Tes.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1150, nancy wrote:Again, I wouldn't call questioning attacking.
Combined with the way you constantly ridicule scumreads on you, it obviously comes of as being
overly
defensive.
In post 1150, nancy wrote:I don't question people's reads on other slots nearly as much because I think it's bad form when those slots should be doing it themselves and not having people butt in to do it for them.
Town-players are obviously great at making themselves more suspicious, so there's nothing wrong about providing objectivity to the matter. That goes for scum-
and
townreads.
More than often townies tend to be blind to reads that makes themselves town, thus end up getting lynched.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 210, WhyMafia wrote:Oh ok

I was unaware mentioning emotions was scummy. I'll keep that in mind.
So of all the people who posted you think I'm scummy bc I was referring to a comment made about my skill?
This post stuck out to me on a re-read. Quoting this because it's important. The bolded part comes from a newb-mafia perspective. He's trying to figure out what is scummy and making sure to avoid doing them in the future.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by TesXX »

Oh and forgot to mention this: I do have a bit more of a scumread on Drixx than on Noodle, and since Pine has a policy against bussing, Noodle is probably more likely town. However if Drixx flips town then I have a nullscum read on Noodle again.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1154, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 210, WhyMafia wrote:Oh ok

I was unaware mentioning emotions was scummy. I'll keep that in mind.
So of all the people who posted you think I'm scummy bc I was referring to a comment made about my skill?
This post stuck out to me on a re-read. Quoting this because it's important. The bolded part comes from a newb-mafia perspective. He's trying to figure out what is scummy and making sure to avoid doing them in the future.
Not necessarily. I could be trying to learn that so I don't get mis-lynched, hurting my team's win con
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1153, StealthyNoodle wrote:Combined with the way you constantly ridicule scumreads on you, it obviously comes of as being
overly
defensive.
Well you're welcome to interpret it that way I guess.

In post 1153, StealthyNoodle wrote:Town-players are obviously great at making themselves more suspicious, so there's nothing wrong about providing objectivity to the matter. That goes for scum-
and
townreads.
More than often townies tend to be blind to reads that makes themselves town, thus end up getting lynched.
Er what?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1151, TesXX wrote:{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
{Loop} null I guess, I've been having trouble trying to get a read on him. I will include any opinions I've changed in the update. Somebody may have asked this but @Loop how come you wanted a Pine lynch in ?
{StealthyNoodle} also nullscum. I'm not completely done looking through his slot, I haven't liked some of his cases against nancy and I don't like how he tried to pull the same thing as WhyMafia did in
{WhyMafia} scumlean. I'm not a fan of the "I'm fine with getting lynched therefore I am town" thing that he pulled and I disagree with his reasoning of why scum wouldn't do it. Unsure of why he had a switch in attitude toward Chronicle, unless I missed something.
{Drixx} also scumlean. Yeah, I looked back at Pine's wallpost(I may take another look at it eventually) and his wallpost did seem like he was actually
trying
to townread nancy, possibly because she'd be the easiest to not have to put effort into making fake reads for(since he could probably pull the meta crap). There's also what BV said in about a possible Drixx + WM team which I agree with if WM were to flip red.
What about the rest of the players? Who's your preferred lynch?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1151, TesXX wrote:{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
trying
btw
is this the best you can do?
It seems like you put hardly any effort into those reads. Literally everything you said is parroting what other's have said. I fail to see how thinking of these reasons were hard, considering everyone already posted these reasonings. VOTE: TesXX
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1128, Drixx wrote:
In post 1112, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1110, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: Drixx
One down
Your vote was already on Drixx ... why were you trying to hammer?
For future reference, you should not interfere when someone is running a gambit. When someone who is already voting a wagon pretends to hammer, it is usually to check for a reaction. You pointing it out immediately took away any chance of Srceenplay getting a reaction from me in a situation where I may have believed I was lynched.
Oops. My apologies.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1156, WhyMafia wrote:Not necessarily. I could be trying to learn that so I don't get mis-lynched, hurting my team's win con
So, if someone whose alignment you don't know tells you that you are giving off scumtells, your response would be to make sure you don't do them in the future as opposed to question the motivations of the person arguing it?

Since you are so focused on wincons, you do know that the town wincon isn't just to survive, right? If you just keep mislynching your fellow townies, you will lose the game. To win, you
have
to find scum. You can't just lynch anyone other than yourself. You have to lynch the
right
people. So, with that in mind, why are you more focused on not doing a specific scumtell rather than questioning srceenplay on whether emotional play is scummy in the first place? Why didn't you think he could be scum fabricating it as a reason to suspect you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2, MiniDeathStar wrote:You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Here you go. This is the wincon you are referring to. How does your play square with this?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I don't think it is
necessarily
scummy for a new player to be survivalistic but if you are going to refer me back to the town wincon, I'd expect you to actually be playing towards it.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1161, BlackVoid wrote:So, if someone whose alignment you don't know tells you that you are giving off scumtells, your response would be to make sure you don't do them in the future as opposed to question the motivations of the person arguing it?
No? I was just unaware of what I later found out to be a
common
scum tactic. Of course I don't want my faction to mis-lynch me and lose, so I would avoid using them.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1161, BlackVoid wrote:Since you are so focused on wincons, you do know that the town wincon isn't just to survive, right? If you just keep mislynching your fellow townies, you will lose the game. To win, you have to find scum. You can't just lynch anyone other than yourself. You have to lynch the right people. So, with that in mind, why are you more focused on not doing a specific scumtell rather than questioning srceenplay on whether emotional play is scummy in the first place? Why didn't you think he could be scum fabricating it as a reason to suspect you?
Because I did research and that was the general consensus. Appealing to emotion = bad
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1163, BlackVoid wrote:I don't think it is
necessarily
scummy for a new player to be survivalistic but if you are going to refer me back to the town wincon, I'd expect you to actually be playing towards it.
Err
Mis-lynching hurts my win-con
Does it not?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1158, WhyMafia wrote:
trying
What about the rest of the players? Who's your preferred lynch?
The rest of the players are conftown so I didnt need to include them. Right now my preferred lynch is probably Drixx since he's my biggest scumread by a little. Also because
-A Srceen lynch doesn't influence other reads much
-A Noodle lynch heavily influences my Drixx read
-A WM read slightly influences my Drixx read
-A Drixx lynch heavily influences my Noodle read and slightly influences my WM read
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by nancy »

Now would you look at that. Produce content and get townread.

It's like, magic, or something.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by nancy »

{Tes, Src}
{Drixx, WM}
{}
{Noodle}
{Chronicle, Loopdan}
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by nancy »

Lmk when you're done with WM and want to digest, Void.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1168, nancy wrote:Now would you look at that. Produce content and get townread.

It's like, magic, or something.
Why is Tes suddenly your top town read?
What was so good from his reads list?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1165, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1161, BlackVoid wrote:Since you are so focused on wincons, you do know that the town wincon isn't just to survive, right? If you just keep mislynching your fellow townies, you will lose the game. To win, you have to find scum. You can't just lynch anyone other than yourself. You have to lynch the right people. So, with that in mind, why are you more focused on not doing a specific scumtell rather than questioning srceenplay on whether emotional play is scummy in the first place? Why didn't you think he could be scum fabricating it as a reason to suspect you?
Because I did research and that was the general consensus. Appealing to emotion = bad
Yeah, I see StealthyNoodle linked you to the wiki page in . The posts that we are discussing happened before this. Your story is not adding up.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1170, nancy wrote:Lmk when you're done with WM and want to digest, Void.
What does Lmk mean :/
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1172, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1165, WhyMafia wrote:
Yeah, I see StealthyNoodle linked you to the wiki page in . The posts that we are discussing happened before this. Your story is not adding up.
I knew the wiki before Stealthy linked it ..
After I was told that AtE was bad, I looked it up ...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”