Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Commander Shepard »

In post 1599, drealmerz7 wrote:the comparison to your play in smurfia pings me really hard, like, TOTALLY different situation/circumstance, and you know it

I never said to lock the claims in as 100% true, it's about there being a claim at all, even if you don't believe it

NOT BELIEVING IT is MORE important than believing it when it comes to analyzing, imo

liiiike, unbelieavable claim = very good lynch
In post 1598, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 1596, drealmerz7 wrote:we're in D1, and we have healthy wagons, D1 isn't more complex than lynching a healthy wagon with associations and content around it and seeing what you get ot move forward
Lynching scum is always strictly better than lynching town. Whenever people try to pretend that's not the case, shit goes south.
oh please, you did not just go there, this is such a scum post

NO SHIT, but you don't have a scum result on any slot, do you, no you don't
<3
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Wraith »

Well with no VT context to compare it I think fitz's claim is just bull. On board to finish this.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1608, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 1604, Almost Chara wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that lynching CK isn't nearly as informative as lynching us or fitz.
Lynching scum is better than lynching town. Do you agree or disagree with this assertion?
Agree. But then that's why I'm voting fitz. He's my top SR. I don't have any "confident" SRs other than him, and I don't even SR CK myself.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:19 am

Post by The Wood Cutters »

In post 1626, Wraith wrote:Well with no VT context to compare it I think fitz's claim is just bull. On board to finish this.
This is the part where you read the last six pages and dont do that.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:20 am

You think Fitz is lying because he didn't claim a Monarch?
So you think that Aristophanes forgot to give the scum team fakeclaims...?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: CK

This will probably flip town, but I'm trusting TWC because I'm too tired to think very clearly. This was one of my weaker townreads, and I actually find TWC's arguments for town!fitz relatively compelling.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 am

In post 1626, Wraith wrote:Well with no VT context to compare it I think fitz's claim is just bull. On board to finish this.
Fitz's claim I believe wholeheartedly. It would be a mistake to lynch him.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 am

In post 1627, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1604, Almost Chara wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that lynching CK isn't nearly as informative as lynching us or fitz.
Lynching scum is better than lynching town. Do you agree or disagree with this assertion?
Agree. But then that's why I'm voting fitz. He's my top SR. I don't have any "confident" SRs other than him, and I don't even SR CK myself.

~A50
What do you think of the recent arguments I've posted for fitz town?
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 am

In post 1631, Commander Shepard wrote:
Fitz's claim I believe wholeheartedly. It would be a mistake to lynch him.
What's your read on CK?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 am

In post 1624, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 1620, Commander Shepard wrote:TWC knowing the claim isn't genuine
Keep in mind that I know that VT claim is a gambit because AC SAID THAT IT WAS A GAMBIT.
I ran a search for the world gambit and did not see where AC said it was.

Point that out for me please :D
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 am

Because, as I've laid out before, there are 8 players who prefer Fitz over AC and only 5 in favor of lynching AC. Wraith might be a don't care type of individual but even then there's not 7 votes. If you truly believe Fitz is town, you should be trying to find alternatives instead of just giving lip service to it.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 am

In post 294, Almost Chara wrote:OK, I guess I can explain now:

I claimed to bait The Wood Cutters so that I can get a read there. Looking at the players list this looks like the strongest slot as either alignment, and I wanted to make sure they're on OUR side.

The claim was precisely to bait Mastina (she knows my play better than anyone in this game), and it worked.

I would have expected Scum!Mastina to push me further. Why? Because (as Scum) she would know 100% I'm Town already, and in her experience I lie much more as Town that I do as Scum, so she would have been alerted to me being a PR and trying to chase away a NK.

Town!MAstina though (according to what I was thinking) would have to think: EITHER TPR trying to avoid the NK, OR Scum trying to avoid getting lynched/investigated. THEN she would have to try and sort me out ASAP to decide on whether I'm worthy of her protection from a lynch or if I'm well worth her vote. I didn't see her going for the much more simple deduction she did, but still, not pushing me while knowing I do lie as Town makes her Town IMHO. (If you beg to differ, save it. I've just locked my read on that slot).

Now for whoever does have a brain; faking VT as Scum in this game is the worst thing I could have every done. I'm not dumb enough to get caught in a lie on N1. I only lie -as scum- when I absolutely have to.. i.e. when it benefits me, and I can't see anything fruitful for me from claiming a VT unprompted on D1. That only leaves you between me really being a VT or a lying TPR, so if we have a Role Cop it might be a good idea for them to check us. If not, then I guess time will tell (probably when we return a guilty "of some sort" on someone or another). :lol: :lol: :lol:

~A50
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:24 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

I claimed to bait The Wood Cutters so that I can get a read there. Looking at the players list this looks like the strongest slot as either alignment, and I wanted to make sure they're on OUR side.

The claim was precisely to bait Mastina (she knows my play better than anyone in this game), and it worked.

I would have expected Scum!Mastina to push me further. Why? Because (as Scum) she would know 100% I'm Town already, and in her experience I lie much more as Town that I do as Scum, so she would have been alerted to me being a PR and trying to chase away a NK.

Town!MAstina though (according to what I was thinking) would have to think: EITHER TPR trying to avoid the NK, OR Scum trying to avoid getting lynched/investigated. THEN she would have to try and sort me out ASAP to decide on whether I'm worthy of her protection from a lynch or if I'm well worth her vote. I didn't see her going for the much more simple deduction she did, but still, not pushing me while knowing I do lie as Town makes her Town IMHO. (If you beg to differ, save it. I've just locked my read on that slot).

Now for whoever does have a brain; faking VT as Scum in this game is the worst thing I could have every done. I'm not dumb enough to get caught in a lie on N1. I only lie -as scum- when I absolutely have to.. i.e. when it benefits me, and I can't see anything fruitful for me from claiming a VT unprompted on D1. That only leaves you between me really being a VT or a lying TPR, so if we have a Role Cop it might be a good idea for them to check us. If not, then I guess time will tell (probably when we return a guilty "of some sort" on someone or another). :lol: :lol: :lol:

~A50
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Lol
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 am

In post 1637, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:

~A50
Command Sheppard, I purposely put Gin as a post so you know it's me doing this. I want to work with you, I just get frustrated in real life and I progress those feelings onto you. That, I do apologize for.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1629, The Wood Cutters wrote:You think Fitz is lying because he didn't claim a Monarch?
So you think that Aristophanes forgot to give the scum team fakeclaims...?
I included a question about Aris' modding meta in that post. I don't know if he does provide fake claims or not.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 am

That was directed to Wraith.
Mods here who are so much as vaguely competent provide fake claims to the mafia.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 am

In post 1460, Almost Chara wrote:concentration on 'contradiction' and point-by-point casing makes me confident fitz will flip scum here. there's no real feeling to the read on us, just a lot of pointing at things and saying 'well, this is objectively scummy, isn't it?'
and i noted this in the PT but didn't say it here, Nacho just reminded me. momo's thought that Almost isn't acting like himself is irrelevant with one game of experience.
on ThinkMomo's : how on earth does one read this as deriding momo for considering post-flip analysis? i was questioning how momo could be thinking of this when he hadn't paid attention to any other slots.

i keep putting off bed.

pedit: i'd rather not claim. we're also not at L-1.
~Chara
Someone put AC @L-1 please.

TWC rushing to AC's defense is all kinds of hella bad.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 am

It is a very well-established part of meta in theme games, and his reviewers would know as much and make sure he had them as a minimum.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1632, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 1627, Almost Chara wrote:

~A50
What do you think of the recent arguments I've posted for fitz town?
I said I SKIMMED! :lol:

I'll let Chara decide on whether they want our vote switched at this time. I'll hammer any wagon (including our slot) in the last 30 min if needs be.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 am

In post 1642, Commander Shepard wrote:TWC rushing to AC's defense is all kinds of hella bad.
Mind backing up that statement, or are you continuing not to attempt to convince anyone of anything because you can't?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'll also hopefully be here to vote wherever is needed to avoid a no lynch.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 am

In post 1644, Almost Chara wrote:I'll let Chara decide on whether they want our vote switched at this time. I'll hammer any wagon (including our slot) in the last 30 min if needs be.
Is there a reason why you can't give your opinion of it?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 am

@Gin (of TWC) I want to work with people too.

I am just calling out posts that feel wrong rather than replying to every post.

Furthermore I don't like the gambit responses. If anything that would reset AC to an unclaimed state. Mastina if Town would push AC as town similar to pushes in SU2. I am trying to read Mastina head and it is difficult when I don't see them post.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:31 am

Oh, grumpy emotional stuff. Would still heavily appreciate you considering my arguments as soon as you can, I was completely onboard with Fitz lunch until very recently.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”