[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 2171, nancy wrote:Caring about getting perfect wins will just paralyze your play because you'll be so focused on results that you'll neglect the process
Wrong, but oh well.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

BlackVoid, thoughts on WhyMafia not responding to our scumreads on him?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2174, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 2173, nancy wrote:If you want to play without any emotion Noodle that's totally fine and totally up to you.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2175, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 2171, nancy wrote:Caring about getting perfect wins will just paralyze your play because you'll be so focused on results that you'll neglect the process
Wrong, but oh well.
What makes you say that?
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2176, StealthyNoodle wrote:BlackVoid, thoughts on WhyMafia not responding to our scumreads on him?
At this point, I think I've seen decently good towntells from Chronicle, Srceenplay, and TesXX. I'll point out what these are after a little while though because I'd rather evaluate the rest of the players first. If it's not you, it's probably Al or WM.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by nancy »

Congratulations we are finally on the same page.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^Okay, I'm townreading Ali. She seemed upset after being scolded for fake-claiming doc. Looks genuine to me.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 2178, nancy wrote:What makes you say that?
It just didn't make any sense, sorry.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by nancy »

Well, it's what I've learned from being a part of various professional and non-professional sporting environments.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Now it makes sense
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^I agree it applies in sports. Not at all here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by nancy »

I don't really see the difference. We're in a competitive environment geared around securing a win, if we were playing for money this would be a sport, the application is pretty much equivalent.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by nancy »

Anyway my AtE didn't work so whatever.

VOTE: WhyMafia

Void track Aslan tonight and follow my plan if this isn't scum because we're in autowin if Town doesn't throw the game.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Achieving a perfect town-win, isn't really obtainable in any other game than a newbie one.
It's a great incentive for digging into all the small details.
Assuming autowin is risky and lazy. You can already see that there are several player's who don't believe win is secured.

Let's just disagree.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

For what it's worth, I absolutely care about a perfect win. One of the reasons I love playing mafia is to test the limits of how accurate I can possibly be. I keep a record in my wiki of every lynch that occurs when I'm in the game and calculate the percentage of days I've lynched scum, divided by the total opportunities I had to lynch scum. Right now, it's only 66% so nothing to write home about but it's enticing/fun to see how high I can bring it up. Sort of like trying to get the best score in a video game. And of course, newbie games count. The process is only relevant as long as it gives you consistently good results. Results are what actually count in my opinion. I think our approaches to mafia are pretty different but we collaborated on the D1 lynch pretty well so no reason we can't do it again. I'd just rather drag out D2 and end the game today than quicklynch and drag the game out for several days. In the long run, taking our time today might actually end the game faster. @nancy, I'd love to hear the distinctions in your reads on WhyMafia, Alisae, Noodle. It wouldn't hurt to have a little more confidence in a single read than just "one of these people are scum and we're in autowin."
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2188, StealthyNoodle wrote:Achieving a perfect town-win, isn't really obtainable in any other game than a newbie one.
Assuming autowin is risky and lazy. You can already see that there are several player's who don't believe win is secured.
It's possible in any game, just extremely rare. That incentive is there for me regardless. If you focus on a perfect win then when that fails you lose drive and your focus is lost. That is why the focus should be on the process. If a perfect win occurs, awesome, your hard work paid off, but focusing on the results is a surefire path to burnout.

If you and Chronicle are Town, we are 100% in autowin.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2189, BlackVoid wrote:@nancy, I'd love to hear the distinctions in your reads on WhyMafia, Alisae, Noodle. It wouldn't hurt to have a little more confidence in a single read than just "one of these people are scum and we're in autowin."
Did you read my posts wrt associatives? I mean, I can go over Aslan's ISO too if you want. And go through the entire game looking at how slots treated Pine rather than just unidirectionally looking at associatives from Pine's perspective. But I've already tried pushing for a lynch on Aslan's slot for pretty much the entire game and no one has ever wanted to, so do you really think that we're going to lynch him today over WM?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by nancy »

Like, I don't get why you think I haven't done the work on this.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 2190, nancy wrote:
In post 2188, StealthyNoodle wrote:Achieving a perfect town-win, isn't really obtainable in any other game than a newbie one.
It's possible in any game, just extremely rare. That incentive is there for me regardless. If you focus on a perfect win then when that fails you lose drive and your focus is lost. That is why the focus should be on the process. If a perfect win occurs, awesome, your hard work paid off, but focusing on the results is a surefire path to burnout.

If you and Chronicle are Town, we are 100% in autowin.
It's technically not possible in
every
game to have a perfect win, but they're possible in many.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^What @Blackvoid said. It's an obtainable achievement. And as opposed to certain sports, we don't make a sacrifice by trying to achieve a great result.

pedit: You believe we'll be too burned out to work towards a regular win, if we don't achieve a perfect one? Your arguments just keep getting weaker tbh.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 2190, nancy wrote:If you and Chronicle are Town, we are 100% in autowin.
If you are scum that's 100% autowin... It doesn't work like that.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

I don't trust Chronicle. Several players don't acknowledge me as town. You gotta take other's views into consideration.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 2195, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 2190, nancy wrote:If you and Chronicle are Town, we are 100% in autowin.
If you are scum that's 100% autowin... It doesn't work like that.
Exactly.
If tes, nancy, blackvoid, whymafia, chronicle, srceen, ali, and noodle are town it's autowin.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Not saying you haven't done the work. I'm just saying I'm not ready to lynch yet because
I
haven't done the work. I read your post on the associations. My worry is that if you and Pine know each other so well, it's very possible he decided that he would bus in this game to throw you off. He even started out the game talking about how much he doesn't bus so it's clear he expects you to think he doesn't bus. That's the main reason I think StealthyNoodle should be examined more before we cross him off the list. Drixx lying down and taking the lynch is something that adds to this theory. The lynch wasn't set in stone until the very end of the day and I think if Drixx was partnered with WhyMafia, he had nothing to lose by fighting tooth and nail to dodge the lynch. It's only if his partner was set for the game that he wouldn't want to disturb the prevailing town consensus. As for Alisae, I'm fine voting him if we both conclude that he's scum. I don't think anyone's unlynchable.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 2196, StealthyNoodle wrote:I don't trust Chronicle. Several players don't acknowledge me as town. You gotta take other's views into consideration.
I doubt Noodle as scum, chronicle as scum is a bigger possibility.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”