shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Wraith
- Why do you think you were RBed instead of any of the other possible situations that could have led to the same result? Also, do you think Farside would have targetted you?
V/LA on Weekends
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 2224, Titus wrote:
In post 2220, Wraith wrote:
In post 2198, Titus wrote:
In post 2196, drealmerz7 wrote:I'm too exhausted to get mad I think

and wraith is tunneling me because I made a stupid mistake (that I'd never make as scum, btw) and can't let go or even see that it is possible that I'm so out of it that it's a reasonable mistake, it's really annoying

my guess would be that the scum in my SRs aren't voting me because they feel like they can just ML me any Day and are more concerned with sticking to their agenda, and will come around if other votes start to come around, plus omgus tends to scare off scum I think, but it's all guesswork
What mistake?
Sequence of events:

1. From the start of D2 I was dropping not-subtle hints I was a power role. N1 I protected WoodCutters but they ended up dead anyways, so I suspected I was roleblocked. Because my D1 strategy was to lurk tactically while presenting myself as scummy lynchbait to avoid getting nightkilled immediately, I suspected it was more likely I was roleblocked by town rather than scum.

2. Farside got modkilled and flipped Town Roleblocker. Farside had a "null" read on me D1 and played his cards re: me close to his chest throughout that day, so it is extremely likely that he roleblocked me N1.

3. People start to really pick up on my not-subtle hints and get suspicious. I stop playing coy and claim Town Bodyguard, and also drop my speculation on what happened that got WoodCutters killed.

4. drealmerz makes Post #1958, implying that I am fakeclaiming scum presumably because of insider knowledge and an apparently stupendously unlikely story. He tries to portray me as claiming to have been sniffed out as a BG by scum and drawn a scum roleblock when that was entirely the opposite of what I actually claimed. This is such an utter failure of reading comprehension that I can't help but interpret this as malicious intent rather than incompetence, but several other players disagree.

5. drealmerz changes his story and claims that he thought WoodCutters flipped the Roleblocker. This completely contradicts his earlier implication that I claimed to have been RB'd by scum, as WoodCutters flipped neither Roleblocker nor scum.

6. drealmerz then scrambles to justify his slip again by claiming a misunderstanding of action resolution order. A two-second glimpse at the NAR would be sufficient to prevent such a misunderstanding.

7. Caught out with multiple slips, drealmerz resorts to denying those slips ever happened and pleading ignorance. This excuse only works if you believe he is ignorant of multiple game rules and clearly-worded statements.

But no people are being fucking dumb and giving him a pass based on his "honest mistake" defense.
Would it impact your opinion to know that Drealmerz once misvoted in lylo despite having two votes on him and having the scum team told to him?
Or that he tunnelled the sole VT in a role madness when said VT had wanted a scum lynch?

Yeah, I'm more surprised by Drealmerz admitting he fucked up prior to the postgame more than anything.
I was trying to avoid blatantly inflammatory statements like "I know drealmerz is completely incompetent in general" but you're putting me in a corner here.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

wow, nice misrep there, titus

or are you that delusional about the reality of those games? wait, you actually might be, your head is often so far up your ass you can't see a fucking thing except your own shit

I'm actually not incompetent, but keep on thinking that if it serves your agenda, whateverrrrr
balance among all things
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Prism »

This is all pretty in line with town drealm. I don't want to offend him, but I get why you would describe it as heavily incompetent, and he can definitely speak without thinking through what he's saying or sorting it out in his own mind first.

As far as the T&B townreads go, we've got one person giving T&B a townread for playing, and one person giving a meta read that I can probably disprove if I check, so that's the next step here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2223, Almost Chara wrote:Opps! Didn't mean to quote the WHOLE of the first post, but that's ok I guess.

Anyway, this is why we're scum read by some, and this is also why we're Town read by some. What do YOU think?

~A50
I would have read that specifically. If someone quotes a specific post and says hey this is important, I generally read it in its entirety.

I also read people based on their relationships with other people.
That being said, I'm generally anti-gambit so my first initial push seems to put the Smackdown on you for this, but you seem to have a reason or two for this and it does seem to be different from games where you are more cautious and reserved as scum. So gun to my head town based on that but severely annoyed and I'd expect more traditional forms of scumhunting quick.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 2225, shaddowez wrote:
Wraith
- Why do you think you were RBed instead of any of the other possible situations that could have led to the same result? Also, do you think Farside would have targetted you?
omfg I explained my reasoning in detail twice now.

Third time's the charm.

My D1 strategy was to lurk tactically and present myself as scummy lynchbait in order to avoid being pegged as a strong town voice and make it viable for scum to keep me alive as a future mislynch. It would prevent me from getting nightkilled and allow me to examine the other players for the ideal protect target. This element of it was completely successful - I avoided the nightkill and picked the correct protect target.

Unfortunately it backfired because I was probably
too
scummy - I managed to avoid getting mislynched D1 by being so blatantly inflammatory with my comments that town probably believed I was too bold to be scum, but it probably drew a roleblock from town. This was the "hidden" meaning behind this post:
In post 1846, Wraith wrote:Fuck I think I've buggered it all

Who hates me besides T&B? Fuck I need to do the re-read.
I suspected the Town Roleblocker was either T&B or Shepard.

Then farside got modkilled and flipped Town Roleblocker.

A brief review of his ISO demonstrated how muddled his read of me was. That, combined with his general avoidance of giving a truly detailed read of me, led me to conclude farside very likely roleblocked me N1.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Titus »

The problem is, I don't think I've ever seen a scum drealmerz ever, but whatever his alignment, I feel relatively confident his reads are inaccurate because he's not neck deep in calls to policy lynch him.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Prism »

He actually is pretty close to being neck deep in calls to policy lynch him, he gets me as a freebie mainly due to me having fallen for that trap twice already.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 2228, Prism wrote:This is all pretty in line with town drealm. I don't want to offend him, but I get why you would describe it as heavily incompetent, and he can definitely speak without thinking through what he's saying or sorting it out in his own mind first.

As far as the T&B townreads go, we've got one person giving T&B a townread for playing, and one person giving a meta read that I can probably disprove if I check, so that's the next step here.
There's a limit to the amount of mistakes I'm willing to forgive.

You saw my attitude toward dreal early in the game. He was extremely jittery and gave off emotion that came off to many as fake. I know this as typical drealmerz play.

But to so badly "misread" my comments, and then to change his story several times with equal lack of comprehension, breaks my limit. As I've been saying, I can't help but interpret it as malicious rather than innocent incompetence.
Show

Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

Sorry, some stuff came up. Will get to this ASAP.
I have no idea what's happened to my hydra partner. :(

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Wraith »

I really shouldn't have been so heavy-handed in dropping my hints today. I am almost certainly going to get killed tonight.
Show

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2231, Titus wrote:The problem is, I don't think I've ever seen a scum drealmerz ever, but whatever his alignment, I feel relatively confident his reads are inaccurate because he's not neck deep in calls to policy lynch him.
Scratch this. I forgot In Memory. I kinda dismissed him because of the fact he was rambling with wierd shit even though my hydra partner wanted to lynch him.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2234, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Sorry, some stuff came up. Will get to this ASAP.
I have no idea what's happened to my hydra partner. :(

-- Postie
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 2236, Titus wrote:
In post 2231, Titus wrote:The problem is, I don't think I've ever seen a scum drealmerz ever, but whatever his alignment, I feel relatively confident his reads are inaccurate because he's not neck deep in calls to policy lynch him.
Scratch this. I forgot In Memory. I kinda dismissed him because of the fact he was rambling with wierd shit even though my hydra partner wanted to lynch him.
So you're saying drealmerz scum play is indistinguishable from drealmerz town play?
Show

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2233, Wraith wrote:You saw my attitude toward dreal early in the game. He was extremely jittery and gave off emotion that came off to many as fake. I know this as typical drealmerz play.

But to so badly "misread" my comments, and then to change his story several times with equal lack of comprehension, breaks my limit. As I've been saying, I can't help but interpret it as malicious rather than innocent incompetence.
It'd be some awfully pointless malice with a timebomb attached to it. My argument that he's not always the most well thought out works both ways but you're suggesting more willful intent than I think would be present even if he were scum.

I still think your reads are really off, in particular townreading T&B for
playing mafia
. This goes double when the other head has essentially flaked and is too afraid to post out of fear of messing it up.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2238, Wraith wrote:
In post 2236, Titus wrote:
So you're saying drealmerz scum play is indistinguishable from drealmerz town play?
Yes, but my sample is small.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2231, Titus wrote:The problem is, I don't think I've ever seen a scum drealmerz ever
what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?!?

I was scum in In Memory, I was scum in PYPDD

you were in both of those games and I owned you in both of them

p-edit, oh there she goes, getting her story more accurate

I seriously can't wait until this uber-stress in RL is DONE with and I can bring better focus to my games, I'm actually pretty decent when I set my mind to a game
balance among all things
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1286, The Wood Cutters wrote:Prism's push against T&B is flawed. The main thrust of the initial argument seems to be that T&B's posts didn't reflect them backing off Drealmerz and that Drealmerz didn't really give them a reason to back off like they claimed. For one, I don't think that you need to make posts reflecting the strength of your read against someone and be 100% truthful about it. Secondly, the posts he outlined as 100% not coming from someone who was just pressuring were empty rhetoric, and, as I've talked about before, empty rhetoric is a fairly common way to pressure someone for pressure's sake. Finally, he makes the claim that "drealmer giving content was never an issue" which, to some extent is true, but pretending there's no difference between Drealmer's 80 and before and the content he produced after that is borderline insane.

However, I would be interested in hearing Postie's response to this post here - why didn't you let Superjack know that you were feeling doubts to your drealmer read?
Still the best thing Nacho posted all game even if he got elements of my argument a bit wrong. (In particular, empty rhetoric isn't exclusively scum play, but I think it was scum play here.) Postie's reaction to drealm reads nonsensically from a town perspective. It's not impossible or horrible for town to fake a read or use empty rhetoric depending on the case, but I
strongly doubt
that this was one of those.

T&B still blatantly bullshit that interaction with drealm through and through, in particular that they never really scumread him.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

hey look, prism makes the partial scumread case on T&B for me

you're tops, prism, tops! LIKE ROYALTY!!!
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2243, drealmerz7 wrote:hey look, prism makes the partial scumread case on T&B for me

Ok, I love Prism's tone but this buddying and over the top tone is ridiculous.

VOTE: Prism
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by Prism »

Call me a broken record, but Postie's interaction on Drealm is still something I consider damning, and their push on me is just the nail in the coffin on that.

The core of their thrust is that I "didn't want to be seen wagoning town" when I literally wound up voting both wagons despite thinking they were TvT-forced to by looming deadline, pushing my strongest scumread through the entire time.

I'm not saying I'm town for it, but the idea that me not wanting to vote two likely towns unless I had to is a scumtell is
ridiculous
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Drealmerz

and I've caught a bug mental.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2244, Titus wrote:
In post 2243, drealmerz7 wrote:hey look, prism makes the partial scumread case on T&B for me

Ok, I love Prism's tone but this buddying and over the top tone is ridiculous.

VOTE: Prism
Please explain how this drealm post justifies a vote
on me
, I'm begging you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Prism »

There you go, okay.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm actually going to make the judgment call of defending drealm more here.

I called him out for buddying me and finding it scummy earlier on, multiple times. I don't think he'd continue doing it like this. This reads legitimately to me.

I'm reasonably sure he's town. I'm again not going on this. Almost/Wraith/T&B/Infinity all moaning "What happened to your scumread?", incoming. Eat your heart out.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”