Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Cuz here's the thing. I already have an argument and 100% factual proof that I can in fact murder someone and legally get away with it.

Like, I've already won here, I'm just waiting to see if you'll continue to disagree so I can see if your intentions are to just be silly or you're serious.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

But is it murder if it is legal?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

murder is killing someone with intent and you planned on doing it. So yeah it's still murder
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3024, Not_Mafia wrote:Not a counterargument to what he said
Of course it is. He says my speech is illegal. I argue that my speech can't be illegal because I would never do anything illegal.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

So anything you do is by definition legal?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3025, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Cuz here's the thing. I already have an argument and 100% factual proof that I can in fact murder someone and legally get away with it.

Like, I've already won here, I'm just waiting to see if you'll continue to disagree so I can see if your intentions are to just be silly or you're serious.
Go ahead and present your proof.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3027, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:murder is killing someone with intent and you planned on doing it. So yeah it's still murder
No.

An executioner who kills a prisoner with intent and the plan on doing is is NOT a murderer. Murder is the UNLAWFUL killing of another human being.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3029, Not_Mafia wrote:So anything you do is by definition legal?
Better to say that I wouldn't do anything that wasn't by definition legal, so you can just look at the things I do and know for sure they're legal.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Even though you committed sedition
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

And admitted to it
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

I never committed sedition, nor did I admit to commit sedition.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Accountant »

Sedition is illegal, and by definition I do not do illegal things, because I am a righteous person.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Accountant »

(unless I am in such a situation where higher considerations override the law, but this is not one of those situations.)

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 14878, Accountant wrote:I was not aware of this. How lucky you pointed it out before I got arrested. Thank you, psyche.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

Yeah, but later on I prove that I'm not doing illegal things.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

By the way, I'm not inciting violent revolt except in very bad case like the Middle-East or the more wartorn parts of Africa. The revolt will be peaceful, internal and legal; it is what we call "education".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think, on reflection, you are putting the cart before the horse.

You are saying "Accountant has done X and Y. Let us check if X and Y is legal to determine if what Accountant does is legal". The thought process should be "Accountant has done X and Y, so X and Y must be legal. Enough said, stop questioning, open and shut." Done.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Shaziro »

Your title is not for saying things that are self evident, it's for claiming that the things you say are self evident.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Accountant »

They are the same thing.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3041, Accountant wrote:I think, on reflection, you are putting the cart before the horse.

You are saying "Accountant has done X and Y. Let us check if X and Y is legal to determine if what Accountant does is legal". The thought process should be "Accountant has done X and Y, so X and Y must be legal. Enough said, stop questioning, open and shut." Done.
Why are you obsessed with legality of things?
Doesn't obeying laws mean that you submitting to someone else's morality?
Are all laws worthy of being followed?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3044, Kublai Khan wrote:Why are you obsessed with legality of things?
Doesn't obeying laws mean that you submitting to someone else's morality?
The reason I am obsessed with it is because the law represents order. When I obey laws, I am obeying order, and making the world beautiful. That is all in accordance to my morality. So it is as though I am a spy who pretends to submit to another's morality but really the ultimate goal is to further my own(by increasing order).

No
. In fact, and here is what is going to surprise you, the vast majority of laws are not worthy of being followed. Any law that is not in line with my philosophy is not worthy of being followed: but they must be followed anyway to the strictest letter, even though they be unworthy, for the sake of not being a bunch of barbarians.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3045, Accountant wrote:The reason I am obsessed with it is because the law represents order. When I obey laws, I am obeying order, and making the world beautiful. That is all in accordance to my morality. So it is as though I am a spy who pretends to submit to another's morality but really the ultimate goal is to further my own(by increasing order).

No
. In fact, and here is what is going to surprise you, the vast majority of laws are not worthy of being followed. Any law that is not in line with my philosophy is not worthy of being followed: but they must be followed anyway to the strictest letter, even though they be unworthy, for the sake of not being a bunch of barbarians.
What does morality have to do with order and chaos?
You acknowledge that there is bad order, does it not follow that there is also good chaos?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 3046, Kublai Khan wrote:What does morality have to do with order and chaos?
You acknowledge that there is bad order, does it not follow that there is also good chaos?
Morality tells us what is good and what is bad. Murder is bad. Kindness is good. That is morality. In the same vein, order is good. Chaos is bad.

Furthermore, I don't think it logically follows that there can be good chaos just because some order is rotten. Some people take anti-racism too far and start being hostile or cruel to anyone that they perceive as racist or not being in line with their views. That doesn't mean there can be good racism.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3047, Accountant wrote:
In post 3046, Kublai Khan wrote:What does morality have to do with order and chaos?
Morality tells us what is good and what is bad. Murder is bad. Kindness is good. That is morality. In the same vein, order is good. Chaos is bad.
Is murder always bad under every circumstance? What if someone was someone was suffering a great deal and ultimately would die anyways. Would murdering them (euthanasia) not be the greater good under that circumstance?

What if you gave someone candy everyday, both of you not realizing that it was contributing to a disease (diabetes) that would ultimately kill them? Was that kindness not bad?
Furthermore, I don't think it logically follows that there can be good chaos just because some order is rotten. Some people take anti-racism too far and start being hostile or cruel to anyone that they perceive as racist or not being in line with their views. That doesn't mean there can be good racism.
Racism separates people into categories. That sounds very orderly to me.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3048, Kublai Khan wrote:Racism separates people into categories. That sounds very orderly to me.
It is orderly. It's an example of the bad order I spoke off earlier. I used racism as an example of how some X being bad doesn't imply some of its opposite being good.

Return to “General Discussion”