[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 am

Post by nancy »

BlackVoid your insistence on anarchy grosses me out and if you refuse to commit to tracking Aslan tonight then I have no choice but to lynch him.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:27 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Chronicle, did you at any point heavily suspect anyone?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2300, nancy wrote:BlackVoid your insistence on anarchy grosses me out and if you refuse to commit to tracking Aslan tonight then I have no choice but to lynch him.
I just don't see how it would help for me to commit to tracking an arbitrary player. If it's because he's your friend and you two would be great at solving the game together, you dying tonight makes it not relevant. Because of the roles we drew here, you're unfortunately not going to get the chance to gamesolve with Aslan as both conf-town because the only way he becomes conf-town is if I track him, he goes nowhere and you wind up dead. If you could, I wouldn't have minded actually.

I think I'm probably going to choose based on who's most likely to be scum and if I'm wrong, whose alignment I most want confirmed D3 so I can end the game then.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:57 am

Post by nancy »

It has nothing to do with my friendship with Aslan and everything to do with my reads. I have already PoEd autowin.

If you want to do it your way then fine, pick a lynch today, track who you want tomorrow, and lynch who you want tomorrow.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Alisae »

Best to announce who you're tracking too me thinks.
That way if they no kill, you can tell that they're trying to just delay getting guiltied and we can just lynch them tomorrow.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by nancy »

That is horribly suboptimal and extremely liable to be screwed with by scum.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

zzzzzzz
yeha you're right.
I'm bad at this game.
mybad
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by nancy »

You're not bad at this game you're just scum it's fine.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

that's why I'm getting tracked.
That way I can be conftown, proceed to solve the game with my amazing powers abilities and skillz, and YAY TOWN WIN
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by nancy »

Hooray for scum slowrolling the game.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Chronicle's Scummy SideWell, here are some of the posts that stick out.
In post 2086, Chronicle wrote:But then again, I'm not amazing at this game either. She is definitely better at reading people than I originally thought, which frustrates me somewhat because I thought I played a decent town game.
Putting your trust and praise in nancy's reads like this seems off. Especially after accusing her reads\gameplay for being bad at several occasions.

In post 327, Chronicle wrote:nancy, pine, whymafia

Preference of lynch in that order
In post 336, Chronicle wrote:I don't think a Pine lynch is the best lynch to do at the moment, though
In post 1081, Chronicle wrote:I see some dislike for Drixx on the Pine slot, but I feel like that's a metaread so I can't really get behind it.
In post 1076, Chronicle wrote:Src/Loop
Drixx/WM/Tess

Lynch preference from top to bottom, left to right are in no particular order.

Seems like you've been placing Pine/Drixx
somewhere in the middle
. A fine way to avoid lynch and avoid suspicion.

You're pretty much okay with lynching anyone but me and nancy.
You've barely suspected me for being scum at any point in the game. It doesn't look like you're the least suspicious of me.
Trust is usually hard when you're town, easier when you're scum.

I don't think Noodle is scum anymore.
Not sure if I really agree on that Noodle read, I like noodle for town.
Noodle and Cog are out of the question.[...]Also nancy/pine, still don't see Noodle being scum
Aye, the fact that they both sit on the Noodle wagon confuses me too. Doesn't make sense that they scumread Noodle,
Noodle is town.
Still waiting on that Noodle scumcase
And that read on Noodle.
but if you would to try, tell me why noodle is scum
That doesn't read at all like caught scum
but he doesn't have to be softing PR if he thinks he's playing obvtown
the few times he has said thanks to people who have commented that they townread him seems to me like he's pretty aware that he's playing just fine.[...]when has noodle had contradictions? i don't recall him calling someone town the whole game, and then suddenly call that person scum(ahem ahem).
i hate this post because of how much it misreps noodle.
in case it hasn't been clear enough[...]i think noodle is town
I still like Noodle for town. Honestly with all the scumreads on him I've tried to reevaluate this read but I can't convince myself he's scum, outside of his reaction to the nancy claim.
You also seem to use every occasion to state your townread of me. It's a fine "told-you-so", should I get lynched. But hey, I appreaciate it.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^That being said, I still doubt that Chronicle went for a nokill. Scum taking a shot at tracker sounds way more likely.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by nancy »

Unless you believe that Chronicle believed that I was fakeclaiming BP as Doc, in order to assume Chronicle gambited a NK you have to assume very suboptimal play and him relying on a derpclear from a track result that was /probably/ but not definitely coming his way.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by nancy »

Simplest solution is that Chronicle did not gambit a NK, which is why you eliminate all other suspects first.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Well a nokill wouldn't cost him a lot, concidering he was likely going to be targeted by tracker. Meaning he'd nokill regardless of the second power role.
But yeah, there's really no saying which case is strongest imo.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

This might've been answered btw. But do we get a read from tracker if he's killed the same turn? I guess no?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by nancy »

No, it would cost him a fuck of a lot because a free Day phase is the absolute last thing you want to go through as scum. If there is no Doctor then you obviously kill the Tracker because you cannot be tracked. Anything else is suboptimal.

I am literally telling you how to interpret the NK.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2315, StealthyNoodle wrote:This might've been answered btw. But do we get a read from tracker if he's killed the same turn? I guess no?
No, NA results are PMed to the player where applicable, and the player must then make those results public if so desired.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by nancy »

Killing actions are also resolved before investigative actions according to NRA so the Tracker wouldn't even receive a result.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^Oh wow, well that explains a lot. Why did I even bother making a post on him then. I agree that it's highly unlikely such a play ever took place.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1398, nancy wrote:In case you're wondering why it's autowin btw, we have two Tracker clears by Day 3
No wonder i was confused. So this is basically you admitting to fake-claiming theb? From this I figured we'd get to know his result even though he was killed N2.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 2320, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 1398, nancy wrote:In case you're wondering why it's autowin btw, we have two Tracker clears by Day 3
No wonder i was confused. So this is basically you admitting to fake-claiming then? From this I figured we'd get to know his result even though he was killed N2.
*Edit
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2319, StealthyNoodle wrote:Why did I even bother making a post on him then.
Because Chronicle's associatives with Pineslot are disgusting, and to help other slots recognize your alignment. The vast majority of your play as VT should be focused on making yourself blatantly obvious Town and your play this game has not been sufficiently good if you are Town to make that the case for everyone on the table.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2320, StealthyNoodle wrote:No wonder i was confused. So this is basically you admitting to fake-claiming theb? From this I figured we'd get to know his result even though he was killed N2.
Yes and 1387 and 1388 were also effectively claiming Doc. I kept up the ruse in order to get reactions on slots but it was completely obvious by the NK that I was fakeclaiming anyway.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 2322, nancy wrote:your play this game has not been sufficiently good if you are Town to make that the case for everyone on the table.
I don't follow. Rephrase.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”