[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 2422, TesXX wrote:
In post 2216, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2129, StealthyNoodle wrote:@WhyMafia, I think my townreads on you are pretty fine, but you've been doing a lot of shady stuff as well.
In post 1659, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 1637, BlackVoid wrote:What's notable here is when he was accused of defending Pine, he jumps to say that he was defended another slot as well.
I like this observation as well. Here's some further investigation.

Deerstalker OnActually, I did take note of post 176 (which is his only defense of Cog, as mentioned in 463). And something was off about it: I remember being a bit annoyed because he pretty much spewed out the same non-sense as Chronicle:
In post 178, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 173, Chronicle wrote: Your vote is
wasted on a slot
that hasn't even
logged in since the game started
, and you voting him will not pop him an email telling him to check in on this game and post his thoughts.

And when he does finally catch up, he will post his thoughts accordingly. Your one vote doesn't do anything. It will not spur any sort of reaction, it does not give him any sort of incentive to pay more attention to this game, because he is not ignoring this game. Because he hasn't even logged in yet.

Your vote does not do anything. His inactivity thus far is not alignment indicative.
It doesn't seem like you're reading my posts at all. So let me rephrase:
If bjc0303 is lurking, he sees this. If there's more pressure and he's still lurking, there'll probably be a response as well. To explain further:
He doesn't have to be online to lurk.
I don't get why you keep pushing such an invalid argument.
In post 176, WhyMafia wrote:Why are we debating his alignment when he's not even lurking - he hasn't
logged on since the game started
. This is
wasting time to find scum
, unless we're using this to gauge reactions.

But idk I'm bad at mafia
And that goes for you as well.
I've included WhyMafia's whole post 176 in this quote. Had to alter it in order to get my point across.

This was his
only defense
of bjc(the one Cog replaced), and it's pretty much Chron's words, rearranged.
Care to explain why your post is so similar to Chronicle's?
Because I agree with it. It's a fact. He didn't log on ..
What's more to be said?
But you voted me for stating opinions that had already been said.
In post 1159, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1151, TesXX wrote:{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
{Loop} null I guess, I've been having trouble trying to get a read on him. I will include any opinions I've changed in the update. Somebody may have asked this but @Loop how come you wanted a Pine lynch in ?
{Srceen} nullscum. I dislike the change if thought process from to .
{StealthyNoodle} also nullscum. I'm not completely done looking through his slot, I haven't liked some of his cases against nancy and I don't like how he tried to pull the same thing as WhyMafia did in
{WhyMafia} scumlean. I'm not a fan of the "I'm fine with getting lynched therefore I am town" thing that he pulled and I disagree with his reasoning of why scum wouldn't do it. Unsure of why he had a switch in attitude toward Chronicle, unless I missed something.
{Drixx} also scumlean. Yeah, I looked back at Pine's wallpost(I may take another look at it eventually) and his wallpost did seem like he was actually
trying
to townread nancy, possibly because she'd be the easiest to not have to put effort into making fake reads for(since he could probably pull the meta crap). There's also what BV said in about a possible Drixx + WM team which I agree with if WM were to flip red.
btw
is this the best you can do?
It seems like you put hardly any effort into those reads. Literally everything you said is parroting what other's have said. I fail to see how thinking of these reasons were hard, considering everyone already posted these reasonings. VOTE: TesXX
@WM do you have any explanation for this contradiction?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 am

Post by nancy »

WhyMafia you're supposed to guess my readslist >:[
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:14 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Not confident yet in anyone being scum so I'm reading through individual ISOs again.

@Srceenplay, got a couple of questions for you based on how you handled D1: Firstly, I don't really understand where is coming from. What were you hoping to achieve with that vote on Pine because "he's not around the defend himself?" You seem unusually confident that Pine is scum in . Why would you kill him of all people? makes no sense at all nor does suddenly moving off of Pine onto nancy in .

I also thought these two posts were weird:
In post 333, Srceenplay wrote:Are you trying to say Pine is not Mafia?
In post 341, Srceenplay wrote:So, WhyMafia, you don't think Pine is scum?
Why are you randomly asking people whether they don't think Pine is mafia? Seems like an informed read where you already know he's mafia. You don't seem to actually be scumreading him anyways.

I also thought seems like overcompensating for a partner not responding to his pressure and wanting to make sure Pine doesn't ignore him. is a fairly standard questions scumbuddies without daytalk ask each other. Mild coaching.

The contradiction between and is odd and I'm not sure how anyone can legitimately hold both views. Some explanation here would be good.

I didn't find the eventual vote on Drixx particularly scummy. He just asks which of Drixx or Chronicle to vote and votes Drixx on my recommendation. Then says he's a D2 guy. But after a scumflip, he doesn't seem all that active or enthusiastic which I'd expect from a "D2 guy." is an odd amount of confidence for someone who is only on Drixx because he's sheeping me. I don't have any issues with his eventual vote on Drixx for wanting to make sure we get a lynch before deadline.

I think it's possible Srceenplay is scum. The fact that we concensus-lynched a lurker-scum on D1 isn't giving me a lot of helpful reads. I actually think looking at the nancy "mislynch" wagon would be more informative. To see who pushed her for bad reasons so I'll go over that once I'm done looking at Pine/Drixx interactions.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am

Post by BlackVoid »

With that said, I actually liked several things about Srceenplay's D2 play. His case on WhyMafia and setting it up as himself vs WhyMafia makes a lot more sense as town with a scumread than scum needing to outlast four townies (). I really liked . References to what they'll say at endgame is the sort of thing I've seen town say to townreads/conf-town hard-pushing them but takes a bit of ingenuity/cunning to say as scum. Combining this with the end-of-D1, I actually think it's more likely than not, Srceenplay is town. But I do want all my questions answered though so I can decide whether to set him aside as town or keep looking.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2427, BlackVoid wrote:I actually think looking at the nancy "mislynch" wagon would be more informative. To see who pushed her for bad reasons so I'll go over that once I'm done looking at Pine/Drixx interactions.
I have already done this and given the answer :P
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 am

Post by nancy »

BlackVoid it's like you don't even read my posts ;)
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 2426, nancy wrote:WhyMafia you're supposed to guess my readslist >:[
Whenever I have 50-50 odds, it never works in my favor, let alone guessing your entire reads list.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 am

Post by nancy »

That's irrelevant. Just have a try so the next person can go. You're not going to be lynched if you guess wrong.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 2425, TesXX wrote:
In post 2422, TesXX wrote:
In post 2216, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2129, StealthyNoodle wrote:@WhyMafia, I think my townreads on you are pretty fine, but you've been doing a lot of shady stuff as well.
In post 1659, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 1637, BlackVoid wrote:What's notable here is when he was accused of defending Pine, he jumps to say that he was defended another slot as well.
I like this observation as well. Here's some further investigation.

Deerstalker OnActually, I did take note of post 176 (which is his only defense of Cog, as mentioned in 463). And something was off about it: I remember being a bit annoyed because he pretty much spewed out the same non-sense as Chronicle:
In post 178, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 173, Chronicle wrote: Your vote is
wasted on a slot
that hasn't even
logged in since the game started
, and you voting him will not pop him an email telling him to check in on this game and post his thoughts.

And when he does finally catch up, he will post his thoughts accordingly. Your one vote doesn't do anything. It will not spur any sort of reaction, it does not give him any sort of incentive to pay more attention to this game, because he is not ignoring this game. Because he hasn't even logged in yet.

Your vote does not do anything. His inactivity thus far is not alignment indicative.
It doesn't seem like you're reading my posts at all. So let me rephrase:
If bjc0303 is lurking, he sees this. If there's more pressure and he's still lurking, there'll probably be a response as well. To explain further:
He doesn't have to be online to lurk.
I don't get why you keep pushing such an invalid argument.
In post 176, WhyMafia wrote:Why are we debating his alignment when he's not even lurking - he hasn't
logged on since the game started
. This is
wasting time to find scum
, unless we're using this to gauge reactions.

But idk I'm bad at mafia
And that goes for you as well.
I've included WhyMafia's whole post 176 in this quote. Had to alter it in order to get my point across.

This was his
only defense
of bjc(the one Cog replaced), and it's pretty much Chron's words, rearranged.
Care to explain why your post is so similar to Chronicle's?
Because I agree with it. It's a fact. He didn't log on ..
What's more to be said?
But you voted me for stating opinions that had already been said.
In post 1159, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1151, TesXX wrote:{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
{Loop} null I guess, I've been having trouble trying to get a read on him. I will include any opinions I've changed in the update. Somebody may have asked this but @Loop how come you wanted a Pine lynch in ?
{Srceen} nullscum. I dislike the change if thought process from to .
{StealthyNoodle} also nullscum. I'm not completely done looking through his slot, I haven't liked some of his cases against nancy and I don't like how he tried to pull the same thing as WhyMafia did in
{WhyMafia} scumlean. I'm not a fan of the "I'm fine with getting lynched therefore I am town" thing that he pulled and I disagree with his reasoning of why scum wouldn't do it. Unsure of why he had a switch in attitude toward Chronicle, unless I missed something.
{Drixx} also scumlean. Yeah, I looked back at Pine's wallpost(I may take another look at it eventually) and his wallpost did seem like he was actually
trying
to townread nancy, possibly because she'd be the easiest to not have to put effort into making fake reads for(since he could probably pull the meta crap). There's also what BV said in about a possible Drixx + WM team which I agree with if WM were to flip red.
btw
is this the best you can do?
It seems like you put hardly any effort into those reads. Literally everything you said is parroting what other's have said. I fail to see how thinking of these reasons were hard, considering everyone already posted these reasonings. VOTE: TesXX
@WM do you have any explanation for this contradiction?
Because that was one post while 99% of your reads were parroted
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 2432, nancy wrote:That's irrelevant. Just have a try so the next person can go. You're not going to be lynched if you guess wrong.
That's not really reassuring :-:

Lemme re-read your last dozen or two posts
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 am

Post by WhyMafia »

BlackVoid
Noodle, Aslan
Tes
Loopdan, Chron
Srceenplay and myself

Inb4 none of these except for BlackVoid was right xd
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Alisae »

WM explain your read on me?
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by nancy »

WhyMafia do you realize that Loopdan and Aslan occupy the same slot?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by nancy »

Noodle is up next.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I have a tough time seeing Loopdan as scum. What I said in and still applies.
Spoiler:
In post 1099, BlackVoid wrote:Him trying to get you and Pine to read each other also felt town motivated to me because observing how two people who are friends interact with each other is pretty good way to get reads. For example, when I was reading Pine's posts to you, it felt like he was going out of his way to appease you so I concluded that he was likely scum and you were likely town. I didn't agree with Loopdan's conclusion that you were both scum but I could see his "sorting you two through how you talk to each other" a good approach for him to take.
In post 1307, BlackVoid wrote:I'm really not seeing the scumread on Loopdan. I looked over his ISO multiple times now. If Pine is town, I suppose he could have been pushing a mislynch but attacking the IC and the most active player in the game seems like an odd strategy for scum to take especially for a low-content player like Loopdan.

His entrance in is fairly pro-town both in objectives as well as tone. Pushing the BP-claim strategy as hard as he did in also feels genuine. It didn't seem like he was using it as an excuse for lack of content and he was in fact making himself the center of attention by taking such a hard stance on it which he justifies in as getting it over with so we can move on. I think the rationale that scum in his previous game decided to oppose the strategy was a good one too. Looking over the game he's referring to (Newbie 1781), one of the scum (rb) posts reasoning that's pretty much exactly similar to nancy's reasoning here. So, I perfectly understand why Loopdan went after nancy. The vote on Srceen in and reasoning in flows consistently with the rest of his thoughts too. I liked in light of his later comments about reading people who know each other. Have a tough time seeing coming from scum. I don't really understand the vote on Pine in but I can see why he'd be okay with a nancy lynch given his previous comments and experience with rb. Can also see why he'd read TesXX as "screaming town" in given early posts of TesXX pushing the BP-claim strat along with him. Less sure on Noodle but I can understand that read too. I thought was a very good observation. Moving back to Drixx after nancy claim makes sense with his previous reads and doesn't feel like he knows too much and telling nancy to stop the conf-bias in and also feels like annoyed town. Possibly the only concern I'd have is the low activity but given he was legitimately busy and actually replaced out, that's a non-issue.

All in all, I'm pretty confident Loopdan-slot/Alisae is town. Alisae has the "chatroom-type" playstyle as both alignments that's hard for me to read but there's a lot I'd bet on Loopdan being town. If anyone disagrees with me here, please explain why. I'm especially looking at nancy, you seem intent on getting me to track Alisae but I'm positive he's town and if I'm wrong, then show me where I'm going wrong because I'm missing it entirely.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by nancy »

@Aslan that isn't his read on you he's guessing my reads....
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2439, BlackVoid wrote:I have a tough time seeing Loopdan as scum. What I said in and still applies.
Spoiler:
In post 1099, BlackVoid wrote:Him trying to get you and Pine to read each other also felt town motivated to me because observing how two people who are friends interact with each other is pretty good way to get reads. For example, when I was reading Pine's posts to you, it felt like he was going out of his way to appease you so I concluded that he was likely scum and you were likely town. I didn't agree with Loopdan's conclusion that you were both scum but I could see his "sorting you two through how you talk to each other" a good approach for him to take.
In post 1307, BlackVoid wrote:I'm really not seeing the scumread on Loopdan. I looked over his ISO multiple times now. If Pine is town, I suppose he could have been pushing a mislynch but attacking the IC and the most active player in the game seems like an odd strategy for scum to take especially for a low-content player like Loopdan.

His entrance in is fairly pro-town both in objectives as well as tone. Pushing the BP-claim strategy as hard as he did in also feels genuine. It didn't seem like he was using it as an excuse for lack of content and he was in fact making himself the center of attention by taking such a hard stance on it which he justifies in as getting it over with so we can move on. I think the rationale that scum in his previous game decided to oppose the strategy was a good one too. Looking over the game he's referring to (Newbie 1781), one of the scum (rb) posts reasoning that's pretty much exactly similar to nancy's reasoning here. So, I perfectly understand why Loopdan went after nancy. The vote on Srceen in and reasoning in flows consistently with the rest of his thoughts too. I liked in light of his later comments about reading people who know each other. Have a tough time seeing coming from scum. I don't really understand the vote on Pine in but I can see why he'd be okay with a nancy lynch given his previous comments and experience with rb. Can also see why he'd read TesXX as "screaming town" in given early posts of TesXX pushing the BP-claim strat along with him. Less sure on Noodle but I can understand that read too. I thought was a very good observation. Moving back to Drixx after nancy claim makes sense with his previous reads and doesn't feel like he knows too much and telling nancy to stop the conf-bias in and also feels like annoyed town. Possibly the only concern I'd have is the low activity but given he was legitimately busy and actually replaced out, that's a non-issue.

All in all, I'm pretty confident Loopdan-slot/Alisae is town. Alisae has the "chatroom-type" playstyle as both alignments that's hard for me to read but there's a lot I'd bet on Loopdan being town. If anyone disagrees with me here, please explain why. I'm especially looking at nancy, you seem intent on getting me to track Alisae but I'm positive he's town and if I'm wrong, then show me where I'm going wrong because I'm missing it entirely.
ASKLGSALjGSAJKOGJAKLSJGÑAJSgljaslga
gdasgklñDSgk´DLSÑGsd
h
DSKHlñSDKHdSL¨JSD
gdasGHLÑLKJDÑGJKLADSJGKLADLÑGJLADSHGOHADSg
asgñjKADSLGJLDJKASÑLGJADGJADkgADHGJKLDAGHIUALDSGKADKGÑadñHGKLHDASKGAD
¨GLÑadklgAK
DLÑG
dgDS¨GHLDS
HGOIDSG¨DO^GUEQIO^GO¨DSGKD
AGLDSÑJLG
DSG
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by nancy »

Kill me now.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2440, nancy wrote:@Aslan that isn't his read on you he's guessing my reads....
Oh okay.
@WhyMafia why do you think nancy may feel that way about me?
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2442, nancy wrote:Kill me now.
Yeah, you are going to have me out here. If we can agree on Alisae-town, that leaves me free to track someone scummier. His predecessor was one of the towniest slots in the game.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

Wait BV.
You townread me?
Why?
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by nancy »

Did you just.. say.. that Loopdan was.. one of the towniest slots in the game....?

I.... have no words.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Srceenplay - wicked arguments, brute force and no mercy.

Whymafia - politeness, smooth talk and AtE.

Those are currently my candidates. WhyMafia the most.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

And then there's Loopdan.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 2438, nancy wrote:Noodle is up next.
What?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”