[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by nancy »

2595 is town!Aslan.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2596, Alisae wrote:Like, nancy is town. You're town. I'm also town.
Why aren't we working together to solve the game?
Feel like I already did. No one cares.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2597, nancy wrote:WhyMafia is Town because and , Srceenplay is Town because . Tes is Town because he ignored Pine's request to stop the Tracker claim. Ari is possibly scum Chronicle flipped his reads momentarily and tried to push a CW with Drixx in . Aslan may be scum because he's given up and town!Aslan doesn't replace into nancy's last game at near autowin and give up. Noodle is scum because his reads are fake, his push on Pine looks like a blatant bus and is the only actual scumhunting he's done all game and because Drixx's push on him looks like bussed!scum distancing.
is not a WhyMafia post. isn't a towntell because WhyMafia specifically said D1 that he offered himself to be lynched because no mafia would do it. Meaning he is expecting a death-wish to be read as town and for people to go "no way he says that as scum." He didn't say that expecting to be lynched, he said that expecting to be townread. How is Srceenplay town simply for voting WhyMafia? You're just messing with me, right? I see your point on Chronicle though. Aslan's latest posts are weirding me out so I'll need to rethink this.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by nancy »

2142*
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Putting Srceenplay at L-1 and saying he's fine with a lynch on himself seems disingenuous. Why even suggest that when your top suspect is at L-1?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

Okay.
Maybe I'm doing a really bad job at communicating to you what I am trying to communicate. So I'ma just be blatant instead of subtle and trying to lead you to a conclusion.
I don't actually care about the reasons. Here is what I do care about, because it's teaching newbies bad play. And I'ma put on my IC cap for a moment.

You have someone who's pratically confirmed town. Their name is nancy. They're a pretty sweet gal if you ask me. Wub you nancy <3
And they are really good at this game. Like, Really good at this game.
Fact is it seems like you're disregarding their reads completely. Like, you're trying to work against them. And I REALLY do not get that.
You see more interested in pushing your own reads rather then working with nancy to find out who is scum together. You're focusing on your own individual play rather then teamplay. And that's bad. Because ultimately Mafia is a TEAM game. You NEED to identify who the other townies are, and you need to discuss reads with them, and try to solve the game WITH your fellow townies. You aren't doing that, you're just pushing your own reads and not really giving a fuck about everything else. Atleast nancy is trying to engage people and trying to work with them.

You're basicly teaching newbies that individual play is better then teamplay, and that's bad. Don't do that.

Let's take the game I just linked. In that game, town worked together and knew who they were. And because they knew who they were so easily, that finding scum was easy when you have a mobile unit.

Why is this game not an autowin? Why hasn't scum conceded? Well it's easy. Whoever is scum knows that they still have a chance if the town mislynches people. This game is nowhere near autowin because town has yet to really work together. There's no team play involved here.

So can we stop being idiots, twittling our thumbs thinking that scum is just going to come out of the fucking woods, work together to discuss reads, and lynch scum?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

BV, are you understanding what I'm trying to communicate here?
It's the reason why most towns are always super fucking shitty. Becuase people have these "egos" they need to statisfy.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2604, BlackVoid wrote:Putting Srceenplay at L-1 and saying he's fine with a lynch on himself seems disingenuous. Why even suggest that when your top suspect is at L-1?
He's a weird kid, who knows. But why would scum!WhyMafia say that? I like the emotion in his ISO and that post is representative.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by nancy »

I spilled milk on my keyboard this morning and now my ↑ key is broken :cry:
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Alisae - I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm working against nancy rather than with her. is probably the weirdest post I've read so far in this game. I thought we were working together fine towards the end of D1. D2 was different because I obviously didn't agree with nancy's assessment that this was auto-win nor her reads. But I don't think I've "pushed" for any lynches today. In fact, I was trying to get nancy to explain why she disagreed with my reads so we could hash out the differences and probably improve our reads collectively. People taking the game for granted and assuming auto-win is one of my pet peeves (see Mini Normal 1838 for an example).

It almost seems like you are saying disagreeing with nancy is the same as "disregarding" nancy's reads which are completely different things.

I'm not sure why you think I'm teaching newbies that individual play is better than teamplay. The only thing I can think of is my keeping my track target secret.

This entire post feels like you are talking out of your ass.

@nancy, I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on whether you think I've been trying to work with you and whether the post that Aslan made accurately reflects the gamestate. I think he's bullshitting but I could be seeing it from a biased viewpoint.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

RIP nancy ;~;
I do have a spare keyboard though. =)
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

If there's a disconnect, find it and get the fuck back in sync.

And okay yeah. I'm talking out of my fucking ass when I am a TEAM centered player that focuses more on trying to work together with who they identify as town.
Yeah no, I think I understand why this isn't an autowin and why what is going on is going on. That is just straight up disrespectful. Like, the fuck? I try to encourage team work and you say I'm talking out of my ass?
And now you're doubting your read for really bullshit reasons because I'm trying to get my townreads to work together to push the same reads and agree on the same shit.

Why the fuck did I even try if I'm just going to get that response.
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Nothing you are saying is making any sense though. I don't understand how you can read the game and come to conclusions that you did.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like, let's also add you ruined a great fucking moment of syncronization where me and nancy MUTUALLY agreed to role swap to try to bait a night kill to give you a night to actually clear someone.

And I'm talking OUT OF MY FUCKING ASS WHEN I AM TRYING TO ENCOURAGE TEAMWORK.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2612, BlackVoid wrote:Nothing you are saying is making any sense though. I don't understand how you can read the game and come to conclusions that you did.
I've mostly been reading individual ISOs. I haven't read the WHOLE game. 68 pages of THIS? I replace in and usually try to grasp what is going on by reading ISOs. I almost NEVER read the whole game. I'm bad at reading and eventually I just zone out. It just doesn't compute for me.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2609, BlackVoid wrote:@nancy, I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on whether you think I've been trying to work with you and whether the post that Aslan made accurately reflects the gamestate.
I think you've been trying to work with me, I don't think Town has been working together overall at this point. I don't think the newbies really know what to do at this point, and I don't think Srceenplay has the drive to do anything. I was hoping that Ari would come in and talk about things, but he's wandered off, which is a scumtell for him. Aslan doesn't make the posts he's making right now as scum.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2613, Alisae wrote:Like, let's also add you ruined a great fucking moment of syncronization where me and nancy MUTUALLY agreed to role swap to try to bait a night kill to give you a night to actually clear someone.

If you honestly believe teaching newbies to fake-claim is a good idea, then I don't think we're going to see eye to eye here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by Alisae »

But that's okay, when I encourage GOOD TEAM TOWN PLAY I am TALKING OUT OF MY FUCKING ASS AND NOT MAKING ANY SENSE AS TO WHY TOWN NEEDS TO WORK TOGETHER.

/me sigh.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2613, Alisae wrote:Like, let's also add you ruined a great fucking moment of syncronization where me and nancy MUTUALLY agreed to role swap to try to bait a night kill to give you a night to actually clear someone.

Yea that was sadface :( :(
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2616, BlackVoid wrote:If you honestly believe teaching newbies to fake-claim is a good idea, then I don't think we're going to see eye to eye here.
I think teaching newbies how to fakeclaim is a terrific idea, personally.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by nancy »

Aslan I am townreading you.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by nancy »

I would like to lynch Noodle for reasons already stated. Do either of you have any reason to townread him?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by nancy »

{Aslan, BlackVoid, nancy} is now a friendly friendly masonry where we talk about things like friends being friendly.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2616, BlackVoid wrote:

If you honestly believe teaching newbies to fake-claim is a good idea, then I don't think we're going to see eye to eye here.
No. Let me tell you what that is. That is a GREAT example of what TEAM orientated town play looks like. If those fakeclaims resulted in town working together (Which by the way, it DID for a moment), then it's plays like those which create GAME WINNING SINAREOS. So if some dude by the name of BLACKVOID didn't ruin our brilliant plan, here's what would have happened.

Nancy - The real doc
Me - VT fakeclaiming doc to protect the real doc (Do you REALLY not understand how this is a pro-town move?)
BV - Our Tracker

{Ari, Srceen, WhyMafia, TesXX, Noodle} - Scum is in this pool.
Let's say today we lynch TesXX.
And I would die. Becuase killing the "Doc" is optimal.
You get a 25% chance of getting a guilty and a 75% of getting a clear.
Okay another lynch in that pool, let's say Noodle is cleared and Ari is lynched. We're left with a pool of {Srceen, WhyMafia}
nancy dies, you track one of those two. And you either get a clear or a guilty, G fucking G. Town win, gotten with 100% teamwork because I made the brilliant move of baiting a nightkill so you get two potential results.

Yeah, teaching newbies to fakeclaim when done right is a good idea WHEN DONE APPROPRIATELY.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2621, nancy wrote:I would like to lynch Noodle for reasons already stated. Do either of you have any reason to townread him?
My only real reason to townread him is Pine voteparking there.
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”