[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 am

Post by nancy »

If you read into Loopdan's posts for most of the game, it's pretty apparent he was barely reading thread beyond the first few pages or so. I don't think it's entirely likely he'd have put much thought into my claim or a NK.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 am

Post by BlackVoid »

WhyMafia doesn't have any completed games on site. I asked him for links to his homesite but he hasn't been online since. Agree with his interactions being a bit too blatant. Not really sure what to make of it.

I did see you fake-claim VT. Loopdan's seems to suggest that he believed your 1-shot BP claim though. He wouldn't have called it sub-optimal if he thought you were the doc because that would be optimal.

Also, something I forgot to mention earlier in my read of TesXX: here's his ISO in a recent scumgame. Part of the reason I was townreading him is the difference in tone. Here, even when he was talking about the setup, he came across as aggressive and confident. In his scumgame, he seemed really limp and hesitant. That's one reason I started townreading him and kept it up throughout. Wanted to make a note of it. Curious if you agree with my assessment.

So, current reads are something like this: StealthyNoodle -> TesXX -> Srceenplay -> Aristophanes -> WhyMafia -> Alisae.

Need to hear most from Aristo, and I need Src and WM to answer my questions. If I can solidly reads on all three, that would help me move forward.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:33 am

Post by nancy »

Yeah I've read Tes' meta already. I think I read everyone's meta here pretty thoroughly :P
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 am

Post by BlackVoid »

These are really weird posts though:
In post 333, Srceenplay wrote:Are you trying to say Pine is not Mafia?
In post 341, Srceenplay wrote:So, WhyMafia, you don't think Pine is scum?
Why would he be randomly asking people whether they don't think Pine is mafia? Seems like an informed read where he already know Pine is mafia.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2608, nancy wrote:I spilled milk on my keyboard this morning and now my ↑ key is broken :cry:
Don't get too Down about it! It may be a Up key battle, but I'm sure you can find away around it! Maybe in an ancient Scroll?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2701, BlackVoid wrote:Part of the reason I was townreading him is the difference in tone. Here, even when he was talking about the setup, he came across as aggressive and confident. In his scumgame, he seemed really limp and hesitant. That's one reason I started townreading him and kept it up throughout. Wanted to make a note of it. Curious if you agree with my assessment.
Tentatively agree, yes. I also think that he hasn't really been pressured all game so I don't know how accurate that is. The only time he's really been pressured was by me early game he kinda flailed hard.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2703, BlackVoid wrote:Why would he be randomly asking people whether they don't think Pine is mafia? Seems like an informed read where he already know Pine is mafia.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2704, Aristophanes wrote:Don't get too Down about it! It may be a Up key battle, but I'm sure you can find away around it! Maybe in an ancient Scroll?
:lol:
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 2567, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 2556, Alisae wrote:Would could lynch TesXX. The way he suggested nancy to be a doc while she was fakeclaiming 1-shot bp before the roleswap stuff happened doesn't exactly look the best?
Wouldn't he shoot nancy N1 if he thought that? That actually points against him being scum not towards.
I was pretty sure nancy was the doctor when she claimed bulletproof. But it
is
possible that scum would get scared by the possibility of doc!nancy and nokill, which is why chronicle going nowhere last night does
not
clear his slot.
I have to leave soon, will read the thread when I'm back.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2708, TesXX wrote:I was pretty sure nancy was the doctor when she claimed bulletproof.
Please link to posts indicating that you did indeed think this at the time.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:46 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1133, nancy wrote:@Void
In post 415, Srceenplay wrote:TRing TesXX for very incorrect reasons (obsession with setup rather than reads is scummy, not Towny).
Ftr Src's early game feels Town-motivated as fuck but this post makes me really side-eye him. If he doesn't have a TR on Tes here then this comment looks exactly like the kind of comment you make in dead threads where you're spoiled and talking about people's reads.
That was actually a quote from Pine's wall that src was responding to, not a post that src made himself.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 am

Post by nancy »

My point was that saying that someone is TRing another person for incorrect reasons is not something that you say when you don't know their alignment.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Src didn't actually say that though. He was quoting Pine without using the quote tag. Here's the original:
In post 387, Pine wrote:TRing TesXX for very incorrect reasons (obsession with setup rather than reads is scummy, not Towny).
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am

Post by nancy »

Ohhhhhhhhh. He didn't use quote tags.

Fuck yeah. Tes is locktown.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am

Post by nancy »

TES IS MOTHERFUCKING LOCKTOWN PEOPLE.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 am

Post by nancy »

Void we did it.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am

Post by nancy »

Ari what are your thoughts on Noodle?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2712, BlackVoid wrote:Src didn't actually say that though. He was quoting Pine without using the quote tag. Here's the original:
In post 387, Pine wrote:TRing TesXX for very incorrect reasons (obsession with setup rather than reads is scummy, not Towny).
I actually had Tes as locktown at one point for this and obviously completely forgot about it. God, I really ought to keep notes.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 am

Post by nancy »

Void how much longer do you have?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I can be around for a while. I have a weird sleep/work schedule right now. What's up?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 am

Post by nancy »

I'd like to summarize my issues with each slot and have you do yours and we go over as much as we can while we have this uninterrupted time together.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 am

Post by nancy »

You agree that Tes is locktown?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:11 am

Post by nancy »

Pine forcing that slot into his scumreads while perspective slipping knowledge of alignment, feels conclusive to me.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:11 am

Post by nancy »

I need to revisit that exchange with Srceenplay....
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1134, Srceenplay wrote:Seeing as Drixx hasn't been hammered makes me feel more comfortable being scum.

Pedit
I'm not in a dead thread.
Thoughts on this post Void?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”