Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Heartless »

Where we are on ThinkBig (Ali, this is mostly for you).
Antihero started out scumreading him because of the reads ThinkBig entered the game with. Yesterday, he asked me if I've ever played with him before to get meta on him. I told him about MathBlade's game and I alluded to him being lynchbaity. I'm definitely seeing some watermarks from that game like , bemoaning getting run up, , insisting he's town when called scum, and the replace out dance. There's also the fact he seems to have attracted a couple defenders, namely Transcend and Dunnstral, when if ThinkBig were scum I would think his team would just bus his scummy ass.
That said, ThinkBig's gameplay is bothersome and difficult to reconcile with him being town. Anti and I brainstormed last night for a while about what could explain the case of the dangling townreads. The best we could come up with was that he hadn't really been paying attention and he just reacted to real time events of the thread. That explanation strains plausibility.
To be sure, it's a troublesome slot but I don't think that read is nearly as cut-and-dry as you're making it out to be.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1875, Heartless wrote:Where we are on ThinkBig (Ali, this is mostly for you).
Antihero started out scumreading him because of the reads ThinkBig entered the game with. Yesterday, he asked me if I've ever played with him before to get meta on him. I told him about MathBlade's game and I alluded to him being lynchbaity. I'm definitely seeing some watermarks from that game like , bemoaning getting run up, , insisting he's town when called scum, and the replace out dance. There's also the fact he seems to have attracted a couple defenders, namely Transcend and Dunnstral, when if ThinkBig were scum I would think his team would just bus his scummy ass.
That said, ThinkBig's gameplay is bothersome and difficult to reconcile with him being town. Anti and I brainstormed last night for a while about what could explain the case of the dangling townreads. The best we could come up with was that he hadn't really been paying attention and he just reacted to real time events of the thread. That explanation strains plausibility.
To be sure, it's a troublesome slot but I don't think that read is nearly as cut-and-dry as you're making it out to be.
I am just at more people don't like groupthink so they TR scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1874, Aelita wrote:
In post 1873, Vecna wrote:Startup part 2 commencing now. Titus voting me means Titus likely being scum.
So your stance is that anyone voting you is scum? :O

Well, I am the same, let's bond.
Would you agree to be passive?
If so, we'll bond with you.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1873, Vecna wrote:Startup part 2 commencing now. Titus voting me means Titus likely being scum.
I didn't vote for you, I voted for ThinkBig. Nothing you have done has made me change my mind, and especially not this thinly veiled threat.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 1856, Randomnamechange wrote:im going to catch up with the game today but once I'm done with that I will talk to you <3
okay <3
In post 1859, Aelita wrote:
In post 1854, Bellaphant wrote:@menno, random, shiqf, ael -

Come tell me one thing about the game you are certain about, one thing you would like to be clearer on, and one question for me. Most of you are null as fuck, come talk to me <3
1. Dunnstral is scum
2. Why did lil' un turn traitor?
3. Why is the sky blue?
Yeaaah I'm leaning that way too. I've also remembered the try-hard start with a d payer is duppin!
Who's the lil'un?
Chemicals? Ask Anti :)
In post 1875, Heartless wrote:Where we are on ThinkBig (Ali, this is mostly for you).
i like this post, heartless is super town
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1876, Titus wrote:
I am just at more people don't like groupthink so they TR scum.
I don't know. Is there anything to support that narrative?
Dunn's defense is particularly feckless. He just glibly declares "We're not lynching tb day 1" once () and he doesn't really try to rebut Gork's points in a way he could reasonably expect to sway anyone. It's a "designed to fail defense" to borrow from Antihero lexicon.
Transcend put a little more effort into his defense when Anti got on his case about it, but I don't think it's great either. ThinkBig's claim isn't really alignment indicative and I don't see it as a big risk to take if ThinkBig were scum.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1879, Bellaphant wrote:Chemicals? Ask Anti
It's Rayleigh scattering. The nitrogen in the atmosphere selectively scatters incident solar radiation at blue wavelengths.
I took science classes in college too! :]
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1880, Heartless wrote:Dunn's defense is particularly feckless. He just glibly declares "We're not lynching tb day 1" once (Post 750) and he doesn't really try to rebut Gork's points in a way he could reasonably expect to sway anyone. It's a "designed to fail defense" to borrow from Antihero lexicon.
If this is accurate, it suggests TB town and Dunn scum wanting the ml to go through. That's not jiving with my analysis thus far.
In post 1880, Heartless wrote:Transcend put a little more effort into his defense when Anti got on his case about it, but I don't think it's great either. ThinkBig's claim isn't really alignment indicative and I don't see it as a big risk to take if ThinkBig were scum.
Not great defenses but heartfelt are triggers of being opposed to group think. More like Trans is selling himself.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I dont actaully know what you doooo?
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1871, Transcend wrote:Eddiebyte are you sure you asked the mod for a bond yet
I'm pretty sure giga did. I'll get them to confirm
Hydra of Eddie Cane and gigabyteTroubadour
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1882, Titus wrote:If this is accurate, it suggests TB town and Dunn scum wanting the ml to go through. That's not jiving with my analysis thus far.
You haven't proven that the timing of pushes on you and ThinkBig are anything beyond coincidence.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1882, Titus wrote:Not great defenses but heartfelt are triggers of being opposed to group think. More like Trans is selling himself.
Selling himself? To who?
What's your argument here?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1886, Heartless wrote:
In post 1882, Titus wrote:Not great defenses but heartfelt are triggers of being opposed to group think. More like Trans is selling himself.
Selling himself? To who?
Namely that Transcend is selling himself that TB is town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1885, Heartless wrote:
In post 1882, Titus wrote:If this is accurate, it suggests TB town and Dunn scum wanting the ml to go through. That's not jiving with my analysis thus far.
You haven't proven that the timing of pushes on you and ThinkBig are anything beyond coincidence.
Ok, coincidental timing, Alisae's track record, Vecna's OMGUS....

It's day 1, we aren't getting better than that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Vecna »

Catchup wall + notes part 2, starting at gamepage 10.
In post 258, Firebringer wrote:
In post 248, Transcend wrote:
In post 233, Transcend wrote:define: bonding
Let me explain what a bond is.

You see when companies are trying to raise capital they have two primary methods of doing so.
They either issue stocks or they get loans.

One loan or investment is a bond.
A bond is just something that general public can have access to.
Company borrows from you in order to finance their operations and they pay a fixed rate called the coupon rate or stated rate of the bond.

Now that's different than the actual market interest rate is, which if you want to go further changes whether the bond is being sold at premium or discount which affects the worth of bond, but that is kind of useless to you.

Bonds are good investment tools but the general public rarely owns bonds except for in things like mutual funds which will have a mixture of stocks and bonds that gets a modest rate of returns

Now there is also a seperate thing called being "bonded"
Which in financial world just means being insured. This is usually for someone entrusted with some money or asset so if the asset goes missing, the insurance company will cover damages and the bonded person while be investigated.

Any questions?
Scumread on Firebringer increasing, too much clever little posting still going on from the slot at this point.
In post 263, Titus wrote:VOTE: eddiebyte

Happiness shall be infinite!
Titus still all over the place, suspicion increasing.
In post 264, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: Titus

Down with your fake happiness.
SvS shenanigans? They never do this in all the other games ive played with em.
In post 269, Transcend wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok thnx :)
More reasons to be suspicious of Transcend. Fake/forced trolling & shitposting at first, and now he's suddenly interested in game-mechanics? Uh-huh.
In post 270, Fro99er wrote:
In post 160, Gorkington wrote:hi everyone wow look there sure are a lot of pages already haha :)
looking forward to playing a game of mafia!
should be a lot of fun i think!
Gork is actually good at this game.

That he comes in with a newb sounding post like this is something he's well aware could get him scumread

And he did it anyway because he DGAF

He's town

So again Eddiebyte, explain that scumread
Frogger doing things that sound towny.

-----

More posts on page 11 from Aelita, Titus and Giga hydra that make me suspicious (cba quoting all)

------
In post 276, Firebringer wrote:
In post 274, Titus wrote:We need hugs though.

I live the hug life.
Is that like the thug life's twin sister?
Is Fire really trying to poke/explain Titus' jokes? Chill out on the cheesy SvS interactions, please.
In post 333, jjh927 wrote:Hey Alisae.

Reciprocate: Hug

Transcend, why did you just consume and spit out my post
This is the slot im going to ignore this game I think
In post 337, Alisae wrote:
In post 335, Fro99er wrote:Oh yeah

two things.

1. VOTE: Eddiebyte

2. If Bella and I successfully bond, I know you guys will hate this but, instead of spamming this thread I'll probably just hideout in our hood tomorrow
Can you explain to me the eddiebyte wagon to me? I kinda just woke up and don't get it.

AND NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FROG YOU GIVE ME SADS ;~;
page 13 or 14 and im still not liking any of Alisae's posts. In fact im hating them with a passion. It better change quickly.
In post 338, Fro99er wrote:
In post 331, shiqf wrote:UNVOTE: Gorkington
It was a real vote, but gorks reaction to his wagon looks genuine

I'm really bad at reading all these shitposts, but I'm sorting a little bit
I read this at first and thought this is town

I reread it and i think it's more scummy

Conclusion: shut up frog
I had the same exact reaction, but opposite. Frogger is still town though.
In post 349, shiqf wrote:I voted Gork for his
Shiqf instantly shaken at a whiff of pressure. Might be scum as well.
In post 359, Randomnamechange wrote:ok gork is town
and titus and mcmenno are here
titus posting is town i think from them?
menno would be posting like this from either alignment
and that pick of the person from aelita's avi is fucking adorable
Strange entrance post from RM. Keeping an eye on the slot. I like RM. Also, I have no unholy idea why he thinks the posting from Titus was town-posting.

also:
In post 365, Randomnamechange wrote:VOTE: eddiebyte
frog and alisae can be town.
Bingo, reads are meshing. RM is town (not sure I agree on the Alisae part yet, but the other 2 statements I agree with completely)
In post 395, Gorkington wrote:swell.
eddie/ali can be my scumreads.
bella/fire can be my townreads.
frogger can be my hopefully townlean.
woooooooo
More meshing of reads. Gorkington is going to be my town-buddy this game.
In post 399, Randomnamechange wrote:btw i can't be bonded.
:(
In post 414, jjh927 wrote:Woah, I'm gonna need more time with the actual posting here to put some reads together, but I'm suspicious of the Eddie wagon. Not because I disagree that Eddie's behaviour is a bit scummy, because it is, but because of how the wagon has formed.

I think Frog townread Bella for a combination of meta/familiarity and, more importantly, being on the Eddie bandwagon. I'm suspicious of Frog and Random from that wagon.
I hate this post. Its the worst post in the thread up untill this point. Attention on this JJ Abrahams guy is increasing.
In post 443, Titus wrote:Ok, I submitted the bond.
Time for prod dodges on my least favorite day.

I am taking requests for smiles and hugs.
Why so passive day1 again Titus? Do something spectacular already.
In post 448, Eddiebyte wrote:VOTE: shiqf

gork is null at worsf
Ufff, the slot continues to post scummy stuff.
In post 457, Heartless wrote:ok i think i've antagonized alisae enough today

i'm gonna go take a shit
Your antagonizing game is rather weak. Up it up 4 notches please.
In post 461, jjh927 wrote:Wait, how am I the one shooting down anyone? Frog dismissed my argument as something it wasn't. He's being passive aggressive here. I don't think he's trying to make me seem like I'm scum, but he's definitely trying to discredit me as a bad town.

Ali, you're the only person in this game I can meta-read and the only time you've been scum, you were SK and the way our little exchange went forced some differences in play. But I'm going to townread you for your total lack of subtlety in general here.

I'm actually townreading Bella because Frog reasoning is pretty solid and nobody has challenged his ability to meta-read Bella. I don't trust my opinions on the hydras, because I've never played with hydras before and there being 2 people fucks with the way I tend to read.

There's been a lot of shitposting that I'd have to wade through 2-3 more times in order to really get a feel for everyone, and we're getting into an actual conversation here with plenty of IRL time to go, so I'm not sure it's worth doing that.

PEdit:
Vote: Eddiebyte

I like the vote......but the tone of this post comes off extremely weird. I dont know this person (i think?) but this post alone is grounds for being extremely suspicious of this slot. Ill be keeping an eye on you as well.
In post 480, Eddiebyte wrote:I don't particularly think our wagon is scum driven though. I wouldn't be shocked if it was all town, and would be extremely shocked if there was more than one scum. this kind of rvs wagon is usually mostly town and scum usually milks towncred off of it. at least, that's if you don't put stock in vca ;) I mostly consider those votes on us townie tonally more than anything esle. I find scum often like to attach arbitrary reasoning etc to votes.
More scumposting^extreme. After reading this shit im raelly wondering hwo this day didnt end like within 2 pages of this shit going down.

In post 510, Alisae wrote:Like, the way Eddie analyzed his wagon was like "I'm throwing out words and reads to look like I'm doing something and look like I'm being productive."
I don't like it.
This.
In post 514, Alisae wrote:WAIT?
IS TRANSCEND READING ME CORRECTLY????????
(His role makes that rather easy)
In post 540, Titus wrote:
In post 530, Alisae wrote:=(
Please request hug. I no like frowns.
Does this Titus posting style ever stop? I havent played a game with scumtus yet, but dont tell me this is the playstyle people are referring to as mastermind Titus? Right now its more like someone with an extremely large tongue drewling all over the place.
In post 546, Fro99er wrote:-------- THIS IS THE TOWN

{Fro99er}
{Firebringer}
{Bellaphant}

-------- THIS IS THE TOWN LEAN

{Transcend, Gorkington}
{jjh927}

-------- THIS IS THE NULL

{Titus, Heartless}
{shiqf, McMenno, Randomidget, ThinkBig}
{Dunnstral, Aelita}

-------- THIS IS THE SLIGHT SCUM LEAN

{Alisae}

-------- THIS IS THE SCUM

{Eddiebyte}
Hmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I dont vibe well with these reads really. Which is surprising, last game me and frogger were pretty much on the same page about a lot of things. Whats going on here. Only the Eddie, Menno and Heart reads are where id put them....which is a rather big difference overall. Maybe its because im not live-reading, maybe its because Frogger has a lot more experience with a bunch of these people.....but these....reads.....feel off to me.
In post 621, jjh927 wrote:I'm pretty happy, actually. It's my default state.

Alisae, I actually townread ThinkBig just because he's deaf. He can't fake someone else not being able to post, right? So I have no reason to doubt that this is fact. Next up, we have to consider why a scum role would have this modifier, and I just can't see it happening. It smells of balance changes to make a town role weaker. I don't really think it would make scum any weaker.
Ooooh look at the smart boy. Yes, that right. My role mechanically townclears me pretty much.
In post 633, Dunnstral wrote:But tb's is provable and yours isn't

And you're a known fakeclaimer

You have to privately agree to bond. What you're claiming can be faked
yeah.....its kind of convenient that >2< people claimed to not be able to bond. I guess scum has daychat, eh? :cop:
In post 635, ThinkBig wrote:Holy crap nearly 30 pages already?!?

I will be at work for 3 more hours. I'll hopefully be posting some tonight. Due to my negative utilities, I was thinking about claiming ok full. However, I still have a few questions about my role.

Flavor Name: Beethoven
Role: I am a Modified Bond Passively Bonded Self-Enabling Disabled Night-Talk Enabler.

Essentially if I understand everything correctly, when I am passive in a bond, I can compose a piece of music and the following night I will enable night chat for the game.
Oh, my role was full-claimed already, how wonderfull. Guess im not gonna be alive very long in this game. Unless scum realize im most likely just an innocent child which enables night chat every once in a while with bad reads :)

Hehehehe, look at Alisae dreading the idea of having to waste a NK on thinkbig.
In post 653, jjh927 wrote:It's consistent, though. He's not completely certain that his role is the way he understands it. Twice.
I can confirm that this is due to how the role PM is written. It is quite tricky to understand, and took even me a while.
In post 672, Titus wrote:
In post 670, Gorkington wrote:hopefully i'll get there.
im pretty bummed in general right now and i dont like how im playing :(

p-edit: hehe
Bummed is not acceptable. Would you like cat videos?
Im starting to suspect Titus has some role requirement that every post she makes needs to be hippy/uplifting/goody-goody in nature. Is your flavour like bob dylan or bob marley Titus? Or the teacher from beavis and butthead?
In post 676, Titus wrote:No. I'm supposed to post happy things, you do all the scum catching while I am on a beach, smiling.
O snap, called it.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Vecna »

oops, forgot that spoiler thing, sorry.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Vecna »

Hmmm it also seems that something went wrong with the quote thing, theres a lot of thoughts there that all appear to be part of one post (theyre not).
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Vecna »

We can do that.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Vecna »

Ill need to be passive though Aelita, as described in TB's earlier claim (you can see it quoted in my wall if you missed it).
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1887, Titus wrote:
In post 1886, Heartless wrote:
Selling himself? To who?
Namely that Transcend is selling himself that TB is town.
We are acutely aware that's possible, especially if the TB slot is scum.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1877, Heartless wrote:

Can also bond with you, my ability requires me to be passive for that nightchat to be enabled night2.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1889, Vecna wrote:Does this Titus posting style ever stop? I havent played a game with scumtus yet, but dont tell me this is the playstyle people are referring to as mastermind Titus? Right now its more like someone with an extremely large tongue drewling all over the place.
Actually saw this. No one referred to me as a mastermind, so where did you get that impression?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1878, Titus wrote:
I didn't vote for you, I voted for ThinkBig. Nothing you have done has made me change my mind, and especially not this thinly veiled threat.
Oh ok fair enough, I didnt read the last 10 pages or so, I thought you had voted me after I replaced in, which I wouldve found very scummy (which I think you can understand).
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1895, Vecna wrote:
In post 1877, Heartless wrote:

Can also bond with you, my ability requires me to be passive for that nightchat to be enabled night2.
Back off. Heartless is bonding with me and Aelita.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1896, Titus wrote:
In post 1889, Vecna wrote:Does this Titus posting style ever stop? I havent played a game with scumtus yet, but dont tell me this is the playstyle people are referring to as mastermind Titus? Right now its more like someone with an extremely large tongue drewling all over the place.
Actually saw this. No one referred to me as a mastermind, so where did you get that impression?
Not in this game, I think it was in like.....Code geass? When talking about your scum game. not certain anymore.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”