T
Y
M
E
M
E
S

todays vladimir lenin's birthday btw
In post 1927, Eddiebyte wrote:that probably would have been better as a pagetop :dead:
Hydra of Eddie Cane and gigabyteTroubadour
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

oh my god i used the wrong form of too
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

@rc can u edit that
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think there's something in the Dunnstral-McMenno interactions that's fishy, but can't tell you what. Call it a gut feeling atm. But I don't think that McMenno and Dunn are both town. I'm leaning towards scum!McMenno attempting to buddy town!Dunnstral but I'm not certain on it.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:22 am

Post by jjh927 »

Wow I reek of uncertainty right now. Could someone ask me my reads on me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1929, Aelita wrote:VOTE: Vecna

Because scum role can have town utility and still be scum role and flavor is not indicative of alignment either. Go read SU2 mafia for details on how scum role can have town flavor and town utility and still be a scum role.
But what about his posts? You're only talking about his his role CAN be scum. OK.... that doesn't explain your vote, anyone CAN be scum
Eddiebyte wrote:
In post 1948, Dunnstral wrote:Like I'm not even talking to you and you're saying I'm trying to annoy you (?) and I must be scum because other people are voting you
that's literally the grossest way you can misread that
Why don't you enlighten me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1954, jjh927 wrote:Wow I reek of uncertainty right now. Could someone ask me my reads on me?
What is your read on jjh927
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1930, Eddiebyte wrote:pedit: aelita stole the words right from my mouth
you too
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1939, Aelita wrote:
In post 1935, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1880, Heartless wrote:
In post 1876, Titus wrote:
In post 1875, Heartless wrote:Where we are on ThinkBig (Ali, this is mostly for you).
Antihero started out scumreading him because of the reads ThinkBig entered the game with. Yesterday, he asked me if I've ever played with him before to get meta on him. I told him about MathBlade's game and I alluded to him being lynchbaity. I'm definitely seeing some watermarks from that game like , bemoaning getting run up, , insisting he's town when called scum, and the replace out dance. There's also the fact he seems to have attracted a couple defenders, namely Transcend and Dunnstral, when if ThinkBig were scum I would think his team would just bus his scummy ass.
That said, ThinkBig's gameplay is bothersome and difficult to reconcile with him being town. Anti and I brainstormed last night for a while about what could explain the case of the dangling townreads. The best we could come up with was that he hadn't really been paying attention and he just reacted to real time events of the thread. That explanation strains plausibility.
To be sure, it's a troublesome slot but I don't think that read is nearly as cut-and-dry as you're making it out to be.
I am just at more people don't like groupthink so they TR scum.
I don't know. Is there anything to support that narrative?
Dunn's defense is particularly feckless. He just glibly declares "We're not lynching tb day 1" once () and he doesn't really try to rebut Gork's points in a way he could reasonably expect to sway anyone. It's a "designed to fail defense" to borrow from Antihero lexicon.
Transcend put a little more effort into his defense when Anti got on his case about it, but I don't think it's great either. ThinkBig's claim isn't really alignment indicative and I don't see it as a big risk to take if ThinkBig were scum.
We're not lynching them because of their role

Nothing else to say
Role=/= alignment

Scumteam found: Dunnstral, Vecna and someone else who I will find.

Humor me, why can't they be scum. And just saying 'because the role town' doesn't cut it.

Role =/= alignment

Think otherwise and you'd get burned, just like how I was during SU2.
Why are they scum?

Forget about their role
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1953, jjh927 wrote:I think there's something in the Dunnstral-McMenno interactions that's fishy, but can't tell you what. Call it a gut feeling atm. But I don't think that McMenno and Dunn are both town. I'm leaning towards scum!McMenno attempting to buddy town!Dunnstral but I'm not certain on it.
I'm not seeing what you're seeing

Or how mcmenno could be buddying me
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:28 am

Post by jjh927 »

Hmm, my read on jj? Well, in my experience playing with him, I've had a 100% read accuracy and played every single game he's been in- though whenever he's been scum, I've also been scum, so I don't have a good meta-case there without falling prone to confirmation bias.

He's town though; we live in the same house and his computer was on and I read his role PM.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:32 am

Post by jjh927 »

He definitely threw out a townread on you if you check his iso, but recently dismissed it and I'm not buying it.

Also I might be being stubborn and insisting I'm seeing something where I'm not because I wanted to ask you about your reads on each other for hours and I hardly got shit from the replies.
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1953, jjh927 wrote:I think there's something in the Dunnstral-McMenno interactions that's fishy, but can't tell you what. Call it a gut feeling atm. But I don't think that McMenno and Dunn are both town. I'm leaning towards scum!McMenno attempting to buddy town!Dunnstral but I'm not certain on it.
why is dunn town though besides that?

i'm scumreading both of them btw - how likely do you think it is that scum bonds with each other?
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1955, Dunnstral wrote:Why don't you enlighten me
when you first posted in the game you probably expected me to be well townread as usual so you could plausibly try to pocket me for endgame - sheeping my push for example

then when i suddenly got heat you had to shift gears and you kind of took refuge in the background but your actions never really reflect what you're saying. your vote was parked on gork for way too long for someone who thought i was scummy

~giggles
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

like jj i agree that theyre bond is weird as fuck but idk how bonding would work for scum at all
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

*their

this is embarrassing kms :dead:
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1957, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1930, Eddiebyte wrote:pedit: aelita stole the words right from my mouth
you too
i dont know if i agree with aelita's vote but tb was scummy and i dont like vecna trying to score towncred from his role

like i can see the town motive but it's still a bad thing to push

sorting vecna would probably help but i didn't read all of his catchup walls
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1558, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1556, Alisae wrote:AKA he's quoting things scum said.
You think he's softing scum? :)
didnt he do that in pyp
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1967, Eddiebyte wrote:
didnt he do that in pyp
Uh, which one
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1968, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1967, Eddiebyte wrote:
didnt he do that in pyp
Uh, which one
the one he was in (the card one)

can you not dodge my question btw about gork like i now know for a fact ive asked it and you still haven't answered

~giggles
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1969, Eddiebyte wrote:can you not dodge my question btw about gork like i now know for a fact ive asked it and you still haven't answered
I just said I haven't read stuff

That's why I just quoted a bunch of stuff from 1000 posts ago?

Link it

Also, wasn't mcmenno town in that game
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I thought you were saying he had softed scum as scum
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Vecna »

Im not gonna forget to put a nice spoiler around my wall this time. BUT, please dont let that stop you from actually reading them. You buggers now I can obv-town so please allow me the possibility and read all that :down:

Spoiler:
In post 1126, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1124, jjh927 wrote:I'm october 8th.

And what, you're saying that I would defend town!TB for towncred? I assure you, I do not know TB's alignment but I take his breaking down to be sincere and personally believe that it would be worse on so many levels to break down like that as scum. I do not think he is a terrible person, as Frog seems to be implying. If you townread someone who is on the chopping block, you should always speak up.
No I am saying the way you went about defending or throwing questions in game was inherently scummy.

Nothing to do with TB alignment
ooh, it finally woke up. Thinking that JJ is White-knighting my slot. It might be the case. I do think at least one towny shouldve seen the inherent towny nature of the actual claim, since its just rediculous to think the claim could be a scum claimin that ability.
In post 1128, Gorkington wrote:i think its worse if tb is town.
This may be true for the way he defended himself and replaced out.....but lets be honest here. The fact pretty much noone even thought things through with the actual claim is kind of sad as well.
In post 1129, Alisae wrote:So you weren't understanding what I was refering to when I was crumbing about chocolates and stuff.
Are chocolates in this context the same thing as cookies but slightly difference? Because if so, I have a real sweet tooth, and ill make you see the light yet - ive never failed in that regard yet, and you know it - so give me some time and an open mind.
In post 1143, Gorkington wrote:i just wanted to say
that as of right now
ive got a good feeling about this group of players.
like.
sometimes i play a game
and im like "oh my fuck if i die everything will fall apart".
but i think theres some good townies in this game.
and im kind of excited about it!
I think youre misreading at least 1 of them.
In post 1145, Gorkington wrote:like holy shit we've had two wagons in one day.
thats awesome sauce.

p-edit: I WASNT GOING TO SAY IT BUT I MEAN.
We had about 5 in civ mafia day1....didnt turn out so well :good:
In post 1149, Transcend wrote:Told you thinkbig was town
Transcend, im feeling ignored. Are you scum white-knighting my predecessor? Im getting weird vibed from you.
In post 1162, Fro99er wrote:JJ you can stop defending TB

We get it.

You think he's town.

How about scumhuting instead
And this post again I kind of like. I really hope my little voice is wrong and Frogger is actually town. That'd be nice. Id like the option of a 2nd try.
In post 1184, Gorkington wrote:haha sorry titus
frog and i are uncatchable now.
Gorkington, why so high on the continuous shitposting. Care to do some more goodposting again? And none of that evil Ate that you used to fool me last time.
In post 1221, Heartless wrote:
In post 1210, Transcend wrote:better question:

why is he scum
nononononononononooono

"why is he town?" is a perfectly good question

i mean... i GUESS you could possibly townread the replace-out outburst/s but that should've been shattered by the retraction

what is town about 4 half-assed townreads on the spammer friends?
Im getting some scum-pings from this slot as well. Just small ones for now. But now that I think about it.....this slot really hasnt done shit yet so far. Im gonna go ahead and place an early wager this one is carefully hiding scum.
In post 1236, Heartless wrote:
In post 646, jjh927 wrote:PEdit: It would be town utility, wouldn't it? I guess I'm assuming things are predictable like that. Maybe I am wrong after all.
(quick aside about MS meta: any upick mod worth their salt will make scum roles that have conceivable town utility. it's also possible there's "scummy" dimensions to the role [like strongman or ninja or something] in addition to the "town" part. with a few exceptions [obvious confirmables like mason/IC; for the most part killing roles are town] role is null in upicks/role madness.)
Yuuuuuup, this slot is starting to ping me slightly harder for scum now. Im expecting a push from the slot to see if it can get TB lynched in the next few pages without actually being an obvious driving force behind it.

Im watching you potential buckets.
In post 1239, Heartless wrote:probably the best point for thinkbig being town now is transcend wking the wagon
oh. lol.
In post 1240, Transcend wrote:you guys have got to be kidding me if you think that his BEETHOVEN claim is fake and there's some scum counterclaim to that.

beethoven's not gonna be scumsided, the role he has doesn't sound scumsided at all

plus his iso is town as fuck what the fuck are you guys missing i don't even understand

thinkbig don't hardclaim in your third post for no reason next game lmfao
+
In post 1241, Eddiebyte wrote:i really dont want to wagon trans like

if i have to pull up meta i will but after botching my read on trans in pyp-with-cards i can pick up when trans doesnt give a shit about the game and becomes easy lynchbait :/

@trans what do you think of dunn here? im kind of sketched out by the fact he completely ignored the fact im pushing on him and you havent really weighed in on him when i'm trying to wagon him against your townread?

ftr i'm not going to vote tb until i can at least review the meta points and i wont have time until like after work so

pedit:
Transcend wrote:you guys have got to be kidding me if you think that his BEETHOVEN claim is fake and there's some scum counterclaim to that.

beethoven's not gonna be scumsided, the role he has doesn't sound scumsided at all

plus his iso is town as fuck what the fuck are you guys missing i don't even understand

you know flavor's nai right :/
Quite some truth in these posts, and they make me feel slightly better about both slots. They both might be town yet.
In post 1244, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1240, Transcend wrote:you guys have got to be kidding me if you think that his BEETHOVEN claim is fake and there's some scum counterclaim to that.

did you not read heartless statement about upicks the scum roles having SOME town utility?

you aren't new buddy.
BIG EEEEEEW-post. yuk. Scumpoints through - the - roof.
In post 1245, Transcend wrote:
In post 1241, Eddiebyte wrote:@trans what do you think of dunn here? im kind of sketched out by the fact he completely ignored the fact im pushing on him and you havent really weighed in on him when i'm trying to wagon him against your townread?
i can't read him anymore

he used to be so fucking obvious town within about 5 posts of his game

but now he's hard to read
Shame Transcend didnt post stuff like this straight away. Im actually likin this group of posts quite a lot, and I felt the exact same way. To me, Dunn's entrance felt like a carbon copy of PYP. He has gone inactive, and I dont know his scumgame, but I felt pretty good about a slight TR on dunn for his early posting. Not a read on very certain on yet, but its a good starting point.
In post 1247, Firebringer wrote:i really think this excuse on TB role claim being town is silly.
if you want to argue TB doesn't claim his first post as scum, thats worthy of something.

Saying his role is inherently townie is stupid
It is not, at all. The role is inherantly towny.

Unless you really think its one of those games where I have a role pm with like 6 lines of abilities, with a ton of hidden scum potential that all need to mesh with the beethoven theme. Id rather say thinking along those lines is "stupid" as you put it though. And the Upick role design really doesnt get based on giving someone an OBVIOUS town role pm, and then just randomly adding some extra scum abilities that make no sense whatsoever flavourwise.

Lets just say my role is that of a frail old man. Its the role that balances the other town pr's with a higher power level. Thats what beethoven was after all. A musical genious with a nice trick, but very few other noteworthy traits (afaik).
In post 1252, Heartless wrote:
In post 1240, Transcend wrote:plus his iso is town as fuck what the fuck are you guys missing i don't even understand
a town case should be SUPER easy then
This slot just keeps taking the occasional putshots at people, without really showing any hunting or original thought of its own.

This slot is quickly entering my scum top3
In post 1277, Gorkington wrote:{also i have to be honest fire, im a little scared of heartless :s dont tell them i said that though}
aaaah, someone else is noticing what im noticing eh? Good. We finally get to be town together gorkington, and youre having a nice activity level here. Bravo, it pleases me.
In post 1280, Firebringer wrote:i am hard to read. why are people town reading me?
if anyone should be nervous of someone, it should be you guys of me.
my scum game is pro now.

See: Kids Mafia
And these type of ego posts come from scum x times out of x [fill in your own imagined statistic, but its scum more often than not]
In post 1299, Firebringer wrote:My scum list right now:

Transcend, JJ, Titus, Alisae

Alisae is weakest scum read, because their case on TB felt a bit townie, but meh.
I am not letting that read go easily.
But then again.....I might be allergic to his posting style, but I can vibe with these reads pretty well. I think he's wrong about transcend at this point (but im not too sure yet), but I can all see these reads coming from a town analysis quite easily.
In post 1318, Bellaphant wrote:You've made 85 posts and had zero impact on the game? I can't see where your head is at at all.
:up: - its on purpose though.....the question is....why?

Lets see, im upto page 54 now or so. Not gonna stop just yet since its actually kind of an interesting game so far. Gonna try and do a new little reads-list thingy here.

These reads are as im seeing the game based on page 1-54, keep that in mind please.

Most likely town:
Gorkington, Transcend

Probably town, but not quite as certain:
Eddiebyte, Frogger, Alisae

Null, lurking or too much shitposting
Dunnstral, McMenno, RandomMidget, Shiqf, Aelita, Bella

Potential scum:
Heartless, JJ, Firebringer

Firebringer is the weakest scumread there. JJ isnt terribly strong of a read either. At this point id love to lynch McMenno since he's not gonna do any AI shit the entire game anyway and he'll be a lategame mislynch as town, and a good informationless scumlynch if scum. Yes, I know youre going to attack me for this last line, but its still a smart idea.
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

In post 1945, Eddiebyte wrote:why did you vote for gorkington while you were scumreading me
i asked it a page ago you chicken nugget :dead:

~giggles
Eddiebyte
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Eddiebyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Eddiebyte »

vecna i havent read your stuff but why is heartless your top scumread