[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3322, TesXX wrote:
In post 3315, nancy wrote: Sorry boys, you're stuck with the dollar. ;)
I GETS DA MONEYS

I've won

exactly as planned...
XDXDXDXD
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3321, Srceenplay wrote:nancy you are done?
This was probably my last mafia game, yes, unless Jae manages to succeed in forcing me to play one last game with them (they've been trying desperately). I won't be playing any more in the foreseeable future, except from dead threads. Have considered playing as IC because newbie games are not emotionally taxing at all and that's why am not playing anymore but I dunno (obvs would not play anything like I did here as IC).
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by nancy »

Ftr, aside from people ignoring my Loopdan read, every time I showed any time of frustration or other negative emotion during this game - 100% acting :P
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Transcend »

All the newbie slots were vt and nancy posted 1000 times
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 3323, Alisae wrote:TesXX you seem like a player that would be really frustrating to have in the town. Though as time progresses I think you'll get better with your town play :)
Yeah each game I do shows me ways I can improve my town play. Also how I can improve my trolling play.
nancy wrote:
In post 3321, Srceenplay wrote:nancy you are done?
This was probably my last mafia game
How come?(You may have been asked this before so my bad if I'm making you repeat yourself)
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by nancy »

Also here are my PMs to Mini.

You're not gonna believe the one at the bottom.

Spoiler:
Re: [Day 1] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

Sent: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 pm
by nancy
My strategy for today will be to gradually backtrack my SRs on Noodle and Tes then engineer a deadline compromise lynch on WhyMafia.

Sent: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:44 pm
by MiniDeathStar
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, nancy! You're definitely the most entertaining player to follow. I hope you survive to endgame.

Sent: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:48 pm
by nancy
If Pine is scum I'm dead tonight :P

Sent: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:52 pm
by nancy
Assuming Pine is scum, if I want to have any hope of staying alive I basically have to keep Pine thinking he has me pocketed (and the way his readslist nearly mirrors mine just screams pocketpocketpocketpocket). To do that WHILE pushing WM is going to be very difficult because he knows that I know his meta really well wrt anti-bus / hard defending scumbuds so he has to carefully defend WM and counterpush without making it blatant and I have to make him think that I'm not catching on and continuing to believe wholeheartedly that both scum are in newbies. That's why I have to make it a deadline compromise lynch, there's no other hope of it going through without making Pine suspect I suspect him.

Sent: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:53 pm
by nancy
And thanks for the encouragement :)

Sent: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:59 pm
by nancy
The funnier thing is that I actually predicted this might be the case way earlier, when he first jumped on Noodle and started chainsawing for me. At that point I went along with him and let him buddy me so that he'd think he had me pocketed (if he were scum, I wasn't sure he was scum until his catch-up post and there was a bit there where I actually thought he was Town because Noodle was scumming it up and Pine would never push a scumbud), so basically I went along with his early reads and pushed that knowing that one of {Noodle, Tes, WM} was almost definitely Pine's partner and put two of them as SRs to see how he'd respond - he put both as SRs and waffled on WM PRESUMABLY (I could be COMPLETELY conf!biasing here and Pine isn't scum) to not lay completely obvious associatives with WM. So it's a pretty strange case where I followed him early as a test to get him to follow me later.... lol!

edit oh yeah and I'm like 95% sure Loopdan is Tracker and we're in 2 goon. If Loopdan isn't tracker then it's gotta be src.

edit2 actually there's an off-chance that we're in goon/RB and if that's the case then Pine is defo the RB because he wouldn't waffle the way he has on defending WM if WM were the RB....

edit3 and I'm pretty sure Pine suspects that I'm a PR so I should probably soft VT a few more times.... I softed once early I dunno if you caught it. When I said "go ahead and lynch me".

edit4 oh yea and the whole reason I claimed VT is because I Freudian slipped a Doc claim basically when I was discussing the claim stuff. Funnily enough I can actually go back and use that as a crumb if I want to if I ever have to claim lol. After I claimed VT I had to fake frustration and annoyance at Loopdan to make the claim seem more real :P

edit5 of course all the while I'm doing all this I have to account for the possbility that Pine is ACTUALLY TOWN so I never want to actually push Pine at any point today and I want to keep his TR on me strong so that if he is Town then we have good synergy later (and I'll probably not die tonight). Underneath all of this too is my trying to keep myself in the lynchpool so that I don't eat a NK and also trying to influence the NK towards Loopdan or Pine. Gotta be somewhat scummy and not lead Town. I was thinking of trying to construct a narrative where the IC is the linchpin of Town in order to make Pine the NK choice if the team were two newbies but since I now think that Pine is probably scum I have to try and get people to read Loop as Town and make him a universal TR - problem is Pine is scumleaning him and the newbies might start sheeping that. But if Pine is scum and he doesn't NK me he'll be going for Loop anyway because of the PR vibes (unless I'm wrong about those).

edit6 oh yeah and I think I'll drop src into my scumleans so that just in case I don't end up pushing the WM lynch through we can lynch Noodle and then Pine might feel fine not NKing me because I'll have another scumspect to go on and won't get paranoid about Pine. Basically have to reassure Pine via my reads that I'll never get paranoid about him, but also without ever making it impossible for me to regress on those reads when I need to in order to lynch Pine if he turns out to be scum. The benefit of going for Noodle is that if Noodle IS scum then that clears Pine, I just have to be careful about that because there's no guarantee I live the night and I don't trust the newbies/Loopdan to take down scum!Pine AT ALL.

Sent: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:13 am
by nancy
Actually hmmmmmmmmm

I just went through Loopdan's games and this looks like scum meta. I thought his scumminess meant he was a PR because I always scumread PRs. But I can't actually find any times he's played a PR, he's always VT....

Sent: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:18 am
by nancy
Fuckit I'm gonna push on him and see what happens.

Spoiler:
Re: Fwd: [Role PM] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

Sent: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 am
by nancy
first time playing doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i haven't read thread yet but i pick pine and loopdan as scum

i think loopdan is in this game?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3329, TesXX wrote:Yeah each game I do shows me ways I can improve my town play. Also how I can improve my trolling play.
First you can have some reading because reading is nice!

viewtopic.php?p=9065879#p9065879 - mhsmith's inexperienced challenger (IC) post.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y:MastinMD - A bunch of articles that are really just worth reading in general. By Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70951 - A guide to Vote Count Analysis (VCA) By Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71050 - Charisma in Mafia
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71056 - The Importance of Transparency, Cooperation & Effort as Town
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15933 - Article about Tells by Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15932 - Article about Playing Well by Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16540 - Another VCA Article by Mastina

One of the things that recently changed with sitemeta is, well, it's a fairly negative change. A lot of towns nowadays don't work together. They have these egos and they rather focus on being correct then actually work together and do actual teamplay. So trying to work with your fellow town, trying to see what reads you can bounce back and forth with them, pushing reads together, all of that stuff is important to working together with your town.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3329, TesXX wrote:How come?(You may have been asked this before so my bad if I'm making you repeat yourself)
Am not fit for it emotionally. Playing Town is an extremely lonely experience and it affects my emotions hugely to be deceived and gaslit so for my mental health I cannot play.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3331, Alisae wrote:One of the things that recently changed with sitemeta is, well, it's a fairly negative change. A lot of towns nowadays don't work together. They have these egos and they rather focus on being correct then actually work together and do actual teamplay. So trying to work with your fellow town, trying to see what reads you can bounce back and forth with them, pushing reads together, all of that stuff is important to working together with your town.
So much this.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 3313, mhsmith0 wrote:Brevity and sparseness is a hard thing to do sometimes, but in general I think it makes for a bit of a better game (certainly an easier one for people to follow, especially for replacements).
I believe the amount of posting has it's pros and cons:
It's easy to get
confused
and
lose motivation
when trying to catch up - and I believe many a player would step down their townplay in such a situation.
At the same time, more content means
more material to read from
; potential evidence, both for clearing and accusation. It lays a path for furher discussion. BlackVoid truly took advantage of this.

I think most of the posting was game-related, but yeah, quality over quantity I guess.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 3332, nancy wrote:
In post 3329, TesXX wrote:How come?(You may have been asked this before so my bad if I'm making you repeat yourself)
Am not fit for it emotionally. Playing Town is an extremely lonely experience and it affects my emotions hugely to be deceived and gaslit so for my mental health I cannot play.
Ok. Hopefully you'll decide to come back and play again some day.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, I hope you return to playing at some point nancy. Working with you was pretty cool. You were a catalyst to helping me reassess reads where I was wrong. It would be interesting to see whether we'd have been able to pull it off if we had to worry about reading each other as well. Both of us being conf-town minimized the effects of our reads clashing so hard at points.

I also think having two conf-town to rally around was pro-town on average and probably is a case for PRs/conf-town outing early being beneficial.

@StealthyNoodle, cheers! Looking forward to seeing you around in future games. Nice job nailing down the scum IC D1.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

BV did you see my posts.
Plz tell me you don't hate me cuz I don't hate you ;~;
GTKAS
| here.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 3330, nancy wrote:compromise lynch on WhyMafia.
;-;
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 3331, Alisae wrote:
In post 3329, TesXX wrote:Yeah each game I do shows me ways I can improve my town play. Also how I can improve my trolling play.
First you can have some reading because reading is nice!

viewtopic.php?p=9065879#p9065879 - mhsmith's inexperienced challenger (IC) post.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y:MastinMD - A bunch of articles that are really just worth reading in general. By Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70951 - A guide to Vote Count Analysis (VCA) By Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71050 - Charisma in Mafia
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71056 - The Importance of Transparency, Cooperation & Effort as Town
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15933 - Article about Tells by Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15932 - Article about Playing Well by Mastina
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16540 - Another VCA Article by Mastina

One of the things that recently changed with sitemeta is, well, it's a fairly negative change. A lot of towns nowadays don't work together. They have these egos and they rather focus on being correct then actually work together and do actual teamplay. So trying to work with your fellow town, trying to see what reads you can bounce back and forth with them, pushing reads together, all of that stuff is important to working together with your town.
true :/
I've noticed that some people are so arrogant on this site :/ (Not you guys of course!)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3206, Alisae wrote:I'm being tracked when there's a no kill.
That suggests I'm a doctor :P
Problem is it sets a 1v1 with nancy, and there wouldn't have been few enough phases to not get lynched from it.

Honestly, had I this day kept going, I may have switched to you as a nullscum read. The consistent push for me to get tracked over you getting tracked was scummy and it was really the only thing that gave me pause in your play! The AtE was great and you pocketed me really quickly with your teamwork thing!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 3332, nancy wrote:
Aww :/
It was a blast playing with you
Whenever you're up to it, come back :)
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3339, WhyMafia wrote:I've noticed that some people are so arrogant on this site
Yeah! Uh... those guys... totally suck! I'm definitely not one of them or anything

:shifty:
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3336, BlackVoid wrote:Yeah, I hope you return to playing at some point nancy. Working with you was pretty cool. You were a catalyst to helping me reassess reads where I was wrong. It would be interesting to see whether we'd have been able to pull it off if we had to worry about reading each other as well. Both of us being conf-town minimized the effects of our reads clashing so hard at points.

I also think having two conf-town to rally around was pro-town on average and probably is a case for PRs/conf-town outing early being beneficial.
I was actually thinking to myself at certain points that I would've absolutely been scumreading some of your content - specifically your townreads on Noodle and Loopdan and your read on WhyMafia I think were the three points where I was like, god if this guy wasn't conf!town I would be getting paranoid as fuck right now.

The way the game played out it was absolutely beneficial to have us both as conf!town giving Town something to orient themselves around (you = lawful good, me = chaotic good/neutral), but I still absolutely oppose the idea of claiming BP out the gate because of all the reasons already stated in thread. For newbies rolling PRs, I am convinced that it absolutely stunts their experience of playing Town. Learning how people read you and getting yourself to be read as Town is a super crucial skill to learn as a newbie and being conf!town from page 5 just completely shuts that down. The other part of being an unclaimed PR is that when you DO claim, you have a bunch of material to work with wrt how other people have read you and, once you are uncounterclaimed, how people respond to that too. One of the biggest reasons I locked on to Loopdan as scum rather than just suspecting him was by his response to my claim and you lose that with the claim strat. So it isn't just that newbies are demotivated and lose out on valuable experiences being a certain PR, it's also wholly benefically to Town wincon via dayplay and the only way that it improves Town winrates is by the /exclusion/ of dayplay, which is just fundamentally a fucked up way to approach the game.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3225, nancy wrote:
In post 3221, Alisae wrote:The roleswap got me towncred. And that was flawless. Though I wish I knew how to communicate to you more subtlely that that was what I was going to do. Saying not to wagon you sorta makes it obvious imo.
I mean to be fair that was only something that would've ever fooled newbies :P
I mean, I was extremely confused! I've been playing for almost 4 years and I've never even heard of people roleswapping, nevermind doing it!
I kinda wanna read that part of the game because, like, wtf? :P
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also, I've never been 5 pages behind in postgame before! Wtf XD
- Jingle
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

nancy fakeclaimed 1-shot bp
I claimed doctor and told people not to lynch nancy.
GTKAS
| here.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 3346, Alisae wrote:nancy fakeclaimed 1-shot bp
Ya that's why I knew the roleswap was fake.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3346, Alisae wrote:nancy fakeclaimed 1-shot bp
Oh!
This clears up so much!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

nancy, thanks for bringing me into this! :) :)
- Jingle

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”