Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 897, FireScreamer wrote:GC,
Brian, Shannon
Alchemist, Dave
Frank, Rory, Umlaut,
Gamma, Titus, Narna
Comm

Very fluid still apart from the poles but theres generally where I am just now.
Shannon read explanation?
Dave read explanation?
Narna and Gamma?

I mean I get you dislike me and Titus, but if you flip scum, I'm willing to write Gamma, Titus and Narna off as town because of how backwards this is.

Also, my experience with Frank says he's not active when scum and is more active as town. It also says that he's just as quick as I am to pick fights with someone when scum (notice last game when I grilled him for his poor play in our first game together and he went right back at me, he doesn't mind fighting as scum but when we're town, he's more on the fence and not very aggressive in his stances).

So I'm willing to place a bet on Frank being town, anyone care to bet against me? I'll gladly take your money (or in this case, TR'ing ability points).

Also what Titus said earlier strikes me as correct which I'm surprised people want "good" cases, when essentially you should be trying to TR people to create a smaller pool to look at. FS has not once landed in my TR's this game. Last game I even admitted if I was town he would've quickly fell in my TR's. This game he isn't and there's one good reason I can think why. I'll give you a hint. It's some red text in his role.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am

Post by CommKnight »

Also, about Campbell's ban. Fucking good. I bet he tries to make an alt and return before the six months is up and gets perma banned. The little dipshit. I don't feel any remorse for that one.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 775, Green Crayons wrote:
@Comm:
how many times have you rolled scum?
And let me just jump right to the point of why I'm asking. Because all of the bolded looks exactly like what you posted last game, when you were scum:
In post 717, CommKnight wrote:I have a serious question. Where the hell did all of ya'll get your previous experience playing mafia from? It's like playing the game with guppies who think they're a shark.

It isn't "bad play" "scummy" or whatever you want to brush me off as. Hell, half the people against me keep using "well he was scum last game and played similarly. So he MUST be scum. Because we believe he's stupid enough to draw attention to himself if he were scum two games in a row."

I'm going to stop there, otherwise it will get personal. Trying to brush me off as bad play.
You know, scum always try to do that, and they always get caught by me. Then post game one of two things happens. Either they continue their bullshit claims of bad play or admit it was a good game with them falling in my crosshairs.

I say go ahead and lynch me. It'd provide me relief of not having to scum hunt for you guys because when you're looking this far off of finding scum (both wagons are on me and GC which I know I'm town. But I can tell you I'm pretty damn confident GC is town too).
When we both flip green and you try to rub it off as "bad play". Just remember you SR two townies and let scum control the lynches.

Want to find scum and be a good hunter? Look at who's directing the wagons on myself and GC. I can promise you you'll find a scum in it.

Anyway, I'm done with this for a bit. Don't like my play? Don't like my case? Make your own. Or you know, "Oh Comm's case is bad, let's vote him instead of.. ACTUALLY MAKING OUR OWN CASES."

@Frank, this is like that damn bastard game. I nailed both scum and even 3rd party tyrant king. Yet my play was always brushed off as "bad" or "illogical" or "scummy". But I was right, wasn't I?

In case I'm lynched, (Claiming now: VT) calling it now.

Town: GC, Brian Skies, shannon, Narna, Alchemist, Gamma Emerald, FrankJaeger
Mafia: FS, Umlaut (and if three, Titus).
SK: davesaz or RoryMK (If no SK, both are more than likely town).

When half of that is right come end game after my lynch, I'm going to look at Brian, Alchemist and GC for letting scum roll them over.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

BSkies:
In post 855, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 771, Narna wrote:CK's admitting to my accusation of being from tos fits with his "vote for claim" mentality. This is because I to do tows.
Town.
Comm or Narna?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 836, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 835, Titus wrote:
In post 834, FireScreamer wrote:I very clearly cannot read you. Do more things. Give me a fighting chance. Sort and be sorted. Don't just turtle up.
I don't think you are reading me anyway.
What have you done for me to attempt reading?

I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt here because I think you'd be a real asset if you started working at this game and theres plenty of time left for you to do it. So yeah you are right I havn't been reading you but i've been waiting for you to give me something to read.
To start, can you please tell me why you voted me way back in the 100s?
In post 861, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 768, shannon wrote:The most damning point for me is that the whole thing was a total non-issue until Gamma brought it up like 300 posts later.
In post 808, shannon wrote:The specific issue is that it was [Gamma] who started the whole GC vs Alchemist shit show we've been seeing the past umpteen pages.
I don't get this impression.
What's the impression that you get? For me, Gamma, Alch, and Titus all come out of it looking bad.
In post 863, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can see it, though it was not my intention. I ended up causing an avalanche of strife by shaking a tree of a question.
It was the wrong question. Should've asked, 'Titus, why didn't you answer GC's question'.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I wasn't disturbed by Titus' irresponsiveness, and I hadn't read past that post so I couldn't tell she didn't answer. I was disturbed by GC's phrasing.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 903, Green Crayons wrote:
BSkies:
In post 855, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 771, Narna wrote:CK's admitting to my accusation of being from tos fits with his "vote for claim" mentality. This is because I to do tows.
Town.
Comm or Narna?
Narna.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 904, shannon wrote:What's the impression that you get? For me, Gamma, Alch, and Titus all come out of it looking bad.
I don't think Gamma had anything to do with the shitfest.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Vote Count
FireScreamer
(3): FrankJaeger, CommKnight, Titus
Gamma Emerald
(3): shannon, Narna, FireScreamer
Titus
(2): davesaz, Umlaut
RoryMK
(2): Gamma Emerald, Brian Skies
Alchemist21
(1): Green Crayons
CommKnight
(1): RoryMK
Green Crayons
(1): Alchemist21

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-05-03 20:06:48)
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 907, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 904, shannon wrote:What's the impression that you get? For me, Gamma, Alch, and Titus all come out of it looking bad.
I don't think Gamma had anything to do with the shitfest.
But that also depends on what you consider to be the shitfest (I'm just assuming GC v Alch).
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Tip GC: Never try to compare my words from one game to the next. Because both play styles will be similar. When I'm mafia, I play the game like I'm town. When I'm town, well I'm town. The only added thing when I'm mafia is I try to set-up town or lead them astray. Even if I clusterfuck them between two townies (like last game).

So far, for finished games. I have only rolled scum twice, both times upon replacing into a game (guess scum don't like playing scum). So far all my games I begin from the start, I roll town. Just seems to be the luck of the dice.

Though you'll love trying to figure me out as we play together more, because I can promise not all my scum/town plays are the same (even if they are similar).

Now I can't pull a power play as town this game, because a VT is a VT, so all I can do is be active and call FS out for being a scummy little bastard. I gotta go through and make my case on him clear. But he's not actually made any real cases that go past saying my cases are bad. I'm very straightforward when I say, if you think my case is shit, make a better one. Scum reading me because you think my case is shit is not a valid reason.

@GC, also notice how you no longer have an L2 wagon on you? Hmm, I wonder what motivation could be behind getting that off you hmmm? I'll take my thanks after game when we both flip green. But I want you to go through the player list, try to cross out the bigger TR's you have. Make a pool of who you think even *could* be scum. PoE by taking out TR's and other small assumptions D1 will help more than you think. I do wish I could have a day vig ability though, just so I could prove who is scum this game.

Umlaut I am having doubts about. I mean I still think he could be scum, but not as confident as I was before. Titus seems to kinda buddy me. But my confidence is more on FS flipping red still. I might not have the perfect case on why he's scum. But I'd love to see a case on why he's town.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Titus »

Brian join me? My gut feels Rory is town, or maybe that's my ego.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yo CommKnight
Doesn't the lack of cases made suggest a passive attitude from FireScreamer? Your post not only tilted my read of FS to the scum side, it made me find a reason.
VOTE: FireScreamer
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by CommKnight »

@Gamma, well compared to last game, he's been only focused on the defensive this game. I mean hell, when he voted me it was an OMGUS vote and I assumed Umlaut was with him when he constantly defended FS's poor play. Initially it was gut from me, but it become more scummy when he was only reactive and not proactive like he was last game.

Not only that, but I think FS's flip will be good for associations. Look at the people who avoided his wagon early on (and kept creating counter wagons) if he flips scum like I believe he will.There's CLEAR resistance to his wagon, it's just hard to tell which ones are his buddies and which ones are just TR'ing him more than me.

That and some of the reasons for voting other people (from the ones who've avoided voting FS thus far) have been rather borderline making up excuses. I'll try to do a full ISO of him before bed tonight.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

@FS:
In post 821, FireScreamer wrote:
A lack of proactive town play.
People have asked me in both day 1s why I don't feel buddied by you GC. GE has demonstrated none of the reasons I can give for that.
re the bolded: Eh. His ISO could be "let me just be present and somewhat engaged" scum. I mean, he has asked a bevy of questions. Not so much on the forming solid suspicions bit, though.

re the underlined: I don't know what you're saying here
In post 890, FireScreamer wrote:Finding Umlaut more townie. Finding Alchemist less.
A good post.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 913, CommKnight wrote:well compared to last game
So we shouldn't compare your play between two games, because they're similar; but we should compare another player's play between two games, because they're different?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 913, CommKnight wrote:he's been only focused on the defensive this game. I mean hell, when he voted me it was an OMGUS vote and I assumed Umlaut was with him when he constantly defended FS's poor play. Initially it was gut from me, but it become more scummy when he was only reactive and not proactive like he was last game.
Also I just skimmed FS's ISO and defensive/reactive weren't descriptors that jumped out at me. What are you thinking of other than his first time voting you?
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 915, Green Crayons wrote:
So we shouldn't compare your play between two games, because they're similar; but we should compare another player's play between two games, because they're different?
Becuase I admit to playing like town when I'm scum to make my similar play unreadable. You'll never know if I'm a manipulating scum or insane (but correct) town.

However, FS has no excuse for being less proactive if he rolls town again. See the difference? I was scum playing like a town-me would play. If he's town, then why would he act differently than he did as town last time?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 917, CommKnight wrote:If he's town, then why would he act differently than he did as town last time?
Well, we had this convo before:
In post 286, Green Crayons wrote:Expecting anyone to act the same in different games after there is a mental reset and also a literal role reset, and then suggesting that any differences between the two games is negative alignment indicative, is not particularly fruitful. Heck, I even notice my own different playstyles between games even when I pull VT in the different games. It's going to happen.

I would say Alchemist (much more targeted, focused questions), Umlaut (general vibe), Titus (lol where is she?), and shannon (actually answering questions) have all acted differently. Sure, FS has too because he isn't literally dominating the thread peppering everyone with questions.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 917, CommKnight wrote:
In post 915, Green Crayons wrote:
Becuase I admit to playing like town when I'm scum to make my similar play unreadable. You'll never know if I'm a manipulating scum or insane (but correct) town.

However, FS has no excuse for being less proactive if he rolls town again. See the difference? I was scum playing like a town-me would play. If he's town, then why would he act differently than he did as town last time?
I don't like this explanation but it makes
some
sense.
<Embrace The Void>

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 917, CommKnight wrote:Becuase I admit to playing like town when I'm scum to make my similar play unreadable. You'll never know if I'm a manipulating scum or insane (but correct) town.
I mean, this answer is what it is and NAI, but I'm always going to be more suspicious of a player who is playing the same as his/her scum game than a player who is not conforming to how they played as a VT.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 748, shannon wrote:Three quick votes on GC - 402, 403, 404 (for unrelated stuff - complaining about someone complaining about trust tells)
Alchemist could support the GC wagon but wants to stay on Rory

Gamma brings up the Titus voting me issue again in (he has been ISOing GC?) and asks for an explanation.
GC responds in

Alchemist gets involved, says it doesn't look like GC was expressing suspicion in 132. (See ).
GC responds in
Alchemist 'You didn't call (titus) out for lack of reasoning, but for voting before you did'

The rest I am calling 'blah blah blah'.
In post 694, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 686, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 650, Alchemist21 wrote:Comm's being weird again like last game, but I can't tell if it's scummy or just plain bad.
What would help you get off this fence?
If someone could make a good case for or against him. Right now it's hard to not see the things he's done as just bad play, because even scum would normally know this is bad.
So is Alchemist always this hesitant to join wagons when he's scum?

Also, the "I'm going to fence sit until someone else does the work for me kthx" is bad and bolsters the theory that he's waiting to find an excuse to join an already popular wagon.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 911, Titus wrote:Brian join me? My gut feels Rory is town, or maybe that's my ego.
I'm still not a fan of Rory, but sure.

VOTE: FireScreamer
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Titus »

Thanks.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
RoryMK
RoryMK
Goon
RoryMK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:13 am

Post by RoryMK »

In post 892, Umlaut wrote:
In post 885, Brian Skies wrote:^Umlaut, what're your thoughts on this?
The asking about daytalk is weird, I have no idea why Rory would think that. I guess it's worth pursuing but it's not something to hang a case on by itself.

Saying his townread on you "feels disingenuous" isn't really useful by itself. What feels disingenuous about it?
I never play open games and I am a big fan of daytalk. I didn't realize open games don't allow daytalk, or at least this setup doesn't.
That's my explanation, for what it's worth.
In memory of Rory, Radja's character pick in Survivor: Magic Kingdom

Return to “Completed Open Games”