Mini 1898 - Inception Mafia - The Hub (GAME OVER)

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 421, Leonshade wrote:Oh, I was right on Infinity after all haha.

There were some really unique and interesting ideas in this setup, but by the time we got down to one scum, winning was pretty much inevitable. Maybe it's a matter of results bias, but it seems like this setup can be won by getting a handful of strong townreads and killing everyone else. I'd be interested in playing a similar setup again (the idea of entering someone's subconscious would be really fitting for a game based on flavor like Psychonauts or Persona), but nightless plus infinite lynches is pretty town-sided.
inspectorscout, can i note this subconscious idea down for a Psychonauts game? Leonshade is right, it would be very cool.

pedit: you kept a good attitude considering that, gerry.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Not Chara »

and asking Leon too, he suggested it.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 402, Infinity 324 wrote:Gj gerry, you fooled all of us. Still think the setup was very townsided, if scum was townread that widely in a normal game there's no way town could've won.
ty! sorry for tunneling you haha, but your ability was really helpful, I was hoping that town would be dumb and lynch you early
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Not Chara »

did Hiraki have any other abilities? besides 1-shot manipulating who was in a dream? it seemed so weak compared to the others who had either multiple different shots or unlimited/continuous abilities.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I just feel bad :( Like if this setup wasn't broke I think I really could have taught flipless mafia well. One thing in flipless mafia you always do is mass claim. I just happened to omit that part because that wasn't scumsided this game.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Nope NC.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 3, Leonshade wrote:
Reads #2

{Infinity}
{Not Chara, McMenno, Almost, gerry}
{Hiraki, Nosferatu}
{EAP, TheFuzzyLogic, BTD6, Persivul}
{-}

Early guess for a scumteam is Persivul, then Hiraki and/or 1/2 of the bottom tier lurkers.
My first guess for a scumteam, from right after the pre-game thread ended. 2/3 ain't bad, though gerry is pretty high here. I had some early suspicion on him, but I never really reconsidered my read on him (mostly because I didn't really have to).
In post 422, MathBlade wrote:I agree with townsidedness. I just hope I made it fun for everyone. <3
No hard feelings Leonshade?
Of course not, you were playing to your wincon. It was actually pretty entertaining to read.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I was like escatic when I could replace in. :D
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by gerryoat »

i cant believe math slipped and almost got away with it lmfao
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 426, Not Chara wrote:and asking Leon too, he suggested it.
Sure! PM me if you go through with it, I'll pre-in if I have the time for your game.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Mathblade: you're right. without kills there's much less reason not to massclaim.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

good game everyone.

I have some notes to make after inspec about game balance and setup design. I'm sorry for an error that was in one of the role pms that I made before my ban.

tldr; Mafia could win the game if they could control the cop check by leading it to another dream or by using preception and kicking mechanics (if they coul leave one of their members in above threads) the main idea for game balance was set around that idea.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 434, Leonshade wrote:
In post 426, Not Chara wrote:and asking Leon too, he suggested it.
Sure! PM me if you go through with it, I'll pre-in if I have the time for your game.
same here
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 433, gerryoat wrote:i cant believe math slipped and almost got away with it lmfao
I actually slipped a few other times too but out of interest of future me not sharing :P But they weren't as bad as wrong PT slips.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 435, Not Chara wrote:Mathblade: you're right. without kills there's much less reason not to massclaim.
Even with kills mass claim is standard in most flipless games I have played. Generally the claim itself gives more info than a check.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 433, gerryoat wrote:i cant believe math slipped and almost got away with it lmfao
the real mystery is how i managed to remember that the next morning after posting at 3am.

...fuck. it's 4am now.

pedit: haha, i'd hide that too.

Leonshade: sure, i'll note that too. going to finish my Binding of Isaac mini theme before even beginning to approach something like this, though.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 425, Not Chara wrote:inspectorscout, can i note this subconscious idea down for a Psychonauts game? Leonshade is right, it would be very cool.
on my behalf as one of the game designers you can use it for sure :)

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Frozen: no problem with the error, it was resolved quickly.
i'm looking forward to seeing those notes. i agree that there were a lot of cool ideas.

gerry: sure thing. provided Frozen/inspectorscout give the ok.

pedit: there it is! thanks. <3
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 436, Frozen Angel wrote:good game everyone.

I have some notes to make after inspec about game balance and setup design. I'm sorry for an error that was in one of the role pms that I made before my ban.

tldr; Mafia could win the game if they could control the cop check by leading it to another dream or by using preception and kicking mechanics (if they coul leave one of their members in above threads) the main idea for game balance was set around that idea.
Yeah that IMHO is a problem. Infinite cop check means cop gets townread scum can do nothing about it and can infinitely check or get 4-5 conf towns. The only viable strategy was suicide and Almost50 was never not scumreading me and as Town leader fucked. In Shadowrun I could convince JaeReed to another person because of how things were setup and done and everyone was an option but here mass popularity cop meant something different. I think 1 shot cop okay limitless unkillable cop with infinite flips literally lynch all but cop GG.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm still pretty sure the game was not that townsided though - even with that error.

Town played lot better in this game.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The game became follow the cop. Without the cop I think balance would be perfect.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by Not Chara »

can someone tell me why i was obvtown? needed for future scum games. i think it was because i was genuinely harried by the deadline and actually understood what was going on most of the time, but confirmation would be good. a lot of my reads were centered around that because of how little scumhunting (relatively) there ended up being.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I loved the flavor though FA and Scout :D
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 443, MathBlade wrote:
In post 436, Frozen Angel wrote:good game everyone.

Yeah that IMHO is a problem. Infinite cop check means cop gets townread scum can do nothing about it and can infinitely check or get 4-5 conf towns. The only viable strategy was suicide and Almost50 was never not scumreading me and as Town leader fucked. In Shadowrun I could convince JaeReed to another person because of how things were setup and done and everyone was an option but here mass popularity cop meant something different. I think 1 shot cop okay limitless unkillable cop with infinite flips literally lynch all but cop GG.
The thing is it wasn't suppose to be infinite cop check.

It should have been a layer 3 check not layer 2 check (and in my mind apparently as I can't find anything related in setup design thread - it was one shot).

The thing is with maximum 50% prexeption mafia couls easily remove him and hide the fact he was a cop -etc

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

again sorry for my part as I was the person who wrote those role pm's but didn't checked it again as stuff happened.ww

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”