Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2695, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2588, zakk wrote:dauntless turned tracker results on screenplay performing a kill N1, so he was lynched d2 (scum)
How was that vote/discussion in the dauntless PT?
5 days before deadline i came with list of Ari, Srceen and shos, wasn't much discussion over that, after D1 ended, i voted Srceen, cause his actions at day end by pushing momo as counter to Ari and calling everyone idiots for not following him coupled with him coasting trough D1 pinged me for check over other possibilities, Trans probably was same opinion, cause voted right after me, later in the night LUV hammered without trying turn check elsewhere
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2700, Ramcius wrote:
In post 2588, zakk wrote:dauntless turned tracker results on screenplay performing a kill N1, so he was lynched d2 (scum)
5 days before deadline i came with list of Ari, Srceen and shos, wasn't much discussion over that, after D1 ended, i voted Srceen, cause his actions at day end by pushing momo as counter to Ari and calling everyone idiots for not following him coupled with him coasting trough D1 pinged me for check over other possibilities, Trans probably was same opinion, cause voted right after me, later in the night LUV hammered without trying turn check elsewhere
Was the result that he did the kill or that he performed an action on Not_Mafia?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2699, shos wrote:
In post 2698, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2588, zakk wrote:shos is conf-town via mod in the candor private topic, seen by Nero Cain, rb (and should be you too now), Radiant Moonlight, me, and alban (and also shos lol)
Like the mod said it, or the result of some action? I thought a group copped him or something.
result of a cop.

You definitely should ask the mod to multiquote the first 22 pages.

@Mod- Any chance you would like to multiquote the first 22 pages of Candor?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2612, zakk wrote:
In post 2604, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 2585, zakk wrote:
In post 2264, Ircher wrote:I claim compulsive bus driver.

I targeted RM and Srceen N1 and Creature and Momo N2.
okay i totally missed this post. this makes so much more clear now.

there's absolutely NO reason to target screenplay unless you KNEW he'd be a target, and since after RM pushing through the D1 lynch they thought they could kill two birds with one stone by hoping everyone copping / rolecopping RM would get a "scum" or "neapolitan" result from screenplay, it makes perfect sense to try to set up RM as having bussed Aris D1 for massive town cred. This also makes sense as to why they didn't kill him N1 and waited until N2.

ALSO. i think the only reason he claimed this (thereby revealing the probability of a is because he knew if anyone else had targeted him for more info (which he may have thought was likely) that he didn't want to get caught fakeclaiming, because a claim is supposed to save you, not damn you... and also, in every good lie there is a bit of truth, etc. so yeah he probably just inadvertently straight up ADMITTED there's a mole in the faction

so yea in my mind there is basically GUARANTEED a mole inside of Dauntless now.

@everyone: read this post
Can you please illustrate this one further time in bulletproof format.
It could potentially be the post that solves the game.

[This is my first game with a bus driver in it].
Yea sure.
So, first; Screenplay was an unlikely target for night actions (imo)
, whereas Radiant Moonlight should have been a frickin' LIGHTNING ROD for night actions after pushing a super fast scum lynch on Aristophanes (townies should have suspected that it was a bussing play for early town-leader cred, so he should have been investigated, tracked, protected, etc., and also, scum should have probably tried to kill him).
Yet, he not only got targeted by Dauntless (care to explain why that was, by the way?), he ALSO allegedly got targeted by the scum bus driver.

There's four possibilities here:

1. There's NOT scum in Dauntless, and Ircher told the TRUTH about bus driving Screenplay and RM.

This would be EXTREMELY weird; why would they choose to bus drive Screenplay and RM? Makes no sense whatsoever. There was no reason to target Screenplay for anything like this, unless you KNEW he needed to be switched with someone, which would require scum in Dauntless, to tip off Ircher. We can discard this outright, in favor of option 4.

2. There IS SCUM in Dauntless, and Ircher was LYING about bus driving Screenplay and RM.

This doesn't really make sense; why would he claim this? To save himself? He was going down anyway, wouldn't have helped. To try to throw shade on RM? We had already seen RM lead a lynch on Aristophanes, why would we believe him (especially after he flipped scum) if he was trying to make RM look bad? We can safely discard this scenario as well.

3. There's NOT scum in Dauntless, and Ircher was LYING about bus driving Screenplay and RM.

This could be the case. It wouldn't be too much a stretch. Scum often lie while trying not to get lynched, or before twilight. But it requires leaps of logic, such as that Ircher made up the fact that they bussed Screenplay (why would he do that? it doesn't serve any purpose, as we went over in option 2), and, of course, this option pales in comparison to the last option...

4. The OCCAM'S RAZOR option: There IS SCUM in Dauntless, and Ircher told the TRUTH about bus driving Screenplay and RM.

I think this is clearly the best option. It's the most obvious, the simplest, and it makes the most sense, especially when you think about the fact that situations change, plans change, and that we are all mafia players who must react to things. So here's how I believe it went down (creative license has been used liberally, lol):

- Whoever was scum in Dauntless found out that Screenplay was gonna be targeted.
- They were like "oh shit!" at first, then after discussing it a bit in the scum thread, they were like "wait wait wait, we all good m8, Ircher's a busdriver" and lol's abounded because they all thought they were gonna confuse the shit out of the town and send improper results about Screenplay to Dauntless.
- Then, Screenplay got lynched anyway, and they were like "SHIT MAN"... but "oh well... couldn't be avoided..." but then on the bright side, at least they still have a "mole" in the Dauntless faction, because (with conventional logic prevailing) why would any scum in the Dauntless faction allow Screenplay to be investigated? ... so, boom, town block in Dauntless, right? (or so we think).
- Shos turns results on Ircher saying he's scum. Ircher gets flash-wagoned. In the heat of the moment, he tries to save himself by doing an honest claim (in case shos wasn't being totally straightforward and it wasn't a COP result, just say, a tracker result or something, I guess) and says exactly what he did, in hopes of getting people to un-wagon a power role.
Note:
At this point, he doesn't realize he's basically blowing the cover of the Dauntless scum mole.
- Everybody's like "nahhhhh he's lying scum, lynch the bastard" and we write off what he says as scum flailing and lying and trying to confuse things.
- We ignore what he said for long enough that we forget about it... and never realize what it actually means... until now.
- zakk uncharacteristically eats his breakfast... and suddenly has super brain powers and realizes all this shit, and is super confident about it.

And now we're up to speed. I think.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

vc
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Not thinking zakk is scum at all.

Vote: Creature
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:28 am

Post by zakk »

Each faction has a serum. Read up in your private topic
In post 2696, Creature wrote:Wasn't it follower result?
Oh I guess yeah. I called it Tracker cause that's the role I remember more than follower, but is the actual ability different in anything but name?
permanently retired

see here for more info
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:28 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

VOTE COUNT
VOTE COUNT 4.08

[2] Creature:

[1] ThinkBig:

[1] zakk:

[1] Keyser Söze:

[1] Lil Uzi Vert:

[1] Nero Cain:

[7] Not Voting:
alban, Keyser Söze, ThinkBig, Creature,

MOD NOTES:
Day Four will end in May 10, 2017.

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Day Four will end in
(expired on 2017-05-10 00:05:00)
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2701, PeregrineV wrote:
Was the result that he did the kill or that he performed an action on Not_Mafia?
result was Srceen investigated and killed
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2698, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2588, zakk wrote:shos is conf-town via mod in the candor private topic, seen by Nero Cain, rb (and should be you too now), Radiant Moonlight, me, and alban (and also shos lol)
Like the mod said it, or the result of some action? I thought a group copped him or something.
Candor group-copped him before I got there, and he was mod confirmed in the Candor PT to be town. And this is a non bastard game so no shenanigans.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31 am

Post by zakk »

Makes LUV look slightly better and Keyser slightly worse. Thanks for this info.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2706, zakk wrote:
Oh I guess yeah. I called it Tracker cause that's the role I remember more than follower, but is the actual ability different in anything but name?
tracker see target, follower type of committed action, but not who was targeted, so it's more like weak rolecop
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:36 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2701, PeregrineV wrote:
No their faction had the Tracker/follower result on screenplay-- it was Erudite with the shared vig, and they shot Mewtaph.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:37 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2711, Ramcius wrote:
In post 2706, zakk wrote:
tracker see target, follower type of committed action, but not who was targeted, so it's more like weak rolecop
Ohhhh yes my mistake
permanently retired

see here for more info
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2706, zakk wrote:Each faction has a serum. Read up in your private topic
Yeah, but if the factional serum was used to catch screenplay, then it had to be voted on, and knowing that vote, I can't imagine scum would send Screen to do the kill.

But, I think you already discussed they planned to bus drive that result, but serum resolves first?

And Ram talked about how the vote went, but it doesn't look like much discussion was done about it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:40 am

Post by zakk »

@ Ramcius / PV / shos / everyone really

Nero Cain v. Lil Uzi Vert solo votes. Thoughts? I think one of these wagons is where I'll be at the end of the day
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:42 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2714, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2706, zakk wrote:Each faction has a serum. Read up in your private topic
Yeah, but if the factional serum was used to catch screenplay, then it had to be voted on, and knowing that vote, I can't imagine scum would send Screen to do the kill.

But, I think you already discussed they planned to bus drive that result, but serum resolves first?

And Ram talked about how the vote went, but it doesn't look like much discussion was done about it.
Well as it turns out the mod was not clear at all that the serums would resolve first in any case.

This could actually be a mod error that broke the game in towns favor, if scum let screenplay do the kill knowing full well that he would be the target but expecting their bus driver to be able to mitigate the results.

Even if so however, I still want to play the game to completion because otherwise this would feel like a gigantic waste of time. And it's my only game right now.lol
permanently retired

see here for more info
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2715, zakk wrote:@ Ramcius / PV / shos / everyone really

Nero Cain v. Lil Uzi Vert solo votes. Thoughts? I think one of these wagons is where I'll be at the end of the day
i don't see any reason to lynch Nero, as for LUV, he haven't done something to attract my attention to say "this is town", but neither i have SR on him, i just not want in my faction without good reason considering how Srceen voting went
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2715, zakk wrote:@ Ramcius / PV / shos / everyone really

LUV is currently not on my PoE shortlist (for reasons previously stated).
His FOLLOWER hammer vote buys him town-cred for today.

A Mafia-LUV narrative only works if he was part of a failed-scum-gambit that blew up in their face, not realising that the faction power bypasses player powers (as zakk has presented).

I have no stand out 'scum'-reads, only players I town read/lean more than others.

I have one more ISO to look through (Ircher's).
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Creature »

What's the PoE?
Sigh
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

ProcessOfElimination:
'If I take away my strongest town reads who is left?'
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Creature »

I asked "What is
the PoE
", not "What is PoE"
Sigh
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 am

Post by zakk »

Whose?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Creature »

What is our current PoE rn? Anyone can answer.
Sigh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2674, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Me being biased would imply that my reasoning for scum reading Nero is unreasonable
or that I dislike him for personal reasons which is not the case here.
I think it is.
In post 2683, shos wrote:yes. But the mod later corrected me, which makes you guys not conftown but rather, well, likely not groupscum. could be SKs
I mean sure, ok. My two problems with this is that LUV
IS
using it to read Wheme as cofntown (unless he has other reasons that I've missed) while not applying this to me AND even if he thinks I'm the SK why would town him be trying to lynch not group scum today? Of course the inverse of this argument is that Luv wouldn't be so dumb as scum but its still WIFOM.
In post 2682, Keyser Söze wrote:Please can someone put a name/faction against every NK.
there's been one faction kill (unless there are multiple hoods with a kill) the other kill is obv a town vig/sk.
In post 2715, zakk wrote:Nero Cain v. Lil Uzi Vert solo votes. Thoughts? I think one of these wagons is where I'll be at the end of the day
Why is that?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”