Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4019, Shaziro wrote:Firstly, if you meant "They need to catch up in morality", then you're still wrong, but you aren't claiming to be smarter than them. So stop saying "they will get smarter", say "they will become more moral". They are very different things. Of course, once again, you'll still be wrong.
They won't magically become more moral. They'll get smarter, and derive the morality from their intelligence.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So then they are less smart
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh wait sorry

Para-consistent thinking
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4019, Shaziro wrote:What you said was not that you "felt the pain they undergo and sympathize with their plight". What you said was "I empathize with them and their need to be good people". That suggests that you empathize with their need to follow what you believe to be proper morality. That is very different from empathizing with them being slaves. This should be blatantly obvious.
Tsk. Obviously the plight they undergo is the suffering they experience as slaves as well as the dilemma of forcing themselves to not escape lest they become evil. It is bundled into one unit of suffering.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Shaziro »

Nnnno. There is no dilemma. It isn't evil to escape slavery. At all. Also, you're right back to saying that they are not as smart as you. You're pulling the "lol no I said that but that doesn't mean I said that" shit. I'm done here.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

No it isn't, it's actually binary choice, they can be enslaved or they can 'disobey order'
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:09 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4026, Not_Mafia wrote:So then they are less smart
Okay, time to break out the crayons.

Accountant Smart 50 Moral 999
Hypothetical person Smart 100 Moral 10

Hypothetical person smarter but not as righteous.

Hypothetical person wants to get more righteous

As someone gets smarter, they have more intelligent thoughts about morality. So smart points can be converted to moral points.

Hypothetical person needs 999 moral points. Hypothetical person needs 5000 smart points to get there.

Over time, person gets smarter. Person gets 5000 smart. Convert into 999 moral.

Numbers are arbitrary and not representative of real units or proportional values.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:09 am

Post by rb »

what if you're ordered to disobey another order?
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Rip Shaziro (2016-2017)
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4024, rb wrote:my anecdotal experiences are consistent with this article

*stamps seal of approval on article*
This is how I judge all articles. Why even have scientists if they're not going to confirm all my existing opinions?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4029, Shaziro wrote:Nnnno. There is no dilemma. It isn't evil to escape slavery. At all. Also, you're right back to saying that they are not as smart as you. You're pulling the "lol no I said that but that doesn't mean I said that" shit. I'm done here.
You may think it's not evil, but any slave who agrees with me on this would have the dilemma, and I sympathize with that dilemma.

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Also, If you have a Utopia country, would it be ok to invade a nearby country to spread your Utopia?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What an imponderable decision he or she would face
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4036, Annadog40 wrote:Also, If you have a Utopia country, would it be ok to invade a nearby country to spread your Utopia?
Not only is it ok, it's a moral imperative. We cannot stand by and let evil take place.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:12 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4037, Not_Mafia wrote:What an imponderable decision he or she would face
EXACTLY. That is why I sympathize with them.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 am

Post by Accountant »

Article says from 16 to 18 the teenager becomes decent. I am age 17.

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 4038, Accountant wrote:
In post 4036, Annadog40 wrote:Also, If you have a Utopia country, would it be ok to invade a nearby country to spread your Utopia?
Not only is it ok, it's a moral imperative. We cannot stand by and let evil take place.
So your Utopia country would have the people be trained for combat and reducation, (at least until global domination,) correct?
Last edited by Annadog40 on Tue May 02, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my life now

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Shaziro »

I lied, I'm not done here. "Squibulb" or whatever. It's close enough to empathy for you to call it that, right? "Paraconsistent thinking" is close enough to doublethink for us to call it that, then. So why call it something different? (The answer, I believe you've admitted, is because one has negative connotations. Doesn't change that one -is- the other, though.) This is what I mean by shooting yourself in the foot.

-Now- I'm done here.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4040, Accountant wrote:
Not long until you abandon this lark then
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Accountant »

I will always call things by the most positive connotation word when it is something that pertains to myself so people won't misunderstand me.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:17 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4043, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 4040, Accountant wrote:
Not long until you abandon this lark then
Hey, hey, hey, the study wasn't done on teenagers with autism ;)

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4038, Accountant wrote:Not only is it ok, it's a moral imperative. We cannot stand by and let evil take place.
How do you reconcile this with saying you have no need to try and convince anyone and are content to sit around waiting for them to catch up?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4044, Accountant wrote:I will always call things by the most positive connotation word when it is something that pertains to myself so people won't misunderstand me.
I specifically use words with negative connotations to describe my preferences so that I can't be accused of trying to gloss anything over.

For example: I want state agents to extort money from people who've earned it so they can spend it on other, poorer people.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:22 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 4038, Accountant wrote:
Honey, the U.S. already did their manifest destiny and it was really just an excuse to steal some land.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4046, Umlaut wrote:
In post 4038, Accountant wrote:Not only is it ok, it's a moral imperative. We cannot stand by and let evil take place.
How do you reconcile this with saying you have no need to try and convince anyone and are content to sit around waiting for them to catch up?
I am not content to sit on my hands. The reason I do things like engage with people and try to convert them or to write big posts about why my philosophy is the best is precisely because I think it's best that we, shall we say, artificially speed up the process of catching up.

Return to “General Discussion”