Mini Normal 1908 - In The Web (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 123, MMM wrote:Not associating anyone that's just who I think is scummiest atm

Titus for reactions on me
Mort/BYF gives me TvS vibes
GE just feels scummy to me
Who would you say is the town and the scum in BYF/Mort then?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Transcend »

dudes let's lynch HL
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 125, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 123, MMM wrote:Not associating anyone that's just who I think is scummiest atm

Titus for reactions on me
Mort/BYF gives me TvS vibes
GE just feels scummy to me
Who would you say is the town and the scum in BYF/Mort then?
Mort feels more town to me rn tbh
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 109, MortFeld wrote:Yoshi town
Why does this make Yoshi town in any way?

Your points about him are valid, MortFeld.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I'm not letting Yoshi off the hook there, because I still feel like his response to the speedwagon was more likely to come from scum than town. I just think a Gamma scum flip strengthens my case against Yoshi.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 128, Hikari Link wrote:
Feels like real paranoia.
Players I admire: Thor665, Lapsa, RC
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 129, MortFeld wrote:
In post 128, Hikari Link wrote:
Feels like real paranoia.
Paranoia is inherently town? If he was scum, he'd be worried about you wanting to incriminate him too, wouldn't he? And maybe it's just my scumread on him, but I saw it more as him being "convinced" so that he would have a legitimate reason to call you scum at any point in the future.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by MMM »

I don't think being worried about being incriminated by scum it inherently scummy, however page 2 is just way too early for that. "Coincidentally", Titus pointed out 7 posts earlier that Mort was also just looking for things to attack... I just wonder whether actually got two scum right there or it's actually too good to be true.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 130, Hikari Link wrote: Paranoia is inherently town? If he was scum, he'd be worried about you wanting to incriminate him too, wouldn't he?
Yeah. He wouldn't be worried about me being scum, but that's not present in .
In post 130, Hikari Link wrote: And maybe it's just my scumread on him, but I saw it more as him being "convinced" so that he would have a legitimate reason to call you scum at any point in the future.
I mean you acknowledge the confbias but it does make senseish from that viewpoint.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 131, MMM wrote:I don't think being worried about being incriminated by scum it inherently scummy, however page 2 is just way too early for that. "Coincidentally", Titus pointed out 7 posts earlier that Mort was also just looking for things to attack... I just wonder whether actually got two scum right there or it's actually too good to be true.
The two scum being me and Yoshi? That doesn't make sense. Actually this whole post doesn't make sense. What is the relevance of Titus' (correct) observation that I was just looking for things to attack?
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 132, MortFeld wrote:
In post 130, Hikari Link wrote: Paranoia is inherently town? If he was scum, he'd be worried about you wanting to incriminate him too, wouldn't he?
Yeah. He wouldn't be worried about me being scum, but that's not present in .
You don't have to be scum to incriminate him though. I mean, maybe incriminate isn't the right word, but my point stands that being implicated as potential scum in any way isn't ideal for either town or scum.
In post 133, MortFeld wrote:
In post 131, MMM wrote:I don't think being worried about being incriminated by scum it inherently scummy, however page 2 is just way too early for that. "Coincidentally", Titus pointed out 7 posts earlier that Mort was also just looking for things to attack... I just wonder whether actually got two scum right there or it's actually too good to be true.
The two scum being me and Yoshi? That doesn't make sense. Actually this whole post doesn't make sense. What is the relevance of Titus' (correct) observation that I was just looking for things to attack?
Yes, please explain that, MMM. I interpreted your post much differently, but I'm curious to see which interpretation is correct.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by MMM »

The two scum that I saw would be Yoshi and Titus. I don't think it was wrong for Mort to attack Yoshi when and how he did given that at that phase in the game you do have to do something to cause game progression, Titus seemed really quick to chainsaw and BYF picked up on Titus' defense quickly.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Post by MortFeld »

I think Hikari is town, Transcend

Hikari you misunderstood the first part of my . There's a specific towntell that I was saying was not present.

Ah ty for explain MMM.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Post by MortFeld »

is missing Titus
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 135, MMM wrote:
The two scum that I saw would be Yoshi and Titus. I don't think it was wrong for Mort to attack Yoshi when and how he did given that at that phase in the game you do have to do something to cause game progression, Titus seemed really quick to chainsaw and BYF picked up on Titus' defense quickly.
Okay, that makes sense. Being honest, I read that as you still going with your Yoshi & Gamma team, but it makes more sense that you were saying Titus was the other one. I forgot what Chainsawing was, so I just looked it up. I could see that argument for scum Titus.
In post 136, MortFeld wrote:I think Hikari is town, Transcend

Hikari you misunderstood the first part of my . There's a specific towntell that I was saying was not present.

Ah ty for explain MMM.
Wait, can we back up for a second. I'm not sure what towntell you are talking about. Really sorry, but could you please explain once more why you think Yoshi is town?
In post 137, MortFeld wrote: is missing Titus
That's because I don't feel like Titus was part of the interaction proper. The interaction was spawned by the comment Titus made, but she never actually participated in it, as near as I can tell.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 138, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 136, MortFeld wrote:I think Hikari is town, Transcend

Ah ty for explain MMM.
Wait, can we back up for a second. I'm not sure what towntell you are talking about. Really sorry, but could you please explain once more why you think Yoshi is town?
I thought he was town because his paranoia felt real. But you pointed out that scum can have genuine paranoia too. I don't completely agree, I think paranoia is different from just fear. But the type of paranoia that is hard for scum to replicate is absent from Yoshi's . So the townread is weak.

The point about scum not being paranoid that someone else is scum was like, a poorly fleshed out version of the above.
In post 138, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 137, MortFeld wrote: is missing Titus
That's because I don't feel like Titus was part of the interaction proper. The interaction was spawned by the comment Titus made, but she never actually participated in it, as near as I can tell.
Yeah I wasn't trying to shade you, just noticing.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

VOTE: Hikari Link
In post 128, Hikari Link wrote:I'm not letting Yoshi off the hook there, because I still feel like his response to the speedwagon was more likely to come from scum than town. I just think a Gamma scum flip strengthens my case against Yoshi.
The level of confidence required to make this post honestly cannot yet have been obtained by town.

---

Hey, people. I've not played with most of you before. FYI, my username is typically abbreviated to CDB.

and the 'delivered' point is interesting, I will ruminate on it.
#greenshirtthursdays
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 140, ChannelDelibird wrote:VOTE: Hikari Link
In post 128, Hikari Link wrote:I'm not letting Yoshi off the hook there, because I still feel like his response to the speedwagon was more likely to come from scum than town. I just think a Gamma scum flip strengthens my case against Yoshi.
The level of confidence required to make this post honestly cannot yet have been obtained by town.
And yet it is, so here we are. You're making a lot of inaccurate assumptions here about my level of hubris. That bandwagon during RVS was getting big, but short of a grossly incompetent townie, an accidental hammer was very unlikely. Scum hammering and pretending to be inept town seems like it would have been a far more likely scenario to me. And neither side hammering seems like an even more likely scenario. If we accept that the lynch was extremely unlikely to occur and that scum would be most likely to hammer, then an early lynch would arguably have been more favorable for the town.

On the other hand, scum can get towncred for pretending to be scared of a lynch that early on. And, if Gamma truly is Yoshi's partner, Yoshi'd have every reason to be nervous, on the off-chance that an incompetent townie accidentally (or purposely, honestly) hammered there.

tl;dr: Irrespective of Gamma's alignment, Yoshi as town had more to gain from Gamma's death than he had to lose, while Yoshi as scum had more to gain from ending the wagon there.

There are, however, two holes in my thinking that I am aware of.

1. It's possible that Yoshi wouldn't have thought any of the things that I just thought, regardless of his alignment.
2. I've basically set up a scenario that regardless of how Gamma flips if we lynch him, Yoshi looks scummier to me.

I realize the potential role confirmation bias may play in how I interpret Yoshi's actions from here on, but I don't plan to push forward with only this reasoning. I assume that as the game progresses, my scum read may be strengthened or it may be weakened. But at our current stage in the game, these are the best leads I've got (and I don't think they are bad), so I'm pursuing them until I have reason to believe I shouldn't.
In post 140, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hey, people. I've not played with most of you before. FYI, my username is typically abbreviated to CDB.

and the 'delivered' point is interesting, I will ruminate on it.
Please do. It's something more people should think on.
Actually, as an avid Pokémon fan myself, It's widely known within the community that Pokémon themselves has been horribly inconsistent. Even within canon, many different Pokémon has had many different pronunciations of the same Pokémon. Most of the time, you'd go with any one so long others recognise it. The more common pronunciations of Delibird include "Deh-Lee-Bird", "Dee-Lih-Bird", "Dail-Li-Bird" and "Del-Uh-Bird"

Lastly, sorry this post was so dense. I've always had a tough time being brief, but I've been told in the past that long posts are anti-town because some people won't bother reading them and/or they feel like it's just a method of trying to appear active. I'll try to keep things as short as possible in the future, but I personally prefer to be thorough so that I am not misunderstood. Might just tl;dr at the end of all of my large posts from now on.
Last edited by XnadrojX on Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Post by TwoFace »

VOTE: transcend

Not liking his posts so far. feels fake
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 am

Post by TwoFace »

i have a feeling this is going to be one of those games where majority of the action happens while I am asleep.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

At school, hiiiiiii!
Townreads: Gamma Emerald, Hikari Link
Scumreads: Transcend, TwoFace
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 3:43 am

Post by TwoFace »

well that was a useless post
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

And so was that. :P
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 4:13 am

Post by Transcend »

BUT I'M OBV TO--

Oh wait, I'm fosed by two people who can't read me for shit

Well I'm right here if you want to engage me.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 4:19 am

Post by MortFeld »

Transcend you still think scum!Hikari?
Transcend
Transcend