Matrix6 BP fix

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Titus »

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Macho Universal Backup
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Thoughts?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:06 am

Post by mastina »

In post 310, RadiantCowbells wrote:Banning players for trying to play to their win conditions is beyond unacceptable
^
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean it's okay but it doesn't fix a lot of the bad aspects of Matrix6 and I still don't like the universal backup idea. I don't think it's good to have both PRs guaranteed to end up doing nothing if both are outed D1.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 327, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean it's okay but it doesn't fix a lot of the bad aspects of Matrix6 and I still don't like the universal backup idea. I don't think it's good to have both PRs guaranteed to end up doing nothing if both are outed D1.
That's what should happen. Town should be punished for bad play.

This is a newbie queue. Too many mods lately are trying to force town wins because town do dumb things. A setup should not be auto loss if town do dumb things, but it shouldn't protect town from being dumb either and say it's ok to make dumb errors.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Alisae »

wait mods can force town wins when modding a newbie?
GTKAS
| here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 329, Alisae wrote:wait mods can force town wins when modding a newbie?
No. My point was about site meta as a whole.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I think Titus means that mods are overpowering towns and "forcing" town wins through sheer weight of town power compared to numbers and scum power. Admittedly I could be wrong tho.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 331, mhsmith0 wrote:I think Titus means that mods are overpowering towns and "forcing" town wins through sheer weight of town power compared to numbers and scum power. Admittedly I could be wrong tho.
Yes
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 9:33 am

In post 328, Titus wrote:
In post 327, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean it's okay but it doesn't fix a lot of the bad aspects of Matrix6 and I still don't like the universal backup idea. I don't think it's good to have both PRs guaranteed to end up doing nothing if both are outed D1.

This is a newbie queue. Too many mods lately are trying to force town wins because town do dumb things. A setup should not be auto loss if town do dumb things, but it shouldn't protect town from being dumb either and say it's ok to make dumb errors.
I don't think that we should do anything besides try to get the winrate as close to 50% as possible. Running setups that will end in 40% winrates is not pleasant for 7/9 of people most games.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 9:34 am

In post 332, Titus wrote:
In post 331, mhsmith0 wrote:I think Titus means that mods are overpowering towns and "forcing" town wins through sheer weight of town power compared to numbers and scum power. Admittedly I could be wrong tho.
Yes
I would love to see examples because in general most of the games that I see are scumsided: then again my eye is for 50/50 balance and since you seem to prefer games that aren't 50/50 balanced I am probably part of the problem in your eyes.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'd rather see slightly townsided that slightly scumsided
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 333, RadiantCowbells wrote:

I don't think that we should do anything besides try to get the winrate as close to 50% as possible. Running setups that will end in 40% winrates is not pleasant for 7/9 of people most games.
Right.

@RC, AT no point should the number of unlynchable slots in mass claim outnumber the scumteam.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 10:37 am

If not doing that will lead to 40% winrates then I am fine with having more unlynchable slots than scum members.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 10:37 am

Besides- cop/anything in newbies can already be a guaranteed town win on day 3 and no one objects.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 338, RadiantCowbells wrote:Besides- cop/anything in newbies can already be a guaranteed town win on day 3 and no one objects.
Right, but that's by good play. That's why no one objects.

Good play = rewarded. Bad play = punished.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:01 am

I don't see how having a 50% winrate punishes good play or rewards bad play. Town shouldn't be expected to constantly lynch scum.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 340, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't see how having a 50% winrate punishes good play or rewards bad play. Town shouldn't be expected to constantly lynch scum.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 323, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:nancy has a rule in her first game not to shit post but there is no outrage over it, why?
TIL LUV doesn't know the difference between posts that advance the game and posts that don't.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by rb »

You're assuming the only thing fun about mafia is winning
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by rb »

In post 323, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:nancy has a rule in her first game not to shit post but there is no outrage over it, why?
I'll address this when the game ends.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 342, -Grey- wrote:
TIL LUV doesn't know the difference between posts that advance the game and posts that don't.
You keep sucking me back in :lol:

RC argued it's not a moderator's place to tell a player how to play a game. If that's the case, why are things like shit posting which catches more scum than if should, be allowed to be banned as a strategy, but not this one? Why is a setup like Restrictive Mafia allowed? You can't pick and choose what is considered strategy and what isn't. What you can do however is determine which strategies are overall harmful for the player base and get rid of them.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Before anyone gives me shit, I understand a player is allowed their own specific set of rules.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 pm

In post 343, rb wrote:

You're assuming the only thing fun about mafia is winning
Playing games as town where the deck is heavily stacked against you is not my idea of fun.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

LUV's Utopia Philosophy.

In all seriousness LUV, imagine two little kids. Kid A is playing a video game and knows all about it. Kid B knows nothing of the video game. Kid B asks Kid A if they can play the video game. Kid A says sure, but as Kid B knows nothing of the video game, Kid A feels the need to "correct" how Kid B is playing the game because "they aren't playing the game right." And thus Kid B gets annoyed and frustrated.

My point is, people don't like being told how they are supposed to play the game.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 348, Alisae wrote:LUV's Utopia Philosophy.

In all seriousness LUV, imagine two little kids. Kid A is playing a video game and knows all about it. Kid B knows nothing of the video game. Kid B asks Kid A if they can play the video game. Kid A says sure, but as Kid B knows nothing of the video game, Kid A feels the need to "correct" how Kid B is playing the game because "they aren't playing the game right." And thus Kid B gets annoyed and frustrated.

My point is, people don't like being told how they are supposed to play the game.
People don't like to be told to do a lot of things. The people who actually go out and do something about that are the Steve Jobs of the world.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”