Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4274, Accountant wrote:
In post 4273, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4271, Accountant wrote:Animals have no rights
So people can just do what they want with animals. No, we have animal rights to prevent poachers from hunting animals to extinction.
Is that due to the fundamental rights of animals? Or is it due to a need to prevent extinction to avoid disruption to ecosystem?

If we genuinely believed animals had rights, we wouldn't slaughter them en masse.
Alright that makes more sense.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 1:55 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 4232, Accountant wrote:But in the real world, it is not so straightforward. For example, I could write the names on national TV and it wouldn't be considered murder(unlike Kira, who would be arrested). That's because the society of our world believes that writing into a notebook isn't murder. You wouldn't be able to get a judge to convict me based on it.
But when Kira started out, there was no law about writing in a diary.

And if writing isn't a crime, then Kira did nothing wrong.

And murder is the crime still, regardless of the means.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 2:07 am

Post by rb »

actually, what would you do if you had a death note, Accountant?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:53 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4277, rb wrote:actually, what would you do if you had a death note, Accountant?
The first thing I'd do is down and write down a comprehensive list of who I want killed and controlled. Obviously impossible to say off the top of my head, but here are some preliminary sketches:

- ISIS and the dictators terrorizing Africa, the Middle East, North Korea etc. have to go. For these organisations, a cascading effect is possible, where they each communicate a list and faces of direct subordinates and then spend the rest of the time until the death time limit is reached preparing to convert and prepare their country for Utopia and the correct path(Death Note victims programmed to die of a disease do so in an appropriate time span, so Alzheimer's or cancer should give them a healthy couple of decades). Then I'd do the same with each direct subordinate. Once they are all "dead"(living corpses serving utopia, moving on to the next step is possible.

- Cults will be targeted next. Scientology, the brotherhood in China(I can never remember the English translation of the name), all of these things will be turned to the service of the correct path using the same method. If Scientology can get millions to believe in an alien space god, they can get millions to believe in the Utopia. Also, there is no mass suicide, so I am helping really. Terrorist groups, fundamentalists, environmental extremists, PETA, etc. are counted under this umbrella. Furthermore, it's easy to hijack their connections or highly placed recruits to start seeding the idea of the correct path into the media. Imagine Tom Cruise starting to mention it during interviews, since he is a member of Scientology. Speaking of which, it's probably best to control a few celebrities and have them do the same. Imagine if I could control the production team behind Sesame Street(thank God for credits and Google giving me easy names and faces to search) and have them seed in utopic concepts into their episodes!

- Next, there will definitely be smarty pants who noticed something is amok. Controlling the director of the NSA and similar, names and faces of highly placed individuals within the Five Eyes espionage thing, easily searchable on Google - through this, it's possible to identify conspiracy forums that picked up on it, academics writing about the phenomenon, and have them turn their intelligence to the greater good. The conspiracy forums are probably run by paranoid freaks, so rather than bothering for their name and face I'll just take them offline under the pretext that they are a terrorist breeding nest or something similar.

- It goes without saying that at this point it will be a ripe time for looking to control world governments. Picture the following: it is the 2020 elections. Trump is having a debate with the democratic candidate(let's call her Jane Doe). Trump and Doe start talking about an unrelated topic, but manage to say something like "at least we both agree the correct path is good". Afterwards, Trump gives a speech about the correct path being good and dies of a heart attack. Doe wins by default. In the note is the words: "Jane Doe. Alzheimer's. 11/06/2035(or whatever the maximum living time the death note allows, I forget the exact rules). Dies in hospital after signing many executive orders about carrying out utopia". I am not sure if the Death Note works like this, so I will have to thoroughly discuss with the Shinigami to work things out.

- Control people into pumping funds into facilities like MIRI. This is the late stage plan of improving scientific research in order to actualize the things needed for utopia, like post-scarcity. At this point, it is just mop up by controlling or killing anyone that stands against the utopia. We can openly build re-education centers now. It will be well-funded by the many generous donations from dictators and sultans and presidents that are now followers of utopia.

Now, let me be clear that this is an ambitious project. I expect there to be many snags. I expect to rewrite the thing over and over with many re-organisations and replanning as circumstances change and I learn more about how the Death Note works. I cannot always expect to be able to get names and faced, and so on. However, this is the best "general outline" of what I think of as the best way to make the utopia a reality.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Accountant »

Hmm, on second thought, one way to get people to accept the correct path as legitimate is to control some respected scholars and have them back it. They are old, so it's fine if they die suddenly. This will be useful in conjunction with the celebrities idea.

Haha! As you see, there will always be ways to improve that I hadn't thought of! It's a shame the Death Note is fictional, isn't it? I could do so much with it. I wouldn't be surprised if I developed carpal tunnel lol
Last edited by Accountant on Thu May 04, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:56 am

Post by rb »

You have failed the test.

Son, I am disappoint.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:56 am

Post by rb »

Wanna know what I'd do with a death note?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4276, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 4232, Accountant wrote:But in the real world, it is not so straightforward. For example, I could write the names on national TV and it wouldn't be considered murder(unlike Kira, who would be arrested). That's because the society of our world believes that writing into a notebook isn't murder. You wouldn't be able to get a judge to convict me based on it.
But when Kira started out, there was no law about writing in a diary.

And if writing isn't a crime, then Kira did nothing wrong.

And murder is the crime still, regardless of the means.
Even then, it's excessively cruel to kill people just because they are idling, isn't it? It's not even for a greater good or grander purpose. And that is under the presumption that the right penalty for all crimes is death.

Hmm, you could argue writing in the death note is a crime. In which case, Kira may not do it unless the correct path orders him to.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4281, rb wrote:Wanna know what I'd do with a death note?
What?

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am

Post by rb »

burn it
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Accountant »

Are you insane?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 am

Post by Accountant »

Anna, I am not a lawyer, so I'd have to talk to one to see if it's feasible to count the Death Note as murder. I will be quite disappointed if it's not - because then I'd have to start my plan from scratch.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Accountant, if the authority of this website (admins & mods) told you to show all or some of this thread to your parents, would you be obligated to do so?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Accountant »

Just like a parent isn't granted authority to rape their child under the law, the admins of forums aren't granted permission to control out of forum actions under the law.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Accountant »

That said, they'd probably just get mad at me. They always tell me to not say my ideals to people because it causes arguments and I made my relatives angry during Chinese New Year.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:07 am

Post by rb »

In post 4285, Accountant wrote:Are you insane?
anyone who would use it, is truly lost
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:09 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 4288, Accountant wrote:Just like a parent isn't granted authority to rape their child under the law, the admins of forums aren't granted permission to control out of forum actions under the law.
Do you consider yourself a child?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Annadog40 »

So you murder trump when he says that the Correct path is good? Well after that, I wouldn't go for it if it gets people murdered.

Though if you find it, is your life span automatically shorter based on Ruk said?

And I think it depends when I find it, if I find it when I'm under attack, I'll use it to defend myself first then burn it.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4290, rb wrote:
In post 4285, Accountant wrote:Are you insane?
anyone who would use it, is truly lost
Do you have any argumentation to support this point?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4291, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 4288, Accountant wrote:Just like a parent isn't granted authority to rape their child under the law, the admins of forums aren't granted permission to control out of forum actions under the law.
Do you consider yourself a child?
This is a weird question, but after some thought, yes. I would definitely say that "I am a child".

My thought when calculating this was that I'm below 21. I still attend school and take on childish tasks and roles like schools and debate clubs rather than jobs and bills. I have a very naive (and well so) view about the world. I don't have much experience with the world. All of these things are "child-like".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4292, Annadog40 wrote:So you murder trump when he says that the Correct path is good? Well after that, I wouldn't go for it if it gets people murdered.

Though if you find it, is your life span automatically shorter based on Ruk said?

And I think it depends when I find it, if I find it when I'm under attack, I'll use it to defend myself first then burn it.
I would only kill Trump if it isn't murder. Murder is illegal.

I would definitely at least kill ISIS if I got it, if nothing else. If I didn't, thousands of people could die to them. How can I call myself a superhero if I don't kill the obvious villain?

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Annadog40 »

By jailing them.
This is my life now

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Accountant »

Jailing the leader of ISIS won't repay the debt. No matter what, the accounts must be balanced. The debts must be repaid. Money can repay money, but only blood can repay blood.

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:22 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Why does blood need to be repaid?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4298, MarioManiac4 wrote:Why does blood need to be repaid?
To be clear, are you seriously asking me why it's good to repay debts?

Return to “General Discussion”