Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 am

Post by Commander Shepard »

viewtopic.php?p=9184748#p9184748

2/3rds scum caught and Town MVP hands down.

I alted to try to have an account without that stigma that I could drop in replace solve games and boom.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:53 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

hrm, I'm still not really getting what I want you to get at. Of course I understand why you chose to alt and that you are posting differently is obvious. I'm asking what your thoughts were on how you were going to approach playing differently, with your different posting style, etc. What you're giving me is just the general surface stuff, I want to know what your thoughts were about the differences. It's a conscious thing you're doing, playing differently, so tell me about it.

If you're still not getting what I'm getting at, don't sweat it too much, but I am definitely looking for more about your approach than what you're giving (you're basically stating the obvious, I want to get inside your head.)
balance among all things
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:03 am

I don't do well with subjective questions like "pour out your brain". Inevitably I answer the wrong question:

My goal with the PR was to use it to try to adjust reads and to help clarify people who waffled. I also wanted to be able to send a last will of sorts to a player who I strongly believed was Town through images. When that latter part was a no go I rushed something together as fast as I could.

My overall goal with scumhunting was to post less and take a more "deep dive" why thought like I do on replace ins. For example with Wraith flipping town for example Postie's slip (which I do believe is a slip) makes more sense. AC then comes in and starts admonishing me for it. Let me get you a sample.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:05 am

Spoiler: Why posts
In post 469, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 463, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 17, drealmerz7 wrote:
IF I vote in RVS, it is for 1 of 3 pretty much always - nolynch, myself, or the mod

voting in RVS for other players is scummy, imo, and I hate RVS generally and wish for it to not exist

I do not like how defensive this slot is of accusations.

Does anyone know if this is usual behavior for drealmerz? Or is this a potential scum defensiveness?

The underlined is the reasoning for the no lynch vote. If it's something he always does why would he be worried about it and comment on it?
In post 470, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 161, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 160, The Wood Cutters wrote:Need I remind you she voted because mastina didn't but a fucking question mark.

A. QUESTION. MARK.

nancy, since you hardheartedly believe mastina puts a question mark in the beginning of her first few posts. Bring me the data to prove it.
To add to that, show me, when mastina, as scum will not use a question mark as compared to town mastina where she uses them in the beginning.

I'd love to know how you have the data to support your thesis and how you come to the conclusion that the absence of a question mark is so damning and is worthy of a vote. I can't fucking wait.
This feels a bit extreme for one vote. What made you so angry here?

This is from when I came in and asked a lot of why and emotion based questions.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:06 am

Those I generally do outside the thread and answer them later but I was trying to let people see in my head.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:09 am

In post 481, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 294, Almost Chara wrote:OK, I guess I can explain now:

I claimed to bait The Wood Cutters so that I can get a read there. Looking at the players list this looks like the strongest slot as either alignment, and I wanted to make sure they're on OUR side.

The claim was precisely to bait Mastina (she knows my play better than anyone in this game), and it worked.

I would have expected Scum!Mastina to push me further. Why? Because (as Scum) she would know 100% I'm Town already, and in her experience I lie much more as Town that I do as Scum, so she would have been alerted to me being a PR and trying to chase away a NK.

Town!MAstina though (according to what I was thinking) would have to think: EITHER TPR trying to avoid the NK, OR Scum trying to avoid getting lynched/investigated. THEN she would have to try and sort me out ASAP to decide on whether I'm worthy of her protection from a lynch or if I'm well worth her vote. I didn't see her going for the much more simple deduction she did, but still, not pushing me while knowing I do lie as Town makes her Town IMHO. (If you beg to differ, save it. I've just locked my read on that slot).

Now for whoever does have a brain; faking VT as Scum in this game is the worst thing I could have every done. I'm not dumb enough to get caught in a lie on N1. I only lie -as scum- when I absolutely have to.. i.e. when it benefits me, and I can't see anything fruitful for me from claiming a VT unprompted on D1. That only leaves you between me really being a VT or a lying TPR, so if we have a Role Cop it might be a good idea for them to check us. If not, then I guess time will tell (probably when we return a guilty "of some sort" on someone or another). :lol: :lol: :lol:

~A50
I think there is at least one scum in Almost Chara and Infinity if not two.
In post 497, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 496, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 495, Commander Shepard wrote:Why would you have to think about future scumreads?

VOTE: Tea and Biscuits
What I meant was I haven't thought ahead in terms of what changes for me if Wraith flips scum.

-- Postie
You mean if Wraith flips town?

So Wraith is town Postie is scum.
Look back at these two sections of D1.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Empking »

Ha, I didn't even recognise Math as a bad player. I guess Pi may have tricked me.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 am

Post by shaddowez »

Sorry all, having a really bad personal day and not at all in the mood to get into this. Will be back tomorrow
V/LA on Weekends
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

there's plenty of time, wez, take it easy and peace be with you
balance among all things
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:21 am

Post by Almost Chara »

hope everything's alright, shaddow.

i'm going to reread and examine again why i'm townreading Shepard, but they should know when and why my read on them began to waver. i still think they're town, but that means the townread on Postie is wrong. it's entirely possible. i didn't like Postie's lack of examination as to why Empking/AC doesn't make sense as a scumteam.

but i also really doubt Postie/Shepard is the team, hence the shaddowez vote who i already scumread.

Shepard, i asked for a discussion on why shaddow was town?
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:25 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Shepard being immediately recognizable to us (in our PT we discussed it, unfortunately Almost had fun teasing you about it) is something for Mathblade town. because at the time my experience with Mathblade (discounting Shadowrun where we didn't interact very much) lead me to believe that's who Shepard was.
that's the reason for the townread, dreal. they were so obviously Math to me and it was all town Math that i was comparing them to.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:34 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

that's makes notsense to me considering their proclaimation of coming in to the game with a different approach than normal and even so, is a very weak reason to TR someone
balance among all things
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Almost Chara »

why is meta from multiple games not a good reason to TR someone? it could be
wrong
meta sure, and i'm still waffling on that honestly. i know it's in scum's best interest to push us here and i don't like Shepard's insistence on not just having a discussion with us, because it would help me get a read that isn't based on meta.

i could tell they were trying for a new approach, but it looked like they were doing that to not be recognized. i didn't recognize Math based on what they did, it was how they did it and why.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:47 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

what is the 'how they did the what and why' specifically?
balance among all things
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:01 am

Post by Almost Chara »

i had a scumread on Shepard until post 500, when i realized they were Mathblade. it was the same feeling from Undertale when i started to get the sense that Titus was playing in an alt. Almost and i agreed not to butt heads with Mathblade, and we moved on.
the complete disagreement on reads, the pushing on slips that weren't slips. the issues over word differences that really mean the same thing but don't to Math. it's just things i recognized.

Shepard,
maybe
you're right on Postie scum. my reaction to you pushing her for that 'slip' was annoyance because it made her look townier, since the slip wasn't really anything. (this was back when i was scumreading Postie hard for tone)
Inception was a slip. this was saying 'scum' instead of 'town'. Freudian slips don't catch scum. Freud was wrong about nearly everything, actually. if you want to push Postie scum, find other things.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:02 am

Post by shaddowez »

Thanks dreal and Chara - catching up now.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:32 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 3244, drealmerz7 wrote:I want everyone to tell me why the TR shepard
At this stage in the game, my main reason for the TR is his reads progressions seem to be organic, not forced. I'm not familiar with their play, but I also don't think their reactions regarding certain things (when they were being pushed about their main and the "scumslip" specifically) seemed like they were coming from scum, but more from town frustration. Fakeable? Sure, but it just meshed with the rest of their play enough to make sense as town. Lastly, I'm not great at VCA, but using what I can it doesn't seem to make sense for him to be scum.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 am

Post by shaddowez »

VOTE: T&B

I haven't specifically TRed this slot all game, though I never had a strong enough SR to try and push it. Nobody was ever able to give me a good reason for a TR on this slot, and while Infinty was being sincere in his reasoning an almost purely meta read really isn't enough. She's been extremely lazy in her last few posts, and almost seems like she's just flipping a coin to decide who to vote, which leads me to believe she doesn't care for two reasons: 1) if people join her on the wagon she's already on, she's golden, and 2) if any other wagon gains enough steam, especially if a scum partner joins it, she can just hop over to hammer. She's not really pushing a read, just saying "shaddowez is scum based on this 1 post and because everybody else is town".

If we didn't have a miller
and
a Godfather flip I'd actually place Empking as more likely scum, but with the power level that flipped his claim makes complete sense.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:41 am

Post by shaddowez »

She's also been conveniently off every lynch wagon since D1, including the CK/Titus wagon.
V/LA on Weekends
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

Why am I not surprised

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:08 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

postie, would love more from you any day now
balance among all things
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 am

In post 3267, shaddowez wrote:an almost purely meta read really isn't enough.
Why not, shaddowez? I've been lynched (without ever making it to LyLo) in every single game I've been scum in to date except my first, because that's how weak my scumgame is. Please do go ahead and refute any meta-based arguments that Infinity made.

-- Postie
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:16 am

In post 3270, drealmerz7 wrote:postie, would love more from you any day now
What kind of content are you looking for?

-- Postie
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:18 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3244, drealmerz7 wrote:I want everyone to tell me why the TR shepard
not looking good for you, T&B
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

those who SR them need to be trying harder to convince me wez is scum, that AC is scum

work work work
balance among all things

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”