Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Addendum to : I used but didn't explicitly state the assumption that there aren't two killing roles. If you drop that assumption, everything is the same except that TTTCCMM is less probable (~35%) and there are five more possible setups.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2194, Umlaut wrote:Um, if Titus doesn't know Dave claimed vig that's
another
knowledge slip, since she immediately attributed the kill to a vig.
Of course. Brian was scumread. I don't see an SK here, unless it happens to be Dave.

We can prove me wrong or not. You can pretend my familiarity with this setup is knowledge slips or not. I watch open setups and I watch people. We can do this dance again, or you can save yourself a headache and sheep me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
RoryMK
RoryMK
Goon
RoryMK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by RoryMK »

Titus, if there's no SK, Dave is a vig. You realize that, right??
In memory of Rory, Radja's character pick in Survivor: Magic Kingdom
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2202, RoryMK wrote:Titus, if there's no SK, Dave is a vig. You realize that, right??
Right. My presumption was that Almost Dave as scum, but if Dave is as you say a claimed Vig then Dave most likely isn't group scum, which makes my inital assumption of a vig less likely to be accurate.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Titus »

That also explains why Almost was willing to "bus" Dave but Dave was not willing to "bus" Almost. Almost wasn't bussing and Dave had zero desire to piss off the scumteam.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by Titus »

After all, if Dave's a vig, he shoots me, no questions asked. I'm a claimed VT and he's tunnelled on me for so long. Yet, he doesn't shoot me. Nope. He needs a place to be safe. Dave shooting anyone but me doesn't make sense for a vig.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by Titus »

The problem is, I need one more scum with that theory and need to determine who they are.

I think it's time for a letters massclaim, but with the last mason(s) claiming VT to shield their identity. Let's put this setup to bed shall we?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2198, Umlaut wrote:On paper TTTCCMM is actually the single most probable setup (~44%), but it implies a serial killer who decided not to kill n1, which I think is itself pretty unlikely.
You've left out both shooting the same target or a doctor heal.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 4:26 am

Post by davesaz »

Titus, you leave out the most likely reason for you to still be alive. It happens to actually be the reason.
Maybe it's too obvious because you happen to be the target of my strong but not very reliable scumread.
I'm town and I trust others reads more than my own.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2207, Titus wrote:You've left out both shooting the same target or a doctor heal.
I was explicitly talking about a setup in which there is no doctor. (You're right that I left out the possibility someone was double-targeted.)
In post 2201, Titus wrote:We can prove me wrong or not. You can pretend my familiarity with this setup is knowledge slips or not. I watch open setups and I watch people. We can do this dance again, or you can save yourself a headache and sheep me.
Well, I do love to dance.

VOTE: Titus

Looking back, the only reason I thought Titus couldn't be scum was that she was on the Gamma lynch, but I can't give infinite credit for that. The way she thought MathSkies was absolutely, unquestionably a vig shot up until she was reminded it was Dave, and then said "never mind it's SK," makes it seem like she's more interested in getting Dave roped than she is in updating on the evidence. And the idea that she knew it was a vig shot even while complaining that it was a bad shot is more than I'm willing to swallow.

Also, everyone ignore Titus' massclaim suggestion. There are excellent reasons to avoid further role claims until Dave has confirmed or disconfirmed that he has more shots. This is independent of her alignment: Titus pushed a premature and harmful massclaim as town in my very first game on MS, so her appeals to self-expertise here mean nothing to me.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
RoryMK
RoryMK
Goon
RoryMK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 5:20 am

Post by RoryMK »

In post 2205, Titus wrote:After all, if Dave's a vig, he shoots me, no questions asked. I'm a claimed VT and he's tunnelled on me for so long. Yet, he doesn't shoot me. Nope. He needs a place to be safe. Dave shooting anyone but me doesn't make sense for a vig.
yeah, that's not how this works.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2210, RoryMK wrote:
In post 2205, Titus wrote:After all, if Dave's a vig, he shoots me, no questions asked. I'm a claimed VT and he's tunnelled on me for so long. Yet, he doesn't shoot me. Nope. He needs a place to be safe. Dave shooting anyone but me doesn't make sense for a vig.
It's exactly how it works. Yet Dave is reliable to only pass the buck and is afraid to actually stick his neck out. But ok, fuck it up again.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 5:45 am

Post by ThinkBig »

VC moved to the next page .
Last edited by ThinkBig on Wed May 10, 2017 8:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
RoryMK
RoryMK
Goon
RoryMK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:25 am

Post by RoryMK »

In post 2211, Titus wrote:
It's exactly how it works. Yet Dave is reliable to only pass the buck and is afraid to actually stick his neck out. But ok, fuck it up again.
There is no way we're lynching a claimed vig. I feel like we're back in the Pokemon game were you stubbornly kept pushing for a lynch on pretty much confirmed town as scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2213, RoryMK wrote:
In post 2211, Titus wrote:
There is no way we're lynching a claimed vig. I feel like we're back in the Pokemon game were you stubbornly kept pushing for a lynch on pretty much confirmed town as scum.
He isn't confirmed town at all. He can claim either 1 shot and be exposed by letters as sk eventually (which means no lynch today) or full claim and likely be outed as sk.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'll have you know that Titus' persistence to include me in every possible scum team is pinging me hard. She is one of the very few who can read through me, and she knows my play as either alignment. She has seen the good and the bad in my play as either alignment, and there's NO WAY she is misreading me here.

So, I'll make you all an offer you can't refuse (I think): LYNCH ME. When I do flip Town, lynch Titus + Narna. That's the scum team I see right now, with Titus being the GF (and the thus the deviation from her meta of not bussing). If the game still doesn't end THEN dave is a SK. (If he is a full Vig he should shoot in Titus/Narna tonight).

I think Gamma claiming a 1-shot RB was to out the RB if any. It helped scum a LOT to decide which setup this might be. I'm not sure if they already identified the Cop or if it was a strike of luck.

Can you do this, please?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RoryMK
RoryMK
Goon
RoryMK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 am

Post by RoryMK »

not lynching town to prove a point. Let's just kill Titus and be done with it.

Also dave isn't claiming either.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'm down for a Titus lynch

VOTE: Titus

My plan (of lynching me first) helps eliminate the WIFOM though. I'm being used as a distraction, so it could very well help those in doubt to see the light.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

^^ L-1, btw.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Umlaut »

Me, davesaz, RoryMK, Almost50.

I am not thrilled with the composition of this wagon.

Not unvoting but let's at least give everyone else a chance to weigh in before anyone hammers.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Titus »

Hmph, was I wrong on you Rory? Either you or Umlaut.

This has been nothing but posturing from you both.

Also, I think my entire wagon minus Rory is those not voting Gamma. (Needs verifying)
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2215, Almost50 wrote:I'll have you know that Titus' persistence to include me in every possible scum team is pinging me hard. She is one of the very few who can read through me, and she knows my play as either alignment. She has seen the good and the bad in my play as either alignment, and there's NO WAY she is misreading me here.

So, I'll make you all an offer you can't refuse (I think): LYNCH ME. When I do flip Town, lynch Titus + Narna. That's the scum team I see right now, with Titus being the GF (and the thus the deviation from her meta of not bussing). If the game still doesn't end THEN dave is a SK. (If he is a full Vig he should shoot in Titus/Narna tonight).

I think Gamma claiming a 1-shot RB was to out the RB if any. It helped scum a LOT to decide which setup this might be. I'm not sure if they already identified the Cop or if it was a strike of luck.

Can you do this, please?
I really don't understand how you are coming to most of these conclusions.

Why do you think Titus is GF and Narna a goon, and not the other way around?
Why do you suspect Narna in the first place?
What does Titus or Narna's alignment have to do with Dave's?

Meta question for others: I've seen Almost make the "lynch me" offer as scum. Has anyone seen him do it as town?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2220, Titus wrote:Hmph, was I wrong on you Rory? Either you or Umlaut.

This has been nothing but posturing from you both.

Also, I think my entire wagon minus Rory is those not voting Gamma. (Needs verifying)
If I needed more confirmation that Titus' suspect list is just a list of people who scumread her, this is it.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2221, Umlaut wrote:
In post 2215, Almost50 wrote:I'll have you know that Titus' persistence to include me in every possible scum team is pinging me hard. She is one of the very few who can read through me, and she knows my play as either alignment. She has seen the good and the bad in my play as either alignment, and there's NO WAY she is misreading me here.

Can you do this, please?
I really don't understand how you are coming to most of these conclusions.

Why do you think Titus is GF and Narna a goon, and not the other way around?
Why do you suspect Narna in the first place?
What does Titus or Narna's alignment have to do with Dave's?

Meta question for others: I've seen Almost make the "lynch me" offer as scum. Has anyone seen him do it as town?
No but I have never seen it. Scum do it if they'll feel they will lose with a particular slot alive. Town do it if they feel player X is unconvinable. I can't really see me being unconvincable here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 8:45 am

Post by ThinkBig »

page
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.

Return to “Completed Open Games”