Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2624, Siblings Quarrel wrote:
In post 2623, Titus wrote:particularly with the debates Math may be having with SQ later if all goes according to plan.
Am I allowed to ask what this is, or do I have to wait like a good little Alisae to find out?
-Ali
Wait my darling like an awesome Alisae you are. I'm just a powerless little woman when we chat. ;)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Insomniacs »

Prod this Sly dad please and ty

-Narna
A hydra of Narna and MathBlade!!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 1:45 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2622, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Cerberus I love you not including "chairman doggo NOT having the immunity" possibility.
Umm, I addressed that at the start of my wall, where I said "assuming they had the claimed immunity blah blah". The universe where they DON'T have the claimed immunity and are town is the reason why I said they should be shot for being stupid and making that claim.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Wall
Wall
Goon
Wall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 1:48 am

Post by Wall »

_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
___|___|So, you care more about|___|__
_|___|___|"teaching someone a|___|___|
___|___|lesson" vs actually trying|___|__
_|___|___|___|to win?|___|___|___|___|
___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|__
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 1:58 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

[quote="In post 2620, Cerberus v666"
Now, in the scenario we were presented with, a shot at Doggo
(were that initial claim actually an honest one, blah blah)
, has three possibilities.

[/quote]

See the above? That addresses that scenario. Gamma, how can you persistently misunderstand my posts? Earlier you interpreted my posts regarding Titus' as somehow calling her out for rolefishing, and now you fail to recognize that the above post was meant to explain the line of reasoning that led to me suggesting that Gamma shoot the claimed faction immune over a universal scumread. That line of reasoning is obviously not relevant in the event that the factional immunity does not exist, so there's NOTHING TO ADDRESS in that scenario, and it has NO RELEVANCE to my line of reasoning.

One can't plan for town lies when determining optimal lines of play, all one can do is assume all statements are true if town, and possibly true if scum, and look at the results of those three possible scenarios of honest town, honest scum, and lying scum.

pedit: Holy shit you people are fucking incompetent. Wall. I wrote a big ass fucking wall to address your point that it seemed that my approach to the situation was VERY different, and displayed that NO, it wasn't very different, and NO, the claimed factional immunity wasn't a minor difference, and you fucking latch onto the part where I CLEARLY said I gave no fucks about whether or not Doggo was town because stupid town deserve to die. Like, your initial point had some merit if you didn't understand my thought process, town!Cerb has done one thing in the recent past, why is he advocating something different this time, but this? That last part is pretty obviously me not caring about winning AT ALL. In that sequence of posts I advocated for shooting myself OR doggo.

So no, it had nothing to do with winning, or teaching someone a lesson. I sincerely believe that Doggo's death would be better for the game state(because they've been shown to be liars now, and they're spammy, so if town, I'd prefer they were gone), but that belief had nothing to do with my final statements on the vig shot.
Wall
Wall
Goon
Wall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Wall »

_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
___|___|___|___|___|___|Oh also, this is for rb:|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___
___|___|Image|___|__
_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___

P-Edit:
_|___|What if I think it's optimal|___|
___|___|to lynch fucking assholes?|___|__
_|___|I would have voted you if I|___|
___|___|used such shit criteria|___|__
_|___|for justifying votes. Though|___|
___|___|I suppose I do have a|___|__
_|___|threshold and by golly, you|___|
___|___|sure are the kind of person|___|__
_|___|that pushes my "I AM THE BEST|___|
___|___|WORSHIP ME IDIOTS"-buttons|___|__
Wall
Wall
Goon
Wall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Wall »

_|___|Captain Asshole here!|___|___|
___|___|Letting everyone know|___|__
_|___|how incompetent everyone|___|___|
___|___|is while advocating for|___|__
_|___|shooting an obvtown slot!|___|
___|___|Harharharharharhar.|___|__
Wall
Wall
Goon
Wall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Wall »

___|___|Like seriously, get fucking|___|__
_|___|over yourself. People asking|___|
___|___|you about your thought|___|__
_|___|process to try and figure you|___|
___|___|out doesn't make them|___|__
_|___|___|incompetent. Jackass.|___|___|
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

No, but IGNORING the part where I explain the thought process, the specific thing you asked about, and instead shifting the conversation to a completely separate issue, DOES give the appearance of incompetence(at least the sort of incompetence that comes in the form of ignoring when someone addresses your concerns and looking for new reasons to support your bias once the old reason has been shown to be shitty).

Regarding the obvtown bullshit: No. That's purely subjective. You can't make that statement with any degree of authority. What's obvtown to you isn't obvtown for others, therefore my advocacy for a shot on a slot you believe to be obvtown has no significance as a sign of my own competence(or lack thereof).

I do agree that I'm an asshole though. People are biased in general, and too stupid to REALIZE they're biased, so I tend to treat everyone as irrational all the time within the confines of Mafia. And it's well within your rights to think it's optimal to lynch fucking assholes. Feel free. Such a push actually has a chance for success at this stage, unlike earlier when Doggo and Titus voted for me.
Wall
Wall
Goon
Wall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:20 am

Post by Wall »

___|I asked about a different|___|___|_
_|___|angle because I wasn't|___|___|_
___|___|interested in the original|___|__
_|___|any longer. I don't understand|___|
___|___|how that isn't reasonable?|___|__
___|___|Do you instantly forego|___|__
_|___|bad feelings about someone|___|
___|the moment that they explain|___|__
_|___|one thing away if something|___|
___|___|gave you a bad vibe?|___|__
_|___|It would be halfassed hunting|___|
___|___|to completely let go of|___|__
_|___|a read just because someone|___|
___|___|explained something.|___|___|__
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2634, Wall wrote:_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
___|I asked about a different|___|___|_
_|___|angle because I wasn't|___|___|_
___|___|interested in the original|___|__
_|___|any longer. I don't understand|___|
___|___|how that isn't reasonable?|___|__
___|___|Do you instantly forego|___|__
_|___|bad feelings about someone|___|
___|the moment that they explain|___|__
_|___|one thing away if something|___|
___|___|gave you a bad vibe?|___|__
_|___|It would be halfassed hunting|___|
___|___|to completely let go of|___|__
_|___|a read just because someone|___|
___|___|explained something.|___|___|__
I generally don't do vibes. I do evidence. I do reasoning and conscious thought. So yes, if something is explained to me and actually makes sense, without the explanation itself contradicting previous statements, that piece of evidence is filed away as reasonable and only worth reexamining upon the emergence of further evidence.

And I don't care about you letting go of or not letting go of the read. What I care about is the complete dismissal of my explanation that comes when you wholly ignore the explanation and instead focus on other minutiae. As I said, it gives the appearance of confirmation bias. It makes it seem that you're more interested in finding evidence to support the position you've adopted rather than evaluating the situation and determining what position makes sense. We would have had no problem had you said "Okay, maybe your original suggestion for the shot wasn't as out of character as I thought, but later on, when you advocated for the shot anyways after learning that the claim was not true, THAT was definitely out of character. It was not a shot at a universal scumread as you had previously suggested in prior games. You say that the other optimal line is using the day vig as a second lynch, so why didn't you default back to that thought when your other idea was proven unworkable?"

Stating things that way, in a fashion that makes it clear that you bothered reading my post, and are actually responding to it, and that you have a valid complaint?

That's something I can respect and will refrain from calling stupid.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

^ I just reread my last post and I've clearly spent too much time hydraing because I referred to myself as we. That's pretty entertaining really, but will probably be called a scum slip by someone. *sigh* Ah well.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
___|___|Whenever I'm town, you can bet I'm reading everything at least once. If I'm not picking at your response, it's because I don't think it will be useful to me to do so.|___|___
_|___|Obviously I didn't feel like your explanation was scummy, but I also didn't feel like it was beyond my expectations of what someone like you could come up with as scum to|___|
___|___|explain it away, so I moved on to something that I felt I could poke at to get more of a read on you. If I was actively screaming for you to get lynched I could get your|___|___
_|___|frustration, but it was just a literal question and that's it. Maybe some inference could get you to "HE IS CALLING ME SCUM FOR THIS" but it was literally just me poking|___|
___|___|at your thought process to get a better idea of whether you're on the level or not here. If you act so defensive to basic questioning, why would anyone bother trying|___|___
_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|to sort you instead of just keeping their read?|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|_
___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Aaaaah
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wall
Wall
Goon
Wall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Wall »

In post 2637, Cheetory6 wrote:_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
___|___|Whenever I'm town, you can bet I'm reading everything at least once. If I'm not picking at your response, it's because I don't think it will be useful to me to do so.|___|___
_|___|Obviously I didn't feel like your explanation was scummy, but I also didn't feel like it was beyond my expectations of what someone like you could come up with as scum to|___|
___|___|explain it away, so I moved on to something that I felt I could poke at to get more of a read on you. If I was actively screaming for you to get lynched I could get your|___|___
_|___|frustration, but it was just a literal question and that's it. Maybe some inference could get you to "HE IS CALLING ME SCUM FOR THIS" but it was literally just me poking|___|
___|___|at your thought process to get a better idea of whether you're on the level or not here. If you act so defensive to basic questioning, why would anyone bother trying|___|___
_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|to sort you instead of just keeping their read?|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|_
___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___
_|___|___|Fucking hell. Why did|___|___|
___|___|I do this to myself.|___|___|__
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:50 am

Post by rb »

cerberus is town
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So many alt slips, but dedication to the post restriction at least. :P

To answer your question: I'm not really interested in making it easy for people to sort me, ever? I'm also not defensive about basic questioning, I'm defensive about questioning from individuals who seem to be wasting my time by ignoring my previous answers. I don't like wasting my time. As I said, the question you asked would have been fine had it seemed to come from a place of thought, rather than an ignorant desire to "gotcha" me by pointing out something else. Not saying that it came from such a desire, I'm simply explaining the way it looked to me, and the reason behind the way I reacted.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2641, Cerberus v666 wrote:So many alt slips, but dedication to the post restriction at least. :P

To answer your question: I'm not really interested in making it easy for people to sort me, ever? I'm also not defensive about basic questioning, I'm defensive about questioning from individuals who seem to be wasting my time by ignoring my previous answers. I don't like wasting my time. As I said, the question you asked would have been fine had it seemed to come from a place of thought, rather than an ignorant desire to "gotcha" me by pointing out something else. Not saying that it came from such a desire, I'm simply explaining the way it looked to me, and the reason behind the way I reacted.
The above post is a lie actually, the first sentence at least. In Bloodborne I was very interested in obvtowning(because of the games mechanics and my role there was special reason to want everyone to townread me), and I made an effort to do so for the first time ever. So, there has been an occasion where I wanted people to easily sort me, it's just not something I desire in most games.
Not Fury
Not Fury
Mafia Scum
Not Fury
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:06 am

Post by Not Fury »

In post 2640, rb wrote:cerberus is town
Am I still scum?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:38 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

VOTE: Sly

End the day already
Spoiler:
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

HEY GIN
I WANT TO TALK TO YOU
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:40 am

In post 2645, Gamma Emerald wrote:HEY GIN
I WANT TO TALK TO YOU
ask questions, i'm about to drive to work, i'll answer at stop lights
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why did you vote me after gifting your vote to me?
<Embrace The Void>

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:41 am

That was me wanting you to sheep my vote and I already explained this, go look in my iso and see where I said alright fuck it
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh
I read it wrong
Gfdi
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”