Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Shaziro »

Fucking gross.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Umlaut »

Topic jump: Why do you consider the suggestion that you're mentally ill to be insulting? Would you consider it insulting if someone suggested you were physically ill?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4448, Umlaut wrote:
In post 4447, Accountant wrote:And I'd rather have a hundred thousand Magnificent Bastard mass murderers than a single nobody.
I hope for your sake that the nobodies around you are not replaced with hundreds of thousands of Magnificent Bastard mass murderers.
At least it'll be interesting.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4451, Umlaut wrote:Topic jump: Why do you consider the suggestion that you're mentally ill to be insulting? Would you consider it insulting if someone suggested you were physically ill?
Because the mind is more important than the body. The mind is my personal sanctum sanctorum. If it's defiled, that's an insult on me.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4450, Shaziro wrote:Fucking gross.
It is, but saying so is not an effective response.

To be honest I don't know what is an effective response, which is why I'm mostly just trying to get a fully fleshed-out version of how Accountant's mind actually works.

It occurs to me that I should have made my original bet in the opposite direction. Instead of giving Accountant a financial incentive
not
to listen to anything that might alter their opinions, I should have just offered them an incentive
to
denounce their opinions, to see how well their ideals hold up against the slightest of temptations.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Accountant »

You are literally a plebeian. You think something beautiful is gross because you don't understand it.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4454, Umlaut wrote:It occurs to me that I should have made my original bet in the opposite direction. Instead of giving Accountant a financial incentive not to listen to anything that might alter their opinions, I should have just offered them an incentive to denounce their opinions, to see how well their ideals hold up against the slightest of temptations.
More than happy to reverse the bet.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4453, Accountant wrote:
In post 4451, Umlaut wrote:Topic jump: Why do you consider the suggestion that you're mentally ill to be insulting? Would you consider it insulting if someone suggested you were physically ill?
Because the mind is more important than the body. The mind is my personal sanctum sanctorum. If it's defiled, that's an insult on me.
Isn't this all the more reason someone should alert you if they suspect such a defiling has actually occurred already?

I mean, I think untrained people trying to diagnose someone over a message board armed with a list of symptoms from Wikipedia is ridiculous. But if you value your mental health so much, shouldn't you be especially vigilant about keeping tabs on it, rather than just taking for granted that you are perfectly sane and yelling at anyone who suggests it could be otherwise?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4457, Umlaut wrote:Isn't this all the more reason someone should alert you if they suspect such a defiling has actually occurred already?
No. In the first place, it's considered to be an ideal sanctum, so whatever you consider a defiling is probably just you failing to understand it properly or appreciate its goodness.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4457, Umlaut wrote:But if you value your mental health so much, shouldn't you be especially vigilant about keeping tabs on it, rather than just taking for granted that you are perfectly sane and yelling at anyone who suggests it could be otherwise?
Because the people trying to tell me how to take care of my mind are so wrong it's disgusting. I am vigilant in my own mental health. You should keep to your own business and your own mind. I have two people I trust very much who know my mind as well as I do to assist me in this task. THEY have the mandate to point out potential weak points. You're just an amateur in the subject of my mind. It's like going up to Stephen Hawking and telling him your pet theory about black holes.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4456, Accountant wrote:More than happy to reverse the bet.
This surprises me a lot. Why would you be willing to do this?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:51 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4460, Umlaut wrote:
In post 4456, Accountant wrote:More than happy to reverse the bet.
This surprises me a lot. Why would you be willing to do this?
To prove to everyone once and for all I'm not a troll and to proudly display the conviction I have by refusing to denounce my beliefs for money.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'll have to think about it, because I don't want to be seen as backing out of the stand I took by making the bet in the first place.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Accountant »

Just tag it as an additional bet.

$X to me if I renounce my beliefs rn
$Y to me if I don't renounce them in 5 years

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Fluminator »

Has there been any progress yet in helping accountant?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 4426, Accountant wrote:
In post 4424, Sesq wrote:no it's not you just have zero understanding of anything

people have traits that they themselves do not notice, but others around them do.

a lot of assholey people don't realize they are assholes. it isn't a mental disease, it's completely normal

if anything you're implying everyone has alzheimer's which is weird
There's no such thing as a trait that I don't notice but others do. How the hell do you think I got the traits I got if not by me creating them? Would you tell Picasso that he had a painting that he didn't remember painting and never painted, but insist that it's totally his and a genuine Picasso? Wouldn't you be implying that Picasso has a mental illness if you did so?

I agree that many people have mental dysfunctions causing them to be unable to be in control of their own brain. But don't you compare me to those... things. They are akin to hollow shells - the stuffed body of a wild animal, a rusted-out robot following a corrupted piece of source code. It is a grave insult to compare me to those. It's such a grave insult that I name it a cardinal sin to go around telling people they're not in control of their own brain.
and herein lies the problem

people do not create their own personality traits. you can kinda modify and redirect them, sort of, if you are skilled enough but that's pretty rare. someone making art and making themselves are totally different things, mostly because the latter isnt done.

also, one of the most common things other people notice is ego. yours is very large.

why you are taking such offense to being accused of the same pitfalls every real human being goes through is beyond me.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4464, Fluminator wrote:Has there been any progress yet in helping accountant?
I refuted your bullshit about knowing secrets being a right.

And I don't need your "help".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4465, Sesq wrote:
In post 4426, Accountant wrote:
In post 4424, Sesq wrote:no it's not you just have zero understanding of anything

people have traits that they themselves do not notice, but others around them do.

a lot of assholey people don't realize they are assholes. it isn't a mental disease, it's completely normal

if anything you're implying everyone has alzheimer's which is weird
There's no such thing as a trait that I don't notice but others do. How the hell do you think I got the traits I got if not by me creating them? Would you tell Picasso that he had a painting that he didn't remember painting and never painted, but insist that it's totally his and a genuine Picasso? Wouldn't you be implying that Picasso has a mental illness if you did so?

I agree that many people have mental dysfunctions causing them to be unable to be in control of their own brain. But don't you compare me to those... things. They are akin to hollow shells - the stuffed body of a wild animal, a rusted-out robot following a corrupted piece of source code. It is a grave insult to compare me to those. It's such a grave insult that I name it a cardinal sin to go around telling people they're not in control of their own brain.
and herein lies the problem

people do not create their own personality traits. you can kinda modify and redirect them, sort of, if you are skilled enough but that's pretty rare. someone making art and making themselves are totally different things, mostly because the latter isnt done.

also, one of the most common things other people notice is ego. yours is very large.

why you are taking such offense to being accused of the same pitfalls every real human being goes through is beyond me.
"i cant do it myself therefore accountant cant either hehe"

your limitations do not define my abilities.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 4455, Accountant wrote:
You are literally a plebeian. You think something beautiful is gross because you don't understand it.
"you're a pleb because you don't understand how killing people to advance your political goals is good"
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Accountant »

Because I'm not a real human being. To try to force me through the bullshit real human beings put themselves through is insulting.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4468, Sesq wrote:
In post 4455, Accountant wrote:
"you're a pleb because you don't understand how killing people to advance your political goals is good"
STOP THE FUCKING MISREPS

QUOTE WHERE I SAID HUSSEINS ACTIONS WERE GOOD

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Accountant »

I SPECIFICALLY said it was BEAUTIFUL and not GOOD

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Accountant »

You can't even distinguish between a basic facet of my ideology and you have the conjones to tell me what I can and cannot do with my mind, which is my personal property

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Annadog40 »

The word grotesque I think relates to what you are talking about Accountant.

Cause that is a sort of Ugly Beauty I think, might be wrong though
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Fluminator »

Accountant! Listen to me. It's not too late and you're still young. Life will be harder in the short term but awesome in the long term if you face reality head on. Please believe me. I'm someone who loves lucid dreaming and even I understand it's limitations compared to reality.
Last edited by Fluminator on Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”