Newbie 1795 | Summer | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 1:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.05

jjh927
(2): Not_Mafia, Fykus
Cero68
(1): Papa Zito
Not_Mafia
(1): Tchill13
Papa Zito
(1): jjh927

Not Voting
(4): Cece, Cero68, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kawl

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-05-21 13:30:00)
Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu May 11, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 1:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Kawl replaces cinderella
<(") | (")>
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Kawl »

Yo.

Reading the thread through now.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Papa Zito »

So many replacements. whoosh

I get The Plan but it seems to hinge on the scums not getting a successful bp fakeclaim off. Maybe I'm not thinking things through and that's not a legit worry tho.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Kawl »

Only one of the six set ups gives BP as a safe fake claim. So that's a losing play for scum. Personally, I tend to lean on mechanics and EV discussions too much as a crutch in my games elsewhere online, so I lean towards not doing the plan TM and just focusing on playing straight up.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 am

Post by jjh927 »

2 of those setups scum know there isn't a BP and can't do the claim. It's actually a 1/4 that they might be able to safely fakeclaim BP. However, that's still a losing play.

The primary purpose is that scum can't fakeclaim BP later in the game.

Seriously would prefer to stay off of this for a couple days though, as I said. I'll happily answer questions if anyone has any doubts when we actually do it.

Kawl, where are you at opinions-wise?
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 64, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 59, jjh927 wrote:What did you think of my earlier interactions with Fykus?
Not terribly interesting.
In post 60, Cece wrote:Why Dyou think he's scum then Zito or was it and just pressure?
If it was just pressure do you think it's a good idea to admit to that?

To answer the first: Reasons. Powerful reasons.
Why do you think a pressure vote loses some of its strength if its declared to be a pressure vote? I could see the argument for a larger game, but with only 9, each vote carries sufficient strength regardless in my opinion.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 18, Fykus wrote:I'm tempted to L-1 you but I suppose I shouldn't, just in case scum decide to pull a fast one.

VOTE: Jax Teller

Because I hated jax by the end of that show.

In post 33, Fykus wrote:
In post 25, jjh927 wrote:Speaking of experience, Fykus, you're an SE so you should be quite aware that quickhammering would basically be a scumclaim.

I see a poor attempt to obtain towncred.

VOTE: Fykus
In post 32, jjh927 wrote:I have completed 0 games on MS.

This is a serious point though and I would like a response, rather than this just being RVS. If you truly believed that scum might quickhammer me then why didn't you put me on L-1? Trading a town for a scum is extremely worthwhile.
I didn't want to risk a newbie accidentally hammering you. Plus the fact the day has only just started I didn't want it to end prematurely. Whats with your obsession of being put to L-1? Would you claim at L-1 during RVS?

Also I don't think I believe the 0 completed games claim you've got, mainly because you seem to know the intricacies of the BP claim strategy - such as waiting until later in the day to start discussing it rather than straight away. Are you expecting me to believe that you joined the site a few weeks ago and have just consumed and took in all this information about the ways of the site?
Yea these two posts are sticking in my craw a bit with regards to Fykus, the after the fact shift of reasoning behind not putting someone at L-1 feels bad. No issue with the stance, but the moving logic doesn't inspire confidence.

Too many of his posts focus on the BP claim deal, first one to bring it up, prods the IC to comment on it, explains it out. Beyond that is his back and forth with JJ and the case he makes in #132. I find it wholly unconvincing and it breezes over the real issue that his first vote presented which is the moving logic behind it.

Disagree with his assessment that Zito 'won' in the discussion with JJ but that could just be a honest difference in interpretation.

But overall, feels sketchy enough.

VOTE: Fykus
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Hi New players. Not sure about the town lean on fykus from Arnold. Even though he made that case against jj he's still a scum lean for me because of his l-1 comment.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 156, Kawl wrote:Why do you think a pressure vote loses some of its strength if its declared to be a pressure vote? I could see the argument for a larger game, but with only 9, each vote carries sufficient strength regardless in my opinion.
I disagree with your opinion. :D I think not knowing whether or not I've seen something damning generates far more pressure than simply declaring "I'm dogpiling on you for lulz" regardless of how many players are in the game. But this is just a theory argument.
Kappa
Just Monika
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:22 am

Post by jjh927 »

I kind of like Fykus' case on me tbh, but only because I think it was built to see how I react. I don't see it as a case rooted in real opinions. He's a scumlean but I'll let you guys push him because I need to work on placing other people more. I've only really got scumreads rn.

PEdit: Oh, I agree with Zito there.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 160, jjh927 wrote:I kind of like Fykus' case on me tbh, but only because I think it was built to see how I react. I don't see it as a case rooted in real opinions. He's a scumlean but I'll let you guys push him because I need to work on placing other people more. I've only really got scumreads rn.

PEdit: Oh, I agree with Zito there.
Meh, again with the putting words in people's posts and what not. If that's the case let him say so, giving out a smokescreen seems janky.

wrt to pressure: Early on day 1, I take all votes as pressure until proven/explained otherwise, but alright I can at least see that argument Zito.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

Honestly, I do that a lot. Being wrong gets reactions too and I think it's in town's best interests to just say what you think.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: fykus

Okay I'll push.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 162, jjh927 wrote:Honestly, I do that a lot. Being wrong gets reactions too and I think it's in town's best interests to just say what you think.
Share what you think wrt to events and posts sure. Sharing what ifs regarding intentions and potential misinterpretation of others posts I don't think so. Assume good faith in someone's post unless they state otherwise. If it's fishing for reactions they should do so when enough data is gathered, but having a third party say well this is probably wrong on purpose just muddied the water and gives more wiggle room for logically sparse posts.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

I don't think I really class as a third party in Fykus' case on me. It is kinda on me.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 165, jjh927 wrote:I don't think I really class as a third party in Fykus' case on me. It is kinda on me.
It being on you doesn't give you any special insight into the motivation behind Fykus' post, so yea you classify as a third party still.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Kawl and Arnold what are your thoughts on Zito?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger »

Zito is okay. Not doing anything that makes me question him. Haven't really seen anything that makes me townread him either.

Tchill, why did you vote Fykus?
In memory of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Radja's character pick in Survivor: 2016
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 18, Fykus wrote:I'm tempted to L-1 you but I suppose I shouldn't, just in case scum decide to pull a fast one.

VOTE: Jax Teller

Because I hated jax by the end of that show.

The way Fykus mentions he'd like to put him at L-1 here then doesn't. Easy attempt for town cred but jj would have more than likely Unvoted himself. Fykus then blows this off a few posts later. Zito and jj get into a discussion and Fykus states jj won... Seems "convenient" to me that jj lost his discussion with Zito after jj was the one who brought up Fykus' L-1 comment. I personally don't think either side "won" that discussion. Then Fykus' post on 132 seems to be grasping at straws a little. It's also very well put together and planned out which makes me see Fykus' argument as "I'm scum defending myself trying to throw the attention on jj"
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Fykus »

ay yo jj, how many scum do you reckon are on my wagon?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Your wagon right now is Tchill and Kawl, right? I haven't placed Tchill properly but he's a townlean, and Kawl is null. I mean, it's a 2 person wagon. 0-1 scum, leaning 0.

Why haven't you made more of an effort to push me and follow up on your case?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Prodding Not_Mafia, Cero68, and Cece. This is Not_Mafia's second prod.
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 170, Fykus wrote:ay yo jj, how many scum do you reckon are on my wagon?
This seems like an absurd overreaction
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Papa Zito »

It's hard to play mafia without players.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”