TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Spoiler: How to befriend a shitposter
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Thats how I met your mother.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:52 pm

lol oops my finger slipped

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=71638
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

You should wear a green tie, it would match your role pm so nicely.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 1479, Firebringer wrote:I kind of think he is town too.
I am just not dealing with his attitude and I am not replacing out.

There's no ignore button for this game.

Alisae is probably scum.
Implosion feels more townie now than before.
Hikari is now in my scum pile.

I don't get the thing with Titus but I don't think I will.
Why am/was I in your scum pile?
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Never mind. You got asked that later.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

In post 2803, Firebringer wrote:You should wear a green tie, it would match your role pm so nicely.
LOL

yeah I almost got in trouble for that because I UNKNOWINGLY asked if I should change my tie color to blue/red and it was multi-ball red/blue mafia teams.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Desperado »

lmao 100 page mini normal

guess I should have asked what sort of commitment I was making first

what's crackin motherfuckers

~ You're stuck here now ;) ~
Last edited by nancy on Thu May 11, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;)
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 1488, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1483, Fro99er wrote:Actually fire can you explain the scum Hikari thing?
When me and boon we're going at it, he felt like the awkward scum that didn't know what to do in situation.
The scum who hate watching TvT but don't really want to stop it because they are scum but still make a half attempt to be peacekeeper.
I wasn't the only person that asked you guys to stop. It was obnoxious, spammy, and clearly heated. Cooler heads needed to prevail and an actual dialogue needed to occur. You guys were talking past each other, not to each other. It doesn't matter what I alignment I play (I have no meta to back this up), I don't like arguments to take a personal turn in a game. I feel like it kills the motivation of everyone in the game.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:03 pm

In post 2807, Desperado wrote:lmao 100 page mini normal

guess I should have asked what sort of commitment I was making first

what's crackin motherfuckers
Well we're just talking a little jazz before we lynch Titus
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Desperado »

i am almost always down to lynch Titus

what's she done this time
;)
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Fuck I don't care if this is buddying, I love this Desperado
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Buddy me with butter and serve me an endgame idc

Anywho, basically Keyser was going to write a defense of Titus, and I was going to have a jam session and actually show my work solving the game and then the day I said I was going to do it, she hammered

OH AND I CAN FUCKING SAY IT NOW

THE REASON TITUS LOL HAMMERED IS CUZ SHE KNOWS I CAN CATCH SCUM D1 IN A JAM SESSION

She got lynched in Days of Yore Mafia because near the end of D1, Nacho and I were finally able to have a night to talk and we correctly called like 8/13 slots town and both scum as null and then the scum we caught, Titus!slot, barely escaped a lynch because of deadline. We then died and she was lynched D2.

BUT THE THING IS, SHE KNOWS HOW MUCH DAMAGE IT CAN DO.

So she literally lol!hammered the night I was going to do a jam session, btw you should note this was with 7 days left to deadline so there was NO FUCKING RUSH, and I explicitly told people all the time that it was my free day to actually put work into here and lynching someone was a scum claim and they would have my vote till they die.

Hilariously anti-town play and I don't believe Titus is town at all so she's dying.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Spoiler: Titus
In post 1493, Titus wrote:
In post 1111, Tammy wrote:
In post 1103, Titus wrote:
In post 1065, Hikari Link wrote:@Titus: What do you mean that you don't see Nacho and implosion melding? What do you make of Nacho's post where he breaks down his reads to me?

Also, can you reiterate who you read as scum and who you think is town? I know you're still sorting, but give me the best you've got, please.
Hmph. Not liking the vote on me while you know I am sorting.

Second, I mean those agreements Implosion talks about. I don't see two players in sync at all. I see Nacho retreating the moment after Implosion stops pushing Tammy.

I don't see much in Nacho's wall, particularly his Tammy read. He basically says town by meta and has nuance. It rings hollow given Tammy's basic state is nuance. There's nothing someone who isn't a meta hunter can engage with.
Why do you have to be done sorting for her to put a vote on you? I'd say we're all still in the process of sorting, so should nobody be voting? Why can't he just scum read you?

I feel like in the second paragraph you're doing that thing you do where you ignore people's explanations and push a narrative of something that didn't happen and is not happening without assessing what is actually going on.

You do not have to agree on every single thing to be "in sync", and you keep pushing that bit which is not a big part of the read anyway. Nacho was joking with his vote on implosion in the first place; this is exactly what he did in Gay Mafia when Hiplop was voting me. He wasn't scum reading hiplop at the time, he was making a point about hiplop's bad scum read on me. Same thing here with implosion.

If you are town, you are misreading/misunderstanding and are ignoring the posts people have made setting that straight. If implosion is scum, it's not because of that because his early game interaction with me is very similar to the last game we played together. Here is his iso from that game. You can see him interacting with me in a very similar way as town in his first few posts: viewtopic.php?t=62686&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

If he's scum, he's just trying to mimic that interaction. (I'm leaning town at the moment; I'm just trying to point out that the interaction is null as far as I'm concerned.)

I am worried that you saw the beginning of a town group forming and are trying to break that up, which is something that I normally think is stupid, but it's something I am concerned about here.

I don't understand your problem with town read on me from nacho. And I don't understand why you're acting like it's something you can't touch or prod. You can still ask him questions. You can still ask me questions. It feels wrong that if it's something you don't trust or can't understand that you're not poking at it or trying to understand.

pedit: Not gonna lie, I know that's a fake, but still my heart dropped with sadness for a split second before I chuckled.
First, if HL knows I am sorting, it implies they know I am town, as scum don't have to sort anyone.

You can say I am misreading things but when reality conflicts with players literal text to me, I am going to have a scumread. To me, it looks like Nacho scumread implosion and backed off the moment Implosion TRed you.

It also feels Nacho decided you were town before you set foot in the thread.

It's D1 and I am open to being wrong, but replies like yours that essentially say plug your nose to our circle jerk are not helpful. I am curious about your other reads.
Wow, that's a bit of a misrepresentation of what I said. Would you have preferred the more skeptical "I know you claim you are still sorting..."? Also, scum can attempt to create a facsimile of sorting, even if they already know everything.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Spoiler: Titus 2: The Streets
In post 1494, Titus wrote:
In post 1131, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 1103, Titus wrote:
In post 1065, Hikari Link wrote:@Titus: What do you mean that you don't see Nacho and implosion melding? What do you make of Nacho's post where he breaks down his reads to me?

Also, can you reiterate who you read as scum and who you think is town? I know you're still sorting, but give me the best you've got, please.
Hmph. Not liking the vote on me while you know I am sorting.

Second, I mean those agreements Implosion talks about. I don't see two players in sync at all. I see Nacho retreating the moment after Implosion stops pushing Tammy.

I don't see much in Nacho's wall, particularly his Tammy read. He basically says town by meta and has nuance. It rings hollow given Tammy's basic state is nuance. There's nothing someone who isn't a meta hunter can engage with.
You've been "sorting" for an awful long time (pot calling the kettle black, admittedly). And in that time, you've dodged questions and basically been a non-entity.
In post 1104, Titus wrote:Now, Gun to my head Implosion and Ari are my SRs. Could do Ali as well but I have two competing theories.
Are you taking the position townNacho's not competent enough to be able to tell between scumTammy and townTammy at this point? I just want to be clear where you stand on him, because it kinda sounds like you're shading him without reading him as scum.
VOTE: HL

Holy fuck this post is terrible.

Calling me a non-entity and dodging questions is a load of horse manure. I have been driving and sorting and asking questions. I sort based on group dynamics and how players treat each other.

The total misrepresentation of my read as Nacho isn't comptent enough to read Tammy is just terrible. He IS competent enough to read Tammy. He is also better at describing things and communicating why slots are the way they are and appearing genuine.
Can we just talk about terrible posts for a minute?

I mean, first, you certainly felt like a non-entity to me. And I don't recall you ever once answering for the misrepresentation on implosion where he said "it started with gut, then..." I mean, that seemed to be your case for quite some time, even several people pointed out that your argument didn't make sense.

Also, I never misrepresented your Nacho read. I asked you whether you were taking a position. Based on what I read, that seemed like the position you were taking. I never once said "you're scum because you don't think Tammy is competent enough to read Nacho." or anything of the sort. If I'm unclear on what a statement means, I'll repeat it back in my own words to make sure that I understand the meaning. It's a technique called mirroring and is an important component of listening.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by nancy »

Infinity 324 replaces Fro99er!
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:38 pm

MAH BOI INFINITY
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:38 pm

This shit is getting lit
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Hey how's it going!
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Tammy »

Yay infinity hi!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 pm

IT'S GOING GREAT NOW

It looks like we're getting the band back together >_>

Don't tell Fire but if we get mastina and Heartless and we got a full blown reunion
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2810, Desperado wrote:i am almost always down to lynch Titus

what's she done this time

You argued against it in gay mafia.

I know you said almost always, but.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 1496, Titus wrote:Ok, I am at the bottom of 55.

Pretty sure HL is scum based on the lack of substantive interaction they have with Fire/Boon but calling it T v T.
You have to have substantive interaction with people to call an argument T v T? I saw what looked like a pretty genuine fight between two people.

On one hand, Boonskiies was misrepresenting the hell out of Fire and asserting repeatedly that he was town and Fire was scum, both of which are actions I tend to think are pretty scummy. But the venom was so real there that I could believe it coming from town.

On the other hand, Firebringer seemed truly offended that Boon would imply that rb would ever replace out for impure reasons and absolutely refused to take his vote off Boon as long as Boon remained in the game, even though he acknowledged Boon was probably town. Parking your vote permanently on somebody for non-game reasons is anti-town as hell. But it's such a blatant move, that it's entirely conceivable (and probable) that it came from angry town.

Of the two, Boon looked worse, since he was the one turning a clearly non-alignment fight into something about alignment. Made me worry that he might have been scum faking his anger to push a lynch, look like angry town, or throw Firebringer off balance. But after looking at the Happenings on the first page after the lynch, I saw that Boon was actually force-replaced. After so many warnings for his conduct, I feel like if he was scum faking it, he would've just reigned it in and stopped poking at it. It's only through true anger that I could see Boon losing his cool so thoroughly. And I don't see why he would be that angry as scum.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I'm ready to break this game open.

Let's goooo
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In the first few pages nacho seems a little off but the fact that other people know him better and didn't say anything makes me think it doesn't mean anything
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”