Newbie 1795 | Summer | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cece
Cece
Townie
Cece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Cece »

Ah no! Oh dear sorry, stupid arse week. Let's look at the last..two pages? Ok well guess I can't complain tis also my fault.

Ok have read thru again.
VOTE: NotMafia

this is not just a lurking/post more prod, a don't think it would do much b would be hypocritical, but seriously all the way those one-liners are going doesn't advance the game, at most it's just questions that he don't seem to follow up on, and I don't see a single honest scumhunting effort even implied in his posts.

It *might* just be a result of not lurking much, but my gut also says that.. I dunno, there's something there. His stuff just also feels contrived, and have difficulty seeing a town mindset behind it. For instance post 133 (I don't know how to link) is v much jumping on the bandwagon - no not even that, cause it's expressing lack of knowledge. Does he even have opinions?

Two replacements - want to see more, but liking Kal so far. jj still town, Fykus/Zito ehhh, Cero more town than before but that might be cause I find NM scummier.
Cece
Cece
Townie
Cece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 am

Post by Cece »

In post 175, Cece wrote:It *might* just be a result of not lurking much
Whoops replace 'lurking' with 'posting'
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 170, Fykus wrote:ay yo jj, how many scum do you reckon are on my wagon?
And this reaction is why I think showing your hand in that earlier post is a poor way to play. You've shown that you think Fykus is running a honey pot with a deliberately bad argument, so when any pressure builds on him he can naturally turn to you and act like that was his intent all along and he's been successful now.
Cece
Cece
Townie
Cece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Cece »

I suppose one of the things I actually find off, thinking bout it, is that despite the prods he's obviously reading the thread and -possibly- actually has opinions, but isn't posting them. There doesn't even seem to be rhyme or reason in the questions he's asking/comments he's making, there isnt' a point he's leading towards, it's just, like, posting I guess. Also nobody's jumped on him yet and - nah, I'm not sure if mafia would've if he's town, but they might have.

But I guess he might also be replaced soonish - I'm not sure if I should continue my read on him thru to a new player/replacement? Could just be posting style, lack of time, I guess.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.06

jjh927
(2): Not_Mafia, Fykus
Fykus
(2): Kawl, Tchill13
Cero68
(1): Papa Zito
Papa Zito
(1): jjh927
Not_Mafia
(1): Cece

Not Voting
(2): Cero68, Arnold Schwarzenegger

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-05-21 13:30:00)
Last edited by PenguinPower on Fri May 12, 2017 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
<(") | (")>
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 am

Post by Kawl »

In post 167, Tchill13 wrote:Kawl and Arnold what are your thoughts on Zito?
Null ATM. Nothing really jumping out, but definitely nothing worth nudging to a town lean from my perspective yet.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think Cece is an alt
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Cece
Cece
Townie
Cece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Cece »

In post 181, Not_Mafia wrote:I think Cece is an alt

ahaha why is that? never actually played mafia online before.

Also hey one line posts that don't contribute much again.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:44 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Exacttly what an alt would say
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Cece
Cece
Townie
Cece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Cece »

lol k dude. Airtight case there.

Also btw kind of telling that I'm the only person you've posted a proper opinion of so far, and it's not even about my alignment? v v good.
Cece
Cece
Townie
Cece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Cece »

In post 128, Papa Zito wrote: Fykus is an obvious alt, so I'm curious to see what he'll do.
In post 181, Not_Mafia wrote:I think Cece is an alt
Also this is a thing. Not sure why. Wouldn't it be funny if they were mafia together?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Not_Mafia do you have any town or scum reads?
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Everyone,

Finished reading the last couple of days of post. And here are some of my thoughts:

I'm a little wary of tchill13 since it seems to me from his post that he keeps changing his vote whenever there is a new argument presented for one of the other players. This only makes me suspicious because it seems that he might be trying to gain trust in jumping in bandwagons, but that only makes me suspicious of his actions.

On that note, I feel like Not_Mafia's last post are really strange. I don't see what's the problem with having an alt account since from what I read on the wiki it's encourage a bit for players to create one if it's not used in shifty ways so why keep calling it out. Also on that note who cares since we are still playing the game and it doesn't affect the game state besides trying shift peoples perceptions of how that person will play. There might be a reason for these kinds of post especially if he's an SE and I would hope he would have developed more as a player due to his experience. Papa Zito posted that he has his own play style and Not_Mafia might be doing something similar, but his actions with Cece makes me think he's scum. So...

VOTE: Not_Mafia

In post 134, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 130, Cero68 wrote: That said I still don't understand why you didn't join jj instead of just flat unvoting. If you're attempting to pressure lurkers into posting why not help him with someone who has checked in vs leaving your vote completely off?
Also to answer Papa Zito's question on this post, I'm not completely sure what I get from you. Of course I'm not thrilled with getting immediately voted by you right away, but I feel like your trying to get the ball rolling and are analyzing reactions and responses from others. I can't really say you lean scum since the only real thing you've done is voted for me and watched people from there. Point is that it's early and none of your actions actually justify a vote at this stage.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't have any strong reads, and I'm not saying anything positive or negative about Cece being an alt, it's just speculation
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger »

In post 169, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 18, Fykus wrote:I'm tempted to L-1 you but I suppose I shouldn't, just in case scum decide to pull a fast one.

VOTE: Jax Teller

Because I hated jax by the end of that show.

The way Fykus mentions he'd like to put him at L-1 here then doesn't. Easy attempt for town cred but jj would have more than likely Unvoted himself. Fykus then blows this off a few posts later. Zito and jj get into a discussion and Fykus states jj won... Seems "convenient" to me that jj lost his discussion with Zito after jj was the one who brought up Fykus' L-1 comment. I personally don't think either side "won" that discussion. Then Fykus' post on 132 seems to be grasping at straws a little. It's also very well put together and planned out which makes me see Fykus' argument as "I'm scum defending myself trying to throw the attention on jj"
tbh I would also not put anyone at L-1 in a newbie game so early in the game. I don't see it as an attempt for town cred at all. Just playing safe.
How would you think town should have reacted to the pressure Fykus was on?
In memory of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Radja's character pick in Survivor: 2016
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger »

I'm actually an alt. Do I win a prize?

NM, what do you think about Fykus? Town/Scum?
In memory of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Radja's character pick in Survivor: 2016
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 187, Cero68 wrote:Also to answer Papa Zito's question on this post, I'm not completely sure what I get from you. Of course I'm not thrilled with getting immediately voted by you right away, but I feel like your trying to get the ball rolling and are analyzing reactions and responses from others. I can't really say you lean scum since the only real thing you've done is voted for me and watched people from there. Point is that it's early and none of your actions actually justify a vote at this stage.
Welcome back d00d.

I'm afraid that doesn't really address my question. I'm not terribly concerned what your view of me is. I'm more looking for an explanation about

A: Why did you choose to vote a slot that hadn't posted
at all
; and
B: Why you didn't place your vote on a wagon that jj supported since he was doing the exact same thing you're doing. I'm not a math nerd but if your goal is to pressure lurkers surely 2 votes > 1 vote?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 190, Arnold Schwarzenegger wrote:I'm actually an alt. Do I win a prize?

NM, what do you think about Fykus? Town/Scum?
I just saw this on reddit: https://www.wired.com/2009/10/schwarzenegger/
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm not sure how you can call it hopping on wagons for town cred at this point when nobody has had 3 votes on them. There's been hardly any pressure applied to anyone this game so far. Fykus play after his comment seems scummy to me. Not_mafias play seems just as scummy right now. If I'm not mistaken they're both voting jj right now... Very odd feeling to me.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I also think town should have pushed fykus more. Honestly at this point though not_mafias lack of cooperation and scum hunting is pretty alarming. He's keeping up with the game and has absolutely no reads.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 8:16 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Zito is bribg up great points as well if anyone is wondering where I stand on that conversation.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 8:51 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh yeah, speaking of Zito, I don't need this anymore.

UNVOTE: Papa Zito
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Fykus »

In post 160, jjh927 wrote:I kind of like Fykus' case on me tbh, but only because I think it was built to see how I react. I don't see it as a case rooted in real opinions. He's a scumlean but I'll let you guys push him because I need to work on placing other people more. I've only really got scumreads rn.

PEdit: Oh, I agree with Zito there.
Na there was no ulterior reason for the case on you, honestly it was the only "potential" scuminess from anyone I could see in the thread at the time. I guess nobody agreed with it though because nobody bothered to talk about it or follow.
In post 171, jjh927 wrote:Your wagon right now is Tchill and Kawl, right? I haven't placed Tchill properly but he's a townlean, and Kawl is null. I mean, it's a 2 person wagon. 0-1 scum, leaning 0.

Why haven't you made more of an effort to push me and follow up on your case?
In retrospect it was a pretty weak case (without having more stuff to add to it, so maybe itll come back into play later on). Anywho, I think I've got a gut read for now, so I'm going to be looking for some evidence to back it up, so I wont be needing this:

UNVOTE: jjh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Fykus »

Also I feel that Ceros post was pretty genuine so I'm chucking him into my town pile for now.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 11:43 am

Post by jjh927 »

I guess now is a good time to respond to
In post 177, Kawl wrote:
In post 170, Fykus wrote:ay yo jj, how many scum do you reckon are on my wagon?
And this reaction is why I think showing your hand in that earlier post is a poor way to play. You've shown that you think Fykus is running a honey pot with a deliberately bad argument, so when any pressure builds on him he can naturally turn to you and act like that was his intent all along and he's been successful now.

See, if I offer an explanation for motives and it is taken, then we have a new angle to push, and it's a relatively easy one from a scumhunting perspective. Also consider that scum looking to justify their reasoning post-hoc might be happy to take a suggestion like that without really thinking about how that might backfire.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”